AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-12, 14:04   Link #1941
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
I disagree UPR. Sure Tsukune gets to be a bad ass, but he's still no match for Moka, who soundly trashes him when she's half dead and he's at the peak of his powers.

It just appears differently because Tsukune's personality won't allow him not to throw hazard to the wind and jump in. Despite that, he still ends up being saved by Moka a lot

I was devestated by how bad the anime is TBH. I wasn't expecting a full manga conversion, but i was hoping for atleast the same story and flow. A lot of the time i wonder if they just pulled it out of their arse. Also, sure the manga has a lot of fanservice, but the anime went OTT. I thought it was okay at first, but as the series went on it got old REAL quick. It felt like they were relying on the fanservice to sell the series, rather than allowing the story to sell it.

Not long for vol 1 of the manga to be released
__________________
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 15:13   Link #1942
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I hated the anime. Thank you Gonzo.....you really can't make a decent manga--->anime conversion, can you? I though you could not do worse them Bokurano, but look and behold, you went an proved me wrong.

Top X things I hated in the anime:

a) The Fanservice: a little fanservice is good. Even lot's of fanservice is good somethimes. But that's all you had. Every three shots were either panty shots, bouncing boobs or symetrical docking.

b) The filler: oh my god.....what the F**K was the point of episode 4? The anime-original episode? Can ANYONE tell me what the point of that is? If anyone can convince me it had an actualy, valid, purpose....I will sing your name in praise to the heavens

c) Ruby: WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO MY RUBY??!!!! You turned her into an emo-crazy-bitch!!! WHY??!!! You screwed up that part of the story way more then any other part....but why? There was no point in doing that. ABSOLUTLY no point......but yet you did it.

d) Mizore: And why couldn't we still have the perv-teacher attacking and Moka defeting him, insted of Tsukune? Why did Mizore have to go bat-shit and attack?

e) Gin: He had ONE cool scene in the manga, and you shafted him of it, for no reason.

f) The student council story: Do comment......Moka's interrogation? Jesus-Tsukune? You should be ashamed

g) Tsukune: The ONLY reason I watched to the end was to see Vampire-Tsukune do a One-Hit-KO. Did that happen? NO. Why? Because the director needs to be shot......in the stomach....twice.



If the second season will be like that........and it most likely BE like that, since they are bosting about more anime-original characters, I hope the director gets cancer before he can start, and they replace him with someone who respects the original material.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 17:48   Link #1943
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Lol, as much I understand how manga reader despise Gonzo adaption of the manga in due respect you still have to consider the audience who reads your post in this thread

@DmonHiro
I do think a manga spoilers/comparison deserve a spoil tag put around. It does belong in the manga thread but if you feel the need to vent your frustration here put them in a spoil tag since some of us here are not familiar with the manga and wish not to be spoiled.

While some changes you may feel have not being faithful an adaptation is at best is how the director interrupts the story in his eye.

Spoiler for Reply to DmonHiro:
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 18:00   Link #1944
Snuffle
likes cute things
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Where all the cute and pretty silver hair girls are :)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Not long for vol 1 of the manga to be released
Wow. I had no idea the manga was licenced until I read your post . From what I've seen so far, Viz Meida do a pretty good job with mangas, but I have only seen "Hayate the Combat Butler" from them. Will be getting Rosario+Vampire manga once it's released . June.3 is the street date.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 18:11   Link #1945
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Actually in the manga it is Tsukune that saves Mizore from the perv teacher. Beyond that i agree with everything else DmonHiro said

As for Ruby, i can see Nemuru's point. Ruby could be an emo psycho. However the anime version went a bit to far IMO, just like they went over board with everything else. While i don't expect a anime based on manga to be canon, i do expect them to at least follow the story.

For RtV they took the first few volumes of the manga, stuck it in a blender, blended it into a mess, then added a tonne of fanservice.

This had the potential to be an awesome series, however as soon as it was anounced to be a 12 episode season, it was obvious they were going to make it suck, and take the girls bravo route

@Snuffle Normally Viz suck when it comes to shonen titles, they're the worst publishers possible. However, lately they seem to have improved loads, Hayate is a prime example. They're almost on par with their shojo section, which has had a good rep for a while now.
__________________
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 23:55   Link #1946
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
imo the only point in ep4 was the promotion for the character songs. though i agree with your list of major manga-anime screwups.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 00:41   Link #1947
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Actually, the songs were in episode 5, so not even that canbe used as an excuse
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 01:38   Link #1948
Taricitous
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane Austrailia
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
lol this has got to be 1 messy thread hahah

Quote:
It goes a whole lot deeper and better with Tsukune doing alot more. Not going to say alot because I don't want to spoil. But I will say Tsukune goes bad ass. Moka for the most part becomes a second option with Tsukune there.
hmm sounds interesting enough, i mean it was bound to happen really (Tsukune goes bad ass) but it all sounds interesting so im just going to wait and see what happens
Quote:
Tsukune: The ONLY reason I watched to the end was to see Vampire-Tsukune do a One-Hit-KO. Did that happen? NO. Why? Because the director needs to be shot......in the stomach....twice.
LOL! i had the same thought
__________________
Taricitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 02:00   Link #1949
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I'm surpirse Daisuke Kishio is voicing Kaname in vampire knights. Season 2 should be interesting if the anime decided to show chapter 21 of the manga.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 08:14   Link #1950
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Actually, the songs were in episode 5, so not even that canbe used as an excuse
darn, my memory is starting to get a bit fuzzy already. i could rewatch the series to refresh my memory but then again its better to stick with the manga in the 1st place.
__________________

Last edited by X207; 2008-05-13 at 08:37.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 08:25   Link #1951
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Watch the series....AGAIN??!!!!! Why in God's, Budha's or any other entity's name would you do that? I'd rather have a wrestling match with The Juggernauth
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 08:40   Link #1952
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Watch the series....AGAIN??!!!!! Why in God's, Budha's or any other entity's name would you do that? I'd rather have a wrestling match with The Juggernauth
lol like that's ever happen to me. the only reason why i countinued the series was BC mizore and [sarcasm] tsukune's awesomely fantastic transformation into a badass ghoul[/sarcasm]
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 11:05   Link #1953
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
ummmm after a long hiatus i finally decided to finish the series... but i went 'wtf' at the final episode.

Spoiler for final episode of season 1:


mildly good series...nothing great though, except the massive attack of pantsu shots.... 6/10
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 11:16   Link #1954
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Thats fairly close to what happened in the manga, and yet still manages to miss the mark by a mile hehe

Spoiler:
__________________
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 11:23   Link #1955
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
ONCE
LAME!!!

i'd give season 2 another shot though.... i've only read the manga till chapter 4 and skimmed(umm just saw the pictures)through everything else. i hope it wouldnt be as...err...'disappointing' as season 1.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 11:33   Link #1956
Taricitous
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane Austrailia
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
once is ALOT better then just dodging then been a dumbass on the side bench .....
__________________
Taricitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 18:56   Link #1957
Snuffle
likes cute things
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Where all the cute and pretty silver hair girls are :)
Age: 33
Quite a bit of bashing/complaints about this show . I'm actually watching it a second time cause I find the girls kawaii .

While I understand not being able to see Tsukune in action (for whatever dumb reason >_>), what were the rest of you expecting from this show? It's ecchi... what ecchi show has a good story? Yes I'm seriously asking this o_o;;

btw, for me, the story comes 3rd or lower for ecchi shows lol (characters are always 1st).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
@Snuffle Normally Viz suck when it comes to shonen titles, they're the worst publishers possible. However, lately they seem to have improved loads, Hayate is a prime example. They're almost on par with their shojo section, which has had a good rep for a while now.
Hmm... I hope they do Rosario properly then .... I only have Hayate from Viz Media, I'm not really interested in the other titles.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 19:39   Link #1958
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Actually this series has ecchi, good story, and good development in the manga. It's one ofthe few that do. For some reason they decided to increase the ecchi a thousand fold, scrap the story and developement, and leave it to raging hormones to make it popular.

If they'd done a better transition from manga to anime it would of had a larger following. When you start to read the manga you'll understand
__________________
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 19:50   Link #1959
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
hmmm maybe i'll continue the manga then, from what i saw in the manga section it looks like its in the second season.

@snuffle
Quote:
i find the girls kawaii
God, they're the only ones that made me watch the show
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 20:53   Link #1960
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Quite a bit of bashing/complaints about this show . I'm actually watching it a second time cause I find the girls kawaii .

While I understand not being able to see Tsukune in action (for whatever dumb reason >_>), what were the rest of you expecting from this show? It's ecchi... what ecchi show has a good story? Yes I'm seriously asking this o_o;;

btw, for me, the story comes 3rd or lower for ecchi shows lol (characters are always 1st).


Hmm... I hope they do Rosario properly then .... I only have Hayate from Viz Media, I'm not really interested in the other titles.
Love Hina comes into mind as an ecchi show with a good(romance) story, I simply love the entire cast involvement and Keitarou/Naru dream of getting into Toudai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple
Actually this series has ecchi, good story, and good development in the manga. It's one of the few that do. For some reason they decided to increase the ecchi a thousand fold, scrap the story and development, and leave it to raging hormones to make it popular.

If they'd done a better transition from manga to anime it would of had a larger following. When you start to read the manga you'll understand
I agree mostly that Rosario+Vampire manga offer something more then your average fanservice shounen title, which was my reason for reading R+V. They only increase the panty shots which arenít all that great which is the only negative issues I have with the anime although totally ignorable, R+V greatness comes from the plot more so then the fan service which separates it from other harem titles.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.