AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 21:28   Link #2161
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
As much as I'm enjoying the series I think I'm going to stop watching it soon. If the story is going to continue in the direction its headed, with CE always shown as being powerful and coming out on top. It's just no fun in the end. I keep hoping and waiting for the other factions to score a victory but just don't see it happening.

If wouldn't be much of a problem if the Gundam team and their mission were fun to watch and/or likeable. As it stands now I don't care about them at all. The Union, AEL, and HRL are a LOT more enjoyable to watch. CE's mission paints them as the bad guys and no matter how cool the Gundams happen to look I can not bring myself to cheer them on or even even be excited when they are in action unless they are up against one of the other three faction's ace pilots. It's been 12 episodes (well 13 but haven't watched the latest on yet). They've had more then enough time to show how powerful CE is. Get on with the plot already. If you are going to have the focus on a team, at least make them likeable and have a mission that doesn't possible turn the viewer's stomach.

Not sure if anyone is feeling this way.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 22:14   Link #2162
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Spoiler:
Ten bucks says the character on the right wears orange shades and goes out in a GAR blaze of glory.

DON'T BELIEVE IN ME, BELIEVE IN THE YOU THAT BELIEVES IN YOU.

and

YOUR GUNDAM IS THE GUNDAM THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:00   Link #2163
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

OMG yay, new music by the brilliant green!

Although Daybreak's Bell sounded cooler, I do like this song as well. And I'll take a lesser opening theme if it means the end of that sock wearing poser Tommy Heavenly6, and more TBG.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:08   Link #2164
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I've been reading your ideas. The show hints at the current Gundam meisters being nothing more than pawns being used by an elite organization/secret brotherhood of geniuses.

The Crossroad girl was investigating CB and found out that very intelligent people have been disappearing during the last few centuries. CB seems to be an elitists brotherhood of geniuses that may want to destroy the world and recreate it as they want it.

The current Gundam meisters have modest beginnings. . . at least 3 of them. The CB leadership may see them as disposable pawns. Allelujah is a failed super solder and psycho, he was considered a piece of trash by his creators. Setsuna was just some third world child soldier. Lockon was some working class Irish kid caught in the IRA crossfire.

Seeing as 3 new pilots are being introduced. . .it could be that the Gundam meisters are targetted for disposal. . . they've served their purpose and must die.

I'm still waiting for that big twist, no matter what it is. . . it should be good.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:21   Link #2165
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

It's the la li loo lay lo!
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 00:54   Link #2166
Allelujah Paptism
Pilot of Gundam Kyrios

so the blue haired guy pilots the melee type, the other guy is long range so the girl is high mobility, correct me if im wrong
Allelujah Paptism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 01:42   Link #2167
Chase

im not fond of the direction its taking with the new pilots as too the current ones, wouldnt that put alot of people on the back burner? It would make it less of a story with all the characters already in it with us knowing so little about most their pasts. I dunno, maybe its just me and maybe i'll change my mind once it happens. It just seem like its going to get cluttered in a hurry and things get lost.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 07:10   Link #2168
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

It's either episode 11 or 12. Saji's sister is investigating the origins of Celestial being. She finds out that the Union or E.U is basically investigating the same thing. She arrives at some apartment building or hotel room where some guy who is a descdendent of some long lost genius is residing.

During one of the scenes, she explains what she has found over the phone, I think. She's discovered that hundreds of scientists, many leaders in their fields of expertise, have disappeared without a trace since Aeolia Schenberg disappeared. . . which I think is the last 200 years. This hints at a secret brotherhood established by Aeolia that recruits the finest scientific minds that are sympathetic to the goals of the organization. This would explain Celestial Beings technological superiority. We know they have a space colony. What kind of advantage would a somewhat isolated space colony full of geniuses and reinforced with new geniuses on a regular basis have? The whole idea of this organization trying to destroy the world comes from what usually occurs when we see a secret brotherhood and an extremely advanced A.I. thinking they know what's best.

The old man working for the Union with Graham seemed to act like had some inside info on Schenberg. I wonder if he is one of his descendents and may know something the public doesn't know about Schenberg.

After watching episode 13. . . what's up with Ali Al Sarshes? He goes from a muslim extremist to a hard drinking wordly mercenary? He betrays PMC trust, it seems. He seems to be getting logistical support from someone or something. He's into the wanton violence a bit too much.

I could be wrong, maybe CB won't split up and really isn't as bad as I think. What if there was a schism within CB and a faction broke off. . . lets says. . . 100 years ago. What if Ali Al Sarshes works for them?

This show needs a worthy antagonist ASAP. Nothing like a hero robot with tons of battle damage.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 15:00   Link #2169
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Ep15 - Broken Wing

The meisters are locked in a fierce battle against almost a thousand mobile suits. In reality, the military exercise is a trap to attempt to capture all four Gundams. As the overwhelming odds stack against their favor the Gundams fine themselves cornered.
A thousand?? ..Thats a lot!..And kind of unrealistic.
hemmm..I think Kira will finally make his appearance and most likely hijack the show.

Quote:
Spoiler for Gundam Throne Meisters?:
Moe? A moe girl is going to pilot a Gundam? lol wtf is going on...?

And the other two guys...hemm, I don't know..If they're really gonna walk around in these ridiculous outfits, then I'm going to have a hard time taking them seriously.
Old 2008-01-08, 16:36   Link #2170
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
She's discovered that hundreds of scientists, many leaders in their fields of expertise, have disappeared without a trace since Aeolia Schenberg disappeared. . . which I think is the last 200 years. This hints at a secret brotherhood established by Aeolia that recruits the finest scientific minds that are sympathetic to the goals of the organization. This would explain Celestial Beings technological superiority. We know they have a space colony.

LOL It's like the game Bioshock but without the great story. "Would you kindly use the Gundams to end all wars."
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 19:10   Link #2171
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It sure does, that's why it is pure lol.
It's edited into the bottom right corner in an extremely half-ass way. That's why it's so LOL. *Sigh, product placements* >_>.
Old 2008-01-08, 19:23   Link #2172
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Moe? A moe girl is going to pilot a Gundam? lol wtf is going on...?
Not to mention that the tsundere queen is going to be her VA....lol
Old 2008-01-08, 21:53   Link #2173
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer36 View Post
Who sing the opening song
gundam00
Depends, are you referring to the 1st opening song or the new one? The first OP was done by L' Arc En Ciel and the new OP is going to be done by the brilliant green.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 22:47   Link #2174
Same_Shark

Hey, everyone! Stephanie's site has a preview of Friends. Pretty good song.

Here ya go!: http://www.steph.jp/disco/index.html
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 22:50   Link #2175
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Because of that, I really can't wait to see her appearance. Can't imagine how she will sound when she fights.
Old 2008-01-08, 23:00   Link #2176
Chase

The song seems more suited for Bleach than Gundam.
Old 2008-01-08, 23:01   Link #2177
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
And what is up with her demonic haro?!
Old 2008-01-08, 23:03   Link #2178
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
The song seems more suited for Bleach than Gundam.
At least it's not another Wings of Words. That song pisses me off to this day.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 23:13   Link #2179
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
At least it's not another Wings of Words. That song pisses me off to this day.
lol i hear that.
Old 2008-01-08, 23:38   Link #2180
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Nice song

Tags
spoilers