AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-02, 21:59   Link #3881
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
0 and O is interchangeable. They are both round and they pretty much look the same if you use a Japanese character set. In fact, the Japanese publications use them interchangeably.

So really, who cares?
No, O is a letter when the suit is named after a number, 0. Publications haven't been using them interchangeably as of late because they stated 0 Gundam. That, and the proof is in the pudding with the show. 0 Gundam and 00 Gundam. It's not OO Gundam :/

People can't seem to comprehend that when they say daburu oh, they aren't saying OO. 0079 is pronounced the same way, yet people don't go OO79. :/
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 22:12   Link #3882
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
1 engine goes TransAm.
In that time, the other engine just keeps recharging the GN collection. When the first engine's TransAm wears off, the second one goes TransAm. When the second TransAm wears off the first engine can use TransAm again.

Etc. etc. etc... just keep switching off.
Uhhh no actually if the engine's creation rate matches or exceeds that of the release rate then the Transam system can maintain itself indefintely by your definition.

Transam works by releasing all 'stored' particles and by the looks of it it drains it at an exponential rate. Meaning you'll need at least several engines to match that exponentially to maintain the same amount of GN particles that were originally stored.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 22:28   Link #3883
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
No, O is a letter when the suit is named after a number, 0. Publications haven't been using them interchangeably as of late because they stated 0 Gundam. That, and the proof is in the pudding with the show. 0 Gundam and 00 Gundam. It's not OO Gundam :/

People can't seem to comprehend that when they say daburu oh, they aren't saying OO. 0079 is pronounced the same way, yet people don't go OO79. :/
We could cry all day long about this. Its Gundam daburu "Oh". Not Gundam daburu "Zero". Jap CHARsets use a zero so it is different.

0079 is a number BTW....
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 22:37   Link #3884
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
People can't seem to comprehend that when they say daburu oh, they aren't saying OO. 0079 is pronounced the same way, yet people don't go OO79. :/
Oh "people" comprehend alright, in fact, we knew that LONG before you decided to stuff this down our throats (and IIRC this isn't the first time either)... Its just that IT DOESN'T MATTER to most. In my case, I prefer typing "O Gundam" because it plains LOOK better than "0 Gundam", while "00 Gundam" looks better than "OO Gundam". So what if O is a letter and 0 is a number? You handwrite them the exact same way! And they can be pronounced the same! Who cares?
__________________
Copyright © 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 04:25   Link #3885
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I find it funny how some people on this forum just tend to stck to sh*tty reasons just to take down those who somehow annoy them with their opinions or tastes.

Deacon Blues - just give Demongod a break. Your surprisingly personal approach to it is getting even more annoying than D-KLAC's spamposts.


I always write 00, so what the heck...

--

Hey, and one question guys. Is the 0 Gundam spelled "Oh" Gundam or "Zero" Gundam?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 04:29   Link #3886
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
--

Hey, and one question guys. Is the 0 Gundam spelled "Oh" Gundam or "Zero" Gundam?
As pronounced by Wang in the last episode, it's 'Oh'.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 11:05   Link #3887
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
They said that O Gundam's GN Drive didn't work with 00, but wondered if Exia's could. What was the reason for this incompatibility?
Only reason I can come up with is that the 0 Gundam's GN Drive was the first one and isn't as advanced as the one constructed afterwards. It probably explains why they didn't use it for the 3rd gen suits as well.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 11:18   Link #3888
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Either that or its dimensions do not correspond with that of the cavity inside the 00's chest section - seeing that it's a first generation and 00 is likely a fourth one, it should come as no surprise if CB's engineers came with other modularity standards or newer designs, either for the power transmission plugs/connectors or merely the furnace's size. Of course, if he hypothesize that all GN drives were created at the same date and that there is no divergence between each other, it merely comes down to the equipment they added on to fit inside the Gundam's torsos.

It also surprises me that with so few TD blanket-equipped drives lying around, Aeolia's 'faction' didn't bother sending a second ship to Jupiter to build more furnaces. Makes you really wonder whether CB is as financially or manpower-wise powerful. All things considered, it's possible that CB's ranks thinned out as decades flew by and the old crew died one by one, leaving less and less 'reliable' people to pursue Aeolia's dream...like a skeleton crew inheriting the old crowd's treasures.

And Deacon...who cares? You'll notice that while I do make the effort of writing '00' instead of 'OO' because I'm a stickler when it comes to spelling, either choice still doesn't herald the end of the world. The seiyuus will (and so will the audience after watching the eps) always pronounce it 'double-oh' or 'oh gundam' but as long as the general meaning is transmitted, it's not that bad an issue. We can still identify which suit is the center of the topic. If the users you wish to lambast persist in spelling it that way, then let them be and forget it. I still see several users writing 'Leolouch' or 'Leulouch' instead of 'Lelouch'; I know they're wrong but it's not worth an ulcer or a post (I should still concede that at one point I did have to correct people who kept typing 'Suzuka' instead of 'Suzaku' but my reasons for this were a bit more obvious IMHO). Now, could we put an end to it and return to the previous topics?
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-04-03 at 14:36.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 14:27   Link #3889
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I find it funny how some people on this forum just tend to stck to sh*tty reasons just to take down those who somehow annoy them with their opinions or tastes.

Deacon Blues - just give Demongod a break. Your surprisingly personal approach to it is getting even more annoying than D-KLAC's spamposts.


I always write 00, so what the heck...

--

Hey, and one question guys. Is the 0 Gundam spelled "Oh" Gundam or "Zero" Gundam?
Uh, I was talking to brightman, not Demongod. 00 is correct. The name of the Gundam is "0 Gundam".

Quote:
Its just that IT DOESN'T MATTER to most. In my case, I prefer typing "O Gundam" because it plains LOOK better than "0 Gundam", while "00 Gundam" looks better than "OO Gundam". So what if O is a letter and 0 is a number? You handwrite them the exact same way! And they can be pronounced the same! Who cares?
Considering that, well, OO is wrong. It's that simple.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 14:52   Link #3890
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
1 engine goes TransAm.
In that time, the other engine just keeps recharging the GN collection. When the first engine's TransAm wears off, the second one goes TransAm. When the second TransAm wears off the first engine can use TransAm again.

Etc. etc. etc... just keep switching off.
I mentioned that a long time ago. Seemed like no one noticed.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 15:16   Link #3891
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
^ Somehow i really doubt it would take mere 3 minutes for the first GN drive to recharge to even normal operational standards, never mind going Trans-Am straight away. From the looks of it it takes at least several hours for recharge, so no amounts of switching drives is going to help. And just how many GN Drives you plan on sticking on one unit anyway - the things are pretty limited in number after all.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 16:24   Link #3892
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Uh, I was talking to brightman, not Demongod. 00 is correct. The name of the Gundam is "0 Gundam".
Yeah, my mistake. I apologize you for that.

So we pronounce it "Oh", huh? Well, maybe they did not want it to bear any connotations to "Wing Zero"
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 21:28   Link #3893
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Considering that, well, OO is wrong. It's that simple.
There's a reason why Sunrise registered both www.gundam00.net and www.gundamoo.net. There is no difference between 00 and OO. Just like there's no difference between "Victory Gundam" and "V Gundam" or "Gundam Wing" and "Gundam W". End of story.
__________________
Copyright © 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 23:47   Link #3894
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
There's a reason why Sunrise registered both www.gundam00.net and www.gundamoo.net. There is no difference between 00 and OO. Just like there's no difference between "Victory Gundam" and "V Gundam" or "Gundam Wing" and "Gundam W". End of story.
Probably because they new that people like Afe would go seizing up the domains for a horrible site like his. It's not all that unheard of. There is a difference. OO is wrong as is O. The show proves it with the (omg) numbers on the Gundam doors. [redundant part removed by a moderator]
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 02:05   Link #3895
whispo
The Reaper
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
So this is what we do once the series has come to a (temporary) end? Have a fight about the grammar O.o ? C'mon people stop wasting forum posts.

I'm just dying to see 00 gundam, I soooo hope it has a nice sword . Bah where are those damn leaks when you need them :O
whispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 03:14   Link #3896
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: All over the place...
Me wonders what happened to Lockon's twin brother. He made one cameo and never appeared again. Perhaps they're planning to make use of him in the second season.
__________________

Latest Post: Black Lagoon Summaries Update and Volume 1 (VIZ) ImpressionsÖ (August 15,2008)
Latest Summary: Elemental Gelade [Volume 14] (July 29, 2008)
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 04:28   Link #3897
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Probably because they new that people like Afe would go seizing up the domains for a horrible site like his. It's not all that unheard of. There is a difference. OO is wrong as is O. The show proves it with the (omg) numbers on the Gundam doors. [redundant part removed by a moderator]
So, you are claiming to have a better grasp on what the title should be that Sunrise itself ? And i would advise you ease up on the insults you seem to be so fond of, as if they make your point any more credible. Personally i use 00, but since the title is not "zero", it can be taken both ways. Yes, 00 does seem more "correct", but neither is OO "wrong".
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 07:56   Link #3898
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Gundam 00 Vol. 3 first week sales
Oricon has Gundam 00 Vol. 3 coming in at #5 on the overall DVD chart and #1 on the anime DVD chart. Info from 2ch says it sold 25,135 copies.

frm gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 10:52   Link #3899
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
So, you are claiming to have a better grasp on what the title should be that Sunrise itself ? And i would advise you ease up on the insults you seem to be so fond of, as if they make your point any more credible. Personally i use 00, but since the title is not "zero", it can be taken both ways. Yes, 00 does seem more "correct", but neither is OO "wrong".
oo7 James Bond
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 11:15   Link #3900
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
So, you are claiming to have a better grasp on what the title should be that Sunrise itself ? And i would advise you ease up on the insults you seem to be so fond of, as if they make your point any more credible. Personally i use 00, but since the title is not "zero", it can be taken both ways. Yes, 00 does seem more "correct", but neither is OO "wrong".
Most people are getting it confused/are being so hellbent insistent upon their rendition because of the way the Japanese pronounce it. Generally if you are saying zero in Japanese, you use either rei, maru, or "zero". However, because of the 00 (as I've said, much like the double zero used in the UC timeline), it's pronounced "double oh". The same thing happens in English, and k//eternal provided a great example.

Whenever someone refers to Bond by his nick, it's 007, or "double oh seven". We know that this is 007 and not OO7. It's the same as when you are reading off numbers as well. Some people say 050 as 'oh five oh' while others say 'zero five zero'. The point being is that official information has come out that has stated that it is a zero, both for the title as well as the Gundam name, yet fans seem to think that they know it's an O come hell or high water.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
spoilers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.