AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-09-21, 03:33   Link #6081
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
IIRC there was a bit in 00F about Fon Spaak surviving the explosion of his neck collar because of green GN Particles, though I've yet to personally see it.
lol, I'll wait for that, since I'm pretty lazy to seek out the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
INSIDE the GN Drive... which itself is already shielded from the outside world. It's basically like how you can touch a nuclear reactor from outside a concrete wall, but would be toasted by radiation on the other side, or through an opening. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that the shielding on a GN Drive would be the heaviest for any part of the Gundam.
Actually if we think about how the body and limbs of a Gundam not emitting GN particles themselves, and combine it with how we do know that GN particles are spread throughout the whole chassis(Kyrios' Trans-am in ep25), I think we can say the alloy that makes up the Gundams themselves are enough for shielding. i.e. they should be broadly made up of the same material, save for specific parts.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:23   Link #6082
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Fon Spaak survived,great he's a great character should'nt kill him.
Maybe in 4 year gap CB made more GN Drive and put it on the Astraea gundam so Fon can fight his battle.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 09:31   Link #6083
gekido666

Made more GN Drive in the 4 year gap? If you're talking about true GN Drive a, no it's not possible since it takes time to create it, i'm not even sure if CB already have the knowledge to create TD Blankets.
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 12:06   Link #6084
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Honestly. That people cant see right away 00's speciality is kinda frustrating. They will follow the same general consept as their base gundams. However the new Models will take car of alot of the general weakness's that each Gundam had. Kyrios pre-tailbooster wasent exactly the heavy fighter. Its claw and its rifle wouldent really be considered heavy weaponry, Arios will offer the same but upgraded mobility spec while giving Arios also a higher degree of Military strike force. For Virtue's upgrade it will offer the same heavy beamoutput but also offer more "smalfire" support. Virtue got into trouble several times because its only real choice of attack was "big and slow". I dont know much about the upgraded sniper version but 00 is pretty clear. Exia was a superior melee suit. However anything from a distance could severly slow it down. 00 Will retain Exia's melee power but add 1 new dimention that Exia did not have. "Breakthrough" Its ability to charge right into battle with enchanced mobility and shielding makes 00 much stronger then Exia. Its ability to go straight from melee to distance also gives it the enchanced flexibility that Exia was lacking.
Sordes Pilosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 14:47   Link #6085
gekido666

^ And people who seem to know the new Gundams' ability already even though we haven't seen them in action is even more frustrating

Last edited by gekido666; 2008-09-21 at 15:49.
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 17:17   Link #6086
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekido666 View Post
^ And people who seem to know the new Gundams' ability already even though we haven't seen them in action is even more frustrating
Very true but there is some room to "just know"
Old 2008-09-21, 18:20   Link #6087
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Truely shows that some users think its funny not having any decent inteligence. When the new Gundams where first released info on and that the pilots "Would be the same" and that the suits obviously uses Same Traits. Virtues upgrade clearly shows same traits as a "Blaster" Model same as virtue, but from recent trailer its possible to make out that its ability to use more "Moderate" fire that prevents it from being locked down like Virtue could be exists. This is already shows by visuals provided.

Its shown thats Dynames's upgrade is also a sniper model. And its shown that Arios is a flying model and we all have seen enough to know that 00 is a "Melee Model". Basicly all the new Gundams shows to be buildt on the same "Speciality" as before. 00's Weaponry also speaks for itself that unlike Exia there will be less "changing of weapons" during a fight. No more need to take down the big sword to use laser effectly even if it was shown him firing with blade out atlest once. Its clear that 00 Can "Slash away and fire right away if needed". Its Katar's i take it would make a very nice "Passing weapon" basicly we have seen Exia dance around suits in the first season and cutting them up. This worked very well with the old suits they where facing then. But this time its GNdrived mobel suits that they will be facing. And having seen Exia's problems with them already with them being about as mobil as Exia was its trait as a melee suit made it far from the most effective except in 1 x 1 situations which was rare. From the details released on 00 so far. Its more easy to see that 00 Will offer a more straight forward way of fighting. It has shielding now that indicates it will be able to put up a decent barrier around itself as it charges forward. This means i doesent need to dodge all the attacks and can focusing on breaking throught front lines and entering melee range which is its speciality. Its Katars and Hybrid blades makes it fully possible to dance around in a thight space simular to what Exia did in season one, meaning the general "Playstyle" of 00 will be simular to exia however with less weakness's since it now has 2 Beam weapons that seam superior to the ones shown on Exia in season 1. This makes 00 a very effective suit to fill its role as "Front Attacker".

We have seen signs of Ario's mobility aswell. I know however far less on the armorments of the other gundams then 00. But its pretty damn easy to figure out. That Season 2 Gundams will be Superior to Season 1 Gundams. And since their using the same "Model Layout" as their originals: Exia, Dynames, Virtue and Kyrios one dont need many brain cells to figure out that they will be upgraded to function better in their own roles, be stronger in Gundam Warfare and have less weakness's then the season 1's. So ill put it blunt, stop making yourself look more stupid. Take a look at simple facts presented, use a tiny prick of common sense and one will understand that what ive written is a simple and obvious conclusion of very basic traits of the new gundams. "Thinking one can tell things about Gundams before season even began is stupid" is the general thing you said even if you used frustrating because you feel that its impossible. But here is the fact: Plenty of information on the gundams are already released, from several trailers its possible to draw some simularities from season 1. Using other data provided ie that the new gundams use same concept as their originals and compare it to what they will be fighting now. Honestly ... This has Wing written all over it. Take a look at it, while im sure 00 Wont be comparable to the Wing Zero, but the general thing happending is that all goes from "Wing Gundam" to "Wing Zero" same concept. More Power.
Sordes Pilosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:45   Link #6088
ElldenStorm

I agree. A mid-series power up is almost traditional now in Gundam, and there is plenty to suggest that they're maintaining the same combat role / technique for the successor units of the 3rd Generation suits, only with much more power and flexibility. Beyond that though, I think OO is going to give a serious surprise later on. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if all of the new Gundams have hidden bells and whistles.
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:19   Link #6089
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

To make speculations on Seravee's backpack head more complicated, here's a look at this month's 00V, with Nadleeh's variant Nadleeh Akwos, and an interesting weapon

Spoiler:

New MS from second season, 2 Ahead variants, probably ace model, but not officially named yet. Space type Enact is confirmed. The blue Enact and Tieren are Kataron color.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2008-09-21 at 23:43.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:22   Link #6090
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The Ahead is UGLY!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:32   Link #6091
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

Can't say the Ahead's design looks too attractive. It looks like a samurai helmet or a beetle. o_0

But I like the Nadleeh Akwos design. Looks like a cross between Nadleeh and Kyrios with a bit of Spartan helmet thrown in for style. XD;

EDIT: Holy f*** I just realized that the sword is actually a Gundam face shield.

Last edited by Mangaka-chan; 2008-09-22 at 01:50.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:34   Link #6092
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wait a minute, samurai helmet?

Then it is the mysterios Masked Man's MS!
Old 2008-09-21, 22:34   Link #6093
UltimateClash

Thoe Samurai-ish AHEAD us the ugliest mech I have ever seen.

The other one looks much better.

The Nadleeh variant.........That's all I have. No reaction to this whatsoever.
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 23:40   Link #6094
ElldenStorm

Well... A melee support pack that unfolds does kinda make sense for Seravee, because Virtue sorely lacked in the Melee capacity...

However, those V-fins are too long to be compared to what we see on Seravee.... -scratching head, lost for profound conclussions-
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 23:48   Link #6095
rebel one
Do the Monkey

aaaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!! Nadleeh Akwos just made things even more complicated. I mean seriously, a Gundam head sword!

I bet that the samurai Ahead is Masked Man's MS.

Hah! I'm calling him Masked Man now.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 23:49   Link #6096
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Those v-fins are actually enhancing Nadleeh's Trial System's range...so now, thanks to this variant. We have now 4 possibilities for Seravee's back pack

1. Just a fancy looking GN Vernier
2. Head for a gattai robot
3. A parasite MS (a new Nadleeh)
4. A weapon for a new Nadleeh, still hidden beneath the armor. The weapon will have 4 cannons, and the yellow v-fin for enhancing the Trial System. The Gundam head for God knows why other than to mess with us

4 is the most likely now, until some other new info comes out and crushes it
Old 2008-09-21, 23:49   Link #6097
ila-chan
ermmm...

Ughh, what the hell is that Ahead? Variations of Kamen rider?

my final year project

my beloved akane the laptop

all bishonen guys ever existed in the history of manga

The rest could just go along with me or go to hell
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:00   Link #6098
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
Ughh, what the hell is that Ahead? Variations of Kamen rider?
At least it is saying Henshin!!!
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:23   Link #6099
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Those v-fins are actually enhancing Nadleeh's Trial System's range...so now, thanks to this variant. We have now 4 possibilities for Seravee's back pack

1. Just a fancy looking GN Vernier
2. Head for a gattai robot
3. A parasite MS (a new Nadleeh)
4. A weapon for a new Nadleeh, still hidden beneath the armor. The weapon will have 4 cannons, and the yellow v-fin for enhancing the Trial System. The Gundam head for God knows why other than to mess with us

4 is the most likely now, until some other new info comes out and crushes it
Seravee's extra v-fin is nowhere near the size of the ones on Akwos, though, so don't think it would provide much of an extension for the Trial System. And with Veda controlled by Ribbons, Trial isn't going to be useful for a while. But I guess 00V is confirming that CB regains control of Veda? Or that the Trial System is expanded to work on other MS operating systems.

I still like the idea of the Seravee face belonging to a parasite MS because Tieria's ability to remote control Gundams really hasn't been used to its fullest potential. He's already got a new GN Bazooka, and an even larger monster laser would provide only a little bit more coverage at the expense of using more GN particles and taking longer to recharge. Virtue was really limited to big, slow attacks, which is why it needed Nadleeh. Having two mechs performing perfectly synchronized moves would fit with the twin theme, too.
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:23   Link #6100
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I'll post my information here that I original did on Gundam|News:

Quote:
Information from the latest scan:

Ahead Variation: Two unit variations of the GNX-704T Ahead. Wait for the followup for the official names.

AEU-09 AEU Enact Space Type (Kataron Color)/MSJ-06II-E Tieren Space Type (Kataron Color): Mobile suits appearing in the second season belonging to the anti-government organization “Kataron”. Although the Tieren is colored differently, the Enact is a new design equipped for space use.

Caption.02: Head section of the Ahead. Has four eyes.

Caption.03: Trifling with the A-Laws Ahead, the Kataron’s Tieren Space type.

Caption.04: Celestial Being’s new mothership, the Ptolemios 2.

Caption.05: Tieria’s new power, the Seravee Gundam (head portion shown)

Caption.06: GNX-609T GNX-III. The red and white coloring denote that it is a unit affiliated with A-Laws.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers