AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 14.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 19.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-05, 21:55   Link #41
michaelman90

Favorite Parts of the Episode:

Kagami's vast knowledge on how to manage more food into a full stomach.
Mi-mi-miracle Minorun-run.
Akira's ashtray of death. (looks like she smokes filtered)

I'll give it a 9, because although there was maybe one burst out laughing part of the episode, it kept a grin on my face.
Old 2007-06-05, 22:25   Link #42
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I wasn't as drawn-in this episode, but I enjoyed it.

- At no point did I really feel that the timing was awkward, as I had occasionally before. The streak continues!

- I'm quite familiar with blood-type horoscope-stuffs, but even the concept makes me snooze. That I managed to stay awake for it is something positive, I think.

- You know, I really am irked by people who play solitaire and mindsweeper endlessly. I don't know why. To each their own, right? I silently judge them nonetheless. ...So it was kind of disappointing, if completely predictable, that Miyuki gets into them with such determination. That was aaaaaall made up for, though, by the eyedrop scene. Moe!!

- Lucky Channel was a bit too long, but actually somewhat interesting again. The ashtray, Shiraishi's Gundam reference were great. The photo shoot dialogue was good in that we have something other than angry Akira for comedy! The closing title card dialogue was enjoyable because it captured the "Lucky Channel radio show" feel.
Old 2007-06-05, 23:07   Link #43
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

This was an ok episode.
Spoiler:

Are cake buffets really popular in Japan or what because this is the first time I heard of them.
Old 2007-06-05, 23:38   Link #44
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
just watched the subbed episode...too many references that i dont understand about. Nonetheless it was a good ep still. 8/10.
Old 2007-06-05, 23:48   Link #45
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I do wonder what drama show Tsukasa was talking about.
14 yr old mother
(aka 14 sai no haha)
Old 2007-06-06, 00:13   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
This was an ok episode.
Spoiler:

Are cake buffets really popular in Japan or what because this is the first time I heard of them.
Cake shops (tea and cake) were fairly popular little hangouts (think of Starbucks with the emphasis on the pastries rather than the coffee) but I don't know if they had staying power. Some of them went the cosplay cafe route....
Old 2007-06-06, 00:13   Link #47
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
i lawled when Kona was putting the eye drops for Miyuki
Old 2007-06-06, 01:27   Link #48
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

This episode didn't do much for me due to the cultural gap, but is always good to see the girls.

Miyuki's game experience is both predictable and surprising (my top score for solitaire was around 8000, IIRC)

Poor Tuskasa; she gets praised just because she is Kagami's sister, had to endure Saw III, the buffet, staying up past her bed time,...

Konata's outfit (hat and jacket) looks awfully cute in her.

Is this the first time we get a a real hint at Akira's smoking habit ? I mean, it was speculation and fanart before this one, wasn't it?
Old 2007-06-06, 01:38   Link #49
SukyAnime2

In my opinion.

The lack of anime references ever since the Intial D skit made this show less interesting for me .

I'm guessing that the producers must've been warned by other companies to stop it . ? ( I hope i'm wrong . )
Old 2007-06-06, 01:46   Link #50
michaelman90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Is this the first time we get a a real hint at Akira's smoking habit ? I mean, it was speculation and fanart before this one, wasn't it?
I believe in one of the previous Lucky Channels (the one where they introduced Miyuki) Minoru made a reference to her smoking habits. When Akira said something like "I bet she smokes a pack at a time backstage" Minoru responded "It's fine, she's not like you. (Akira-sama ja nai kara daijoubu desu yo I believe)" Although it's nothing positive, I'd say its a little more than speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukyAnime2 View Post
In my opinion.

The lack of anime references ever since the Intial D skit made this show less interesting for me .

I'm guessing that the producers must've been warned by other companies to stop it . ? ( I hope i'm wrong . )
But that was only three episodes ago...

Who knows, though? From what I've seen, the only anime references I've seen recently were SHnY, and that's KyoAni work anyway (it's not like they'll sue themselves). You might be right, but let's all hope you're not, or the only anime references we get will be KyoAni or perhaps songs in the EDs.

Last edited by michaelman90; 2007-06-06 at 01:59.
Old 2007-06-06, 04:16   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukyAnime2 View Post
In my opinion.

this series focuses more referances on the japanese culture more than anything...so its not surprising that there is a lack of anime references...

i quite liked this ep...kona getting absolutly owned for one XD haha ginger XD

tsukasa is still moe as ever...her expression when things started to turn ugly (a la watching saw 3 and stuffing herself) was gold :3

but the highlight for me in this ep was kona giving miyuki her eyedrops...i wonder what face she was making

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-06, 04:31   Link #52
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to Crisu
I voted 7 on this episode but was tempted to pick 6.

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2007-06-06, 05:10   Link #53
Sheba
Wanna Be The G.I.R.L

Good episode but not as good as the former episodes.
It was fun to see Konata getting a jab over the sushi bit, having been served a gag over her small height or getting watched over in her MMO by her teacher.
Tsukasa still delivers her harmless charm while Kagami still pull out her "straight man' lines in the Kagamin-Kona dynamic.
What prevent this episode from falling to just average, in my eyes, was Miyuki who finally brings something to the table with the eyegrops gag.
Miyuki and Lucky Channel.

Oh, I gave it a 7.
Old 2007-06-06, 06:25   Link #54
Shiori-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post

Konata's outfit (hat and jacket) looks awfully cute in her.
amen to that ^^
Old 2007-06-06, 06:43   Link #55
SukyAnime2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
this series focuses more referances on the japanese culture more than anything...so its not surprising that there is a lack of anime references...
Maybe i set the bars on this series a little too high then , i realised that most of their jokes are based on talking. So i just hoped whatever random humour Lucky Star wants to pull, had better be action based .

For example ... the seashell scene with Tsukasa . That was rofl . ( old episode . not spoiler )

this would be one of my 'morning cartoons' i'd watch before going to school . If i had this subbed on TV at 7:30 AM , i'd get up and watch it every morning because i'd be too sleepy to care what they say lol . That would be awesome .
Old 2007-06-06, 09:39   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Akira's as cute as ever. I want to take her home and keep her as a pet!
Old 2007-06-06, 10:58   Link #57
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Whoa, Akira's ashtray sure was a surprise

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-06, 11:56   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

With that voice of hers??? I bet not only does she smoke but she chugs scotch whisky as well

Frankly, this ep gets a 10 from me:
I love the "slice of life" stuff, don't need "references" for humor.
I actually enjoyed Lucky*Channel for a change.

I've decided (at least for the anime; the manga seems a bit more balanced) that Kona is like Snoopy ... she's the mascot of the show but not necessarily the center (which appears to be Kagami and Tsukasa).

Of course, that focus may shift as we get new characters involved.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-06-06 at 12:48.
Old 2007-06-06, 12:13   Link #59
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

This episode sounds awesome! I cant wait to see it!

[moan]
i finally get torrents to work on my PC and they go at a whopping.. get this.. 8k/s!!

ho hum, i'll get to see it eventually.. at this rate the stage6 stream will be up before iv finised DLing the torrent.
[/moan]
Old 2007-06-06, 12:17   Link #60
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Haha gotta love akira's random ashtray to the face there...Poor minoru didnt even see it coming.

Other then that was a pretty cultural heavy episode. I got about 90% of it, but that still didnt make all of it terribly funny to me.
Closed Thread