AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-25, 09:55   Link #1
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
What do you think about Chrone?

I personally is pretty tempted to watch the series after the preview. It looks pretty good... and there are at least three cute guys in there as far as I can see. Perhaps a little romance between the main characters? They don't look like brother and sisters - just because their ears are very different. What do you think?
Old 2003-11-25, 12:10   Link #2
Kensuke

After watching preview, I will most certainly follow this. Looks really good...
Romance maybe secondary genre, but mostly this series is about action. If Shingetsutan Tsukihime lacks action, and focuses in drama, this should balance it.
And after Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, I don't have any action anime to watch.
Old 2003-11-25, 12:23   Link #3
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I enjoyed ep1, seems worth following =)
Old 2003-11-25, 12:59   Link #4
Green²
It's Magic

Are we talking about the Chrno Crusade preview? From what I've seen of this preview, it appears that it will focus on a story of an organization fighting some demons with heavy graphic detail animation. Graphic detail =
Old 2003-11-25, 13:21   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, spill the details on this anime. I don't see any torrents for it on animesuki and nothing on animenfo.
Old 2003-11-25, 14:41   Link #6
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Yeah, this series looks like it might turn out to be a good action series. Another girls w/ guns theme (like Gunslinger Girl), but they seem a bit older. I'm a big fan of constant action anime (something like PMK has too little action for an action anime imho), so I'll have to wait and see .
Old 2003-11-25, 15:00   Link #7
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

The girls are cute the series looks like it be fun to watch, I look forward to dling this and watching it.
Old 2003-11-25, 17:32   Link #8
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Chrno Crusade is, from the manga at least, a pretty well balanced series - its not overly heavy on action or comedy, and there is some romance as well, although its not a *huge* basis of the series. Overall, it tends to focus a bit more on family rather than romance, although there's probably enough WAFF in it to satisfy everyone.

Except it to be modestly dark as well - while there is a good bit of humor to lighten things up, this is a pretty serious series. From the changes they've made so far from the manga, it looks like its going to be a fun ride. Its a series I'd definately reccomend.
Old 2003-11-25, 18:34   Link #9
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

I just wish people would learn how to spell the name of this series... It's CHRNO! Hell, half the people who ask me about the show think it's based off the Chrono (Trigger/Cross) games, and it's getting irritating.

Anyhow, I've read some manga, and am looking forward to the show a lot.
Old 2003-11-25, 19:21   Link #10
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Chrno Crusade's first episode was very interesting. Rosett reminded me of Erica Fontaine from SW3 ^^;

But I guess the main kudos is Kuribayashi Minami's OP song...her first "daylight" anime song (in a sense).
Old 2003-11-25, 22:46   Link #11
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
I'm not sure i want to know how thier going to have romance when the lead female is a nun.
Old 2003-11-25, 23:25   Link #12
Sakurazukasaku

I just saw the preview and it looks pretty interesting. Can't wait to see the series...

There's something I want to know though...How do you pronounce Chrno?
Old 2003-11-25, 23:30   Link #13
brightman
Ancient Member

Wow, Gonzo's done it again here... The first episode looked great. I like how they made the OP look like an old movie.

As for the story, seems like they're going to have time add stuff in like they did in this and next episode, so I guess it won't be only 13 episodes like AnimeDaisuki says (because that's way too little).

Anyway, yeah, Minami Kuribayashi's song is great and the ED isn't bad either (though I don't know what KJ1980 meant by her first daylight anime song since this is also a late night anime...) Looking forward to the next episode... Like I said before, i enjoyed the manga so I was really looking forward to this series.
Old 2003-11-25, 23:32   Link #14
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

I think its probably just a shorter version of Chrono - leaving out the O, you something like Kr~no, if you want to get really specific for the english spelling. I generally just tend to think of it as 'Chrono' most of the time - it is the base word for his name.

I think that the japanese for it is the same, and Chrno and Chrono are both possible spellings from the japanese word.
Old 2003-11-25, 23:37   Link #15
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Yeah, I also was immediatly hooked on the intro =)
Old 2003-11-25, 23:43   Link #16
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
I think its probably just a shorter version of Chrono - leaving out the O, you something like Kr~no, if you want to get really specific for the english spelling. I generally just tend to think of it as 'Chrono' most of the time - it is the base word for his name.

I think that the japanese for it is the same, and Chrno and Chrono are both possible spellings from the japanese word.
Yeah, the katakana are the same... So they pronounce it Kurono. But as for the true English pronounciation, I don't know, either "ChroNO" or just the regular "Chrono".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Yeah, I also was immediatly hooked on the intro =)
It's always good to listen to "Haruka" sing.
Old 2003-11-25, 23:54   Link #17
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Oh! Now I can't wait for the show to start! I love action too! And it's good art! Plus it's fantasy! Everything that I love is in this show! It's absolutely sweet!
Old 2003-11-25, 23:54   Link #18
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Yeah, the katakana are the same... So they pronounce it Kurono. But as for the true English pronounciation, I don't know, either "ChroNO" or just the regular "Chrono".

It's always good to listen to "Haruka" sing.
I rather liked the ending as well - the effect kinda grabbed me, with it appearing that it was a film running out and then going to the water droplets effect. They've definately put a lot of work into this.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-04, 16:00   Link #19
Wurz
Are we really innocent?

I've seen the first 6 episodes and think its great but everyone seems to be reading the manga... I can't get it where I live and was wondering if anyone knows some good places to buy it on the net. Plus, is manga really that great?
Old 2004-03-04, 16:13   Link #20
marin

I think Chrno is cute...

...wait, what?
Closed Thread