AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-17, 22:39   Link #241
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:


Blatant advertising FTW.
Can't remember which series. Explanation, please?

Just watched Sky Girls 1-3. While the starting is a bit slow, I'm amazed that only after two episodes Otoha & Eika become friends so easily. Maybe that's why they're so close in the OVA.

On related note: poor Karen can't handle the roller coasters.

I'm looking forward to follow this series.

BTW, have the OP & ED been released?
__________________
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 22:55   Link #242
Sister Princess
Easy Operation
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 30
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradius

With Option and it's hax code, Sky Girls are indeed just for show.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 02:37   Link #243
Kensuke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finland
Good job, Ayako, keeping the steady pace with the episodes! Episode 6 was funny, some plot developments, mostly fanservice, poor Otoha. Absolutely nothing wrong with the fanservice but I'm watching this for fight scenes rather than fanservice, well now I can understand this picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Spoiler for sexual harassment:
Information seems tightly under control.
Spoiler for episode 6:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 12:12   Link #244
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Thank God Ayako does direct d/l releases, too. I'm home for a few days and thus can't torrent anything. Direct d/l-ing this right now and I'll watch it tonight, I guess.

Finally get to see the 4th pilot! Weeeeeee!
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 13:52   Link #245
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Can't remember which series. Explanation, please?

Just watched Sky Girls 1-3. While the starting is a bit slow, I'm amazed that only after two episodes Otoha & Eika become friends so easily. Maybe that's why they're so close in the OVA.

On related note: poor Karen can't handle the roller coasters.

I'm looking forward to follow this series.

BTW, have the OP & ED been released?
I never expected Lolikonami to put the Vic Viper in here, sponsorship contracts must be getting pretty ballsy in Japan and I think we can welcome them to the ranks of Bandai and Kadokawa Shoten now.

I just saw episode 4 and wasn't surprised to find that being a Karen centric episode it was pretty slow and boring, filled with lots of cutesy moments (Her Onii-Chan complex, the pen, the new crew member) that just don't suit me. Hopefully episode 5 with further drills including synchronized swimming from the preview to teach formation will be more exciting. I really think Karen is best suited as a background character as she's the least interesting of the main characters by far.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 13:55   Link #246
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I never expected Lolikonami to put the Vic Viper in here, sponsorship contracts must be getting pretty ballsy in Japan and I think we can welcome them to the ranks of Bandai and Kadokawa Shoten now.

I just saw episode 4 and wasn't surprised to find that being a Karen centric episode it was pretty slow and boring, filled with lots of cutesy moments (Her Onii-Chan complex, the pen, the new crew member) that just don't suit me. Hopefully episode 5 with further drills including synchronized swimming from the preview to teach formation will be more exciting. I really think Karen is best suited as a background character as she's the least interesting of the main characters by far.
ep 4 was not that bad,needs to be a lil more slow for me to start hitin the fast forward button :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 14:33   Link #247
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Spoiler for Episode 6, even though 7 is in RAW now:


Also, interesting to see that MS Windows and Windows Media Player will survive long into the future.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 19:05   Link #248
The-Ghost
anime lurker
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: sault ste marie
Ep 8 is out on raw.

the ending is a lol fest

Spoiler for ep8:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49797&dateline=116872  1659
The-Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 19:20   Link #249
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Not your average "onsen episode." For me, the show maintains its quality.
Spoiler for ep8:
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 00:16   Link #250
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Now I liked episode 5. We get some training, which also translates into the girls doing synchronized swimming in tight fitting bathing suits and then using the techniques learned there for aerial flight demos. Also the firing preperation position posing was just badass with the whole low angle shot to give a sense of size and stature to the units. I also like Otoha's ultimate realization that she's better of with a sword in combat, and conveniently the Reijin or Zero as she's taken to calling it has a giant Katana weapon as well like the Shishioh Blade from Super Robot Wars. Now Otoha get's to show how battles should truly be fought, the way Treize Khushrenada thinks they should, up close and personal, mano-a-mano, equal and fair, a gentleman's duel. Otoha continues to be my favourite character in many ways, and the take it to em style she'll be using only makes it moreso. Also as of now I'm taking over Deathkillz blogging of Skygirls, as one he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, and two, I dropped Lucky Star and need something to fill the void and he needs to offload, so anybody out their who does stop by can look forward to that. There is more to the site than the Higurashi Kai stuff afterall.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 08:57   Link #251
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Now I liked episode 5. We get some training, which also translates into the girls doing synchronized swimming in tight fitting bathing suits and then using the techniques learned there for aerial flight demos. Also the firing preperation position posing was just badass with the whole low angle shot to give a sense of size and stature to the units. I also like Otoha's ultimate realization that she's better of with a sword in combat, and conveniently the Reijin or Zero as she's taken to calling it has a giant Katana weapon as well like the Shishioh Blade from Super Robot Wars. Now Otoha get's to show how battles should truly be fought, the way Treize Khushrenada thinks they should, up close and personal, mano-a-mano, equal and fair, a gentleman's duel. Otoha continues to be my favourite character in many ways, and the take it to em style she'll be using only makes it moreso. Also as of now I'm taking over Deathkillz blogging of Skygirls, as one he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, and two, I dropped Lucky Star and need something to fill the void and he needs to offload, so anybody out their who does stop by can look forward to that. There is more to the site than the Higurashi Kai stuff afterall.
more like Zero keeps making her use the sword :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 22:03   Link #252
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, so next episode we get the token onsen episode.

Anyway, decent episode. I enjoyed it, at least. And from the looks of things at the end of the episode, we're getting near where the OVA takes place since that is the Sky Girls first real combat action.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 00:28   Link #253
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Episode 6 Review And Thoughts Is Up. Yes it's true Deathkillz may have been claimed by Death, but before that he asked me to take over the blogging of the Sky Girls, and I guess I'm temporarily Chief Admin for Anime History until I find out what happened to him.

That is unless Klash decides to challenge me to a round of fisticuffs now that there is a power vacuum to see who gets to be the bossman, in which case he will almost certainly lose....HAHAHAHA!


Oh.....right about the episode, well it was a bit slow and kind of silly to perfectly honest after the seriousness of both the last episode and the opening sequence to this one, but they got some good character development in so it squeaked by on a 7/10.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 12:24   Link #254
Sister Princess
Easy Operation
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 30
http://home.att.ne.jp/wave/applepop/

邪神reborn!
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 14:40   Link #255
Kensuke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Manga, or doujin, or what. (not fluent in japanese...)

Anyway, watched episode 7, not as good as I expected, but still some interesting moments, like Eika's fatfer. I wonder if the new pilot of the viper is going to take a bigger role in future.

Yay for onsen episode, looking forward to that.

Found this on Ayako's forum, a fansite already?
http://www.skygirlsanime.com
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 18:06   Link #256
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I like the show and all but the moe style being implemented on only the main female cast is quite annoying,I kinda like consistency in animation style,its like the female leads are from planet uber cute and the rest of the people are normal humans 0-o
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 21:36   Link #257
Sister Princess
Easy Operation
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Manga, or doujin, or what. (not fluent in japanese...)

Anyway, watched episode 7, not as good as I expected, but still some interesting moments, like Eika's fatfer. I wonder if the new pilot of the viper is going to take a bigger role in future.

Yay for onsen episode, looking forward to that.

Found this on Ayako's forum, a fansite already?
http://www.skygirlsanime.com
It's a comic that was serialized in a magazine.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 16:41   Link #258
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So i guess the series will now move from the training base to the battleship from the OVA. GOing back and looking at how they launch from the ship it sucks they can only launch one at a time. Im curious if the show is going to gradually move into combat or will there be a couple more warm up episodes before the girls jump into the fray. IMO they still need some training at least in using there actual weapons in flight only Otoha has used Zero's weapon's system the sword. The other 2 have not and Karen i think is going to need some practice manuvering while calculating trajectories and such for launching heavy payloads. OVer all i like the pace of the show so far it doesnt feel rushed to get to the combat and we get to see the girls gradaully grow from normal teen age girls to the SKy Girls.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 17:23   Link #259
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Did anyone else notice how many men were attending the air show? Wasn't the premise of the show that most of the men had died in the first war with the worms? Seemed like the ratio at the air show was more like 50-50. I realize that you might expect more men to attend an air show, but still the background crowds seem at variance with the story line.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 17:31   Link #260
Kensuke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
It's a comic that was serialized in a magazine.
Thank for the info, so there probably will be a manga at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
So i guess the series will now move from the training base to the battleship from the OVA. GOing back and looking at how they launch from the ship it sucks they can only launch one at a time. Im curious if the show is going to gradually move into combat or will there be a couple more warm up episodes before the girls jump into the fray.
Well, the OVA covered their first combat against WORM, a very important event, so I wonder how they will do this in TV-series, doing it cheaply and air OVA as normal episode, or a completely new story, I guess they will do it completely new way, possibly the fourth girl joining the team before that so she can take her revenge, but I agree they still have a long way to that point.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
loli, mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.