AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-13, 21:56   Link #81
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

just saw the OVA fan service is a bit up but the loli factor is down(maybe because Otohas character is more matured in it ) the op is terribly forgetful,but the first ep is a good starter to get the story rolling.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 13:59   Link #82
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

5017x3482, 2.1 MB

Old 2007-07-17, 19:15   Link #83
Secca
nya`
*Artist

that head piece looks so cute!! ^^

Old 2007-07-17, 19:38   Link #84
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Sweet. ^_^

Where did you get those? Screenies from the RAW of episode 2?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 07:26   Link #85
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
they are screen caps from the OP...and yes this loli is going straight into my fan books

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 08:50   Link #86
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
they are screen caps from the OP...and yes this loli is going straight into my fan books
Shows you how much I pay attention.

Old 2007-07-18, 14:06   Link #87
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Finally now that I have reconquered my Den I got to watch episode 1 which was sitting there on my hard drive (I think it winked at me once as I clicked past it). So Otoha get's the most character (and fanservice) introduction this episode, with the painfully shy Karen in second place. Eika I can tell is cocky and regrets her loss, but that's it. Also Officer Loli there is probably going to be their supervisor once they get on the ship (they used a naval ship as their base in the OVA, but I wonder if they'll find a way to go in to space). Anyway zero combat this episode aside from Otoha vs Old Man, wherein Gramps pulls an Obi-Wan Kenobi (His positioning is identical to Obi Wan's "Strike Me Down" scene against Darth Vader). Or maybe he just rembered his power tiers which go Loli>Bishonen>Old Man>Teenage Girl>Teenage Boy>Middle Aged Persons. Let the Loli Win! Otherwise the fabric of the rules of anime will come undone and the universe will collapse upon itself.

Anyway, if only there were some logical way to get Sky Girls into Super Robot Wars or a game that plays like Front Mission that would be awesome. Tekkaman Blade is the closest thing I can think of to Sky Girls, but even that is a world away for an SRW appearance.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 15:44   Link #88
JagdPanther

Speaking of Star Wars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Let the Loli Win!
I have a new strategy for you, R2: Let the wookie win.

Old 2007-07-18, 15:44   Link #89
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and yes this loli is going straight into my fan books
Hehe, I'm waiting to see her in action, but first impression, based just the opening, bad-ass loli + cat ears = pure win.
Do those ears actually serve some purpose, or does she just likes to wear them, like, say Tsukuyomi's Hazuki.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 15:46   Link #90
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Hehe, I'm waiting to see her in action, but first impression, based just the opening, bad-ass loli + cat ears = pure win.
Do those ears actually serve some purpose, or does she just likes to wear them, like, say Tsukuyomi's Hazuki.
Prolly no point or purpose, kinda like the ears in Strike Witches on all the girls... Or did they serve a purpose in that? >_> I don't remember. It was a 7.5 minute OVA. >_<

Old 2007-07-18, 17:31   Link #91
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
you forgot about her fang like tooth *moee!!*
and the neko mimi should serve a purpose imo...just like how the cat tails connect to the divers the ears can act like satelite dishes or radar

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-07-18, 19:04   Link #92
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Anyway, if only there were some logical way to get Sky Girls into Super Robot Wars or a game that plays like Front Mission that would be awesome. Tekkaman Blade is the closest thing I can think of to Sky Girls, but even that is a world away for an SRW appearance.
Actually, Tekkaman Blade was in SRW W for the Nintendo DS.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...sr9-43-99.html
Old 2007-07-18, 22:54   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually, Tekkaman Blade was in SRW W for the Nintendo DS.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...sr9-43-99.html
Yeah, I know, I own a copy. That was my effort to describe a theoretical possibility for Sky Girls being admitted into a series list for a future game based off of one featured twice in the past (J and W), but ultimately dismissing it by it essentially still just being girls on hang gliders.

Yeah I tend to type out loud.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 00:50   Link #94
Same_Shark

Quote:
Baby Tear's was a typical Idol Pop song through and through that I could hear almost anywhere in any series, not so much Virgin's High. Then again people seem to be into that kind of stuff lately, especially in Japan.

I couldn't even listen to the OVA opening the singer was so high pitched and wailing the lyrics. In fact it was so unremarkable that's the only thing I remember about it, nothing about the lyrics or the composition. To me Virgin's High is the catchy song with it's short rap about the Sky Girls at the beginning and fast paced style you don't hear all that often in an industry dominated by openings that sound like they belong in PC Eroge.
I agree with you there. Baby's tears was a typical Riyu Kosaka song. Just listen to Dober Man and you'll see what I mean. As for the PC eroge comment, it's funny because Mell is from I've Sound and they're very famous for doing eroge theme songs. Mell and Riyu are both two of my favorite singers, but I'll take Virgin's high over Baby's tears anyday.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 16:41   Link #95
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Ep 3
Spoiler:
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 17:56   Link #96
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

kinda predictable that something like this was gonna happed
ep 3
Spoiler:

Old 2007-07-19, 19:02   Link #97
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

You can say what happened in ep3 was "predictable," but it was extremely well done. I thought this was an excellent episode. Nothing earth-shaking, just enjoyable anime, with good animation, decent action, excellent voices and character interaction, and quality fanservice. Definitely reminiscent of Rocket Girls and Soukou no Strain in its setting and basic approach, and I liked both of those.

I don't actually see how the girls are held in to the frames, but I guess that is poetic licence for the sake of fanservice, lol.

By the way, I like the OP. It is at least a bit different, as Kaioshin says. Somewhat off-topic, I also like the OP for Zombie Loan. But I am getting a bit of a complex about it, because every single other comment I've seen on it just loathes it. I think it's decent pseudo-punk. Has anyone here an opinion?
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-19 at 19:24.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 03:39   Link #98
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

oh yea this ep being predictable by no means makes it crap i am a fan of this series since i saw the OVA so whatever comes i will be happy with (unless its something unforgivable but im sure it wont go down that route :3)

looks to me they are held in via the tail and side waist bars ~ and feet straps O.O

as for zombie loan OP...i love it myself (ive heard way worse OP songs than that but still have no idea why people are bitching about it :/)

Old 2007-07-20, 07:53   Link #99
Rengemaru

Episode 2 is out by Ayako, finally~
Old 2007-07-20, 08:04   Link #100
Zarifar
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayako Forums
[note]
And also, there was a leeeeeeeetle mistake in the rank of Togo. He was titled "Captain" for the first 12min of ep2, when he should actually be a Lieutenant Colonel.

中佐 Chuusa = Lieutenant Colonel.
That didn't dull the viewing experience much though. And them using a different raw with native resolution of 704x396 made the output much more vibrant than compared to ep 1's.
Zarifar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loli, mecha