AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-21, 02:52   Link #2321
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
If there would ever be a 3rd sequel for GS, I hope neither Lacus or Cagalli will start the war.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 10:39   Link #2322
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 26
got to wonder give next year will be 10th year aniversity of GS so maybe there will GS showing on next year?
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 10:58   Link #2323
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
i doubt it
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 17:58   Link #2324
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Speaking of Athrun, i feel like i could rewatch SEED Destiny again, just for how damn pimp he is. Biggiest Gundam franchise harem ever.

Actually, were the SEED Destiny films any good?
Well I liked them alot better then the series but it depends to on how much the frequent flashbacks and clipshows bug you.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 23:43   Link #2325
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well I liked them alot better then the series but it depends to on how much the frequent flashbacks and clipshows bug you.
Personally i can see why you'd like the films more, what with the problems that appear in the TV series being typical one. I'll check them out then, thanks.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 11:10   Link #2326
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i can see why you'd like the films more, what with the problems that appear in the TV series being typical one. I'll check them out then, thanks.
One other little thing don't bother buying the GSD Special Edition ending if your getting the ovas it doesn't have anything new in fact the ending is a little bit shorter in the special edition.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 11:29   Link #2327
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
One other little thing don't bother buying the GSD Special Edition ending if your getting the ovas it doesn't have anything new in fact the ending is a little bit shorter in the special edition.
What do you mean shorter? Doesn't the SE ending have Kira in uniform?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 15:40   Link #2328
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
What do you mean shorter? Doesn't the SE ending have Kira in uniform?
I just check and no the SE ending doesn't show Kira in a Zaft uniform it also left out a short scene in ending the with Murrue and Mu watching the sunset and Waltfeld was inside making coffee.

The SE ending went the scene a memorila clips from GS that ran about the length of the credits, then the scene with Cagalli walking with other orbs, and then we see Lacus enter the Plant council chambers.

Both endings though had what was desperately needed a patch job on poor old Shinn that character was put through the wringer.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 15:50   Link #2329
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
....

In SE ending , Kira is in white Zaft Uniform.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 17:36   Link #2330
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
....

In SE ending , Kira is in white Zaft Uniform.
No you're mistaken in the OVA ending they showed Kira in a white Zaft uniform in the SE also known as the Final Plus ending that scene wasn't included.
Look below is a link to a video that has the Final Plus ending that I was talking about before go ahead look and the scene with Kira in a white Zaft uniform isn't in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUOj2X-OsUU
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 17:47   Link #2331
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Those are not the full credits, there are two parts to the credits. The second part shows Kira in a Zaft Uniform, and Athrun in an Orb uniform (revealing that he ended up with Cagalli again).
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 18:06   Link #2332
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Hhmm, I misunderstand you a bit.

I always treat the Final Plus as OVA, while the Special Editions are Movie Compilations.

However, I still remember Kira in Zaft uniform in Final Plus. I'll double check on that later(?)
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 18:41   Link #2333
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Hhmm, I misunderstand you a bit.

I always treat the Final Plus as OVA, while the Special Editions are Movie Compilations.

However, I still remember Kira in Zaft uniform in Final Plus. I'll double check on that later(?)
Okay well that explains alot I thought we might be having a misunderstanding and also I'm not surprised you thought Kira appeared in the white Zaft uniform I did too until I reached watched them both this afternoon. See I remembered that the ending on Final Plus was shorter then the Movie Compilations but I couldn't remember what the difference was so I had to dig them both out.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 19:11   Link #2334
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I always treat the Final Plus as OVA, while the Special Editions are Movie Compilations.
Yeah, same here. In my mind, there's Final Plus and then there are the Special Editions.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 21:12   Link #2335
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Do you think that it would be possible to reboot GSD (or at least, keep some of the GSD characters, like Shinn, Luna, etc.)?

What were Fukuda/Morosawa's original intentions for GSD? I've read that it was rumored that the first arc was supposed to be about Kira and Lacus, the second one, on Athrun and Cagalli, and the final arc would focus on Shinn.

I suspect that GSD suffered from Bandai/Sunrise's constant meddling. While it's accepted that GS was a modern-day reimagining of UC (specifically, the original MSG), GSD became a blatant homage to UC.
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 23:43   Link #2336
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 29
^I doubt the failure of GSD is 100% because of Bandai/Sunrise.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 00:12   Link #2337
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
^I doubt the failure of GSD is 100% because of Bandai/Sunrise.
You're right. It's not the only factor why GSD was a disappointment. Here are some other plausible reasons (which I already mentioned):

*Fukuda/Morosawa being demanding on/clashing with the VAs (Ishida, Shindo, Tanaka, Suzumura, Sakamoto)
*Morosawa was becoming ill/depressed, resulting in her turning her scripts late; one of the animators called her out for this
*Shinn wasn't getting over as Sunrise/Bandai hoped, and Kira and Co. were still over w/ the Japanese audience

I forgot to mention that Fukuda's 2003 interview (which was done after Seed was completed) was a harbinger of what was gonna happen in Destiny (esp. that comment explaining that Andrew was resurrected because of a lack of "cool adults" in the show, as well as referring to Orb as "his idealized Japan").
__________________

Last edited by Washu-Chan; 2011-08-23 at 00:25.
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 01:02   Link #2338
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
IMO, The problem with GSD wasn't it's main plot. The main plot was fine and actually pretty good. It was the secondary plots and relationship plots (with the exceptions of King Kira and Queen Lacus) that turns up to be a mess and and have it impacted the main plot. That is also the reason that while I love GS I find GSD lacking.

As for Fukada's career, don't care what what he did, the man gave me Cyber Formula, one of the greatest and most enjoyable anime franchise/series in the 90s. I won't mind if his returning work is the continuation of that franchise.




With that being said, I do find those Twitter fairly offensive and insulting, and definitely underhanded and unprofessional.

People are arguing from Suzumura's side, but look it from Sakamoto's side for a while. If the tweet was true and she was also in relation with Suzumura at time, than he's basically calling her a slut and a two-timer with that comment. If they were not together at time, he's basically saying that her choice of man is terrible for no reason at all. That's something you say as fans of celebrities(like us) but not when you were a former boss and an industry insider with high standing. I mean, those are stuff that can be used here in U.S. as basis for defamation lawsuit.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 01:12   Link #2339
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
(esp. that comment explaining that Andrew was resurrected because of a lack of "cool adults" in the show,...).
They should've stick with that idea instead of having lame excuse for a masked character (namely NEO). Seriously, why can't they accept that Mwu died? It's a better end for him plotwise since he (supposed to) went out with (literally) a bang. They even go so far as to remove the footage of his broken helmet in GS DVD (if i recall correctly). I would prefer Andrew to have a bigger role and also as a possible new love interest for Mariyu since both of them lost their loved ones, not that halfassedly originated Neo character. Heck, they could even put a mask on Andrew, that would be cool.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 01:16   Link #2340
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Because, it's a tradition, every Gundam series have to have a masked character that everyone already know who's under the mask but kept their identity for stupidest reason. Andrew would be way too cool for that row...
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.