AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-08, 04:23   Link #2701
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
If it was priced in a reasonable manner (i.e at least 13 episodes that I could get for 30 dollars in other words similar to a new funimation release) then I would buy it. Gundam Seed was created at 480p (long running series like Fairy Tail are still animated at 480p to save cost) so it's not like you are going to get a better version.

I still consider Gundam Seed to be the best anime tv series of the first half of the last decade, and one of the better series of the decade.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 05:56   Link #2702
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
@Detective-san

Not sure where your getting at, but a question was asked and i replied. I may be the minority who has the dvd collection to a show i dont like, but the question wasnt restricted to those who likes the show.

Please be opened minded next time.

Last edited by winter45; 2012-01-08 at 06:23. Reason: deketed content wasnt neccessary
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 06:08   Link #2703
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
@Detective-san

Not sure where your getting at, but a question was asked and i replied. I may be the minority who has the dvd collection to a show i dont like, but the question wasnt restricted to those who likes the show.

Please be opened minded next time.
Oh come on, do I have to quote myself? I keed, when I keed, I keed, and keeding is keeding.

Unless this is srsbsns, which I don't think it is.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 06:16   Link #2704
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
No offense Detective-san but i find *most* people who say they kid, keed, jest, joke are just trying to soften the blow of how they really feel/want to say.

and to clarify im not srsbsns

Btw im not against the idea of the remaster at all. (just that i wont be purchasing the BD) the way i see it is the more cash bandai/sunrise gets the better future for gundam overall.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 06:20   Link #2705
Masuzu
« ヒーロー »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
No offense Detective-san but i find *most* people who say they kid, keed, jest, joke are just trying to soften the blow of how they really feel/want to say.

and to clarify im not srsbsns

Btw im not against the idea of the remaster at all. (just that i wont be purchasing the BD) the way i see it is the more cash bandai/sunrise gets the better future for gundam overall.
I think those people need to be a little more direct with what they're trying to say.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 06:56   Link #2706
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
If it was priced in a reasonable manner (i.e at least 13 episodes that I could get for 30 dollars in other words similar to a new funimation release) then I would buy it. Gundam Seed was created at 480p (long running series like Fairy Tail are still animated at 480p to save cost) so it's not like you are going to get a better version.

I still consider Gundam Seed to be the best anime tv series of the first half of the last decade, and one of the better series of the decade.
I so 100% agree
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 15:18   Link #2707
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Part of me was still hoping that Miguel would get his orange Ginn wielding the beam cannon though. Oh well. xD
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:05   Link #2708
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
I never caught this previously, but in this episode, Natarle mentions how the new pilots for the hijacked units were just being welcomed by the captain of the Archangel and killed... is it safe to assume they were genetically enhanced kids, like all other Federation Gundam pilot? Can't believe how I totally missed that...
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:08   Link #2709
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
They all looked normal when they were shown...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:14   Link #2710
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
They were shown briefly in ep 1, weren't they? Have to take a look at that again.

But on second thought, I guess they were normal, and they probably started using modified kids later, when they noticed the normal ones can't deal with the Gundam OS. Mwu said he couldn't and the kids could barely move them either- so I guess they were just naturals at that point.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:28   Link #2711
DangerMouse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
They were shown briefly in ep 1, weren't they? Have to take a look at that again.

But on second thought, I guess they were normal, and they probably started using modified kids later, when they noticed the normal ones can't deal with the Gundam OS. Mwu said he couldn't and the kids could barely move them either- so I guess they were just naturals at that point.
Yeah, was about to mention the OS thing and Kira needing to do the whole reprogram it thing, and how those pilots hadn't had much luck yet, it sounded like they were normal.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 08:22   Link #2712
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for Scenes from EP3, I didn't know the original was THAT BAD. But man, did they screw up with Fllay though.:
Wow, so they do reanimate entire scenes! I HAVE to buy it. SEED was and still is my favorite Gundam show.
__________________
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 10:21   Link #2713
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Wow, so they do reanimate entire scenes! I HAVE to buy it. SEED was and still is my favorite Gundam show.
Since you also like Dearka & Buster, you may want to wish that they make more animation for Buster Gundam. Correct me if I’m wrong, but as long as I can remember, Buster only has three major animations:
Buster shooting spray-beam
Buster shooting piercing-beam
Buster shooting its shoulder missiles

Those scenes were used again and again and again only with different backgrounds and damage effects. There’s also some VERY minor animations in few episodes but they’re so few it’s not worth mentioning.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 15:14   Link #2714
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Since you also like Dearka & Buster, you may want to wish that they make more animation for Buster Gundam. Correct me if I’m wrong, but as long as I can remember, Buster only has three major animations:
Buster shooting spray-beam
Buster shooting piercing-beam
Buster shooting its shoulder missiles

Those scenes were used again and again and again only with different backgrounds and damage effects. There’s also some VERY minor animations in few episodes but they’re so few it’s not worth mentioning.
hey now, you forgot:

Buster combined shooting spray-beam
Buster combined shooting piercing-beam
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 18:57   Link #2715
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Yup, it'd be great if they just removed ALL the stock repetitions. Am I too ridiculous a dreamer to wish for that?

LEt's hope that Bandai treats well the series as it is one of their most successful titles in the franchise.

So far, I noticed that there is one new still with Dearka in the opening sequence. A good start! haha
__________________
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:20   Link #2716
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
I've been wondering if a CE take on Beltorchika's Children could work, after the Kira-Fllay (implied, but shown in Special Edition 1) sex scene? It's likely that their child is half-Natural, half-Coordinator.

For me, I'm gonna predict that the Kira X Lacus fans would riot over this, and as if it could fit into the timeline, Kira and Fllay had sex sometime in February (before Kira's fight with Andrew Waltfeld), and she was killed at the end of the First Bloody Valentine War (September).

As for how would Lacus react to this, I would say that she would adopt Kira and Fllay's child as her own.

However, the pregnancy period for a normal person lasts nine months. Fllay only had 7 months.
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:46   Link #2717
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Special Ed Scenes already made the cut in the remaster. but no, Bandai's not going to include that scene. The changes I expect are mostly aesthetic ones, but if Bandai can surprise us, and make this something like Kai(removed the Buu Saga) by removing Destiny and then replace Destiny with a Movie, I'm going to be cool with that. but, yeah. I'm leaving my expectations really low, so i'd not get disappointed.

but if you ask me what Ideal thing they could do:

Spoiler:
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:02   Link #2718
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Special Ed Scenes already made the cut in the remaster. but no, Bandai's not going to include that scene.
As for how it relates to Beltorchika's Children, based on what I've read, Tomino wanted Beltorchika to give birth to Amuro's baby, but Bandai/Sunrise nixed the idea, and he had to replace her with Chan in CCA.

Or, Bandai/Sunrise would face the wrath of the Kira x Lacus fans, and that would be Gundam's equivalent of "Sins Past".

Quote:

but if you ask me what Ideal thing they could do:

Spoiler:
I'm guessing that was Fukuda's original proposal: he wanted to kill off Kira and severely injure Athrun, but fan popularity kept them alive at the end.
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 23:02   Link #2719
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
So I'm rewatchign Destiny, and I'm up to the episode where Athrun visits the cemetery, and it made me wonder. Did Nichol's mom get a body to bury or did she just have to settle for burying some hamburgers in his place?
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 23:10   Link #2720
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Given that he was cut almost in half before the Blitz exploded, his family probably didn't get a body to bury.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.