AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-20, 10:37   Link #3521
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Stop calling it a no-kill policy. Kira's been shown to kill from time to time.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 13:13   Link #3522
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
He only kill when he really need too ( not when his life in danger but when other life is, like when stella was killing civilian or when Rau killed Flay because of rage> he always give them chance to live as long as they are lucky( Kira don't aim at soldier cockpit even if they hate him as long as they are proud solider who fight for their nation > killing civilian = you are in his blacklist even if you are main character girlfriend.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 15:37   Link #3523
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Hasn't anyone forgot Kira piloting the Strike Rouge?
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 16:47   Link #3524
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Hasn't anyone forgot Kira piloting the Strike Rouge?
Not really, he didn't lose but Strike rouge lost.
He try to use shield to guard from shot not even aim at him > surprise he lost arm!!!
(Someone far away from him > attack Eternal = too bad Kira have fast reaction...)

Which was funny since Strike mange to use it's shield to guard from Dominion main canon "Lohengrin" and only lost itself....

Strong canon that should not just destroy him but totally eliminate him and whatever hiding behind him...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 19:35   Link #3525
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Which was funny since Strike mange to use it's shield to guard from Dominion main canon "Lohengrin" and only lost itself....
To be fair, the shield failed in both cases.

What's interesting is that either the shield hold out long enough for the Archangel to move out of the way or the Strike was enough to block/scatter(/annihilate?) the remaining positron beam so that the Archangel made it safely.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 02:54   Link #3526
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
To be fair, the shield failed in both cases.

What's interesting is that either the shield hold out long enough for the Archangel to move out of the way or the Strike was enough to block/scatter(/annihilate?) the remaining positron beam so that the Archangel made it safely.
Strike Rouge was an outdated machine, of course it would lose
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:15   Link #3527
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ummm...so what exactly is “real” DRAGOONS to begin with? And what is the difference between SF’s DRAGOONS & Providence’s? This is not sarcasm btw. Just curious.

No,no. You said: “completely demolished”. That can only be said when one completely defeat the other in battle when they give it their all. You can’t say that when one party is holding back until the end.

For silhouettes argument: Basically they are spare parts to build a complete MS. IIRC, Kira destroyed Impulse’s silhouettes twice (without aiming for the easy one, like the cockpit). So, when he fought Shinn, Kira literally destroyed two or more Impulses before got defeated by Shinn. So, Impulse’s silhouettes is an advantage for Shinn. It can't be denied since Shinn really depended on those during battle with Freedom.
I'm pretty sure that the Impulse's creation was for the sole purpose of taking out the Freedom. Gil had every intention of killing Kira and Lacus. The impulse was like a back up plan should the assassination attempt fail. It was a unit perfectly designed for the type of fighting that would happen in a battle versus Kira and the Freedom.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:16   Link #3528
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Not really, he didn't lose but Strike rouge lost.
He try to use shield to guard from shot not even aim at him > surprise he lost arm!!!
(Someone far away from him > attack Eternal = too bad Kira have fast reaction...)

Which was funny since Strike mange to use it's shield to guard from Dominion main canon "Lohengrin" and only lost itself....

Strong canon that should not just destroy him but totally eliminate him and whatever hiding behind him...
Strike was destroyed entirely by Dominion’s cannon while in total defending pose. I think that’s what reduced Dominion’s beam attack to not harming the Archangel.

Strike Rouge’s shield and arm got destroyed by Gunner Zaku Warrior’s(?) cannon which is arguably on par with Strike’s Agni which is pretty powerful. So, I don’t see major inconsistency here.
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-06-21 at 03:35.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:21   Link #3529
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Impulse's creation was for the sole purpose of taking out the Freedom. Gil had every intention of killing Kira and Lacus. The impulse was like a back up plan should the assassination attempt fail. It was a unit perfectly designed for the type of fighting that would happen in a battle versus Kira and the Freedom.
Even if what you say is correct, had Kira aim for Impulse's cockpit from the start (which is easy for him), he would've beaten that Impulse Gundam using Freedom.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:24   Link #3530
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Skill level is the inconsistency. I don't know, but I think Kira could've thrown the Shield towards the beam. but it matters not i think: Kira's most likely using a Perfect Strike Rouge in the Remaster j/k.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:34   Link #3531
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Skill level is the inconsistency. I don't know, but I think Kira could've thrown the Shield towards the beam. but it matters not i think: Kira's most likely using a Perfect Strike Rouge in the Remaster j/k.
If we count the psychology of the pilot too, Kira might got nervous and reckless knowing that his future wife can be blown up anytime along with her ship. His trauma of Fllay’s death kinda reduced his skill at that time. Ok, I’m half kidding here .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:47   Link #3532
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Even if what you say is correct, had Kira aim for Impulse's cockpit from the start (which is easy for him), he would've beaten that Impulse Gundam using Freedom.
Knowing that he wouldnt aim for the cockpit was likely taken into account by Gil. Kira only aims for the cockpit when he feels that there is no other way or when he sees the other pilot as evil and needs to be stopped. He had neither of those during the battle, they were just soldiers doing their job, so he wouldnt aim to kill. He only wanted to hold off Shinn long enough for the archangel to escape.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:50   Link #3533
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
Strike Rouge was an outdated machine, of course it would lose
Of course, I didn't say it wouldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Impulse's creation was for the sole purpose of taking out the Freedom.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Durandal doesn't appear to even know that the Freedom still existed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I don't know, but I think Kira could've thrown the Shield towards the beam.
I don't see how that would solve anything.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:56   Link #3534
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Of course, I didn't say it wouldn't. I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Durandal doesn't appear to even know that the Freedom still existed. I don't see how that would solve anything.
Then why wait until after the battle to give Shinn the much superior destiny? Giving him the destiny before actually takes a edge away from shinn. The destiny is a superior machine but kira is a superior pilot to make up for the difference. If he manages to disable the destiny then all would be for naught in the operation to take down the freedom.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 05:02   Link #3535
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Then why wait until after the battle to give Shinn the much superior destiny?
The simplest answer is because it wasn't ready yet.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 09:11   Link #3536
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If we count the psychology of the pilot too, Kira might got nervous and reckless knowing that his future wife can be blown up anytime along with her ship. His trauma of Fllay’s death kinda reduced his skill at that time. Ok, I’m half kidding here .
TRUE MUCH!!
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:33   Link #3537
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Spoiler for Remaster Episode 27:
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 00:36   Link #3538
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Spoiler for Remaster Episode 27:
Spoiler for reply:
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:03   Link #3539
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm a bit disappointed with this episode.

I don't know why, but the battle just doesn't feel as engaging to me as in the original. Did they change the soundtrack or something?

Anyway,
Spoiler for that scene:
I like the new ending, though.

I hope the next episode will deliver at least the same enjoyment I got from the original. I'm kind of nervous now.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:24   Link #3540
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Errr he was not serious when he was fighting Shin...
(Yeah he lost but he was not fighting Shin seriously.)

Also, why it's strange that Lacus voicer marry someone?
Lacus voicer =/= Lacus
(It's just like saying Meer = Lacus because they same same voicer)

Also there is no Kira x Athrun unless you are fan girl.
Yes he was serious. Are you implying that Kira would refuse to fight at his best when he knows that if he loses that everyone on the Archangel will die? No, stop trying to give excuse for what happened. He lost that match and never got a 1 on 1 rematch, the Orb fight didn't end in anyone's favor, so as far as the show is concerned Kira lost to Shinn.

Because it's funny that Lacus's VA marries another while Shinn and Lunamaria's VA marry each other.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.