AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 12:56   Link #3921
Destined_Fate

However Cagalli is the only Natural ever shown to achieve SEED.

I'm surprised they didn't give Mwu his own SEED mode and Lunamaria could have really used one as well. Of course Mwu getting SEED as well might have made him too broken since he can already do things that Kira can't.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:59   Link #3922
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC the only characters we know for certain that have the SEED are Kira, Athrun, and Cagalli. Athrun is a Coordinator, Cagalli's a Natural, and Kira's just special.

There's still debate on whether or not Lacus has the SEED. It's complicated.
Old 2012-08-15, 14:16   Link #3923
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Well it doesn't matter anyway. I was never factoring her in to begin with. I should've clarified this but when I mentioned Cagali covering Kira's role, I was actually refering to Kira and Mu's gunfight with Creuset.
Old 2012-08-15, 14:41   Link #3924
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I should've clarified this but when I mentioned Cagali covering Kira's role, I was actually refering to Kira and Mu's gunfight with Creuset.
In order to get there, Rau would have to be taken out of his mobile suit. If Mu can't beat Rau in Strike, I don't see how Cagalli can help in Strike Rouge. She's definitely not piloting Freedom.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 15:39   Link #3925
Kirayuki

New intermission screen
http://i.imgur.com/hmxmM.gif

And looks like Perfect Strike will show up for real.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 15:45   Link #3926
monster

It's nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
looks like Perfect Strike will show up for real.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wow, I'm torn at this prospect, but I'll enjoy it for now.
Old 2012-08-15, 16:59   Link #3927
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

@HAAK: If you really thought that Cagalli is Kira and Athrun's equal then you are going to cry when you watch Destiny.

And btw, there is a 5 min short Seed special called "Between The Stars" that takes place between Seed and Destiny. Though it's not super important, you might want to watch that.

@Monster: Why the ? This was already shown in the previous episode.
And I still don't think that Perfect Strike will actually be part of the remaster. those intermission animations shouldn't be taken seriously. Remember that intermission in Destiny with Lacus in a wedding dress? In the end that never happened.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-08-15 at 20:37.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:19   Link #3928
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Guys, I got a little question regarding that Perfect Strike pic:

Did you see that Agni cannon's connector pipe? If Perfect Strike doesn't have the Launcher backpack, where does that connector connected to? Don't tell me it's connected to the Aile Pack, coz it'll be super-weird if it does.
Old 2012-08-15, 17:35   Link #3929
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Aile Striker was likely modified so it could hold the Agni and Schwert Gewehr.
Old 2012-08-15, 18:01   Link #3930
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm thinking there wouldn't be a Justice at all and Athrun pilots the Freedom (And if you're aghast at the thought of Athrun not piloting something red then it could be Justice instead, just so long as there's only one of them). I'm also thinking that Athrun would fight the Trio Gundams with more strategy involved than just them beam spanning one another. And Mu and Dearka could've been given bigger roles than just cleaning the mooks.
To add more insight, playing strategy on Trio Gundams while Athrun only have either Freedom or Justice will be very difficult. One tiny factor is that it will be three against one where each of those Gundams have equal power & arsenal. Remember that Archangel & co is not Ptolemaios. It doesn’t have a talented battle-strategist like Lisa Kujoh in it, while the Dominion does have a gifted strategist: Natarle Badgiruel.

At least It’ll be very difficult for Strike & Buster to keep up since those two are outdated models compared to Trio Gundams (even if it's just by months). The Trio Gundams have Trans-Phase armor rather than just Phase-Shift armor plus the arsenal of each one of them are OP-level. Only Freedom, Justice, and Providence can go against them 1-on-1 imho. Calamity is taken down by a combination attack from Justice & Freedom with M.E.T.E.OR. Duel has to sacrifice all its Shroud & weapons (except beam sabers) just to surprise-attack Forbidden (and it works!). Duel (again) has to work together with Buster just to take down Raider (plus Raider’s pilot own recklessness due to him running out of drugs). All in all, you gotta admit that Yzak Joule is one badass pilot. He’s able to finish off two of Trio Gundams with an outdated (by months) MS .

Oh yeah, you already got your answer regarding Cagalli, right?
Old 2012-08-15, 18:24   Link #3931
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
At least Itíll be very difficult for Strike & Buster to keep up since those two are outdated models compared to Trio Gundams (even if it's just by months). The Trio Gundams have Trans-Phase armor rather than just Phase-Shift armor plus the arsenal of each one of them are OP-level. Only Freedom, Justice, and Providence can go against them 1-on-1 imho. Calamity is taken down by a combination attack from Justice & Freedom with M.E.T.E.OR. Duel has to sacrifice all its Shroud & weapons (except beam sabers) just to surprise-attack Forbidden (and it works!). Duel (again) has to work together with Buster just to take down Raider (plus Raiderís pilot own recklessness due to him running out of drugs). All in all, you gotta admit that Yzak Joule is one badass pilot. Heís able to finish off two of Trio Gundams with an outdated (by months) MS .
And then the special edition movies retconned one of Yzak's kills and gave it to Dearka. >.>
Old 2012-08-15, 18:33   Link #3932
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And then the special edition movies retconned one of Yzak's kills and gave it to Dearka. >.>
That's why I hate SEED Special Edition movies! They scrap the only scene where Yzak's skill shine! Not to mention the removing of a particular helmet of a particular dead man just to tie-in with Destiny .
Old 2012-08-15, 20:17   Link #3933
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
@Monster: Why the ? This was already shown in the previous episode.
If it was shown, I didn't notice it, so I was just showing my surprise.
Quote:
And I still don't think that Perfect Strike will actually be part of the remaster. those intermission animations shouldn't be taken seriously. Remember that intermission in Destiny with Lacus in a wedding dress? In the end that never happened.
Are you sure? The image Kirayuki posted doesn't look like it came from the intermission.
Old 2012-08-15, 20:22   Link #3934
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The scene shows a shield discarded by an Astray. The scene's basically implying that Mu's the one who uses the Perfect Strike during the battle at ORB.
Old 2012-08-15, 20:41   Link #3935
monster

It makes me wonder now if they're going to change the details of what will happen to Mu at the end. Then again, they didn't bother for Kira, so maybe not.
Old 2012-08-15, 20:47   Link #3936
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, they'll probably remove the helmet again. I'll be impressed if they change it up to give Mu a better chance at survival... but that'll never really work believably, given how positron cannons work.
Old 2012-08-15, 20:57   Link #3937
monster

There's also the fact that the Archangel couldn't detect that there was something left yet somehow the AF did.

The reason why I think they might change it is, if they're bothering to use the Perfect Strike, they might change the Strike's demise to be at the hands of Rau, some place farther away from the Archangel.

And Rau, being as arrogant and insane as he is shown to be by the end, might not even bother confirming the kill, thus giving a better chance for Neo to exist.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-15, 21:00   Link #3938
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
IIRC the only characters we know for certain that have the SEED are Kira, Athrun, and Cagalli. Athrun is a Coordinator, Cagalli's a Natural, and Kira's just special.

There's still debate on whether or not Lacus has the SEED. It's complicated.
Shinn has SEED and Lacus is... Eh. She has the eyes so everyone assumes she has the power. Too bad she's stuck in the poorly armed Eternal that seems to only be there to make Kira and Athrun look good with those METEORs.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 21:02   Link #3939
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Given that Mu’s survival in Destiny is basically just an *sspull, they have to change some major elements in Mu’s “death” to allow him to survive it. But yeah, given the remaster budget, I think they will only scrap the broken-helmet scene (again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Spoiler:
Poor Murrue, then. Clones don't last long.
Old 2012-08-15, 21:09   Link #3940
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Poor Murrue, then. Clones don't last long.
That is, unless you're a clone who can make the impossible, possible.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep