AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-22, 19:01   Link #4741
quagmire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Wait, does the Archangel carry multiple Striker packs? Ah, never mind, I'll just wait and see how they do it. Hopefully, I'll be satisfied with their decision.
I assume they still had the regular packs. The Aile pack for Perfect Strike is modified. It isn't a regular Aile pack.

Also if they didn't have multiple packs, Mwu couldn't keep on going up with the Launcher Sky Grasper after the Launcher getting destroyed on multiple occasions.

And when Kira went out using the Aile in the final battle against Waltfield, it was asked if he was fine with just the Aile when Mwu again launched with the Launcher equipped Sky Grasper. I take it if Kira wanted to, he could also equip himself with the Launcher.


Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The same reason he didn't do it in the original version, because he didn't think it would matter. It was only after he actually fought against Rau that he realized he was poorly equipped.
I took it as he didn't have a choice since he couldn't reequip since the Archangel was in the middle of a ship vs ship battle. Couldn't exactly afford to have the Archangel go in a straight line, get the Strike to line up with the catapult, and launch the new pack.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:14   Link #4742
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I took it as he didn't have a choice since he couldn't reequip since the Archangel was in the middle of a ship vs ship battle. Couldn't exactly afford to have the Archangel go in a straight line, get the Strike to line up with the catapult, and launch the new pack.....
Thus, proving the benefit of launching with the Perfect Strike from the beginning. You never know when you need something different.

It'll be disappointing if they didn't do a single change to even acknowledge the Perfect Strike.

But whatever... enough about Mu and Rau.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:24   Link #4743
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
In regards to something else: Perfect Strike vs Providence i would think slightly edges out Freedom vs Providence in terms of priority when it comes to budget. Because Freedom vs Providence already has established animation, and i think no reused scenes. So if they were to add anything to the Freedom vs Providence fight, then much less effort and money would be required.

While Perfect Strike vs Providence would require much more.

Highest to Lowest I think in terms of priority:
1.Perfect Strike vs Providence *slightly*
2.Freedom vs Providence
3.Freedom Justice vs Druggies
4.And if they have the budget for anything else or even the one ''above''

Then again this is all just speculation. Or is it
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:46   Link #4744
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I think priority, above all else, should be whether Mu uses the Perfect Strike at the end. And if he does, would they change his end? Because the Perfect Strike uses the Sword Striker shield instead of the Aile Striker shield.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 22:39   Link #4745
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think priority, above all else, should be whether Mu uses the Perfect Strike at the end. And if he does, would they change his end? Because the Perfect Strike uses the Sword Striker shield instead of the Aile Striker shield.
the great thing about the "Perfect Strike" concept is that you can practically make another build with just a rifle, the sword the missile launchers and CIWS, and the aile's shield
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 22:51   Link #4746
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That's a logical conclusion, but I wonder if they will implement it.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 08:24   Link #4747
Somnus
Eh?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
You know, SEED is my favourite series, but I waved off the HD remaster as a gimmick. Gave into curiousity and saw some comparison pics of 38, 39, 40 and realized I made a mistake. It looks fantastic. I must watch at once. What episode is the airing at? Will the be doing the same for Destiny (I can't remember if it was already made with higher production values).
__________________
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 08:39   Link #4748
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Considering they showed Shinn twice in the HD remaster it's pretty obvious they're going to push for a Destiny remaster. Don't expect a miracle or anything... At least we may get to see Lunamaria and Shinn use the Impulse Destiny in a remaster like how they incorporated the Perfect Strike into the SEED HD remaster.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 09:45   Link #4749
Kirayuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
You know, SEED is my favourite series, but I waved off the HD remaster as a gimmick. Gave into curiousity and saw some comparison pics of 38, 39, 40 and realized I made a mistake. It looks fantastic. I must watch at once. What episode is the airing at? Will the be doing the same for Destiny (I can't remember if it was already made with higher production values).
It's currently on ep.40 (42 from the original). The episode where Eternal launches for the first time.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:56   Link #4750
Rickketik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Considering they showed Shinn twice in the HD remaster it's pretty obvious they're going to push for a Destiny remaster. Don't expect a miracle or anything... At least we may get to see Lunamaria and Shinn use the Impulse Destiny in a remaster like how they incorporated the Perfect Strike into the SEED HD remaster.
Destiny Impulse is inferior to the Impulse and Destiny.... It's a ment for weapon testing not combat. Plus it already has a pilot. This Guy >

He is a basically a "what if Kira never got himself in a Gundam and just graduated and became a test pilot" version of Kira. Just like Kira he is a prodigy who never got proper training but is still ridiculously good in a MS. He might even have SEED abilities.. I don't see how Luna is better than him.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 23:30   Link #4751
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
And his name is Courtney.

Why the fuck do they keep applying western girl names to male characters in Gundam?
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 23:35   Link #4752
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Why the fuck do they keep applying western girl names to male characters in Gundam?
On the bright side, at least he had a proper name. Gender-flipped maybe, but a proper name. Other names are either downright funny or simply doesn't make a lick of sense. Like... Elpeo Ple, for example.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 00:51   Link #4753
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Do you guys remember (or aware) of Agnes from Delta Astray? Seriously, a man named Agnes ?!! Agnus or Magnus is still good, but Agnes?!!
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 05:41   Link #4754
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
Destiny Impulse is inferior to the Impulse and Destiny.... It's a ment for weapon testing not combat. Plus it already has a pilot. This Guy >

He is a basically a "what if Kira never got himself in a Gundam and just graduated and became a test pilot" version of Kira. Just like Kira he is a prodigy who never got proper training but is still ridiculously good in a MS. He might even have SEED abilities.. I don't see how Luna is better than him.
Nu Gundam was never finished and was still in the test phase when it was used due to rushed roll out, it still demolished everything it ran into.

Besides, Shinn and Lunamaria are ZAFT Reds. They'll make the Destiny Impulse look good.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 23:45   Link #4755
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Does anybody else get a content warning when trying to view the English version of episode 41 on YouTube? Do I just have to wait for someone to rate it as safe?
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 00:15   Link #4756
Rickketik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Nu Gundam was never finished and was still in the test phase when it was used due to rushed roll out, it still demolished everything it ran into.

Besides, Shinn and Lunamaria are ZAFT Reds. They'll make the Destiny Impulse look good.
I don't understand. Why do they need the Destiny Impulse? It's not a better mobile suit.
Plus I don't think Luna is better than Courtney.... or any other named pilot in CE to be honest.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 01:59   Link #4757
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I'm not sure how it'd be considered "inferior" beyond anything but the power source. While it lacks the Palma Fiocina hand cannons, the Destiny Impulse has two anti-ship swords and two beam cannons in addition to the beam boomerangs and wings of light. Not to mention the Impulse's core block system and default armaments.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 02:41   Link #4758
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Besides, Shinn and Lunamaria are ZAFT Reds. They'll make the Destiny Impulse look good.
Courtney damaged 3 Proto-Chaos units by maneuvering them at max speed, he also wiped out an entire squadron of MS in a Zaku. Luna's a joke compared to him.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 03:03   Link #4759
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Remaster ep 41... it's too bad that they Mwu didn't use Perfect Strike in this skirmish.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 05:22   Link #4760
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Courtney damaged 3 Proto-Chaos units by maneuvering them at max speed, he also wiped out an entire squadron of MS in a Zaku. Luna's a joke compared to him.
That's nothing, Shinn one shotted Destroy Gundams as did Rey and Lunamaria.

That guy is a joke compared to Team Shinn and Team Kira.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.