AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-21, 22:51   Link #4981
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I really wish they would just reanimate the entirety of Destiny. It seems some people like stock footage, fine, people like what they like. But if you say you would prefer stock footage to new animation......lol, I don't think anybody is like that.

I think Kira was trying to disable not kill, it makes no sense that he would kill then, considering that if wanted to he could have killed Shinn at least two times during the fight.

The first time was when he sliced off the hand and head of Impulse, which resulted in Shinn detaching the parts and getting a new body. Could have sliced the cockpit instead.

And at the very end when Shinn charged into the the Freedom with his giant sword, the scene where I think they reanimated in the special movies to have beams at its edge because the original had no beam at the edge and we all know that Phase shift wouldn't have been destroyed by nonbeam weaponary.

Kira's beam saber was in Impulse's head once again, showing an intent to once again disable. He could have just as easily targeted the cockpit instead then and killed Shinn in that instance. I don't think Kira even thought that his shield would break or his armor would have been broken by Shinn's sword.....considering it suddenly showed an ability that was retconned in after the tv series ended.....

(And if Kira was like Heero from Wing... he could have let Freedom's nuclear reactor explode and kill everybody . Funniest way to end a series)

Regardless, we can all agree that.....STOCK FOOTAGE MAKES THINGS CONFUSING.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 00:46   Link #4982
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
It seems some people like stock footage,
If you're referring to me, it's more accurate to say that I can enjoy/like a battle as a whole (and I did for many in SEED and Destiny) despite it containing stock footage, not that I like the stock footage itself. (Although, I don't necessarily dislike stock footage either.)
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:10   Link #4983
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If you're referring to me, it's more accurate to say that I can enjoy/like a battle as a whole (and I did for many in SEED and Destiny) despite it containing stock footage, not that I like the stock footage itself. (Although, I don't necessarily dislike stock footage either.)
.......so do you like stock footage or don't you.... It seems more like you actually like it.

Besides SEED's stock footage problem wasn't that bad and the HD remaster is even better. SEED's story was great for me and the battles also were impressive.

Destiny was a disappointment because CE deserves more. I even loved the story because I saw past the problems in the portrayal of the characters but the fights were problematic because as I said before, there wasn't enough new animation.

You can enjoy the battles with stock footage, I could put up with it, but I can't love it as much as other Gundam series' battles simply because of the lack of actual new animation. Instead everybody does the same thing over and over and over again. even doing the same thing as in SEED. Why? Because the scenes are merely recycled from SEED.


And that's the greatest problem I had with Destiny and I think a lot of SEED fans too. We were expecting new animation, as any sequel should have. CE has so much potential in it but Destiny's constant usage of stock footage undermined it.

I preferred SEED's fights to Wing or 00 because the pilots maneuvered like crazy, dodging all the beams and Kira using his beam sabers to deflect Rau's DRAGOONs and the first time seeing Freedom speed blitz the GINNs was awe-inspiring. Ace pilots shouldn't get shot or surrounded or tank enemy fire or need to use Gundam steroids.


And the first half of Destiny actually maintained some of the greatness of the fights from SEED. The animation wasn't almost all stock footage at first, sometimes people forget this. It looked to be another success at first to me, and Kira's first return in the Freedom, although with some stock footage still in there, was epic. After that....the stock footage filled up everything.

TL; DR

I liked Destiny's battles to an extent but the expectations and hopes given by SEED that should been fulfilled were destroyed by stock footage extravaganza. That's why I liked that PV because it reminded me of what Destiny could have been. Epic battles between aces, using their skills to make their machines perform to the limit. Basically pure UC ace piloting taken to the extreme.


(although having more epic faceless cannon fodder appear from time to time like those in Unicorn to show their skills would make it perfect)
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:26   Link #4984
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
.......so do you like stock footage or don't you.... It seems more like you actually like it.
What I like is the battle as a whole. Stock footage is just a part of the battle scene.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:26   Link #4985
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
.......so do you like stock footage or don't you.... It seems more like you actually like it.

Besides SEED's stock footage problem wasn't that bad and the HD remaster is even better. SEED's story was great for me and the battles also were impressive.
Seed HD replaced old stock footage with new, seriously the difference isnt that big. there is one newly animated scene for the full burst that they keep reusing in SEED HD, it's the same crap but newly animated, SEED has a decent story.
Quote:
Destiny was a disappointment because CE deserves more. I even loved the story because I saw past the problems in the portrayal of the characters but the fights were problematic because as I said before, there wasn't enough new animation.

You can enjoy the battles with stock footage, I could put up with it, but I can't love it as much as other Gundam series' battles simply because of the lack of actual new animation. Instead everybody does the same thing over and over and over again. even doing the same thing as in SEED. Why? Because the scenes are merely recycled from SEED.
Agreed, Stock footage isnt a big issue if it's used correctly (Launching scenes, docking scene for the Impulse, among others) having entire battles consisting of Stock footage is bad, and that's what happened in Destiny. Perfect example is the three grunts exploding and the dragoon's

Quote:
And that's the greatest problem I had with Destiny and I think a lot of SEED fans too. We were expecting new animation, as any sequel should have. CE has so much potential in it but Destiny's constant usage of stock footage undermined it.
The biggest issue fans had was making half a show on stock footage from the previous show and the fact that the story in Destiny blew. it was fine up to around episode 12 but after that it pretty much went full-on retard when Kira & the archangel appeared

Quote:
And the first half of Destiny actually maintained some of the greatness of the fights from SEED. The animation wasn't almost all stock footage at first, sometimes people forget this. It looked to be another success at first to me, and Kira's first return in the Freedom, although with some stock footage still in there, was epic. After that....the stock footage filled up everything.
Agreed! Destiny up to 12 (imo) was really interesting and kicked off good as a Sequel, it was when Kira and the Archangel started to overshadow the Minervas crew & Shinn as main characters that it started to go downhill.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:51   Link #4986
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
What I like is the battle as a whole. Stock footage is just a part of the battle scene.
You sir got balls of steel. I must commend you on being the greatest fan of Destiny ever. No sarcasm here.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:53   Link #4987
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I am a fan, but far from being the greatest fan ever.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 03:14   Link #4988
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Seed HD replaced old stock footage with new, seriously the difference isnt that big. there is one newly animated scene for the full burst that they keep reusing in SEED HD, it's the same crap but newly animated, SEED has a decent story.


Agreed, Stock footage isnt a big issue if it's used correctly (Launching scenes, docking scene for the Impulse, among others) having entire battles consisting of Stock footage is bad, and that's what happened in Destiny. Perfect example is the three grunts exploding and the dragoon's



The biggest issue fans had was making half a show on stock footage from the previous show and the fact that the story in Destiny blew. it was fine up to around episode 12 but after that it pretty much went full-on retard when Kira & the archangel appeared


Agreed! Destiny up to 12 (imo) was really interesting and kicked off good as a Sequel, it was when Kira and the Archangel started to overshadow the Minervas crew & Shinn as main characters that it started to go downhill.
Well I personally liked SEED's story although some of it was pure crap. Cutting a lot of the stock footage enhanced it and of course, my favorite of all, Perfect Strike Gundam is actually newly animated and hopefully IWSP Strike Rouge will too. The fact they added stuff is what made me actually watch the HD remaster.

And Destiny went downhill because it seemed like they forgot how to tell the story. I'm good with the basic premise/outline of Destiny but the way they presented it was horrible.

Kira and Shinn should have had equal focus and more character development should have been shown.

Like more on the relationship between Athrun and Shinn, who is looking for guidance. (similar to char and kamille)

With more exposure on Shinn's doubts about whether or not what he was doing was right but believes in the Chairman because the Chairman promises a future with no more suffering and a world where people like Stella or his sister wouldn't die instead of being a raging mad man.

Along with how Rey actually wanted a better future so clones like him wouldn't exist and follows the Chairman to create a better future and shuns the legacy of Rau who wanted to destroy the world, trying to escape from Rau in a way. But along the way, the appearance of Kira reminds him of the legacy of Rau and the clones. And his hatred of Kira is rooted in his hatred of himself and Rau.

And Kira should actually explain more on why he fights and why he doesn't kill, etc. Showing more of why he is the way he is. And actually show his reasoning of his actions. Actually show the transition from always crying SEED Kira to stoic DESTINY KIRA.

Instead of merely going around saying "CAGALLI IS CRYING RIGHT NOW" and "STOP FIGHTING" without explanation.

And of course, Dullindal needs to be fleshed out more as a character. He's "Char" after all.

He should have been the final boss with the Shinn, Kira and Athrun all teaming up to fight against his Red Custom CE version of the Sazabi or Nightingale. I mean how could the true villain be so easily killed.

You know what....that's the real ending for me. Dullindal is actually the final boss with Char level piloting skills and a Char Red Custom Mobile Suit and his hair was actually dyed black from blonde. SRWs or SD Gundam needs to have this as a plot.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 06:57   Link #4989
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Nah! Destiny was good for 13 episodes, decent for the next 10 and after that it was crap(with a decent episode here and there). After ep 32 is where it became Cold Sewage S***.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 08:07   Link #4990
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
You know what....that's the real ending for me. Dullindal is actually the final boss with Char level piloting skills and a Char Red Custom Mobile Suit and his hair was actually dyed black from blonde. SRWs or SD Gundam needs to have this as a plot.
God i wish the rumors of Durandal piloting a gundam with GENESIS dagoons came true
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 11:56   Link #4991
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post

Which is why I already said before that I don't see how we can resolve this argument until they fix that stock footage in the HD Remaster of Destiny.
I guess we'll just disagree on whether Kira intended to kill.

But one last thing:

It seems I was at fault for calling it stock footage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's stock footage, and no, he wasn't going for the cockpit.
As I said to kaito-kid later on:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Except, the part where it can create confusion wasn't reused.
So yeah, the stock footage stops once Freedom charges toward Impulse. Everything after that is new for Destiny, obviously.

See, zeroexia, I told you so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
This PV actually created new fight sequences instead of copying from the show, fight sequences that I felt Destiny should have had.
Destiny did have new fight sequences.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 14:05   Link #4992
Kirayuki
Debt is a Debt
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I guess we'll just disagree on whether Kira intended to kill.

But one last thing:

It seems I was at fault for calling it stock footage. As I said to kaito-kid later on
I did point out this before in one of my previous post (they didn't bother to adjust the beam saber part), actually my problem with that scene is more with how the beam saber placement is pretty close around the cockpit area. That would require some level of disbelief in my opinion for that to not be considered as a slash for a kill. I would be more satisfied if he had aimed for the legs. But like you said, it wouldn't make sense for Shinn to separate if he did aim for legs. So I take it that scene is just for showcasing how Shinn avoided Kira's strike by utilizing Impulse ability to separate top and leg flyer.

I know it's pretty weird for him to suddenly aim for a kill, it's like out of character for Kira. But alas, I won't dwell on that anymore (my take of it still the same though). We have gone through the argument already. Cheers
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 14:08   Link #4993
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
God i wish the rumors of Durandal piloting a gundam with GENESIS dagoons came true
ahh what could have been. For Char's return after so many years, I expected...more awesomeness out of him.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 14:15   Link #4994
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
And there's been too much rambling about stock footage between all of us. Let's just all agree that the stock footage made things difficult to interpret and we would like any DESTINY remaster to clarify them with new animation. As I said before, nobody would refuse new animation.

On a side note, does anybody think a CE movie would come eventually or a new CE series?

I would prefer a new CE series with new characters focusing on Natural pilots, considering that Earth has been royally screwed over and over again and all the heroes of CE are Coordinators, and with some short appearances from the SEED and DESTINY group showing how much better they are. Then maybe the CE movie ending Kira's legacy similar to Amuro Char's Counterattack and then continue the CE universe similarly to UC.

Of course that's just my dream that will probably never be fulfilled.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 16:15   Link #4995
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
But Destiny is a different beast. And from what they'd shown, they should should not even try, and just quit.

CE Movie: Hate to say it but if it does not involve Kira and the gang, there is No Movie. The Antagonist or Main Villian could be Normal/Natural pilots, but don't expect kira and the gang, to be replaced as MC"s or at all. And why would they create a New Main Cast, just for a movie, which would also be CE's final continuation, in which they would get at minimum little Development. And also add in the fact, might not even like the New character's they come up with, to high of a risk, at a point where it's really late in the game.

What they should do: Redeem the character's, and Give us Original Animation. Have the Characters become the Embodiment, of what they were supposed to be. And Finally! Show and give us (Fans and Audience, in this movie) what CE is trully capable of.

I think I done gone to the Dark Side.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 16:48   Link #4996
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Instead of merely going around saying "CAGALLI IS CRYING RIGHT NOW" and "STOP FIGHTING" without explanation.
... People should stop playing ps3 and start watching more SEED/Destiny "anime"...

Last edited by Gundamx; 2012-10-22 at 17:45.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 18:34   Link #4997
Soaring Griffin
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
... People should stop playing ps3 and start watching more SEED/Destiny "anime"...
I know right. Funny how people treat some game's portrayal of Kira as if was the canon version, yet don't do the same with say... Amuro who was turn into a bad Ma-Ti parody in DWG2 with his near constant babbling about the "power of the human heart" or some shit like that. I mean can we keep what we see characters say and do in none canon stuff like games separate from what's from what shown in the canon anime?
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 19:54   Link #4998
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
They don't wanna see CE back on top, they to"Egotistical" they talk all that slick talk, the same way these B****** do. That's how it works. You keep something "down" because your scared of the potential that it can become. That's why they Slander, and Slander, and Slander it, cause they scared.

Kira, Seed, Destiny are their constant scapegoat ( especially something they can be mad at for that today). It goes like this:
guy 1: "Oh, well at least it's not as bad as Seed"
guy 2: "Well at least he's better then Kira"
guy 3: "All kira does is Spam, so anyone with any sort of skill is better then him"
guy 4: "Well he can't be as bad as Kira"

If a Remaster get's rid of as much stock footage as it can, and cleans up the Fights, they then will be grasping at "Straws" of what to Complain about. For example: If the CE Movie was announced to Be in Production to be released, these UC Extremist will complain, b****, and say how much it's going to suck anyway, which is all in their plan to Downplay it.

Last edited by I Fail at Life; 2012-10-22 at 22:08.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 22:26   Link #4999
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
... People should stop playing ps3 and start watching more SEED/Destiny "anime"...
I didn't mean it in that way. I liked how Kira was in Destiny. He matured and stopped crying all the time but I didn't like how his character development wasn't more apparent or shown to the audience. He didn't have enough "speeches", lol.

Most of the time he yelled one-liners and then destroyed the enemy like against Saviour or Legend. Where was the development of Kira like in SEED where he had to confront the fact that his existence was a product of the suffering of other. Destiny should have had that.

Unfortunately these one-liners are what appear in games and anti-CE and anti-Kira people feed on those.

Seed had good character development and Destiny had pretty good character development until the return of Archangel and Kira. I really liked that Archangel and Kira returned but the script after their return went down-hill.

Perhaps it's more like I liked Destiny's story but hate a lot of the script-writing.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 22:30   Link #5000
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
... People should stop playing ps3 and start watching more SEED/Destiny "anime"...
If you've seen the anime, you'd know its from when Kira cuts down the saviour after Athrun makes a really good argument and Kira simply replies with "But right now Cagalli is crying, etc etc" instead of bringing up a good counter-argument, then he cuts Athrun down, that makes the line hated because the reasoning behind it is retarded and the " Stop fighting " is just pretty hilarious in a bad way aswell, of course people bring it up when the first of the two doesnt make any sense at all


Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
They don't wanna see CE back on top, they to"Egotistical" they talk all that slick talk, the same way these B****** do. That's how it works. You keep something "down" because your scared of the potential that it can become. That's why they Slander, and Slander, and Slander it, cause they scared.

Kira, Seed, Destiny are their constant scapegoat ( especially something they can be mad at for that today). It goes like this:
guy 1: "Oh, well at least it's not as bad as Seed"
guy 2: "Well at least he's better then Kira"
guy 3: "All kira does is Spam, so anyone with any sort of skill is better then him"
guy 4: "Well he can't be as bad as Kira"

If a Remaster get's rid of as much stock footage as it can, and cleans up the Fights, they then will be grasping at "Straws" of what to Complain about. For example: If the CE Movie was announced to Be in Production to be released, these UC Extremist will complain, b****, and say how much it's going to suck anyway, which is all in their plan to Downplay it.
People plan ahead to dislike things these days? that's pretty awesome!

No, Seed is fine, Destiny is what the majority of gundam fans hate on (Minus the CE-fans of course!) due to it being a sequel built on stock footage from the previous show and the fact that it introduces a new maincast then takes a giant shit onto them when the old crew from the previous show returns, it destroys/does not develop the old characters so it seems like they are godlike, boring and Mary sue like.

A Seed related movie wouldnt be too bad, after the HD Destiny remaster (with som rewrites towards the end, hopefully) could add some new exciting possibilities.

A new Seed related show could be awesome, maybe about the Junk Guild? they could open it up with Lowe rescuing Kira, for example. And focus on the exciting adventures of the Junk Guild with some cameos like Shiho and motherfucking Yzak Joule, etc!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.