AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-25, 06:43   Link #5081
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
It's me me of this thread is like a giant loop ?


And Lacus is the Chairwoman of Zaft, so Kira is here to help her in her task. That's why he's a white coast. Since he's a white coast, his interactrions with other zaft officer will not be minimal at all. At least, him, Shin, Yzak, Daeka, Luna, Meyrin and the other who appeared at the end of F+ will always interact since they are now all friend.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 06:47   Link #5082
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
This, and I think the only reason why he is wearing white coat so no one go OMG when they see him wearing EAF/Orb in ZAFT area...
Did any of ZAFT officers goes "OMG " when they see Athrun in a complete ORB uniform entering ZAFT territory at the end of Destiny Special Edition movie?

__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 08:31   Link #5083
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
1- if he didn't wear white >> let's say red? Than he will have to follow order from white/black.
So white = lesser interactions since he will not follow their order neither give it to them.

2- Kira =/= Athrun.
Athrun = hero to zaft even though he leave them.

And when I say OMG I mean thing like this:
Random person: Why person from Orb/EAF walking here like he won the place? ( they don't know Kira face)
So if he have EAF/Orb cloth than his moving will be limited >>> can't walk with Lacus to council or any high level area or even between civilian since they hate them...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:07   Link #5084
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
He's not in Zaft to serve Zaft. He's there to serve Lacus. His interactions with the Zaft rank and file will probably be minimal.
We don't actually know what Kira's purpose will be in ZAFT. From the scene with him and Lacus at the end of Destiny's SE, it looks like they haven't seen each other in a while.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:37   Link #5085
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
1- if he didn't wear white >> let's say red? Than he will have to follow order from white/black.
So white = lesser interactions since he will not follow their order neither give it to them.

2- Kira =/= Athrun.
Athrun = hero to zaft even though he leave them.

And when I say OMG I mean thing like this:
Random person: Why person from Orb/EAF walking here like he won the place? ( they don't know Kira face)
So if he have EAF/Orb cloth than his moving will be limited >>> can't walk with Lacus to council or any high level area or even between civilian since they hate them...
First of all, since you agree with Aquaman, I take it your interpretation is that Kira is not really part of ZAFT, right?

Now, let’s talk with logic (within the anime) here. Do you actually believe ZAFT will allow a mere supporter of Lacus run around wearing ZAFT commander uniform just to “blend in”? Not to mention that Kira is the enemy in the previous war. So, once again, what kind of military organization would allow former enemy to run around wearing their high-ranking uniform without any certain commitment to them, just to “blend-in” for indefinite time? Explain that to me, please.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:55   Link #5086
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
First of all, since you agree with Aquaman, I take it your interpretation is that Kira is not really part of ZAFT, right?

Now, let’s talk with logic (within the anime) here. Do you actually believe ZAFT will allow a mere supporter of Lacus run around wearing ZAFT commander uniform just to “blend in”? Not to mention that Kira is the enemy in the previous war. So, once again, what kind of military organization would allow former enemy to run around wearing their high-ranking uniform without any certain commitment to them, just to “blend-in” for indefinite time? Explain that to me, please.
To be fair I'm sure Kira is not exactly committed to ZAFT but rather only to Lacus... And really being in the army just doesn't suit him.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 11:02   Link #5087
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
To be fair I'm sure Kira is not exactly committed to ZAFT but rather only to Lacus... And really being in the army just doesn't suit him.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Kira is absolutely joining ZAFT in that ending. All of us can only speculate at this point since nothing was clear and there's no official words either. I'm not trying to be someone who pretends to know exactly what's going on in that ending. What I want from my above post is just explanation from Gundamx that can support his theory .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 13:34   Link #5088
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
They never really explained how Lacus became Head Chairwoman. Did they just hand it to her because Durandal died? Don't remember seeing a vote or anything not to mention that she betrayed ZAFT once and fought against ZAFT in two wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's me me of this thread is like a giant loop ?


And Lacus is the Chairwoman of Zaft, so Kira is here to help her in her task. That's why he's a white coast. Since he's a white coast, his interactrions with other zaft officer will not be minimal at all. At least, him, Shin, Yzak, Daeka, Luna, Meyrin and the other who appeared at the end of F+ will always interact since they are now all friend.
Yzak and Dearka aren't friends with Shinn, Lunamaria, or Meyrin. They barely even know them. The only way they would be friends is if Athrun started playdates between Yzak, Shiho, Dearka, Shinn, Lunamaria, and Meyrin. Shinn is also not friends with Kira. They forgave each other and the such but they aren't friends. Athrun is the only one that seems to be friends with everyone. Than again he always was the favorite.

Yes, I said Shiho. How many here even knows who she is?

DEEP ARMS!!!!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 14:08   Link #5089
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Kira is absolutely joining ZAFT in that ending. All of us can only speculate at this point since nothing was clear and there's no official words either. I'm not trying to be someone who pretends to know exactly what's going on in that ending. What I want from my above post is just explanation from Gundamx that can support his theory .
Hmmm let's try stupid theory:-
Terminal, Clyne Faction, AA..etc >>Will not accept to let Lacus to set foot on PLANT without any protection because of:-

1-Elite Coordinator corps try to assassination Lacus.

2- Their formor chairman use Lacus copy to contol civilians opinion.
don't to mention that he may be the one who give the assassination order.

3- And the one who before him > kill Lacus father and former Clyne Faction leader.


So again, I doubt that Terminal and Clyne Faction will let their leader/successor to enter enemy Den without any protection.

P.S: Yeah, that mean there is other from Terminal/Clyne Faction in PLANT other than Kira. (e.g: Waltfeld.)


Quote:
Yes, I said Shiho. How many here even knows who she is?
Spoiler for Silent warrior::
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 15:39   Link #5090
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Or, if they can't come up with ideas, why not use Char's Counterattack as a basis, with some elements of Turn A?

I can see the analogies, as well as the fates of some characters:
  • Char's Counterattack = Athrun's Counterattack
  • Dianna Counter = Lacus Counter
  • Cagalli (post-GSD) = Sayla (post-MSG)
  • Shinn (post-GSD) = Kamille (post-Zeta)

Seed already riffed on the various UC shows (mainly MSG and Zeta), Wing, X, and Turn A. What other shows Seed didn't riff on, besides 00 and AGE?
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:24   Link #5091
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
It's insulting to compare Dianna with Lacus. Dianna deserves better even if her desire to live a normal life before her death made Sochie cry.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:33   Link #5092
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I had a weird thought. Imagine if in the SEED movie, it's revealed that Lacus is actually evil. She orchestrated everything in order to take control of the Solar System.

If you think about it if Lacus was evil, she would have been the most successful villain ever. That would such a twist. And then Kira goes to stop her and then dies with her. Greatest mind-screwing ever.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 17:07   Link #5093
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
I had a weird thought. Imagine if in the SEED movie, it's revealed that Lacus is actually evil. She orchestrated everything in order to take control of the Solar System.

If you think about it if Lacus was evil, she would have been the most successful villain ever. That would such a twist. And then Kira goes to stop her and then dies with her. Greatest mind-screwing ever.
Going that route, would that make Lacus a Treize/Haman hybrid?
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 17:12   Link #5094
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
First of all, since you agree with Aquaman, I take it your interpretation is that Kira is not really part of ZAFT, right?

Now, let’s talk with logic (within the anime) here. Do you actually believe ZAFT will allow a mere supporter of Lacus run around wearing ZAFT commander uniform just to “blend in”? Not to mention that Kira is the enemy in the previous war. So, once again, what kind of military organization would allow former enemy to run around wearing their high-ranking uniform without any certain commitment to them, just to “blend-in” for indefinite time? Explain that to me, please.
Lacus and Terminal basically took over Zaft. Any Durandal loyalists that would have a problem with her people were probably removed. Anyone else can basically be shamed by the fact that they supported Durandal enforcing his will on the world with space lasers into letting her have her way. I mean while Kira and Lacus were enemies they were opposing Zaft doing "bad" things. So they aren't really supposed to protest.

And considering Kira will most likely spend most of his Zaft time on the Eternal, surrounded by Terminal people who already know and like him anyway, he's not likely to get grief.

They aren't cooperating with the Durandal regime here. They kicked them all out.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 18:50   Link #5095
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
They aren't cooperating with the Durandal regime here. They kicked them all out.
Are you sure about Terminal kicking all previous ZAFT members and run ZAFT by themselves? Exactly how many members does the Terminal have to effectively & efficiently replace all the previous ZAFT members, which is a lot (just look at all those MSs who fought ORB alliance. And those are just the pilots)? I'd like to hear from you about that, just like how I previously want to hear Gundamx's explanation (which is not enough for me, but I let it be).

Just to make my above question clearer:
How do you know that Durandal/Destiny Plan loyalists are not the majority in ZAFT? Thus, Terminal must really have a lot of members to replace them all if we go by your theory.
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-10-25 at 19:29.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 22:07   Link #5096
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
I had a weird thought. Imagine if in the SEED movie, it's revealed that Lacus is actually evil. She orchestrated everything in order to take control of the Solar System.

If you think about it if Lacus was evil, she would have been the most successful villain ever. That would such a twist. And then Kira goes to stop her and then dies with her. Greatest mind-screwing ever.
Kira dying with her? That will be just as bad as Talia deciding to die with Durandal and leaving her daughter behind. What s selfish woman!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:25   Link #5097
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Are you sure about Terminal kicking all previous ZAFT members and run ZAFT by themselves? Exactly how many members does the Terminal have to effectively & efficiently replace all the previous ZAFT members, which is a lot (just look at all those MSs who fought ORB alliance. And those are just the pilots)? I'd like to hear from you about that, just like how I previously want to hear Gundamx's explanation (which is not enough for me, but I let it be).
Why not make the next scenario a three-way PLANT civil war between Terminal and any surviving remnants, if there are any, who are still loyal to Patrick Zala and Durandal (or at least, their beliefs)?
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:36   Link #5098
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
what?!

give we're only 2yrs from now 10th year of GSD with also being 35th year of gundam (still pull for female lead gundam tv series pilot)

unless pull romeo & juliet ending on kira-lacus or athrun-cagalli or even both either way get ask those in sunrise when GS era coming back?
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 00:50   Link #5099
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Kira dying with her? That will be just as bad as Talia deciding to die with Durandal and leaving her daughter behind. What s selfish woman!
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Why not make the next scenario a three-way PLANT civil war between Terminal and any surviving remnants, if there are any, who are still loyal to Patrick Zala and Durandal (or at least, their beliefs)?
That's an interesting scenario.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 00:59   Link #5100
rakusukira
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
First off, I think they already kicked out everyone deeply involved and part of the Durandall regime just to make sure that Lacus being chairwoman is a safe thing for her.

as for Kira, we all know he went to ZAFT to be with Lacus . so whatever circumstances, Kira would definitely do anything for her even if it were against ZAFT
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.