AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-27, 00:54   Link #5121
zeroexia
he is a CHAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
If you wanna be politically incorrect: Basically throw Kira under the bus (turn around in that same game, and make up for it in a different way, so not to anger fans) and Glorify Shinn.

Politically Correct speaking: Have shinn make better choices. Have him react different to situations, and the people around him. Trully become Kamille of the new era. And if there is something I missed, please feel free to add.

Only problem I have with this, is that it feels like their playing God (and I don't like that). They act like they have the script from Destiny, where shinn turns out differently then it's Counerpart. I don't care how good/bad someone's work is, you don't toy with someone's story, just cause you think you can right something better (not with that kind of mentality at least). Acting like they got the Original script of how Shinn was supposed to turnout, and the game is just their meduim of getting it out there. It's really just the equivalent of a FanFic.

Pretty much it.
hmm but isn't it a game? Basically kind of like an alternative path that could have happened if different choices were made in Destiny.

Personally, I think Athrun should have been a better mentor for Shinn and Kira should have been that Ultimate Antagonist who brings up philosophical questions that makes Shinn think about his actions. Of course, I still think that the Three Ship Alliance should win in the end because ,although well-intended, the Destiny Plan would result similarly to Big Brother and 1984 but at least have Shinn understand his errors instead of getting defeated by Athrun effortlessly and be the loser crying with Luna watching the pretty lights and explosions.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 01:14   Link #5122
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
hmm but isn't it a game? Basically kind of like an alternative path that could have happened if different choices were made in Destiny.
Which is why I wrote what I wrote, because that could of possibly never been one of the routes the writers written for Destiny. So what we got, could be what they originally intended, basically me saying people need to face it either way, because that could be the story they originally intended in the first place.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 02:34   Link #5123
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Didn't Shin VA said that his character in Z was the character personality that the director was plan to use in destiny?
(Don't you just love his wife for nerfing character just because she don't like VA?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 02:52   Link #5124
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
No, he didn't. He said that the Shinn in Z was the real Shinn in his heart. The Director was angry that Destiny's plot was changed for the better and Shinn was made the real Main Character and Kira and Athrun were only supporting characters meant to expand Shinn's story. Z also toned down Lunamaria's fascination with Athrun and made her relationship with Shinn more believable and by z2 they're a couple where Lunamaria tends to slap sense in Shinn when he gets overly angry when people do stupid and evil things. Though mad props to Z Shinn for almost punching out Lock-On(S2) when he asked Feldt if she wanted to head to his room later to get "Acquainted". Scene was, of course, toned down in that Lock-On never kisses Feldt but that's besides the point.

As for the whole toying thing.

It's SRW. If they didn't want SEED Destiny to be touched than they would have said no to it getting in SRW, Plenty of mecha series have told Banpresto no and nothing bad has ever come out of it. Besides, Destiny got a more faithful version in K and K was horrible... They also didn't even have room to kill Yuna so Cagalli was screwed hard in that game considering he's still in power after the game events so she has no choice but to marry him. I'm sure this made a certain Hawke Sister happy since she wins be default in K due to Cagalli's marriage, Meer out of the picture, and Shinn getting with Lunamaria. Athrun is a bad panda.

Anyway, SRW keeps new series faithful for at least one game than they go all fanboy crazy and improve it in later versions. Besides, the Horrible Route in Z was faithful to the Horrible Destiny finale script just like in z2.2 the Horrible Route is faithful to the Black knights being idiots and betraying Zero. While the Perfect/Good/SRW Canon route fixes the bad parts of the series and is overall far superior and beloved by the SRW fans and series fans that were not satisfied with how the last arcs of Destiny and Code Geass happened. Also, Lelouch x Kallen shipping was stronger in the Best Route considering Lelouch isn't betrayed which makes it the best route be default.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-10-27 at 03:19.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 03:47   Link #5125
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It's because Kira is too naive to be evil while Lacus has been shown to be spiteful and the jealous type. Such as when Kira was trying to reach Flay and everything Lacus remained silent and looked angry. After Kira passed out she immediately started hitting on him and saying that he made her happy when he woke up. Naturally the Kira clung to Lacus like he did with Flay.

Which means the separate bed thing must be because of Kira's guilt over Flay and that Lacus snared him in when he was hurting most just like Flay did!
No offence, but I think you're trying to find hidden meanings in scenes that have none. Lacus was looking serious in the battle because they were in between a pincer from the Dominion and three Zaft ships. She rushed to Kira's aid because he had been taken ill and she cares about him as a close friend/potential significant other. She was by his side because that's what close friends do in situations like that. Just like how he gave her a shoulder to cry on when her father had been killed and she'd finally left the Plants.

Flay would do that for manipulation purposes, Lacus just does it because she's a nice person.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 04:13   Link #5126
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
No offence, but I think you're trying to find hidden meanings in scenes that have none....

Flay would do that for manipulation purposes, Lacus just does it because she's a nice person.
Don’t sweat it, Zeydra. Destined is always been hell-bent on viewing Lacus as an “evil witch who stole Kira from Fllay and only using Kira for her own agenda”. No matter what you said, even if it’s true and solid facts, it wouldn't change his opinion. A lot of people here has been trying to talk sense to him but all of them turned futile.
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-10-27 at 04:52.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 04:28   Link #5127
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Detined Fate: Let me say this... Everything you wrote I already know about and from experience with the SRW games. Basically what you said I see all the time in the same wording ( that I swear it's copy and pasted around with slightly different wording). I for one don't care for banpresto's fanboyism fan-fic (cause that's all it really is) on assumption on what "they think" and pass off of what Destiny was going to be. Don't care for the current story either, so this does not really appeal to me.

And why bring up other series ( other than to try and strengthen your argument, because they rewrite part of the story for those series as well.) To what? Show they can write something better, sure show it all they want, but to act like what they written is what was supposed to be in the Original scripts, like they know as a fact? That's where I draw the line, and have a problem with, but anyway

My last reply on this, moving on....
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 10:20   Link #5128
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Back to the original question:

What would the characters be like if the VAs were given some free reign over their portrayal?
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 10:45   Link #5129
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Back to the original question:

What would the characters be like if the VAs were given some free reign over their portrayal?
If you're asking questions, you must want (good) answers, right?

So, I think you’ll get far better answers if you look for yourself the VAs’ opinions on their characters. You will only get never-ending speculations here. Anybody can/will come up with anything.

Or do you actually asking for reference and others' opinions?
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-10-27 at 10:59.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 11:24   Link #5130
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If you're asking questions, you must want (good) answers, right?

So, I think you’ll get far better answers if you look for yourself the VAs’ opinions on their characters. You will only get never-ending speculations here. Anybody can/will come up with anything.

Or do you actually asking for reference and others' opinions?
I'm talking about theoretically, if Kenichi Suzumura got to portray Shinn, if he was learned about his character's motivation. Here's a paraphrased quote:

Suzumura said in the interview that while working on Destiny he wanted to know more of Shinn's motivations so he could voice him better, but Fukuda denied him. He then said that the SRW Z crew were very helpful and finally let him voice Shinn the way he wanted to.

http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/6016198/#6016356

Don't forget Rie Tanaka's interview at the 2008 NYAF, calling Lacus "the hardest role she played so far".

Fukuda claimed that Yzak's character was changed from his (Fukuda's) original vision to accommodate Yzak's VA's acting abilities:

He wasn't really a hot-blooded-type character, but his personality changed due to Seki-san's (Tomokazu Seki = VA for Yzak) acting.

http://aeug.blogspot.com/2003_11_01_...64206584707878
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 11:50   Link #5131
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Washu-Chan, you seem to already have your own sources to be able to answer your own musings. So why the questions?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 12:21   Link #5132
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Washu-Chan, you seem to already have your own sources to be able to answer your own musings. So why the questions?
What if the cast members were given free reign over their portrayals?

Or to clarify...

What if Rie Tanaka got to perform Lacus based on her acting style, instead of how it was dictated by Fukuda/Morosawa?
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 14:17   Link #5133
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 24
This is just ridiculous.. Why are you guys even talking about this?
Voice actors are not storytellers. It's none of their business.
Destiny had a production budget of ±300K per episode. It's a business, No one should f*ck around, everyone has their own place in a large production like this.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 14:21   Link #5134
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
They don't act like that at all, they just do what they know the fans wanted and they get rid of nearly every thing the fans hated about their favorite series. It may not be the "Official" canon but it's the canon in many fans hearts because it's simply better than the original in every possible way.

Besides, whether it was the original script or not is irrelevant. Destiny was horrible while Z Destiny was amazing hence why the Director was furious. He just doesn't have the talent that makes up Banpresto since they actually care.

I was providing another example of them vastly improving another popular series for the better. Stop being so uptight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
No offence, but I think you're trying to find hidden meanings in scenes that have none. Lacus was looking serious in the battle because they were in between a pincer from the Dominion and three Zaft ships. She rushed to Kira's aid because he had been taken ill and she cares about him as a close friend/potential significant other. She was by his side because that's what close friends do in situations like that. Just like how he gave her a shoulder to cry on when her father had been killed and she'd finally left the Plants.

Flay would do that for manipulation purposes, Lacus just does it because she's a nice person.
No I'm not, Lacus showed her true colors with that angry expression and as soon as Kira comes to she starts hitting on him while before she was content just waiting. Clearly she felt threatened by Flay and the only reason Lacus got with Kira is because Flay died.

Flay didn't only manipulate Kira, she fell in love with him and was trying to make peace with him. Hence her desperation when she found out he was still alive. Lacus butting in when Kira still wants Flay is just all kinds of messed up. Especially the whole "You make me Happy" comment. It was unneeded, a friend wouldn't have said that when a guy is trying to get back with his Ex. Lacus clearly manipulated and took advantage of Kira's fragile state to make him her Boyfriend.

Thus Lacus decided not to pursue Flay despite what she was saying since if Flay returned Kira and Flay would get back together.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 16:21   Link #5135
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
This is just ridiculous.. Why are you guys even talking about this?
Ummm...if you (partly) refer to me & monster, technically, we’re not talking about it. We encouraged Washu not to talk about it here.

@Zeydra.
IMO, don’t bother replying Destined. Like I said, he’s dead-set on viewing Lacus as the “evil schemer girl” even with no reason at all. You’ll just waste your time & energy if you play along.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 12:51   Link #5136
Esg
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Detined Fate: Let me say this... Everything you wrote I already know about and from experience with the SRW games. Basically what you said I see all the time in the same wording ( that I swear it's copy and pasted around with slightly different wording). I for one don't care for banpresto's fanboyism fan-fic (cause that's all it really is) on assumption on what "they think" and pass off of what Destiny was going to be. Don't care for the current story either, so this does not really appeal to me.

And why bring up other series ( other than to try and strengthen your argument, because they rewrite part of the story for those series as well.) To what? Show they can write something better, sure show it all they want, but to act like what they written is what was supposed to be in the Original scripts, like they know as a fact? That's where I draw the line, and have a problem with, but anyway

My last reply on this, moving on....
Well if you wanna get technical Destiny is just as much of a fanfic

Kira is a blatant Gary Stu
Lacas can do no wrong and is basically a self insert and ect
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 13:07   Link #5137
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esg View Post
Well if you wanna get technical Destiny is just as much of a fanfic

Kira is a blatant Gary Stu
Lacas can do no wrong and is basically a self insert and ect
SEED Destiny is a ligitimate series made by Sunrise/Bandai, the same company that makes other Gundam series. It also has the same director & VAs as SEED. How can that be “a fanfic technically”?

Some characters being Mary Sues does not make it a fanfic.

Now, I also don’t like Destiny like many other people out there, but let’s not label anything with incorrect terms here.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 19:20   Link #5138
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
That's why Lacus would be the perfect Villain for a Destiny Movie. Have her be a star manipulator, it would make her far more interesting than miss perfect that is never wrong despite her many questionable actions.

Still can't believe how daft ZAFT was to make her Supreme Councilor after she rebelled against them twice, stole a Gundam, METEORS, and the Eternal, and even helped develop weapons that were later used, with her leading said force, to fight ZAFT and take out the previous Supreme Councilor. That and she abandoned ZAFT after SEED and had Meer not pretended to be her than ZAFT would have went total crazy again at the start of Destiny when the Feds tried to nuke them yet again.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 22:46   Link #5139
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
A troll setting bait. And a regurgitated topic being constantly pushed for us to talk about....

Here's a fresh thinker
Freedom vs Providence: What if they were to change up Freedom vs Providence fight (just a little bit), so the SF vs Legend fight, will have more of it's own identity, instead of being the ghost of Freedom vs Providence. And go from there in a Remaster or what ever they decide to do.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:06   Link #5140
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If they change that battle, and then make a Destiny remaster, I have a feeling they would just change the Destiny battle to match the new SEED battle.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.