AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-03, 10:35   Link #561
Mime
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
By that logic, Victory, G, Wing, X, Turn A and SD Gundam Force were total bombs and complete disasters that fell off the face of the Earth with their floppiness.
My phrase about Gundam fl00p is just a witty remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Also i found this interesting info a while ago
Char-custom.net.
The results seem to indicate a very large dissatisfaction overall with Gundam SEED where core Gundam fans in Japan are concerned
The same results of all the poll of Newtype, Animedia, Animage of the last 5 years :P
I Know very well that UC fans (the name Char-custom.net is clear) hate CE, this poll is worth much little.

Last edited by Mime; 2007-11-03 at 11:29.
Mime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:19   Link #562
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Um.......ok

And about the Seed movie, my guts saying it will not be out anytime soon, if at all (this is Fukuda were talking about here).

Also i found this interesting info a while ago
Spoiler for Wall of text:
what about the overseas GS fans like the fil-people thet have many GS fans.

besides since GS came in 02 uc fans have been feuding with GS besides like uc has finally meet it worst nightmare?
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:33   Link #563
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Depends who you call the protagonist

Kira didn't have thoughts of mass-slaughter right and left

But yeah, I get your drift. Setsuna would have made GSD a whole lot better than it was
Do you mean Kira is better than Setsuna?
It's non-sense to compare two different characters in two different universes made by two different casts. Anyway the destruction imagined by Setsuna can mean anything, not necessarily that he wants to destroy evreything.
In fact Setsuna wants to stop wars, otherwise he would have joined some faction already and not the Celestial Beings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
i just hope the movie comes out soon, 00 is worst than destiny XD
I hope people would stop comparing an ended series with an ongoing one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mime View Post
Perhaps the real name of new Gundam series is Gundam fl00p
Oh right now because the mass doesn't like a show it's crap? The mass is retarded on average so it can't see things which are too complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
00's by contrast were 5.4%, 5.5%, 4.8% and 5.5%. By NO MEANS a flop.
*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Isn't it too early to even determine the outcome of 00's popularity? Its only been merely FIVE episodes! C'mon folks, give it a chance.

- Tak
*
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 14:03   Link #564
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
It's non-sense to compare two different characters in two different universes made by two different casts.
In some cases, that's true (like comparing different technology/pilot skills, etc. But we do it anyway for fun). This, however, is not one of those cases.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 17:20   Link #565
OMG_Zerg_Rush
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
what about the overseas GS fans like the fil-people thet have many GS fans.

besides since GS came in 02 uc fans have been feuding with GS besides like uc has finally meet it worst nightmare?
What makes you think that they would make a sequal if the japanese (you know the people its aimed at) arn't gonna watch it?

And as for the UC thing, my guess is that they don't like copycats
__________________
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 17:41   Link #566
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Quote:
What makes you think that they would make a sequal if the japanese (you know the people its aimed at) arn't gonna watch it?
lol, What makes you think that the Japanese won't watch it, IF they made a sequel?
Destiny was one of the most successful If not THE most successful anime back then..Even for Gundam standards...Destiny did pretty good.


@D-KLAC: I'm having a hard time reading your posts..
I can't believe there is someone who's English is worse than mine
__________________

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2007-11-03 at 19:44.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 17:56   Link #567
OMG_Zerg_Rush
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
lol, What makes you think that the Japanese won't watch it, IF they a sequel?
Destiny was one of the most successful If not THE most successful anime back then..Even for Gundam standards...Destiny did pretty good.
I know , i was just saying that just because a show is popular overseas doesn't mean the will make a new sequel.

Oh and before you say anything D-KLAC i am a fan of seed.
________
Synthetic weed

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:20.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 19:10   Link #568
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
I know , i was just saying that just because a show is popular overseas doesn't mean the will make a new sequel.

Oh and before you say anything D-KLAC i am a fan of seed.
hello i'm also GS fan especially a GS SERIES FAN ORIGINAL

besides this could be GS the movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i3OKPdOt10 doing power rangers!!!
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 19:17   Link #569
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
besides this could be GS the movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i3OKPdOt10 doing power rangers!!!
...

...



... ... ...

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DIE!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 20:49   Link #570
overthere!
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hello i'm also GS fan especially a GS SERIES FAN ORIGINAL

besides this could be GS the movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i3OKPdOt10 doing power rangers!!!
Lol... that's a unique concept. Merge power rangers and gundam and see what the fans will say xD
overthere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 11:14   Link #571
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
or maybe have GS season 3 eps to be 1hr each that means 1hr ep of GS 3 each week.

to make a 1hr anime series!!!

or maybe try this combine the characters with their gundam in a gundam outfits that would be a really interesting gundam series.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 00:59   Link #572
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Stretching anime for an hour, I have no idea. >.<;; it's already pretty expensive doing 30 minute anime, how much more if an additional 30 minutes are squeezed in. Also, Morosawa would even have a harder time creating scripts, and the supply of inspiration might also run out or something. Besides, there is a reason why there are OVAs/Special Editions to make up for all of it.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 07:10   Link #573
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthere! View Post
Lol... that's a unique concept. Merge power rangers and gundam and see what the fans will say xD
Oh, Souichirou Hoshi also voices Andros, the Red Space Ranger of Power Rangers in Space.

Spoiler for So:
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 12:28   Link #574
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Stretching anime for an hour, I have no idea. >.<;; it's already pretty expensive doing 30 minute anime, how much more if an additional 30 minutes are squeezed in. Also, Morosawa would even have a harder time creating scripts, and the supply of inspiration might also run out or something. Besides, there is a reason why there are OVAs/Special Editions to make up for all of it.
In TV, the only show that I can think of with the double-length episodes is Figure 17, and it pulled it off superbly. In a way, it's a real shame that more shows don't incorporate the double-length format since it allows for all sorts of storytelling techniques that aren't possible of the shorter formats. Then again, not everyone's interested in a show that only airs once per month.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 16:34   Link #575
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
Oh, Souichirou Hoshi also voices Andros, the Red Space Ranger of Power Rangers in Space.

Spoiler for So:
Waitaminute, what? The Japanese made a JP dubbed version of our American Power Rangers?!
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 16:45   Link #576
OMG_Zerg_Rush
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Waitaminute, what? The Japanese made a JP dubbed version of our American Power Rangers?!
Um... isn't it the other way around?
________
Lambo wiki

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:20.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 16:51   Link #577
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Um... isn't it the other way around?
Not really. Although I know for a fact that the original PW Rangers used several Japanese clips from previous Ranger franchises, the Power Rangers, as it is known in the states, is actually a wholesome American production.

Although I wouldn't know why the Japanese side of things decided to dub Power Rangers. What was the point?

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 16:58   Link #578
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Basically, Power Rangers is the American adaptation of Japanese Sentai (I can't remember the title of the Sentai that original PW came from), but is still 90-95% original material, the other 5-10% being the Japanese clips Tak mentioned.

What I was talking about, however, was Shinn_Kabuto's post (which I quoted ) where he says that Souichiro Hoshi played the voice of Andros in Power Rangers in Space. From this, I gathered that the Japanese took the Power Rangers, dubbed it, and aired it in Japan (or at least released VHS/DVD), much like we do with their anime.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 17:11   Link #579
Tak
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
From this, I gathered that the Japanese took the Power Rangers, dubbed it, and aired it in Japan (or at least released VHS/DVD), much like we do with their anime.
Yeah, and somebody ought to tell me the point in that

As for Hoshi-san. That man has probably the most recognizable voice, EVER! He done voices for Muv-Luv under an assumed name (because its an h-game), but its instantly recognizable. Not like he could hide it. Nobody else in the industry sounds like he does!

Worse, he sounds exactly like that in real-life, too!

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 17:41   Link #580
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Basically, Power Rangers is the American adaptation of Japanese Sentai (I can't remember the title of the Sentai that original PW came from), but is still 90-95% original material, the other 5-10% being the Japanese clips Tak mentioned.

What I was talking about, however, was Shinn_Kabuto's post (which I quoted ) where he says that Souichiro Hoshi played the voice of Andros in Power Rangers in Space. From this, I gathered that the Japanese took the Power Rangers, dubbed it, and aired it in Japan (or at least released VHS/DVD), much like we do with their anime.
Hehe, yeah. Maybe we can call Kira "Andros Yamato" from now on.

Spoiler for LET'S ROCKET:
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.