AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-06, 04:14   Link #5941
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sure would like their citations for that, since Gundam wiki is bloody notorious for false information. And lo and behold, both of the excerpts you took from it lack proper citations for their info, when all of the media thus far have said it was the N-Jammer Canceler that got banned from use on mobile suits.
That info from NJC entry was written 7 years ago, and it is still unaltered as of today, lol.

The info is also a conflict to another entry in a different article.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_...mmer_Canceller

Oh yah, since the topic is about SEED and Gundam Wikia, there was an interesting entry before it was removed a month ago, I think.
Quote:
It also changed the military doctrine by completely removing all female soldiers from it's ranks in order to use them for breeding more soldiers or to produce weapons of war. The sole exception was [[Stellar Loussier]] who was an [[Extended]] project.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Bloody_...4021#Aftermath
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 05:09   Link #5942
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm not saying it does point towards anything else. I'm just saying the reasons don't make sense...
But they do, Orb was afraid of the EA's military after what happened in SEED.

Quote:
When did I ever said it made it less canon? I want you to give me a specific quote when I suggested it made it less canon and I'll clarify it for you.

I said it makes it out of character. And if it doesn't make sense, then it is out of character.

I have made the case quite clearly that he Seirans and their ideals should not have the legal and cultural influence to make a complete 180 reversal in policy without strong dissent. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm saying it shouldn't have. It's out of character: Out. Of. Character.
But they did, After the Attha's ran the country into the ground with the previous war with the EA in Seed, of course the opposition (in this case the Seirans) are going to rise in power, it's like that in pretty much every war. Mubarak(or was it Qadaffi?) recently got overthrown, even though he had been in power for decades. same thing with the revolutions all over the world, if a country is unhappy with its leadership, things will change, most of the time it simply happens with a election.

But in Orb, them taking the power from cagalli simply meant they had the power over her, we arent given enough details to speculate how retarded Orbs parliament is, only that people wear purple coats, oh, and the 5 royal families and all.

Also we don't know how the cultural impact was in Orb when the seirans took over, if anything, they could've been running the same type of politics as Uzumi did when he was in charge, with a slight change in military interventions and international politics.
Quote:
Just because you say something is out of character, does not mean you're saying it didn't happen. It's the fact that it did happen that's the problem.

I repeat: I'm not saying it's not canon.

Has it sunk in yet? The only reason I'm saying it so many times is because I tied to make this clear before but for whatever reason i obviously wasn't clear enough so know I want to make absolutely sure you understand. Do you understand now?
But your point is meaningless since you have nothing to back it up with except your own opinions? you've made your point clear several times, it's all talk and no context though, thats the part you don't seem to get. Stop crying wolf and your opinion might carry a tad bit of weight in the future.


Quote:
Athrun was clearly taking into account that ZAFT would have to get involved and "complete annihilation" wasn't the result he said was going to happen. Quite the opposite. And the way Athrun was portrayed as the more reasonable and down to earth character, clearly suggests that what he was saying could be taken as exposition.
No, he said it wouldn't be the same as heliopolis, he never said anything about complete annihilation, out of the way he acted, one can assume he wouldnt be stupid enough to go in guns blazing with 4 mobile suits and a submarine against a fully armed country.

Quote:
It's not just my opinion. It's logic. I stubbornly state it because it's true.
No, Logic isnt based on opinion, logic is based on cold logical facts, your opinion is not logical, you are not Spock or vulcan by any means.
Quote:
If you can't deny it then don't expect me to be convinced by your arguments. Simple as.
But i've denied things several times and even quoted episodes when your opinion/facts clearly don't hold up, but you only call BS, ignore them and keep repeating the same thing.

Also: Wikia is the worst place to use as a source seeing how entire pages of there are pure fanfic/fan speculations without any official material, you'd be better off linking to 4chan. and that should tell you something about the wikia quality
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 05:18   Link #5943
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Oh yah, since the topic is about SEED and Gundam Wikia, there was an interesting entry before it was removed a month ago, I think.
Quote:
It also changed the military doctrine by completely removing all female soldiers from it's ranks in order to use them for breeding more soldiers or to produce weapons of war. The sole exception was [[Stellar Loussier]] who was an [[Extended]] project.
Interesting entry indeed, but I doubt if it’s really true or legit. For example, in Destiny Astray manga (after Junius Treaty but before the events in Destiny) there are at least two normal female ace-pilots named Jane the “White Whale” and Rena Imelia. Each piloting Forbidden Blue and Sword Calamity IIRC. If they're not official EA's female soldiers, I don't know what are .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 07:22   Link #5944
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Interesting entry indeed, but I doubt if it’s really true or legit. For example, in Destiny Astray manga (after Junius Treaty but before the events in Destiny) there are at least two normal female ace-pilots named Jane the “White Whale” and Rena Imelia. Each piloting Forbidden Blue and Sword Calamity IIRC. If they're not official EA's female soldiers, I don't know what are .
Perhaps they were exceptions due to pure skill/competence/important connections?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 01:22   Link #5945
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25

New promo image from the Destiny remaster.. Hmmm... I kind of miss the pink explosions.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 01:35   Link #5946
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Is that a FAITH insignia on Destiny's left shoulder? If it is, I hope that's just a symbol for the promotional poster and not what will actually happen in the remaster. Strike Rouge's insignia makes sense as Cagalli is the heiress to Uzumi, but this would just look silly to me, if it ended up happening.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 01:53   Link #5947
gotchi
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
haven't watched anime as frequently as i used to back in high school but heard they remastered SEED so I marathon'd it in the past two days!

I enjoyed watching it, especially in HD glory!
- Music/soundtrack for this series is awesome....though I kind of miss hearing "River" in the EDs and not hearing "Find the way" till the end was an interesting change. The new song by FictionJunction is great too..but doesnt tug at my heart the same way as the original ending songs xD
- nice to see re-animated/HD scenes. I was in Tokyo and checked out the Gundam Museum where they had a SEED Remaster gallery...it was neat to see panels that were overdrawn for the widescreen adaptation. I want that last scrolling ED animation as my screensaver xD

watching this 9 years later ...gotta say I missed a lot of things. I used to have a huge dislike towards Flay but looking back at it...she's actually one of the better developed characters that added great drama. I also never realized how the Archangel always managed to bring in/have onboard daughters that belong to a family of Plant/Federation/Orb....what are the chances? but then again it didnt lose a single battle so ...whatever...

And..so GSD Remaster coming out soon too...I've tried to forget that series as it left me with only frustration...cos it had so much potential to be BETTER! Can't really remember the exact details of GSD but...I really wish it wasn't just a Remaster but a Rewrite/Remaster!

As a Cagalli SEED fan, I was sooo bummed with how her character was treated in GSD. She was pretty much screwed over....I don't understand why there wasn't anyone within Orb who supported the Attha's or Uzumi didn't exist to be in GSD to help shape her/act as a mentor in politics ...did they all really have die with Uzumi back in Kaguya/mass driver place...? ...blah the plot/situations the characters had to deal with felt forced upon in GSD. I just remember back in the day hoping for each episode to get better as it went on but... just ended the series being dissatisfied.

Anyway...i just needed to find a place to express my enthusiasm for the remastered SEED xD hope you all have a good night/day
__________________
gotchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:08   Link #5948
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchi View Post
Anyway...i just needed to find a place to express my enthusiasm for the remastered SEED xD hope you all have a good night/day
And this is just the right place for it.

I also agree with you that "River" and "Find the Way" are among the best songs in SEED. Really miss River in the Remaster. Thank god I have the old DVD .

And good day/night to you too ^^.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:33   Link #5949
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post

New promo image from the Destiny remaster.. Hmmm... I kind of miss the pink explosions.
Airing on March 29th......I guess it will last long enough to keep me entertained until Unicorn 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Is that a FAITH insignia on Destiny's left shoulder? If it is, I hope that's just a symbol for the promotional poster and not what will actually happen in the remaster. Strike Rouge's insignia makes sense as Cagalli is the heiress to Uzumi, but this would just look silly to me, if it ended up happening.
What are you talking about? Shinn was promoted to a member of FAITH along with Rey near the end of DESTINY
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:41   Link #5950
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
What are you talking about? Shinn was promoted to a member of FAITH along with Rey near the end of DESTINY
Yeah, but that doesn't mean they have to show it off in the mobile suit assigned to Shinn.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:41   Link #5951
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Perhaps they were exceptions due to pure skill/competence/important connections?
Oh, how could I miss this post?
Well, even if it’s true that they’re exceptions, it still means that the article from the Gundam–Wikia (which Kakakka quoted above) is far from being true. It did mention that they remove all female soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Is that a FAITH insignia on Destiny's left shoulder? If it is, I hope that's just a symbol for the promotional poster and not what will actually happen in the remaster. Strike Rouge's insignia makes sense as Cagalli is the heiress to Uzumi, but this would just look silly to me, if it ended up happening.
I also can’t see why a FAITH insignia on top of FAITH agent’s Gundam makes it ridiculous/silly.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:52   Link #5952
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I also can’t see why a FAITH insignia on top of FAITH agent’s Gundam makes it ridiculous.
All such insignias look silly to me on a mobile suit. That's just my taste. I only exclude Cagalli's Strike Rouge because it's her father's symbol.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:59   Link #5953
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
As a veteran Armored Core player, I'm more than fine with the Destiny having the FAITH symbol on its left arm.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 03:06   Link #5954
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
As a veteran Armored Core player, I'm more than fine with the Destiny having the FAITH symbol on its left arm.
Yeah, I also don’t think it’s silly to inform the ally that “This MS belongs to a member of FAITH” by applying the insignia as FAITH members do have some special privileges (kinda like a royal family member or something).
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 03:17   Link #5955
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, I also don’t think it’s silly to inform the ally that “This MS belongs to a member of FAITH” by applying the insignia as FAITH memebers do have some special privileges (kinda like a royal family member or something).
An ally would already know who the pilot is and/or there exist other better ways of identifying the pilot. And the key here is identifying the pilot, not the mobile suit.

Last edited by monster; 2013-03-08 at 03:28.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 03:35   Link #5956
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
An ally would already know who the pilot is and/or there exist other better ways of identifying the pilot. And the key here is identifying the pilot, not the mobile suit.
How about different squads from different divisions during a big battle? In battles where everything happens in a flash, the quicker you identify an ally and its notable rank the better. That’s why some captain’s Zakus in UC also have distinguished horns in their heads, to quickly take command during emergency situations or something without further questions asked. Just like how red-cross insignia works for the medics imo.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 03:45   Link #5957
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
How about different squad from different division during a big battle? In battles where everything happens in a flash, the quicker you identify an ally and its notable rank the better. That’s why some captain’s Zakus also have distinguished horns in their heads, to quickly take command during emergency situations or something without further questions asked. Just like how red-cross insignia works for the medics imo.
You're forgetting that these are mobile suits with onboard computers. Your mobile suit's computer will identify an ally/enemy's mobile suit faster than you can see the insignia on the mobile suit's left shoulder, which can only be seen from the front side.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 03:56   Link #5958
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You're forgetting that these are mobile suits with onboard computers. Your mobile suit's computer will identify an ally/enemy's mobile suit faster than you can see the insignia on the mobile suit's left shoulder, which can only be seen from the front side.
Computers aren’t the best bet during emergency situations where some system fail. If it is, then those medic GINNs in the last episode of SEED don’t have to paint red-cross on their shoulders .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 04:20   Link #5959
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Computers aren’t the best bet during emergency situations where some system fail. If it is, then those medic GINNs in the last episode of SEED don’t have to paint red-cross on their shoulders .
The medics play an important but specific role in emergency situations. They do not usually take commands.

Those who do would still have to communicate their commands and would have to identify themselves. It'd be a potential disaster to take orders from an unknown pilot just because he's piloting a mobile suit with a known insignia, especially in emergency situations.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 04:42   Link #5960
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The medics play an important but specific role in emergency situations. They do not usually take commands.

Those who do would still have to communicate their commands and would have to identify themselves. It'd be a potential disaster to take orders from an unknown pilot just because he's piloting a mobile suit with a known insignia, especially in emergency situations.
I never said that insignias are only needed to take over the command. They are needed in emergency situations for various reasons. For example, the “Press” insignia applied by Astray Outframe is to inform troops from both sides that he’s neutral. In this specific case, “FAITH” insignia will be useful during emergency situations (where system fails) to let the FAITH MS and its pilot to do what he has to without any interruption from lower-ranked ZAFT members. Sure, confirmation is needed when an “unknown pilot” of a FAITH MS wanted to take command, but we’re speaking emergency here where eveything must be done fast or it’s too late and the system is failing (eg. making them unable to confirm something). The fact that not everybody can access FAITH MS except for the “right” person chosen by Durandal also help things.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.