AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-15, 05:54   Link #6321
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
The fact is, the last acknowledgement we have of Kira regarding his relationship with Flay is the realization that it was a mistake. So you can't just suddenly interpret his desire to protect as some special hint of love when he has expressed it to different people.
The last ever communication between them was a misunderstanding. In fact, both were ready to move on and start over before the final battle. While Lacus was shoving herself unto Kira...Fllay was trying to set things right with him. It would've been the first step towards reconciliation and rekindling.

Monstert, stop acting like people who 'break up' don't have a chance in hell to make up.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:58   Link #6322
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Monstert, stop acting like people who 'break up' don't have a chance in hell to make up.
Of course people have a chance to make up, but Kira never expressed anything other than his guilt over hurting her and needing to protect her. Even after Flay's death, Kira never even hinted that he regretted not being able to say that he actually loved her or anything along that line. Instead, he was only saddened that Flay had to die and that he couldn't protect her.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:13   Link #6323
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Of course people have a chance to make up, but Kira never expressed anything other than his guilt over hurting her and needing to protect her. Even after Flay's death, Kira never even hinted that he regretted not being able to say that he actually loved her or anything along that line. Instead, he was only saddened that Flay had to die and that he couldn't protect her.
Completely agree, given the fact that when Kira back on board the Eternal having failed to retrive Fllay, the words Kira uses to describe her was: "she is someone I hurt". Kira thinks he hurt her by using her as comfort and then breaking it off with her. Morever he also failed to keep the promise of protecting her father. IMO the fact that he describes her as someone he has hurt rather than something like she is someone I loved or my ex-girlfriends sums, up how he feels about her. In the state of mind he was in he wouldn't be able to think about what he says in front of whoever it may be. He will probably gives his most honest thoughts on the matter.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:19   Link #6324
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
On the contrary, being with Fllay instead would've made his presence less detectable. Lacus was so involved in back dealings within terminal that It gave away Kira.
Highly unlikely. In the end there is only one place where he can live with Fllay: Orb. So that kind of narrows it down. And we were shown in Destiny that Durandal's intelligence network is supreme. For example he knew the exact location of Kira and Lacus's whereabouts, found the young Canard Pars, knew about the requiem energy cannon, destroy's blueprint even before it was deployed on the battlefield by the EA, etc.. I don't think Kira could have hidden from him for long.

But whats more importent, There is no way Kira would have sat back and watched as Durandal was going after his friends.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Fact is: Kira staying with Fllay would've made him almost invisible to Durandal, as opposed to being with the Terminal Figurehead and expecting a peaceful life.
He is not a Terminal Figurehead.. Where did you get this from? did I miss something?
__________________

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2013-04-15 at 06:43.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:34   Link #6325
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Of course people have a chance to make up, but Kira never expressed anything other than his guilt over hurting her and needing to protect her. Even after Flay's death, Kira never even hinted that he regretted not being able to say that he actually loved her or anything along that line. Instead, he was only saddened that Flay had to die and that he couldn't protect her.
Herein lies the problem with your interpretation. You have not looked into the fact that Kira is not that expressive. And... the fact that He's probably being polite to Lacus, who was talking to him and throwing herself at him. If it had been Milly, Cagalli, etc. he'd be probably livid.

Like I many have said, Fllay's death was nothing more than validating Lacus and Kira's relationship.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:42   Link #6326
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Herein lies the problem with your interpretation. You have not looked into the fact that Kira is not that expressive.
You do realize that we're talking about SEED here?
Quote:
And... the fact that He's probably being polite to Lacus, who was talking to him and throwing herself at him. If it had been Milly, Cagalli, etc. he'd be probably livid.
Watch his scene after Flay's death. That was Kira, on his own, immediately after seeing her death. Again, his main source of grief was that Flay had to die and that he failed to protect her, nothing about a missed chance for love.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:43   Link #6327
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Herein lies the problem with your interpretation. You have not looked into the fact that Kira is not that expressive. And... the fact that He's probably being polite to Lacus, who was talking to him and throwing herself at him. If it had been Milly, Cagalli, etc. he'd be probably livid.

Like I many have said, Fllay's death was nothing more than validating Lacus and Kira's relationship.
I disagree he is usually expressive when under extreme emotional stress, in such a condition it's easier said then done to be polite.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:49   Link #6328
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Herein lies the problem with your interpretation. You have not looked into the fact that Kira is not that expressive. And... the fact that He's probably being polite to Lacus, who was talking to him and throwing herself at him. If it had been Milly, Cagalli, etc. he'd be probably livid.
Honestly, aeriole, monster is arguing with what the characters actually said and what actually happened. Meanwhile, your arguments contain the word “probably” which didn’t do a favor to strengthen your points . Also, the words “the fact that...” and “probably” can rarely match in one sentence.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:59   Link #6329
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Like I many have said, Fllay's death was nothing more than validating Lacus and Kira's relationship.
Well I agree with this... Killing Flay would left Kira to choose Lacus...

Question: To whom do you think is Kira closer to when Flay was still alive? Lacus or Flay?


Would Seed's ending be altered if Flay didn't die?

Will Kira still end with Lacus if Flay didn't die?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:03   Link #6330
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Honestly, aeriole, monster is arguing with what the characters actually said and what actually happened.
That doesn't really matter, actually, after all everything concerning Fllay living beyond phase-50 is speculation. We really don't have anything to base it on. People who like the pairing will say positive things, people who don't like it will say that it's impossible given that apparently Kira is drooling for Lacus now.

The Lakers were forecasted to be owning the western conference this season, based on how individual pieces fit together.

but look at how the forecasters failed: this is the same thing with the whole 'Will Kira be back with Fllay if she lived through SEED?' Forecasters will have agendas, it's human nature to have them, and I just am baffled at how monster can say that he likes the pairing, yet has shown everything that he cannot support it , even in a what-if scenario, because of the possibility of things that have happened in the past between them when both are willing to move on from the manipulation. Like I said, it's either monstert is being pretentious and is just saying he likes Fllay and Kira's relationship to win an argument, or he doesn't like the pairing at all.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:15   Link #6331
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Well about the KiraXLacus and KiraXFllay thing for SEED, the director(Mitsuo Fukuda) talked about that in the official Gundam SEED Destiny book.
In the interview he said at the end of SEED, he wasnt in love with either Lacus or Fllay. And until Destiny began, Kira was emotionally hurt about the fact he couldnt save Fllay. Lacus was also sad about how Kira was in that state.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%85%AC%E5...A0SEED+DESTINY
The link above has the book Im talking about.
So if Fllay did survive, its hard to say whether he would have chose Fllay over Lacus or the opposite. Instead, there was a chance that he picked neither of them. Like I said before, Kira started develop feelings for Lacus after SEED when he was going through rough times.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:18   Link #6332
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
And until Destiny began, .........
I pity Lacus for falling inlove with Kira....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:27   Link #6333
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Kira was emotionally hurt about the fact he couldnt save Fllay. Lacus was also sad about how Kira was in that state.
Which played a big role on whether Kira was going to pilot the Freedom again in the first place; the exact words Kira utters at the face of Lacus being reluctant to give him the keys was that he wouldn't be able to live if he didn't protect her; which all but say one thing: Kira was still emotionally out during episodes 8-12 of Destiny: This is also most probably was the reason why Kira was always in the Orb Memorial. The fact that Kira is acting desperately so that he won't lose another one, is proof enough to support this statement:

Quote:
Like many, including me, have said, Fllay's death was nothing more than validating Lacus and Kira's relationship.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:39   Link #6334
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
That doesn't really matter, actually, after all everything concerning Fllay living beyond phase-50 is speculation. We really don't have anything to base it on.
We have the things that happened within the series to based our speculations on.
Quote:
I just am baffled at how monster can say that he likes the pairing, yet has shown everything that he cannot support it,
What is so baffling? There's a difference between wanting something to have happened and thinking something would happen.
Quote:
even in a what-if scenario, because of the possibility of things that have happened in the past between them when both are willing to move on from the manipulation.
It is because of the things that have happened in the past between them that I don't see them getting back together as lovers.

Even in a what-if scenario, you still can't ignore what we are shown regarding the characters. What Kira said after Flay's death was consistent with what he said in phase 44 while inside Freedom, before Flay's death.

Does the possibility still exist? Sure, but that's a useless statistic. A what-if scenario works best when you limit the number of what-ifs (preferably to just one). Otherwise, anything is possible. Kira and Flay could get married and then divorced after having one kid, etc., etc.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:40   Link #6335
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I pity Lacus for falling in love with Kira....
Well, if it were up to me, Lacus should pair up with Dacosta who has worked for her like a slave . He’s good looking, hard-working, well-trained military coordinator, strong, and smart, even though a bit naive. He’s perfect for her . So yeah, I'd really like to see Dacosta earned his price for his hardwork all this time XP.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:43   Link #6336
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
He's too old and blind....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:48   Link #6337
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
He's too old and blind....
Lol, true.
I wanted Yzak to get a girl. He was like one of the few people who didnt have any interactions with a girl. Except for the kiss he got from his mother in SEED...
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:57   Link #6338
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
He's too old and blind....
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Lol, true.
Umm...Im talking about Martin Dacosta, this dude:



Not the blind Marchio.

Check your facts first before criticizing ones opinion .

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I wanted Yzak to get a girl. He was like one of the few people who didnt have any interactions with a girl. Except for the kiss he got from his mother in SEED...
Yzak already has this hot-babe waiting for him :



Images
Closer look
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Her name is Shiho Hahnenfuss.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 08:09   Link #6339
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Spoiler for Large:


Lol It seems you were right considering Dacosta he isn't even remembered.

On that note we will get to see some tease with Shiho again with her in the picture during the remaster just never saying a word.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2013-04-15 at 08:37.
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 08:19   Link #6340
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, if it were up to me, Lacus should pair up with Dacosta who has worked for her like a slave . Hes good looking, hard-working, well-trained military coordinator, strong, and smart, even though a bit naive. Hes perfect for her . So yeah, I'd really like to see Dacosta earned his price for his hardwork all this time XP.
hmmm.. This sounds like a scenario from an H-manga.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.