AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-24, 08:42   Link #701
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Well, how many times have you heard of dozens of armored vehicles being taken out by a civilian in a single burst?
It's the least questionable of your points - that's why I said that it didn't "immediately bring up a caveat". Although, on reflection, the bit about Kira being a civilian is disingenuous, full burst mode hardly qualifies as "a single shot", and we've never seen him take out "several dozen" machines (implying a minimum of 24) in a single volley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Kira really isn't a civilian anymore.

He had the rank of Ensign with the EA, beats me what happened after he went with ORB in Destiny though.
There are quite a few terms that apply - "mecha pilot" perhaps being the most accurate. But unless you're using "soldier" in an extremely formal sense, it'd work as well.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 11:15   Link #702
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Why? This is the only one of his points that doesn't immediately bring up a caveat: "a single civilian can take down dozens of highly advanced and trained military pilots in a single shot". And even it stretches the truth.

D-KLAC's arguments are extremely weak, so it shouldn't require such questionable points to refute them.
weak?

are you kidding me hello i've seen all 100 eps of GS series with special edtions, final plus, etc in 3 different languages!!!

and you think that i'm weak?!

geez like i've to a "ferris bueller" idea for GS series besides remember stargazer, astray, & mini GS had different director & writers maybe sunrise have plan for them to work on other GS projects.

unless japan have their version of the writers strike?!

& by the way this world has similar comparison to the GS.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 14:14   Link #703
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
weak?

are you kidding me hello i've seen all 100 eps of GS series with special edtions, final plus, etc in 3 different languages!!!

and you think that i'm weak?!
First, you quoted the wrong response. The response you're looking for is several above that one. Second, they didn't say that you're weak, just your arguments.

Quote:
geez like i've to a "ferris bueller" idea for GS series besides remember stargazer, astray, & mini GS had different director & writers maybe sunrise have plan for them to work on other GS projects.
See, the main problem with many/all of your ideas for Gundam SEED is that they aren't original in any way. All you're doing is taking popular movies and TV series then suggesting that Sunrise copy them. Perhaps you should try original ideas... As for the varied writers/directors, Sunrise is a big company and they'll assign staff where they see fit.

Quote:
& by the way this world has similar comparison to the GS.
You keep saying this but have yet to justify it with solid examples. Would you mind doing so?

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2007-11-24 at 14:33. Reason: geh... typos
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 08:01   Link #704
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
I like coming here again now.
It's funny. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC
are you kidding me hello i've seen all 100 eps of GS series with special edtions, final plus, etc in 3 different languages!!!

and you think that i'm weak?!
Uhh. The strength of your argument, or, your strength here doesn't depend on how many times you've watched everything related to Seed or in how many languages.

Here, all of them are rubbish.
But if you wanna continue with just that, then I'll say.. good luck with rubbish.

Quote:
& by the way this world has similar comparison to the GS.
Like?
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 08:37   Link #705
CHAOS|ZERO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
giant Gundams that can fire lasers mmhmm...
CHAOS|ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 17:08   Link #706
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
well i think you've to realize that the events in this world right now had similar doing with GS because i've this strange feelings that this world will be like GS.

& another thing that after GS the movie there will be other GS project.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 17:47   Link #707
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well i think you've to realize that the events in this world right now had similar doing with GS because i've this strange feelings that this world will be like GS.
That's not going to work.

We specifically asked for reasons and examples of how our world is similar to that of the Cosmic Era. Saying that you have a 'strange feeling' that they are the same is not a convincing argument (nor is it an argument by any measure) in your view's defense. We're asking for solid and sound examples, not 'feelings.' The closest a Gundam series has come to being even remotely similar to our world would have to be 00 and even it has yet to fully prove or explain itself.

Quote:
another thing that after GS the movie there will be other GS project.
And your basis/source on this is? It better not be another 'feeling' or fanciful wish.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 19:49   Link #708
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well i think you've to realize that the events in this world right now had similar doing with GS because i've this strange feelings that this world will be like GS.
As the others have pointed out, the difference between a weak argument and a strong argument is how well one uses relevant points and connecting logic to support said argument. So far you've used very little (or none) of either, so your arguments are little more than idle assertions. If you want anyone to take what you say more seriously, then you should try to put more substance in your posts. For the most part, I would agree with you in that the Cosmic Era universe compares favorably to the other Gundam universes, but that doesn't make it particularly realistic.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 12:02   Link #709
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
geez you want an examples between GS & this world well here this example

GS have bloody valentime while this world got 9/11
GS had human clones while this world did cloneing

& besides with GS's enhancements http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_enhancements matter of time till world be like GS.

& besides i'm sure there will be another GS project because this code said it all SAVE_GS_KLAC cause i will save the GS.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 13:37   Link #710
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
geez you want an examples between GS & this world well here this example

GS have bloody valentime while this world got 9/11

Well, it's good to know that all those other bombings across the world previously were in no way significant. Who cares about nightclub bombings sponsored by Libya or the bombing of a marine barracks or embasy bombings or what not? Clearly, four plane crashes to a grand total of under 3000 people by a stateless organization and in no way capabale of destroying a people if repeated = a nuclear attack on a colony resulting in double digit millions dying in a blow that, if repeated several more times, would result in the extinction of a human race.

Quote:
GS had human clones while this world did cloneing
We have cloned... a sheep. Which died shortly afterwards. We have cloned a few small snuggly animals, many of which die sooner than they should.

GS used genetics in an entirely unrealistic, defy-the-laws-of-nature-why-don't-you, sort of way, and couldn't even bother to check on reproduction matters beforehand.

Of course, the laws of science don't really apply to any gundam due to their having GIANT BIPEDAL WAR MACHINES, so I guess I'll let this go with a "so what? We have blue seas too."
Quote:
& besides with GS's enhancements http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_enhancements matter of time till world be like GS.
Correction: GS decided to use (or rip off, your preference) a well established feature of sci-fi. the Seed-verse even uses necromancy to put a dead-guys brain as an AI. It has freaky psychics and beyond-death experiences, one of which was needlessly retconned in. None of these make Gundam Seed "realistic" or "like our world," unless the Second Coming comes, goes, and screws with the nature of reality while we're asleep.

They even use hourglasses as colonies. Hourglasses!

Quote:
& besides i'm sure there will be another GS project because this code said it all SAVE_GS_KLAC cause i will save the GS.
What... the... ****? Jesus, you don't need fresh air, you need a psychiatrist. And Gundam Seed (Destiny) doesn't need to be saved; it needs to be rewritten. Completely, not just enough to try and close the plot holes it itself caused.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 21:49   Link #711
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
And D-KLAC's post become more and more.............................................

Oh heck, I don't know what the hell his rambling is anymore, his posts are so far gone! It's something far beyond ridiculous, that's for sure.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 21:56   Link #712
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Seriously let's just close this thread, everyday it's just D-KLAC trolling anyway. I don't really see the point of keeping this thread open, when Seed movie comes out, we will make separate thread on that and so far no news on third season so let's just close this thread.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 22:32   Link #713
shaolo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Second that!
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 22:43   Link #714
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post

Well, it's good to know that all those other bombings across the world previously were in no way significant. Who cares about nightclub bombings sponsored by Libya or the bombing of a marine barracks or embasy bombings or what not? Clearly, four plane crashes to a grand total of under 3000 people by a stateless organization and in no way capabale of destroying a people if repeated = a nuclear attack on a colony resulting in double digit millions dying in a blow that, if repeated several more times, would result in the extinction of a human race.

We have cloned... a sheep. Which died shortly afterwards. We have cloned a few small snuggly animals, many of which die sooner than they should.

GS used genetics in an entirely unrealistic, defy-the-laws-of-nature-why-don't-you, sort of way, and couldn't even bother to check on reproduction matters beforehand.

Of course, the laws of science don't really apply to any gundam due to their having GIANT BIPEDAL WAR MACHINES, so I guess I'll let this go with a "so what? We have blue seas too."

Correction: GS decided to use (or rip off, your preference) a well established feature of sci-fi. the Seed-verse even uses necromancy to put a dead-guys brain as an AI. It has freaky psychics and beyond-death experiences, one of which was needlessly retconned in. None of these make Gundam Seed "realistic" or "like our world," unless the Second Coming comes, goes, and screws with the nature of reality while we're asleep.

They even use hourglasses as colonies. Hourglasses!

What... the... ****? Jesus, you don't need fresh air, you need a psychiatrist. And Gundam Seed (Destiny) doesn't need to be saved; it needs to be rewritten. Completely, not just enough to try and close the plot holes it itself caused.
geez hello maybe GS could be a sign of a possible future of this world.

besides like i've just uncovered the biggest contraversty that GS series is like a "sign" for this world.

& i will make sure that i will get GS 3!!!
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 01:43   Link #715
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Just because it relfects the future, doesn't mean it turns out as GS, there are always alternation even with technology advancement and other fields that may eclipse the focus. There will be always be things mankind will never control completely, that is why it can't come close to the reality of GS or any gundam for that matter. They can only capture detail but they can't exactly make the future as desired to individials or to warfare.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 03:53   Link #716
OMG_Zerg_Rush
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
geez hello maybe GS could be a sign of a possible future of this world.

besides like i've just uncovered the biggest contraversty that GS series is like a "sign" for this world.

& i will make sure that i will get GS 3!!!

can we please get back on topic or close this thread.

edit: removed anti D-KLAC pic
________
SUZUKI GN SERIES HISTORY

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:22.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 04:52   Link #717
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
I belive everyone will agree with this

can we please get back on topic or close this thread.
you have no right to tell he/her to stop posting and go someqhere else but i do agreed to get back on topic or if not to close close this thread.
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 06:30   Link #718
OMG_Zerg_Rush
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
you have no right to tell he/her to stop posting and go someqhere else but i do agreed to get back on topic or if not to close close this thread.
You are right (also i just reread the rules and i may be in a bit of trouble (rule 1.2)) so ill edit my message.

However in my defence what D-KLAC is doing is also aginst the rules (oddly its the same one i just broke)
________
Pregnant mexican

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:22.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 11:46   Link #719
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
o.O
seed-forum... brings cheerful* memories. XD

..and I see tetsuo's here too. HELLO! XD
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 13:35   Link #720
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Quote:
geez hello maybe GS could be a sign of a possible future of this world.
Possible future? yes, maybe. Most probable? HELL NO!
Quote:
besides like i've just uncovered the biggest contraversty that GS series is like a "sign" for this world.
Can someone translate this please? My english is pretty bad..
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.