AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-14, 04:07   Link #7661
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
yup, then whats your point then? we don't know when/if the sequel is taking place so all this part of discussion is pointless
You're the one who brought up the time gap issue as an excuse for UC villains.
Quote:
you think 7 years isn't a big gap in time?
No, especially not when compared to two years.
Quote:
Alright i'll bite, what villains are there left in the Seed/Destiny Universe? don't use Astray villains guys/groups. only groups that were only in the Anime of seed/destiny.
What is the point of limiting yourself to villains that were seen in SEED and Destiny?

LOGOS, Djibril, the Seirans, and Durandal were not seen in SEED.
Quote:
Yes i am saying that no one can stand up to Kira Co. the Shinn vs Kira fight is a terrible defense point. so you think the CE can have a group of people magically show up that have/be at the same skill as Kira, Athrun, Shinn, Luna, Yzak, Dearka, and all those other guys in AA/TSA and fight them on equal terms? after all with Destiny's ending everybody made nice nice, so Shinn would be working with Kira and Athrun. So some group can just waltz on up and fight that team and come out even....yeah
Out of millions or billions of people out there? Oh, I'm sure they can find a few people. The Astray series proved that there are competent pilots outside of the anime shows.

Shinn and Kira and Athrun are not everybody.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 04:16   Link #7662
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
True i'm kinda hoping each episode is a new set of characters at the end of each episodes Make the Next episode Cagalli and Athrun Infinite Justice. Then Shinn Luna or Stella with the Destiny.

Spoiler for hide:


Strike Freedom paint job looks really cool
hrm?

Spoiler for new?:
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 04:34   Link #7663
The American Average
2LMES
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a comet that goes zooom!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
What is the point of limiting yourself to villains that were seen in SEED and Destiny?LOGOS, Djibril, the Seirans, and Durandal were not seen in SEED.
yeah those guys came from destiny that weren't in seed some made sense others were just came out of nowhere. LOGOs was pretty much Blue Cosmos, Djibril just came with the LOGOS package, Durandal should have been in SEED he seemed to have a lot of ties with Rau, and cloning. the Seirans came out of nowhere. making noble/important families isn't hard to see how they came to be.

These new villains, where these people going to come from? any places they can come out of are ruled by the good guys. just saying they were always there is just really lazy


Quote:
Out of millions or billions of people out there? Shinn and Kira and Athrun are not everybody.
so millions/billions of people will rise up and fight Kira Athrun and Shinn... if you're meaning out of those billions of people a couple rise up and can fight Kira Co. on equal grounds.. i don't see it, cause who's going to fund them, train them, and why would they fight them? That for the sequel to build the story around this but i don't see how a conflict can rise in the CE we have all the peace talks going around and Lacus has everyone wrapped around her finger. Where can the story go without doing something stupid. they would really have to to a time jump for problems to grow.

Quote:
I'm sure they can find a few people The Astray series proved that there are competent pilots outside of the anime shows.
i doubt any of them are at the Destiny main cast level of skill. but you do have a point, i guess speculating on a CE sequel is pretty much pointless, we don't know how the story will play out, how far in the future the series is, who are the stars of the series will be.
__________________
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 04:45   Link #7664
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
yeah those guys came from destiny that weren't in seed some made sense others were just came out of nowhere. LOGOs was pretty much Blue Cosmos, Djibril just came with the LOGOS package, Durandal should have been in SEED he seemed to have a lot of ties with Rau, and cloning. the Seirans came out of nowhere. making noble/important families isn't hard to see how they came to be.

These new villains, where these people going to come from? any places they can come out of are ruled by the good guys. just saying they were always there is just really lazy
It doesn't matter if you think it's lazy. Where did Kira, Athrun, and Shinn came from? It's called introducing characters.
Quote:
... That for the sequel to build the story around ...
Exactly.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 04:53   Link #7665
The American Average
2LMES
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a comet that goes zooom!!!
well it would be lazy, with how Destiny ended where could conflict rise? Shinn athrun and kira were victims of the conflicts of the CE in Seed. Destiny's end peace in CE with Lacus leading. Everybody listens to her, so how could there be hatred after a war Lacus stopped (morosawa logic don't forget). I guess I just can't see enough substance to see a full sequel for the CE, without a large time jump. unless we have someone who can write a story that actually makes sense.

but like I already said guessing on how a CE sequel will work is pointless.
__________________

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-06-14 at 05:19.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 05:16   Link #7666
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
well it would be lazy, with how Destiny ended where could conflict rise?
Again, that's up to a sequel to explain.
Quote:
Shinn athrun and kira were victims of the conflicts of the CE in Seed.
Great, now, with Destiny, more people could be victims.
Quote:
Destiny's end peace in CE with Lacus leading. Everybody listens to her, so how could there be hatred after a war Lacus stopped.
The obvious answer would be that not everybody listens to her.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:22   Link #7667
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
If the Orb signed a alliance between the EA is that mean the neutral laws is no longer legible?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:00   Link #7668
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
If the Orb signed a alliance between the EA is that mean the neutral laws is no longer legible?
It's not a law.

But yes, signing the treaty means that Orb will abide by the terms of that treaty and cannot stay neutral.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:00   Link #7669
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
liking the special ending and even shinn fight in this ep
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 14:22   Link #7670
The American Average
2LMES
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a comet that goes zooom!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Great, now, with Destiny, more people could be victims.
the only real good scene i could see people becoming a victim and wanting revenge is when Junius Seven hits earth.


Quote:
The obvious answer would be that not everybody listens to her.(Lacus)
Come on. Name a time when people on a large scale ever disagreed with Lacus? she really have to do something bad/stupid to lose all her public support. but i guess that for the sequel to figure out, huh?
__________________
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 14:36   Link #7671
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
the only real good scene i could see people becoming a victim and wanting revenge is when Junius Seven hits earth.
And when Requiem hits the PLANTs, and when the Destroy rampaged across Europe. Heck, it could even be someone who is a family member/friend of someone else who was killed in one of those many ships that Shinn destroyed single-handedly throughout Destiny, or actually any battle, because soldiers and their surviving loved ones are victims too.
Quote:
Come on. Name a time when people on a large scale ever disagreed with Lacus? she really have to do something bad/stupid to lose all her public support. but i guess that for the sequel to figure out, huh?
The only public support Lacus ever had was amongst the PLANT citizens, but even then, public support doesn't mean everyone supports her, just that many people do, but still only among the PLANT citizens.

I don't think we've ever seen anyone outside of PLANTs showing support for Lacus herself outside of being allies in battles.

Also, the war in SEED was "won" by Lacus's side too, and still Destiny happened. So again, it's obvious that not everyone has to support Lacus, even if she did played a role in ending both wars.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:03   Link #7672
Kirayuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLE...ticles/1249717

Strike Rouge Ootori

Will be getting MG 1/100 and appear in Destiny Remaster
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:07   Link #7673
The American Average
2LMES
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a comet that goes zooom!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLE...ticles/1249717

Strike Rouge Ootori

Will be getting MG 1/100 and appear in Destiny Remaster
well that looks cool actually. and its going to appear in the remaster even cooler. Wonder if Cagalli will actually use it.

Makes me wonder if Orb-01 Akatsuki will get any Remaster touches
__________________

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-06-14 at 17:19.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 17:18   Link #7674
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLE...ticles/1249717

Strike Rouge Ootori

Will be getting MG 1/100 and appear in Destiny Remaster
That's a nice looking flight pack.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 17:31   Link #7675
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLE...ticles/1249717

Strike Rouge Ootori

Will be getting MG 1/100 and appear in Destiny Remaster
So it's going to show up to either get trashed or float around to look pretty and just for show, O.K.A.Y...? Unless they have this to be the suit Kira takes to go get the Strike Freedom, but instead he is masterful with it and does not let it get touched in the process and it from there sticks around for the rest of the series.....that sounds good, but if it's the former they can kick rocks.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 17:47   Link #7676
The American Average
2LMES
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a comet that goes zooom!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
So it's going to show up to either get trashed or float around to look pretty and just for show, O.K.A.Y..
http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/news/sun..._e.php?id=6582

"It is expected to play an active part in the future of course this volume. First of all, because it represents the figure at the opening from PHASE-14 28 June (Friday) will deliver for the first time in the main part, do not miss it!"

makes me wonder what this active part means. Its probably nothing like you said but i'm hopeful
__________________

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-06-14 at 18:49.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 17:59   Link #7677
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
well it would be lazy, with how Destiny ended where could conflict rise?
Isn't there some secret organization in one of the (I think) Astray mangas or side stories? They begin attack all 3 factions and instigate another war.

I always thought that could work well for a movie, or another series.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 18:50   Link #7678
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/news/sun..._e.php?id=6582

"It is expected to play an active part in the future of course this volume. First of all, because it represents the figure at the opening from PHASE-14 28 June (Friday) will deliver for the first time in the main part, do not miss it!"

makes me wonder what this active part means. Its probably nothing like you said but i'm hopeful
Sunrise, "floating around while Cagalli cries" is not considered an "active part" of anything.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 01:22   Link #7679
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I guess Cagalli will look good while she's crying.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 16:20   Link #7680
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
"今回、SEED DESTIY HDリマスターでの新要素として
新たな装備を携えたストライクルージュの設定が公開された。"

Wha?
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.