AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-12-06, 07:40   Link #761
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

If they're going to do spinoffs, I'd rather see a prequel of Gundam Seed that shows Mu La Flaga and Rau going against eachother in the Bloody Valentine War's earliest battles.

I mean it is near the start of the ZAFT/EAF conflict, MANY war ships became destroyed, possibly hundreds of fighter craft and mobile suits being destroyed AND we see how Mu La Flaga became a war hero and Rau became a master tactician in war. It's a perfect setup for an OVA or some short series instead of going too far with episode count.

To me, that was the most intriguing part about the Seed canon. That massive battle that started it all and how the factions split off.

Even with UC Gundam shows, they never showed how exactly the two sides started fighting with mobile suits and which crucial battles were the tipping point.

But in Seed, that one battle is the Valentine War's Jachin Due.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 08:10   Link #762
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i enjoy gs a lot, gsd was wierd because it seem like they wanted to introduce shin as the new lead and scraped him half way into season because seriously shin as a lead character is just a mess and was dislike by half the viewers so they went ahead and stuck Kira back into the spot light

gsd was a dissapointment compare to gs but all in all, i enjoy both series

as for 3rd season........please dont come out if its crap and ruin the GS universe in my heart

although a side story with some humor and slice of life with all the characters would be awesome
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 12:09   Link #763
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
If they're going to do spinoffs, I'd rather see a prequel of Gundam Seed that shows Mu La Flaga and Rau going against eachother in the Bloody Valentine War's earliest battles.

I mean it is near the start of the ZAFT/EAF conflict, MANY war ships became destroyed, possibly hundreds of fighter craft and mobile suits being destroyed AND we see how Mu La Flaga became a war hero and Rau became a master tactician in war. It's a perfect setup for an OVA or some short series instead of going too far with episode count.

To me, that was the most intriguing part about the Seed canon. That massive battle that started it all and how the factions split off.

Even with UC Gundam shows, they never showed how exactly the two sides started fighting with mobile suits and which crucial battles were the tipping point.

But in Seed, that one battle is the Valentine War's Jachin Due.
i'll agree on that for a GS prequal besides there are many things tnat need to be told about the events before GS besides it would be interesting to learn mu, murrue, andy, rau, gil, kira's adoptive parents, lord uzumi, etc before GS

also maybe a spinoff series involved the failed prototype of the Ultimate Coordinator that is canard pars

or else a series specila on the events after 5min ova to the hour before GSD.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 01:40   Link #764
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't think we need an explanation for every single thing though. They can do smaller bits and pieces and maybe even some cameos instead of doing it full time. If they are going to show it all, they may as well plunge into a 50 episoder.
Old 2007-12-08, 21:25   Link #765
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I don't think we need an explanation for every single thing though. They can do smaller bits and pieces and maybe even some cameos instead of doing it full time. If they are going to show it all, they may as well plunge into a 50 episoder.
well another 50ep of a GS series prequal for the early years well maybe it will be divide into 5 part 10ep for these 5 characters mu, murrue, andy, rau, & gil to make it 50eps for a GS prequal series.

or else have a GS series spinoff involve these characters yzak, dearka, miriallia, the 3 archangel crew member (neumann, chandra, murdoch), minerva crew, luna, etc character in GS
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 22:08   Link #766
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well another 50ep of a GS series prequal for the early years well maybe it will be divide into 5 part 10ep for these 5 characters mu, murrue, andy, rau, & gil to make it 50eps for a GS prequal series.
A 50 ep prequal? not happening, how can they make a gundam show that long based before the gundams were made, unless they do a recon saying the strike and the others were not the first gundams in CE.
________
Medical marijuana card

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:22.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 00:16   Link #767
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
unless they do a recon saying the strike and the others were not the first gundams in CE.
reconnaissance? or retcon?
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 02:30   Link #768
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
A 50 ep prequal? not happening, how can they make a gundam show that long based before the gundams were made, unless they do a recon saying the strike and the others were not the first gundams in CE.
I think it'd be interesting because at least Mobile Suits are there. And Mobile Armor like with Mu's Moebius.

I think that's the intriguing thing about prequels; the suits and technology will have to decidedly be more primitive and restricting in their own ways. I wish a Gundam show will touch upon that first stumbling steps to a true blue Gundam, but it doesn't seem possible soon, especially with how the Japanese are romanticized by a superhuman Gundam suit.
Old 2007-12-09, 02:32   Link #769
ThoHell

I know there are a lot of Kira haters out there because the way he is and being the main character, I personally like Kira, but a Gundam Seed/Destiny without him wouldn't be a Gundam Seed. Forget the prequel, make the movie come out sooner would be better.
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 10:31   Link #770
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
i'll agree on that for a GS prequal besides there are many things tnat need to be told about the events before GS besides it would be interesting to learn mu, murrue, andy, rau, gil, kira's adoptive parents, lord uzumi, etc before GS
It would be a very boring series. Mu would be fighting a losing war, Murrue would be a low ranked techie who's only claim to interest is that her boyfriend got offed, Andy would be the Desert Tiger who occasionally orders war crimes, Rau would be machinating the end of humanity, Kira's parents would be wondering how their son is doing in college, Kira would be moaning over Athrun while his friends have fun as civies, and Uzumi would be preaching pacificism as his nation helps build giant war machines.
Quote:
also maybe a spinoff series involved the failed prototype of the Ultimate Coordinator that is canard pars
50 episodes?
Quote:
or else a series specila on the events after 5min ova to the hour before GSD.
That would be the Seed Movie, if it ever comes out.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 11:05   Link #771
ThoHell

There was an OVA somewhat like a prequel: Gundam Seed Stargazer. It didn't have our main heros or anything, so I don't know how interested you would be with it.
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 05:31   Link #772
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
It's not a prequel. It's happening the same time as that of the current conflict. It was, in a way, the EA view on things. See Gundam SEED CE 73: Stargazer.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 14:52   Link #773
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
The only way this movie can be more epic than the series is if Rau is still alive, or something equally crazy like that. Frankly, a movie prequel wouldn't work. Rau vs Mwu would be all kinds of awesome, but it'd be mobile suits vs crappy mobile armors... pretty boring. There'd also be a lack of other cast--all the kids from GS and GSD wouldn't be there, and while that's really not a bad thing, having kids in the show is half the marketing.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 23:52   Link #774
Cherudim Arche

How about mixing GS with astray for a 50 episode series?
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:12   Link #775
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Just don't let Fukuda take the director helm for that project and Morosawa doing the writing for that project, or they'll find ways to put Kira and company in there by means of some poorly written/plotted plot hole.

Old 2007-12-11, 00:15   Link #776
Cherudim Arche

I don't it can be done, it is just a wild idea, it doesn't have to be by Fukuda.

Solution: infinite plothole loops from beginning to end, wait GSD already did that.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:15   Link #777
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Just don't let Fukuda take the director helm for that project and Morosawa doing the writing for that project, or they'll find ways to put Kira and company in there by means of some poorly written/plotted plot hole.
Well of course Kira and company will be there, along with Lowe and company. That's what you get when you mix GS and Astray.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:17   Link #778
Cherudim Arche

Technical they might imply it but, not really anything else.

Singing contest by Lowe and Kira anyone.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:20   Link #779
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

@ monstert

I was kind of referring to the Destiny kind of treatment, granted if this was an Astray-centric show, and have Kira and company STEAL the limelight again.

Old 2007-12-11, 00:21   Link #780
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Singing contest by Lowe and Kira anyone.
More like a love triangle between Birdy, Haro, and 8. It'll be even better than the implied-but-never-came-to-fruition triangle between Kira-Fllay-Cagalli.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep