AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-14, 04:29   Link #9241
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
WHY DOESN'T ANY CHARACTERS IN THE CE-VERSE HAVE NAILS?
fucking hiraifaces. No nails too, this is all destinys fault.
You forgot “eyes as big as oranges” and “noses with no holes” .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 11:18   Link #9242
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You forgot “eyes as big as oranges” and “noses with no holes” .
This gene manipulation bullshit has created abominations, For a pure and blue world?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 11:41   Link #9243
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Cover of SEED RE: 3
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:06   Link #9244
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
What is that?
Aquaman OS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:15   Link #9245
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
What is that?
It's kinda like a revision of SEED/SEED Manga.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 02:15   Link #9246
Kikuchi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 26
I don't come to Animesuki that much anymore, but I used to be a regular when Destiny was first broadcasted: the insanity of multi-dozens pages threads for each episodes, pros and antis shitting on each other all week, people scrambling for TV listings to find spoilers about next episodes... Damn.
I'm living in Japan and since GSD Remaster is broadcasted at a time I'm always home I watch it every week for nostalgia purpose, despite hating the original. Over the years, I came to terms with Destiny broader themes, the general story, the characters, mainly thanks to its retelling through various games.

Watching this remaster and reading the discussion in this topic sure brings me back, it's pretty incredible. And I had kind of forgot how terrible it could get thanks to not watching the series or the SEs in over 5 or 6 years lol
My latest encounter with the Cosmic Era is in the latest Super Robot Wars game on 3DS, where GSD stuff already occured some time ago and Shinn is a pretty cool big bro type, going back to seeing him acting as he does in Destiny is... Ahahah.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 15:13   Link #9247
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
I don't come to Animesuki that much anymore, but I used to be a regular when Destiny was first broadcasted: the insanity of multi-dozens pages threads for each episodes, pros and antis shitting on each other all week, people scrambling for TV listings to find spoilers about next episodes... Damn.
I'm living in Japan and since GSD Remaster is broadcasted at a time I'm always home I watch it every week for nostalgia purpose, despite hating the original. Over the years, I came to terms with Destiny broader themes, the general story, the characters, mainly thanks to its retelling through various games.

Watching this remaster and reading the discussion in this topic sure brings me back, it's pretty incredible. And I had kind of forgot how terrible it could get thanks to not watching the series or the SEs in over 5 or 6 years lol
My latest encounter with the Cosmic Era is in the latest Super Robot Wars game on 3DS, where GSD stuff already occured some time ago and Shinn is a pretty cool big bro type, going back to seeing him acting as he does in Destiny is... Ahahah.
......I envy you

for simply living in Japan and having access to all the great games and gunpla without having to pay for premium and shipping.........
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 19:25   Link #9248
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
I don't come to Animesuki that much anymore, but I used to be a regular when Destiny was first broadcasted: the insanity of multi-dozens pages threads for each episodes, pros and antis shitting on each other all week, people scrambling for TV listings to find spoilers about next episodes... Damn.
I'm living in Japan and since GSD Remaster is broadcasted at a time I'm always home I watch it every week for nostalgia purpose, despite hating the original. Over the years, I came to terms with Destiny broader themes, the general story, the characters, mainly thanks to its retelling through various games.

Watching this remaster and reading the discussion in this topic sure brings me back, it's pretty incredible. And I had kind of forgot how terrible it could get thanks to not watching the series or the SEs in over 5 or 6 years lol
My latest encounter with the Cosmic Era is in the latest Super Robot Wars game on 3DS, where GSD stuff already occured some time ago and Shinn is a pretty cool big bro type, going back to seeing him acting as he does in Destiny is... Ahahah.
Best thing about the SRW 3DS game is that Shinn and Lunamaria finally got their Love Love Combo Attack between the Destiny and Impulse. It has been fan requested for the longest time. Now fans want a longer and HD Version for SRW Z3 as Shinn is one the main non-banpresto original characters of the Z Franchise.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 20:49   Link #9249
Scorpiopt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
why are you focusing on nails? thats hardly an issue CE universe has more important issues than that crap
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 21:45   Link #9250
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
why are you focusing on nails? thats hardly an issue CE universe has more important issues than that crap
I assume you have not been consistently following this thread/ not following at all over the past few weeks/months

Our topic became that we have more or less covered/recovered everything to bitch about

So we decided to find the smallest things to bitch about :3
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:07   Link #9251
Scorpiopt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I assume you have not been consistently following this thread/ not following at all over the past few weeks/months

Our topic became that we have more or less covered/recovered everything to bitch about

So we decided to find the smallest things to bitch about :3
in that case i sugest that people move on and get a life because arguing about these type of things is insanity
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:36   Link #9252
S.Freedom
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: On the edge of insanity
Age: 34
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
arguing about these type of things is insanity
Why thank you for the compliment, you need not be so kind.

And for the record we do have lives thank you very much. It's just that part of that life happens to include arguing about "insane" things in our free time.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:52   Link #9253
Deadpool2000
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I'd almost forgotten this episode. Anyone find it weird how QUICKLY the Freedom catches up to the space shuttle? The implication in Seed is that it can't leave the atmosphere in this own power, but the implication here seems to be the complete opposite...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 06:44   Link #9254
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Anyone find it weird how QUICKLY the Freedom catches up to the space shuttle? The implication in Seed is that it can't leave the atmosphere in this own power, but the implication here seems to be the complete opposite...
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Everybody knows that SEED Destiny abandoned many of its own logic created in SEED just for the ‘kewl factor’ .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 07:07   Link #9255
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Cover of SEED RE: 3
just want to add that first and second volume are out in amazon kindle
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%A9%9F%E5...83%80%E3%83%A0

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%A9%9F%E5...83%80%E3%83%A0
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 08:08   Link #9256
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
I'd almost forgotten this episode. Anyone find it weird how QUICKLY the Freedom catches up to the space shuttle? The implication in Seed is that it can't leave the atmosphere in this own power, but the implication here seems to be the complete opposite...
The Orb ship was also being catapulted into space by a rail system along with it's rockets. Even if Justice had been able to catch up to them eventually, being left behind would probably be fatal due to the Earth Alliance being in the area.

Freedom might be able to go into space on it's own, provided it has the fuel, and fuel economy has never been an issue in Seed. Emphasis has always been on battery life.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 15:08   Link #9257
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
I'd almost forgotten this episode. Anyone find it weird how QUICKLY the Freedom catches up to the space shuttle? The implication in Seed is that it can't leave the atmosphere in this own power, but the implication here seems to be the complete opposite...
I don't think it was ever stated that the Freedom couldn't exit the atmosphere. It is fueled by nuclear power so it likely has the power to do so. and outside the battle of ORB there was never a reason to bring up. at that time due to the urgency taking the ship was safer and faster.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:01   Link #9258
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I don't think it was ever stated that the Freedom couldn't exit the atmosphere. It is fueled by nuclear power so it likely has the power to do so.
*headdesk*

All the power in the world won't do anything if the Freedom's thrusters couldn't attain escape velocity. Given that no MS in any Gundam show has ever had the decency to be shown breaking the sound barrier, the Freedom is about 34 Machs short of hitting escape velocity.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 17:20   Link #9259
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
*headdesk*

All the power in the world won't do anything if the Freedom's thrusters couldn't attain escape velocity. Given that no MS in any Gundam show has ever had the decency to be shown breaking the sound barrier, the Freedom is about 34 Machs short of hitting escape velocity.
yes but we're also talking about a show that's pumping out new technology on a regular basis, Generally it takes years of research to build some of these new technology not months. The Archangel was once able to escape the atmosphere using it's weapons rather than pure speed.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 17:54   Link #9260
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
yes but we're also talking about a show that's pumping out new technology on a regular basis, Generally it takes years of research to build some of these new technology not months. The Archangel was once able to escape the atmosphere using it's weapons rather than pure speed.
Yes, but we're also talking about basic presentation as well. The Archangel was shown escaping the atmosphere, so we can assume at least some ships can. Was the Freedom or any other MS shown doing the same? No.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.