AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-07-01, 20:10   Link #11561
brightman
Ancient Member

Z and ZZ are still on Daisuki's channel... So I guess there's no need to overlap
Old 2014-07-28, 14:49   Link #11562
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Lego Archangel anyone?

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 22:16   Link #11563
IceHism

Is it past gundam seed destiny's 10 year anniversary yet?
IceHism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 22:41   Link #11564
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Is it past gundam seed destiny's 10 year anniversary yet?
I believe that's in October.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 13:49   Link #11565
weirdguy

I can't believe I'm still hoping that there might be some announcement on the day of the 10th year, but Sunrise already have enough work to do: GBF season 2, G Reco, and The Origin.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 08:57   Link #11566
thieftheodore
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
I can't believe I'm still hoping that there might be some announcement on the day of the 10th year, but Sunrise already have enough work to do: GBF season 2, G Reco, and The Origin.
and fukufa also works in this anime
Old 2014-08-03, 16:44   Link #11567
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieftheodore View Post
and fukufa also works in this anime
Is the creative producer a position that requires a lot of work? I wonder what fukuda is doing there after coming out of hiding after so long...
Old 2014-08-04, 07:14   Link #11568
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Is the creative producer a position that requires a lot of work? I wonder what fukuda is doing there after coming out of hiding after so long...
He's putting everyone on the same page to avoid clusterfuck and inconsistencies.

(At least Morosawa isn't involved)
Old 2014-08-06, 10:22   Link #11569
weirdguy

Watching the trailer, the suit definitely took reference from Freedom, Strike Freedom, and Destiny.

Quote:
I wouldn't say he went into hiding considering how he worked on the HD remaster of SEED and Destiny/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
He's putting everyone on the same page to avoid clusterfuck and inconsistencies.

(At least Morosawa isn't involved)
I really really really really want Fukuda to write his own version of Destiny though. I'm pretty sure he barely worked on the script at all considering how Morosawa was the head writer with several writers working on the script too. One thing that Destiny couldn't be as good as it could have been was because of the huge cast of characters. They were trying to balance three sides at the same time, with all of the major characters from those three sides. 00 had more than three sides, but within those factions, 99% of them were not even focused on at all.
Old 2014-08-06, 10:47   Link #11570
monster

Quote:
I really really really really want Fukuda to write his own version of Destiny though.
Is Fukuda a writer?
Old 2014-08-06, 16:29   Link #11571
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

No, I'm pretty sure Fukuda isn't. Man people really hate Morosawa

Anyway, for the ones who can't watch the episode like me here it is the Strike Rouge and Strike Freedom scene in HD Remaster

Old 2014-08-06, 16:58   Link #11572
weirdguy

But I will give Morosawa credit in Destiny for the downfall of Shinn and his contrst to Athrun and Kira from Destiny. I found that to be one of the most well done thing about Destiny.
Old 2014-08-06, 23:39   Link #11573
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
But I will give Morosawa credit in Destiny for the downfall of Shinn and his contrst to Athrun and Kira from Destiny. I found that to be one of the most well done thing about Destiny.
...you do realise that Shinn's downfall came about because Morosawa was being a collosal bitch to Naomi Shindo, Cagalli's VA, and when Kenichi Suzumura called out Morosawa on her being a bitch, she basically wrote Shinn's downfall to get back at him.

You do realise that. Right?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 03:12   Link #11574
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...you do realise that Shinn's downfall came about because Morosawa was being a collosal bitch to Naomi Shindo, Cagalli's VA, and when Kenichi Suzumura called out Morosawa on her being a bitch, she basically wrote Shinn's downfall to get back at him.

Are you sure that's true and not just speculation or confirmation bias?
Old 2014-08-07, 04:45   Link #11575
IceHism

I'm pretty sure Shinn was never meant to be redeemable in the first place. I think they(Fukuda) compared him to anakin from star wars?

Though I can't say whether it would be a better story if Shinn joined the voice of reason aka Kira.

Also, I thought morosawa stopped writing the later episodes of seed destiny because of cancer and that Fukuda made most of the end(so we wouldn't know what morosawa actually intended the ending to be). That was why there was a big argument between them and what happened to athrun and cagali as a couple
Old 2014-08-07, 06:08   Link #11576
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Are you sure that's true and not just speculation or confirmation bias?
It's not, Naomi Shindou flat out refuse to voice Cagalli in future CE material no matter what
Old 2014-08-07, 08:55   Link #11577
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Now, you totally misunderstood what I meant... The downfall I meant was Shinn, from a "hero", into an anti-hero. He lost his family, which was the beginning of his decent. This resulted him trying to be a hero, acting on impulse. Moving on, he freed the slaves in that new Alliance base, but doesn't realize what those freed slaves were doing while he was receiving praise. While at the same time, Athrun notices it. Later on, he meets Stella, and sees her as a sister, and another one of those tragic people that the war brought upon them. But when Kira kills her, this brought Shinn down even more. Shinn having to suffer again. He felt no remorse when he destroyed the Freedom, and just went about laughing. Even later on, Shinn killed Athrun and Meyrin, two of the people he cared about. This really brought him down, in addition to doing it b/c Rey and Durandal ordered it. It's even worst when he found them to be alive. But at that point, he's beyond saving. He's almost completely fallen. His final downfall was when he didn't hesitate to kill Luna. This truly shows he's no longer the hero he wanted to be.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Shinn was never meant to be redeemable in the first place. I think they(Fukuda) compared him to anakin from star wars?

Though I can't say whether it would be a better story if Shinn joined the voice of reason aka Kira.

Also, I thought morosawa stopped writing the later episodes of seed destiny because of cancer and that Fukuda made most of the end(so we wouldn't know what morosawa actually intended the ending to be). That was why there was a big argument between them and what happened to athrun and cagali as a couple
Morosawa never stopped writing at all. She finished up Destiny, and even got the basic storyline for the movie done. So, I don't really know where you got that from. All Fukuda really did was in charge of the animation really. That's why I said I wanted Fukuda to write his own Destiny.
Old 2014-08-07, 10:50   Link #11578
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
It's not, Naomi Shindou flat out refuse to voice Cagalli in future CE material no matter what
Naomi may or may not have a problem, but I'm talking about the claim that Cagalli's and Shinn's roles were supposedly a result of some grudge/revenge effort on the part of the head writer.
Old 2014-08-07, 12:35   Link #11579
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Who the hell knows anymore? Fukuda has flip-flopped on so many statements concerning SEED that you can't trust what's said to be known as fact or not. For that matter, who the hell cares? It's extremely unlikely at this point that SEED will get any kind of continuation in the near future.
Old 2014-08-07, 12:46   Link #11580
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

By the way, did the remaster change the first ending with Result through all its first 13 episodes or it was just for one?

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep