AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-21, 10:15   Link #1541
tanqexe
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Arch City
Given Hirai's "clone-them-all" character design strategy at the time of SEED's production, God forbid that all the characters shave their heads bald and go into a monastery...it'll be hard to tell them apart from a distance. He's sort of made up for it with Linebarrels of Iron.
__________________
tanqexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 02:33   Link #1542
boredandsleepy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Here and there, Asia and North America
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga_CE View Post
News about the Gundam SEED movie :

http://www.cosmic-era.com/forum/inde...opic=475.0#new (French)

Quick summary : Mitsuo Fukuda says that he is "working" on the Gundam SEED movie (the preproduction process has begun), and that he wants the movie to be officially announced during 2009.
Yes, according to Sunrise Radio EX broadcast on January 4, 2009, besides New Year greeting, Fukuda mentioned that he's aware of many people's concerning about the Gundam Seed movie, but he will definitely make it. Maybe this year he would announce something.

Here is his actual voice between 16:00 and 16:40 at the link below:

http://lantis-net.com/sunrise/005l.asx
boredandsleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 23:03   Link #1543
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Announcement coming soon??

From Sankakucomplex:

Quote:
The Anime Newtype Channel’s blog reports Gundam SEED head screenwriter Chiaki Morosawa as suggesting there will be an official announcement (on the SEED movie) coming soon at the recent Kadokawa Shoten New Year’s party.

The Gundam SEED storyline, beginning with the 2002 original series and continued by the 2005 Gundam SEED: Destiny sequel, has been in limbo since writer Morosawa’s problems with cancer surfaced in 2008 and the unnamed theatrical film that is said to wrap up the SEED storyline has since been on hiatus.

The writer of Anime Newtype Channel’s blog, professional author Shinya Yamada, spoke of inquiring about the new Gundam SEED movie during a meeting with Chiaki Morosawa but did not offer any details of her response. When pressed by a commentor on the site for more information, he responded:

Quote:
As a fan myself, I am quite concerned about it (the film) as well.

In any case, it does seem that there will be an announcement coming soon, so please wait a bit longer.
Not a confirmation by any stretch of the imagination, but it at least a sign of Morosawa’s intent to continue writing the SEED series’ final story.

Via Anime Newtype Channel.
__________________
Copyright © 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 00:32   Link #1544
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Wow, maybe she was this sick during GSD and just hiding it and that's why the scripts kept being late...I mean I know he loves his wife and all, but maybe writing Gundam isn't what she should be focusing on right now...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 02:27   Link #1545
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 27
This show pwns the Gundam SEED movie... a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYncrdqIVGQ
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 18:32   Link #1546
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Wow, maybe she was this sick during GSD and just hiding it and that's why the scripts kept being late...I mean I know he loves his wife and all, but maybe writing Gundam isn't what she should be focusing on right now...
No, what she said was that the illness was from back when the first Seed finished airing, and then she got better during Destiny... But it came right back after Destiny ended, so she was undergoing treatments.

Since she couldn't write the script because she was undergoing treatments, the assumption is that she's recovered now that the movie's back.
__________________
Copyright © 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 20:30   Link #1547
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
really this cancer that morosawa got really must have serious during those GS times.

& well when the big announcement for gsm arrive i guess we all knows there might be gsm.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 01:05   Link #1548
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
No, what she said was that the illness was from back when the first Seed finished airing, and then she got better during Destiny... But it came right back after Destiny ended, so she was undergoing treatments.

Since she couldn't write the script because she was undergoing treatments, the assumption is that she's recovered now that the movie's back.
But when you say "she got better", doesn't that imply she was still sick or recovering from a serious illness? Getting better "during" GSD means she was still sick...In any event, I don't think it's a stretch to think relapses from cancer could have been an issue with scripts (Since it certainly was the case with this movie)...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 16:02   Link #1549
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
regarding seed destiny, last night i couldn't sleep, so i opened up youtube and a recommended video was part of the last ep. so i figured i'd laugh at it and watch it. but it was different from the one that aired however many years ago. they had Athrun in the last scene with the shooting and there was an added scene where they all meet up at the memorial. is this the DVD release with the extras?

the way they ended it makes it seem like there can be no major conflict in this gundam universe. Cagalli is the head of Orb and Lacus is the head of PLANT. If they do the assassination plot, Kira would end the universe if Lacus died, so i can see them killing off Cagalli and placing the blame on Plant... But still, thats a pretty weak plot especially if they have to fight against Kira and Athrun (who would no doubt be pissed, even if canonically he's not with her)..

ps, i laughed at Shinn and Luna's expression when Athrun was like, "this is Kira Yamato, he's Freedom's pilot." and Meylin and Luna were like, holy shit, its Lacus..
pps, the scene where all the retreat signals were firing was really well done. this edited ending almost makes me change my opinion on the rest of the series... the Kira and Lacus hug is enough to make me happy...

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-01-29 at 16:14.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 16:24   Link #1550
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
regarding seed destiny, last night i couldn't sleep, so i opened up youtube and a recommended video was part of the last ep. so i figured i'd laugh at it and watch it. but it was different from the one that aired however many years ago. they had Athrun in the last scene with the shooting and there was an added scene where they all meet up at the memorial. is this the DVD release with the extras?

the way they ended it makes it seem like there can be no major conflict in this gundam universe. Cagalli is the head of Orb and Lacus is the head of PLANT. If they do the assassination plot, Kira would end the universe if Lacus died, so i can see them killing off Cagalli and placing the blame on Plant... But still, thats a pretty weak plot especially if they have to fight against Kira and Athrun (who would no doubt be pissed, even if canonically he's not with her)..

ps, i laughed at Shinn and Luna's expression when Athrun was like, "this is Kira Yamato, he's Freedom's pilot." and Meylin and Luna were like, holy shit, its Lacus..
pps, the scene where all the retreat signals were firing was really well done. this edited ending almost makes me change my opinion on the rest of the series... the Kira and Lacus hug is enough to make me happy...
well the end of GSD was a three piece puzzel first from final phase then mix it with final plus to have athrun include then shinn meet kira then add lacus kira hug with some shocks despite some of the original GS characters & meyrin know of it & finally with lacus cagalli walking to the meeting rooms.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 17:58   Link #1551
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the way they ended it makes it seem like there can be no major conflict in this gundam universe. Cagalli is the head of Orb and Lacus is the head of PLANT. If they do the assassination plot, Kira would end the universe if Lacus died, so i can see them killing off Cagalli and placing the blame on Plant... But still, thats a pretty weak plot especially if they have to fight against Kira and Athrun (who would no doubt be pissed, even if canonically he's not with her)..
Well, remember one thing. Lacus and co in Destiny didn't do anything to solve the problems that started the war in the first place. Naturals hate coordinators for both being so superior and for continuing to drop death from space, coordinators still fear for their lives and look down on the naturals, and making money from weapons is still profitable.

Pretty much like the aftereffects of the first war, in other words, except this time there was a clear loser: the Earth, which Durandle trounced at every turn. Lacus claimed more power over the Earth than anyone else since who knows when, but she still didn't solve any of the problems that Durandle nearly did.

Unfortunately, that likely means yet ANOTHER war with Earthlings acting as petty and narrow-minded bumbling idiots...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 21:16   Link #1552
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Well, remember one thing. Lacus and co in Destiny didn't do anything to solve the problems that started the war in the first place. Naturals hate coordinators for both being so superior and for continuing to drop death from space, coordinators still fear for their lives and look down on the naturals, and making money from weapons is still profitable.
Over the course of Destiny though it seems the whole Natural/Coordinator conflict had been thrown by the wayside with the revelation of Logos and the fact that the Blue Cosmos as well as Dullindal were both involved with them, making the whole issue one about warmongers rather than racism...

In fact both Naturals and Coordinators seemed to willingly support the Destiny plan, so it seemed that the conflict is indeed over...

I guess without Dullindal though, it could come right back... But then we would just have more superweapons being thrown around back and forth.
__________________
Copyright © 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 21:31   Link #1553
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Why not hire back the writer in GS for the movie then? I know Morosawa was responsible for the GSD, but I thought GS had another script writer?

and I doubt Morosawa's sickness caused GSD script to go downhill...the downfall of the GSD is reused scene lol

The reason I say that is I saw another anime by Fukuda+Morosawa..."cyber formula"...originally only Fukuda was involved, but once Morosawa became the official script writer for the "cyber formula", then reused scene started to appear everywhere like GSD....XD
and it was a 5 episodes OVA!!!!

I haven't seen other series by Fukuda+Morosawa besides cyber formula and GSD, but I begin to suspect it's their style to deploy reused footage....
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 21:43   Link #1554
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Why not hire back the writer in GS for the movie then? I know Morosawa was responsible for the GSD, but I thought GS had another script writer?
Morosawa has been Fukuda's scriptwriter since Cyber Formula Saga. Morosawa however was more hands-off in GS, so while she was the lead writer, she did not write the script, or part of the script, for every episode.

Quote:
and I doubt Morosawa's sickness caused GSD script to go downhill...the downfall of the GSD is reused scene lol
Its been said by one of the animation directors that the reason for all the reused scenes is because the animators did not have enough time to animate due Morosawa handing in late scripts

Quote:
The reason I say that is I saw another anime by Fukuda+Morosawa..."cyber formula"...originally only Fukuda was involved, but once Morosawa became the official script writer for the "cyber formula", then reused scene started to appear everywhere like GSD....XD
and it was a 5 episodes OVA!!!!
CF had always had plenty of stock footage and recaps, even before Morosawa came aboard. The TV series was much, much worse than Saga or Sin, which had fairly good animation.

Quote:
I haven't seen other series by Fukuda+Morosawa besides cyber formula and GSD, but I begin to suspect it's their style to deploy reused footage....
Gear Fighter Dendoh also had plenty of stock footages, though its a super robot show, so they're kinda expected.
__________________
Copyright © 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 21:48   Link #1555
Fishfood1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Not Antarctica?
my feeling is after GSD, they pretty much killed every bad guy out there, and blue cosmos seems to be useless without logos. so i really can't see what the seed movie can do, other than excessive show time for kira and lacus... which doesn't do anything really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
the downfall of the GSD is reused scene lol
to me it's the cast hijacking, bringing back old cast put the nail on the coffin for GSD. i mean i'd find GSD watchable when it was focusing on shin and the new characters, but after the cast hijacking, it spiraled downward endlessly
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 22:38   Link #1556
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Over the course of Destiny though it seems the whole Natural/Coordinator conflict had been thrown by the wayside with the revelation of Logos and the fact that the Blue Cosmos as well as Dullindal were both involved with them, making the whole issue one about warmongers rather than racism...
Logos exploited the sentiments, but they were already there. Offing LOGOS merely offed the current ring of weapon merchants, it didn't change the system.

Quote:

In fact both Naturals and Coordinators seemed to willingly support the Destiny plan, so it seemed that the conflict is indeed over...
Except that people supported the Destiny plan because it would have established peace. Lacus Clyne nicely blew up that opportunity, leaving the conflicts and underlying causes to remain and fester.
Quote:
I guess without Dullindal though, it could come right back... But then we would just have more superweapons being thrown around back and forth.
Indeed. Since NJC-suits are already considered superweapons and worth being banned by treaty, Clyne-sama already has the lead in that weapons race.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 22:44   Link #1557
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Logos exploited the sentiments, but they were already there. Offing LOGOS merely offed the current ring of weapon merchants, it didn't change the system.

Except that people supported the Destiny plan because it would have established peace. Lacus Clyne nicely blew up that opportunity, leaving the conflicts and underlying causes to remain and fester.
Indeed. Since NJC-suits are already considered superweapons and worth being banned by treaty, Clyne-sama already has the lead in that weapons race.
It sounds like the consensus is Lacus is going to be one tough girlfriend. Quite a contrast from that innocent girl image she tried to put across in Seed.

I wonder what happened in between the two years of Seed & Destiny. Was Kira really that much of a downer for her that caused her to explore her goth side?
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 22:54   Link #1558
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
I would pay for more Kira x Lacus screen time.. my sudden infusion of SEED and Destiny reminded me of why i supported them in the first place.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 23:32   Link #1559
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
I would pay for more Kira x Lacus screen time.. my sudden infusion of SEED and Destiny reminded me of why i supported them in the first place.
Because they just stared at each other going

"Kira..."
"Lacus..."
"Kira...!"
"Lacus...!"
"Kira!"
"Lacus!"


and yet never kissing, saying 'I love yous', or even half of the emotion (let alone physical contact) that Kira had with Flay?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 23:48   Link #1560
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
ooh, don't bring that up again.. i blame the poor writing in Destiny for portraying them like that. its shown in the special edition that they do hug... i would say that Lacus was my third character love... haha

i do respect Flay and Kira in the sense that they had enough of a relationship to warrant a "soul bonding," but the shinn and Stellar was painful to watch..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.