AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-11, 14:18   Link #221
GipFace

With Akira going against Konata!
Wrong. It's Nekoneko Tenshi Yuuna (notice the wings) against Minamo Narukaze. Not to mention the fact that Hiro's ringtune is Nekoneko Tenshi Yuuna's theme.

That being said, there were a number of issues with Nuke's fansub. Guess I should do it myself... -_-;
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 15:33   Link #222
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
hee hee if that was aimed at me, then I kinda guessed her problem, but its her story line that has me really excited and how it is going to pan out.

Spoiler for some thoughts on Chihiro's story line:
Or if, Memento style, she edits her own memories. Very troubling stuff if this guesswork proves true. I have to admit that she did indeed seem like someone who had heard about what happened the previous day, rather than someone who actually lived through it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 15:49   Link #223
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I havent checked this out. Directed at the more expierenced viewers is it worth making time for?
Old 2007-10-11, 17:45   Link #224
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I havent checked this out. Directed at the more expierenced viewers is it worth making time for?
I would say yes in my books (though i may not be the most experienced viewer to say that XD).
This is a unique story which focuses on more than one (real) male lead - which is rather rare these days where harems usually only revolve around one guy (who has a bunch of stupid male friends ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 19:41   Link #225
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Or if, Memento style, she edits her own memories. Very troubling stuff if this guesswork proves true. I have to admit that she did indeed seem like someone who had heard about what happened the previous day, rather than someone who actually lived through it.
Thanks for the link on Memento as I haven't seen it. If she does have anterograde amnesia (I never knew the details or name of this), it would be a terrible thing to suffer from. At least she can still learn new skills. But thinking about a person suffering from this situation, she would have to edit the length of what she reads the next day or she wouldn't have enough time before she forgets what she has already read...

I do find it worrying that a page blew away in epi 1.
Old 2007-10-11, 20:20   Link #226
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Okay, going to try and articulate my thoughts on this episode now...I have no idea where SHAFT is going with this, but it's not really to my taste. From what I've seen of Shinkai Makoto's game trailer, it feels as if the visual styles of Shinkai and SHAFT just don't complement each other. Furthermore, the way SHAFT handled the storyline, at least from the first episode, felt similar to the way Toei handled AIR the Movie; it's almost as if SHAFT was telling its own story, rather than doing an adaptation. Moreover, if KyoAni put nitrous oxide into the storyline for CLANNAD (TV) Ep 01, SHAFT swapped in a rocket engine for ef ~a tale of memories~ Ep 01's storyline. I have no idea on the original storyline of the VN, so I can't say for certain, but it simply wasn't what I expected. What exactly it's supposed to be....I have no idea.

This is just a first impression, though. Once I've gone through it a few more times, I'll do that blog post on it. In the meantime, anyone care to enlighten me on what more I should expect from SHAFT's style?

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2007-10-11 at 20:27. Reason: I might have been discussing something against the rules without knowing it......gomenasai!!!!
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 21:10   Link #227
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
After ep 1 I don't know what to think

Could somebody answer my question about ep1 and knows alot about the game:

Spoiler for question ep1.:
Spoiler:
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 22:56   Link #228
ElementSun

As expected, Tenmon's music was very enjoyable to hear. It seems as if there's three different storylines taking place here...

Why is it that the girl with the eyepatch resembles Hiro's sister?
ElementSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 23:16   Link #229
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Ok, my only complaint at this point is Yuuki Tai not using his sexy Naru voice for Kyosuke!! Dang and I was looking foward to that.

But I liked the animation and the story so Ill overlook that one aspect for now
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 23:18   Link #230
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementSun View Post
Because they're sisters -- she calls her "Kei-onee-chan" at the end of her segment. Actually, I thought that was one of the neatest things about the show -- all the stories seem intricately related to each other.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 23:22   Link #231
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementSun View Post
As expected, Tenmon's music was very enjoyable to hear. It seems as if there's three different storylines taking place here...

Chihiro and Kei? They're sisters. (Shindou)

EDIT: Ahaha~ Got beat.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 02:17   Link #232
godraziert

The story seems interesting . . . can't wait to find out more about the different characters. The music's pretty sweet and complement the scenes pretty well so far, not bad for a first ep
Old 2007-10-12, 03:42   Link #233
Mashimaro
q8D

Loving the series and only the first episode is out.

Quick question, anybody know the name of the song on the official site? "ELISA" is that the person or the title?
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 04:57   Link #234
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
Quick question, anybody know the name of the song on the official site? "ELISA" is that the person or the title?
ELISA is the singer's name. Song's title is "euphoric field".

It will be the opening song, most likely starting from the next episode.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 06:07   Link #235
Mashimaro
q8D

Awesome, that's great. Thanks!

Now to wait for the OP cd.
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 06:11   Link #236
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
As I already posted this before... the OP will be released this 24th october ^^"
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 06:40   Link #237
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Wow, that first episode was... surreal. I'm really not sure what to think about it. It's almost as if three different directors are all wrestling for control of the show. Still, the music is pretty, and it definitely has that 'wtf am I watching?' thing going for it, so I guess I'll hang around for a bit.

And here I was hoping for a quiet romance while I wait for 5cm. Little did I know that Shinbo was on board.
Old 2007-10-12, 06:42   Link #238
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I would say yes in my books (though i may not be the most experienced viewer to say that XD).
This is a unique story which focuses on more than one (real) male lead - which is rather rare these days where harems usually only revolve around one guy (who has a bunch of stupid male friends ).
Thanks DK btw i count you in the expierence viewer club its all good I think im going to check out this weekend.
Old 2007-10-12, 06:58   Link #239
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Before, I haven't complained about pacing or transitions. But with this series? It's absolutely fast with the former, and it seems they have no regard for the latter. I felt like I was jolted all over the place throughout the entire episode, switching back and forth between 4 groups (the three main guys and the short haired heroine with cell phone). A disturbing experience to say the least.

Only saving grace is the 'mystery' of eye-patch girl, which one can easily deduce. And there's something about those two people waiting in the church as well...

Hmm... let's see... if I had to rate it, it would be a 3/10. Easily the worst first impression of the new season, IMO.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 08:05   Link #240
arkxkra
全力全開

Abit disappointed when watching ep1, can't stand the way they make the series.
But will continue watching for few episode...

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft