AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-30, 20:38   Link #421
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
One other thing I'm curious about; from what has been inferred from Hiro's past so far, it seems that he was born into a rich family. Moreover, Kei's confession that she was at fault for causing him to have to work....I wonder what happened?
Spoiler for If you really want to know right now...:
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 23:30   Link #422
MidoriHiME

I love how Hiro still talks to Kei on a daily basis but doesn't even seem to acknowledge Chihiro's existence. Same goes for Kei. I'm sure there's a reason, but seriously...no wonder she's so miserable.
Old 2007-10-30, 23:35   Link #423
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriHiME View Post
Same goes for Kei. I'm sure there's a reason, but seriously...no wonder she's so miserable.
Kei does e-mail Chihiro.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 23:47   Link #424
MidoriHiME

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Kei does e-mail Chihiro.
I meant physical conversation...you'd think Kei'd do her sister the honor of talking to her face, wouldn't you? =/
Old 2007-10-30, 23:48   Link #425
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Am curious about Hiro and Chihiro. I'm sure he knows about her condition, just haven't seen him make any contact for some reason or another. We have seen Kei e-mail but nothing really on the Hiro end so far.

Maybe they keep distance in general because it'd remind her how much they've changed from the days Chihiro can remember. Has to be a reason the physical distance is kept. Chihiro was upset just about how Renji started to know her better than she did. Not sure how she'd feel about Kei and Hiro right now.
Old 2007-10-31, 00:24   Link #426
MidoriHiME

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe they keep distance in general because it'd remind her how much they've changed from the days Chihiro can remember. Has to be a reason the physical distance is kept. Chihiro was upset just about how Renji started to know her better than she did. Not sure how she'd feel about Kei and Hiro right now.
See, but I don't think Kei or Hiro DO know her anymore...I think that would be more, not LESS painful for her. She may say she doesn't like people knowing her better than she does, but...wouldn't it also be painful for her to realize that those who knew her best don't know her at all anymore? I'm guessing they're distancing themselves on Chihiro's orders ("I don't want to be a burden!"), but listening to something like that is just stupid...I really doubt Chihiro ever actually wanted to be alone, despite what she said.
Old 2007-10-31, 00:30   Link #427
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Have to say several moments in episode 4 left me in awe. Hiro drawing the manga followed by Miyako's visit. Chihiro falling in sync with the wave crashing was a really nice touch. I would feel sorry for Kei, but since she hesitated to make her move she will get no sympathy here. Was anybody else surprised at how bold Renji was at the end of this episode? I definitely did not see that coming for at least 4 more episodes. This show needs more Kyosuke and church-dwellers IMO. I think the other 5 have received significant screentime already. Especially Chihiro and Renji.
Old 2007-10-31, 00:57   Link #428
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Am curious about Miyako's family. She seemed pretty quick to change the subject when Hiro brought it up. Might be something going on there.
I wonder if they bought the farm in the earthquake that was mentioned a couple of times in the previous episodes.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 06:00   Link #429
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
I wonder if they bought the farm in the earthquake that was mentioned a couple of times in the previous episodes.
Farm..? I don't recall any farm mentioned in the series at all, can you quote them?
Old 2007-10-31, 07:13   Link #430
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 4

This is setting itself up for some great drama. I wouldn't say this was as good as the last ep, since that was filled with lots of drama and pathos and whatnot, but this had all the subtle precursors for that sort of stuff, as well as some great character interactions and (shock, since this is rare in anime, IMO) good dialogue. "Why does someone else know me better than I know myself" is the sort of caliber of line that I wish we saw more of in anime drama. Oh well.

As people have said, there's lots of chemistry between Kei, Hirono and Miyako, which makes their scenes together so absorbing and, in the few instances where this show isn't deadly serious, entertaining. And the symbolism is well done as well, eg, that scene that starts around 13:03, where Hirono states he's searching for the colour that's missing from the world, followed by Miyako entering. I thought that was really clever, and managed to say a lot about how Hirono sees Miyako without actually saying anything.

Between this and Kimikiss, one could come to a conclusion that having lots of intertwined subplots in one's romance anime is a winning formula. I'll say something foolish now like "Honey & Clover popularized it", but I'm sure there've been similarly styled romance stories, and maybe even anime, around well before that.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 12:24   Link #431
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Between this and Kimikiss, one could come to a conclusion that having lots of intertwined subplots in one's romance anime is a winning formula.
if done well that is as i feel that clannad is falling short in that area...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 12:33   Link #432
changeup

From what I saw from Air and Kanon, the main point is not about the romance between the male protagonist and the girls around him, but rather the emotional association between family members or close friends. I am thinking along the same line when watching Clannad. Yomoya will be with Nagisa for sure, but I want to know more about the stories about the other characters.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 13:21   Link #433
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Farm..? I don't recall any farm mentioned in the series at all, can you quote them?
Since it's impossible to tell when someone is joking on the internet, I'll pretend you're serious.
In American slang, 'bought the farm' = 'died.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
if done well that is as i feel that clannad is falling short in that area...
If you want to talk "formulas," CLANNAD is a completely different type of story than KimiKiss and ef.
Old 2007-10-31, 14:57   Link #434
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Since it's impossible to tell when someone is joking on the internet, I'll pretend you're serious.
I didn't know. Thanks.

In that case, nope, Miyako is not an orphan.
Old 2007-10-31, 15:10   Link #435
Turbo A's

Spoiler for Hiro as painter:

Last edited by Turbo A's; 2007-10-31 at 15:26.
Turbo A's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 15:14   Link #436
Quakis

Send a message via MSN to Quakis
Four episodes in, and this might turn out to be another of my favourites this season. I really like it, and quite fond of how Shaft present the series (that style they've used in many previous titles) Don't have much to say that already has above though.
Quakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 17:14   Link #437
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
If you want to talk "formulas," CLANNAD is a completely different type of story than KimiKiss and ef.
i know i know but fundamentally im talking about how the story changes perspective...while ef does it in such a way that it is just plain obvious i feel that it flows better than clannad for some reason :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 17:25   Link #438
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Really?

Hah...

I try not to use slang, but I'll keep that in (the back of) my mind.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 18:06   Link #439
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I really can't wait for episode 5. This show has turned into a gem.
Old 2007-10-31, 18:17   Link #440
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Anyone know the "word" for this episode's diary entry on www.ef-memo.com?

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft