AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-25, 15:45   Link #161
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
For anyone who cares, my fansub group has completed the demo and the first fandisc.

http://nnl1.com/ef

Enjoy... who knows what else you'll get from us...
Allow me to express my utmost gratitude to your group This was a short and enjoyable ride indeed.

Spoiler for demo related:
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 16:03   Link #162
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for Skyfall:
No... Just... no.
__________________
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 16:08   Link #163
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Obviously i can not fully argue that, seeing i have not played the full game and thus have very limited exposure to her. But from what i gathered in this demo, she is yet another tsundere i rather see going than coming. (No, i don't like Tsunderes, especially violent ones )
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 16:18   Link #164
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
No, I mean she's simply not a tsundere. Tsunderes start off somewhat violent and spikey but turn loving afterwards. Kei is pretty caring at the beginning already... But I guess Louise and J.C.STAFF kind of blurred the lines between mood-swingers and true tsundere. <_<;;
__________________
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 17:00   Link #165
taelrak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
You can always join Shiraishi in bringing back the true meaning of tsundere and restoring this depraved nation
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 17:29   Link #166
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
You can always join Shiraishi in bringing back the true meaning of tsundere and restoring this depraved nation
For all the ignoramous out there (me not included ), who exactly is this Shiraishi? Googling gave one too many option under that name.

Btw, for the life of me, I couldn't find the PV for the anime and I know Skyfall and few others have mentioned the existence of the PV. Any care to point that to me..
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 17:37   Link #167
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
If by PV you ment the prologue

or the trailer?

take your pick
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 17:42   Link #168
taelrak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For all the ignoramous out there (me not included ), who exactly is this Shiraishi? Googling gave one too many option under that name.

Btw, for the life of me, I couldn't find the PV for the anime and I know Skyfall and few others have mentioned the existence of the PV. Any care to point that to me..
Aah...he's a character on Lucky Star (another anime) who does a sort of talk show thing at the end of the episode. Basically he goes on to define "tsundere" and track its evolution since first used in 2002, and then starts calling for a movement to return it to its roots. Gotta have seen it
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 17:48   Link #169
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
You can always join Shiraishi in bringing back the true meaning of tsundere and restoring this depraved nation
For the record, I was there before Shiraishi, so if anyone did any joining, it was him.
__________________
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 18:07   Link #170
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
If by PV you ment the prologue

or the trailer?

take your pick
DEATHIEEEEEEE..... been a while since we have posted in the same thread...

I was looking for the promotional video (aka trailer ) from the anime. Don't care about opening from games masqueraded with shiny CGs and glitter in still frames (no offense to the game fans or fanatics such as Skyfall ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak
Aah...he's a character on Lucky Star (another anime) who does a sort of talk show thing at the end of the episode. Basically he goes on to define "tsundere" and track its evolution since first used in 2002, and then starts calling for a movement to return it to its roots. Gotta have seen it
Oh yes! .... but only a couple of episode. Either way, should have recognized the name. Thanks for the prompt answer.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 18:16   Link #171
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
DEATHIEEEEEEE..... been a while since we have posted in the same thread...

I was looking for the promotional video (aka trailer ) from the anime. Don't care about opening from games masqueraded with shiny CGs and glitter in still frames (no offense to the game fans or fanatics such as Skyfall ).
Ah, but the first link in his post is the anime preview This One

It has been subbed as well
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 18:52   Link #172
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
For a second there I thought that when people were saying Minori they were referring to Chihara Minori, which just had me going. I don't know when I think of drama/romance I don't think of her much, unless they need somebody to play a bookish character and can't find anyone else who will take the job.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 19:04   Link #173
rg4619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
In any case, where can I find some in-depth background information on ef and minori?
All I know is that minori was originally Mangazoo's software division. Until the recent breakup ComixWave, they were just a team within the larger company (that supported and published the work of independent, up-and-coming creators), which put them in contact with budding talents like Makoto Shinkai, Yuu Aida, and Tatsuya Yuki.

Shinkai also distributes his films through ComixWave (prior to turning Mangazoo's software division into a bishoujo game house, nbkz Sakai actually produced She and Her Cat), hence the close relationship.

Aside from Haru no Ashioto, none of minori's games appear to be particularly acclaimed (scenario and/or script complaints). However, their marketing strategies and high production values attract much attention.

Quote:
As far as i can tell (since i played Wind -a breath of heart- and ef demo), Minori style (the minority spirit) is somewhat basing a lot of the actual interaction between the characters, be it with the girls or the "side characters", playing specific roles.
Really? I always assumed that "minority spirit" was more of an in-joke than a reference to a story or game style.

Anyway, if player comments are any indication, ef will probably have a tougher time winning over anime fans (I expect some serious disappointment, given the high expectations of bloggers, who've already deemed the premise boring/cliche, but are still expecting a spectacular surprise). The original game stood out mainly because of how sweet it looked, but that advantage doesn't exist this time.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 01:09   Link #174
GipFace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Aside from Haru no Ashioto, none of minori's games appear to be particularly acclaimed (scenario and/or script complaints). However, their marketing strategies and high production values attract much attention.

The only reason why ef TFT has 75% on EGS is because everyone was expecting so much more from a supah-budget game. It's allegedly the shortest minori full-length game; one can supposedly finish the game in under ten hours (see proof below). I don't see why that should be a strike, since Narcissu is also ridiculously short but packs quite a wallop.

EDIT: ef Supah Preview was highly optimized from its original source. Not only did we pngcrush+pngout+deflopt all images, we used XviD over mpeg2. Without optimizations, ef Supah Preview would be 250MB for only 45 minutes of gameplay. ef TFT is 3.5GB. Divide that into the ef Supah Preview size (since the entire game is consistently a CG barrage) and you get a 10.5 hour estimate.

On the flipside, Haruoto is the longest game, with its script being 40% longer than Wind's unabridged script. Generally longer length = higher marks *cough*Tsukihime*Cough*

I'd bet that if ef TFT were longer, it'd get 80, 85% easy. 75% is still respectable.

You seem to always have negative comments about minori and their products whenever I see you post. I actually like minori because even though their scenarists may be weak, they excel in every other aspect (including character concepts) and that's good enough for me. Besides, Wind had a lot of thinking behind it as well.

does anyone know how to access the "fandisc" content? I could only find the... "supah blink mode"

The first fandisc content actually begins at the black screen. The demo itself only covered Christmas Eve and minori admits on their own site that it can be cleared in under thirty minutes. Adding the first fandisc content doubled the length of ef Supah Preview, and was almost done out of necessity because the demo itself would have been too short.

Last edited by GipFace; 2007-09-26 at 01:34. Reason: More detail!
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 01:39   Link #175
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I was looking for the promotional video (aka trailer ) from the anime. Don't care about opening from games masqueraded with shiny CGs and glitter in still frames
Trust me if you think the game opening is Cg's and still frame then you are wrong... It's animated and further more it's done by Shinkai Makoto.
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 02:39   Link #176
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Trust me if you think the game opening is Cg's and still frame then you are wrong... It's animated and further more it's done by Shinkai Makoto.
I believe he was talking about the game itself with his last sentence. ^^;
__________________
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 03:53   Link #177
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I believe he was talking about the game itself with his last sentence. ^^;
Actually I believe he was referring to the game opening. Quoted here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Don't care about opening from games masqueraded with shiny CGs and glitter in still frames
He mentioned the game opening and then went on to say it contains CG's and glitter in still frames. Unless there is something that separates the two phrases then I can only assume he was referring to the game opening.

If that is the case, I've seen the game Opening and let's just say it's not just a slideshow of CG's with a song. The OP for the game is fully animated and superbly done.

Offcourse I'll have to wait for Monir to clarify what he meant.
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 04:24   Link #178
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Really? I always assumed that "minority spirit" was more of an in-joke than a reference to a story or game style.
this is absolutely a pun/joke of theirs. Kinda a lack of words, i guess i wasn't clear enough and i should have used some " or such

But basically, it was quite easy to recognize their style in the demo, not only artwise, but script wise, compared to wind (though rather short, the eve and fandisc school part were enough for this, especially the food scene )
Quote:
Anyway, if player comments are any indication, ef will probably have a tougher time winning over anime fans (I expect some serious disappointment, given the high expectations of bloggers, who've already deemed the premise boring/cliche, but are still expecting a spectacular surprise). The original game stood out mainly because of how sweet it looked, but that advantage doesn't exist this time.
Well, the prologue/premise just set the usual triangle. Angst and the like i guess.
As for ef itself, i believe it might be "easier" in some aspects, as usual eroge /ren'ai have "too much" plot, and most adaptations are too squeezed, be it with only one route and/or 12 episodes instead of 24. Adapting 2 short games into one 12 episode series might do a good trick.
Like any adaptation, the art isn't something determinant, but rather the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
The first fandisc content actually begins at the black screen. The demo itself only covered Christmas Eve and minori admits on their own site that it can be cleared in under thirty minutes. Adding the first fandisc content doubled the length of ef Supah Preview, and was almost done out of necessity because the demo itself would have been too short.
My, thanks
It makes sense now... The sudden time jump between the christmas eve and the school part was kinda weird to me (i was expecting some batshit with kei, or at least some explanations how miyako ended in the same high school than Hiro's)
I wasn't expecting it could be literaly the fandisc, as the OP was inserted after it. (meh, i guess the "one year ago" was misleading for me )
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 15:05   Link #179
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
He mentioned the game opening and then went on to say it contains CG's and glitter in still frames. Unless there is something that separates the two phrases then I can only assume he was referring to the game opening.
A bit hesitant to admit it, but that is just my stereotypical bias toward games and as a result, have made the comment without actually watching the game opening for Ef - A Tale of Memories. However, I'm interested to see the video now because you mentioned Shinkai Makoto... the supreme ruler of background imagery and thanks to Skyfall, I know exactly where to look at it. Here I come Stage6.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 04:32   Link #180
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
A bit hesitant to admit it, but that is just my stereotypical bias toward games and as a result, have made the comment without actually watching the game opening for Ef - A Tale of Memories. However, I'm interested to see the video now because you mentioned Shinkai Makoto... the supreme ruler of background imagery and thanks to Skyfall, I know exactly where to look at it. Here I come Stage6.
Nice one Monir, i'll just tell you now, you will not be dissapointed from watching the game opening... I myself have watched it hundreds of times. The music and the animation creates a very stunning atmosphere.

My favourite scene in the Opening would definitely have to be

Spoiler for Game Opening:
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.