AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-04, 16:51   Link #1
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
Otome Zwei - Anyone notice...

Did anybody notice that...
Spoiler for story:

I'm still puzzled about the relations of the two series. Sometimes I get the feeling that they're related, and sometimes I feel that the creators are just inserting random easter eggs.

What do you think?
Old 2007-06-04, 16:56   Link #2
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

My Hime and My Otome are 2 different shows, same characters different universes. Think Tenchi, and you'll get the idea.

Otome Zwei takes place a short while after My Otome, which is why they seem related. It's basicly a continuation of the series. That said i hate OVA's cause they make us wait months for a release >.<
Old 2007-06-04, 16:59   Link #3
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
What's up with Mai Hime Destiny? Found at http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48434 . It includes both Mai & Arika.
Old 2007-06-04, 17:06   Link #4
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

To be honest that thread confused the hell out of me, plus its spoiler infested so i didnt read to deep into it. From what ive found out Destiny is a new novel(s?). No solid evidence its going to be made into an anime yet, or atleast none on any of the usual sites.

Until i see a proper CM or something though i won't put my hopes up. That said i prefer Mai Otome over HiME. I liked the characters and plot better. HiME was nothing like the manga and since i'd already read the manga i was greatly disapointed.
Old 2007-06-04, 17:27   Link #5
overthere!

I originally preferred Mai Hime since they're characters are a lot more mature . Also, it's in the Otome OVA where you get an abundance of fan service that ruins the entire episode.
Old 2007-06-04, 18:05   Link #6
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthere! View Post
Spoiler for story:

What do you think?
Actually, yes, you figure it out also.
Old 2007-06-04, 18:09   Link #7
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

TBH i didnt really pay much attention to the fanservice. But then once i relised it was an OVA i stopped watching it. I'll wait untill i have all the eps that i can sit down in a marathon run and watch them all at once
Old 2007-06-04, 19:25   Link #8
Morganchan
Gero?!

Quote:
Spoiler for story:

I'm still puzzled about the relations of the two series. Sometimes I get the feeling that they're related, and sometimes I feel that the creators are just inserting random easter eggs.

What do you think?
Personally, I like to think that they are related. Perhaps Otome takes place long, long after the events of HiME, with the characters being decendants/re-incarnates/freaky lookalkies of the HiME cast.

I love spotting little nods to HiME in the show, so that's probably why I'm in the "shows are related" camp. It's kind of fun to speculate the ties between them, no? And how the HiME goings-on ages ago might be influencing the events in Windbloom and beyond. But that's just me

Currently Watching: Hayate no Gotoku, Hidamari Sketch, Higurashi 2, Lucky Star, Ookiku Furikabutte, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Morganchan @ deviantArt
Old 2007-06-04, 22:36   Link #9
solarknight123

Well its stated that Mai-otome is an AU to Mai-hime so alot of the stuff in MO is just probably recycled material from MH, but maybe the creators will probably write something in to connect the two stories. The have the necessary materials in MO, now all they need is the perfect story line. As for MH destiny, its a new novel that's another alternate universe to Mai-hime. The new main character in it is a girl named Mayo(the girl with the golden dragon hand cuffs). She transfers to fuka academy that's located in hokkido (hope i spelled that right) The story is kinda like a cross between mai-hime and x-men, seeing as how the school is full of people with "special powers" like mayo and is meant to train the kids as stated by fumi. So far some of the characters from MH have appeared like shizuru, nasuki, chie, aoi, ect and some more are due.
Old 2007-06-05, 15:56   Link #10
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

...How could I have not noticed that? XD

Maybe the creators just didn't know what to fill up the last space with so they knocked off an old idea for future use?
Old 2007-06-07, 04:24   Link #11
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

man i hope for a second season of Mai Otome instead of an ova... I really do hate OVA's the story doesn't get developed well enough and you have to wait so long for it...

By the way i noticed too that the building looked like the school.. Basically i think they are just inserting random easter eggs..

Also when Mashiro

Spoiler for Mai Otome Zwei ep3:
Old 2007-06-07, 06:06   Link #12
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Spoiler for Otome Zwei 3, another notification:
Old 2007-06-07, 06:26   Link #13
encia

Quote:
Spoiler for story:

What do you think?
Think of "Project Homes" i.e. identical homes built from the same architectural blue prints.
Old 2007-06-07, 06:47   Link #14
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Spoiler for Otome Zwei 3, another notification:
That was the building i am talking about...

As i watched my hime again i realised that the building that arose from the waters was

Spoiler:

Basically that building coming out of the water had a huge significance in mai hime and make a reappearance in my otome... lol we went from character appearances to building appearances....

It is quite fun to spot those similarities.
Old 2007-06-07, 10:09   Link #15
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
That was the building i am talking about...

As i watched my hime again i realised that the building that arose from the waters was

Spoiler:

Basically that building coming out of the water had a huge significance in mai hime and make a reappearance in my otome... lol we went from character appearances to building appearances....

It is quite fun to spot those similarities.
aah okay then i meant ANOTHER building

Spoiler for otome Zwei 3 response:
Old 2007-06-07, 17:53   Link #16
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
aah okay then i meant ANOTHER building

Spoiler for otome Zwei 3 response:
You have a point, Now that i think about it, it looks like their are two buildings with the same structure of the chrystal hall.
Old 2007-06-07, 23:52   Link #17
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Did you count the one where Miyu activated the Otome star? It also had ribbons.
Old 2007-06-08, 00:12   Link #18
solarknight123

Well at first no, but now i'm not sure whether or not the one miyu went too is one of the two.
Old 2007-06-08, 00:39   Link #19
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
The thing in the egg is Kagutsuchi. Nina has Nagi's book, and Kagutsuchi's sword. does this mean that's she's a "hime"???
Old 2007-06-08, 01:52   Link #20
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The thing in the egg is Kagutsuchi. Nina has Nagi's book, and Kagutsuchi's sword. does this mean that's she's a "hime"???
probably not, there is no hime mark on her anywhere thats why (not before the OAV but still i dont believe so)

however i do believe that there is somehting going on, since she was teleported out.. but a HiME i believe not, it could also be the work of the book that protected her but who knows gues we'll have to wait a long time for that conlusion

as for the egg, yes thats Kagutsuchi and his sword ^^
as for the other plants that spawned all over the plae, i still think that they hold the other Childs
Closed Thread