AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-03, 08:02   Link #41
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Europe
Quote:
if Yukino lost the election, she would either pass the contract with Haruka to the next President, or Haruka would resign and be replaced with a different Otome altogether.
I guess Yukino will still remain an important person in Aries, and Haruka will remain her Otome. Probably she'll need to pass her General responsibility to a next President's Otome.
Kleo Scanti is offline  
Old 2007-07-03, 10:08   Link #42
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
What if the current President is impeached? Or convicted? Will they still be allowed to retain their Otome?

And yes, Haruka does fill two positions at once: she's both Yukino's Otome and the Brigadier General. I wonder if this is customary for Otome in Aries, or if Haruka is an oddity...
Sikon is offline  
Old 2007-07-04, 12:34   Link #43
Urd
Airborne
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: portugal
Age: 29
so what? that's only a title...
Natsuki is both the second Collum and the Gakuenchou...
so.....
__________________
In position... Green light.. GO!
Urd is offline  
Old 2007-07-06, 08:40   Link #44
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
i wouldnt expect less form Haruka

thanks for the screenshot and vid, i gues i was half dozed off in the end, but then again it was arond 1 AM that i was watching it
as for pissible name change, Ultimate Black Diamond had been used for the harmonium before, it was the cursed gem that wa sonly capable of gaining the harmonium power, not talking about nina's situation or the songs requiered to activate it, but maybe with the harmonium contact completely gone it changed from black (being colour for cursed or anything evil) to white (meanign that the evil int he gem had been poured out, turning it white) together with some of the functions, but since we only have like 1 OAV left i kind of doubt they will put Nina in a new robe in the OAV.. unless she can get the gem that fly by, white diamond gemmed held rock a beamer has or Mai can shake a new gem out of her sleeve, but i hardly doubt it, there has however been fanart of nina in a new white robe simulair to the black diamond one but then white int he image threat, but im not thinking too much of them since they are fanart and i havent heard of any confirmations of that being her new robe

as for Natsuki, its only obvious that a collum would take on the position of school headmaster, Miss Maria and .. whats her name again,the HiME nun, both teach at Garderobe
-KarumA- is offline  
Old 2007-07-06, 10:56   Link #45
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
whats her name again,the HiME nun, both teach at Garderobe
Her name's Yukariko.
Sageblink is offline  
Old 2007-07-08, 01:41   Link #46
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
Quote:
Ultimate Black Diamond had been used for the harmonium before, it was the cursed gem that wa sonly capable of gaining the harmonium power
Where was it said?

Also, how would you "curse" a piece of technology designed to control nanomachines? This isn't fantasy, and the GEMs aren't magical artifacts. This would be like saying: "My computer is cursed, so it displays a green screen of death instead of a blue screen of death".

A GEM can't be "evil" either. As Midori said, technology by itself isn't good or evil - it is how it's used that matters. An Otome, in particular, represents power, nothing else.

I don't remember anything stated about the UBD's "special" connection to the Harmonium. The GEM is indeed special as it has a 2.0 mode (like the BSS), but, as I understand it, the reason Nina is able to activate the Harmonium is because she's both the heir to the Windbloom royal family and an Otome, so she is both the player/conductor and the protector. But I don't think that having a particular GEM matters.

Now, why the UBD 2.0 Robe "looks evil" to us viewers is indeed an interesting question. I have two explanations: artistic license and "hey, it's the future, fashions may have changed".
Sikon is offline  
Old 2007-07-08, 01:54   Link #47
Amaiko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Okay, just watched Zwei. Some thoughts:
The green glow around Nina was, I think, caused by the UBD (it's the same color as the background during her materialization sequence). Yes, the earring broke during her fight with Arika in space, but we have already been shown that the contract remains even if the visual signs are removed. The UBD seems to have some kind of natural bond to Nina, just like the UBS to Arika, and they're both Ultimate-class GEMs - so I can see Nina's GEM protecting her in danger even without activation.
I don't think it's the UBD or Nina's Windbloom blood acting in that scene. Look closely at the book she's carrying in the part where Nina starts glowing--Nina's outlined in green, but the book (which happens to be Nagi's book from HiME) is glowing a brilliant, solid green. If that was Nina's power saving her from the collapsing building, I'd think that the book would have just been outlined with the green, same as her: the fact that the book itself is glowing points to the book being the thing that saved Nina, not whatever powers she has left.


Quote:
Also, how would you "curse" a piece of technology designed to control nanomachines? This isn't fantasy, and the GEMs aren't magical artifacts. This would be like saying: "My computer is cursed, so it displays a green screen of death instead of a blue screen of death".
Wasn't it outright stated that Fumi's despair and hatred corrupted the Pure White Diamond into the Ultimate Black Diamond? So it does seem that the Gems can be "corrupted".
Amaiko is offline  
Old 2007-07-08, 03:43   Link #48
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
Quote:
Wasn't it outright stated that Fumi's despair and hatred corrupted the Pure White Diamond into the Ultimate Black Diamond?
Where? I don't remember that.
Sikon is offline  
Old 2007-07-14, 09:06   Link #49
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Where was it said?

Also, how would you "curse" a piece of technology designed to control nanomachines? This isn't fantasy, and the GEMs aren't magical artifacts. This would be like saying: "My computer is cursed, so it displays a green screen of death instead of a blue screen of death".
If the said computer was a "zombie" that steals people's bank account details, then this computer is said to be"cursed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
A GEM can't be "evil" either. As Midori said, technology by itself isn't good or evil - it is how it's used that matters. An Otome, in particular, represents power, nothing else.
Midori doesn't understand the power of Harmonium i.e. it contains the "evil" memories and has the ability to take over UDB user's mind. Refer to Otome Ep26.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
I don't remember anything stated about the UBD's "special" connection to the Harmonium.
UBD's (on GEM status display) was later connected to Harmonium i.e. "N.W Connected Harmonium". Refer to My-Otome EP26.

Harmonium acts like AdminStar for UBD's non-type2 restriction mode.

Last edited by encia; 2007-07-14 at 15:58.
encia is offline  
Old 2007-07-14, 09:11   Link #50
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Where? I don't remember that.
Refer to MyOtome Ep26 (~15:45, SS Trans),
Nagi:Right now, the power and the memory of the Harmonium should be running through Nina-chan.
Nina:Ahhhhh
Nagi:"What a mistake humans have made by creating that. Terror and hatred. Despair. Like that day when the Mashiro Diamond got stained black with despair."

Last edited by encia; 2007-07-14 at 15:49.
encia is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 11:37   Link #51
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
1. There is no evidence to suggest that the Harmonium couldn't override any other GEM just as easily. Nina's GEM happened to be overridden because she was operating it.

2. Proves nothing. First, it's Nagi, and he isn't exactly an expert - he read it all from a book. Second, it just says that "despair painted the GEM black". Not that it became another GEM with a different name.
Sikon is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 05:39   Link #52
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Second, it just says that "despair painted the GEM black". Not that it became another GEM with a different name.
Me too I don't think that was meant to be literal. Overall the show has a pseudo-scientific aura and to transmute one GEM into another it's something that would definitely fall into the "fantasy realm".
One could object that the whole affair of the allergy to the chromosome Y is also not very scientific, but at least here they pretend to give a somewhat rational explanation.
Also, it's never said clearly that the 2 GEMs are the same, and I think they would have, if it was true. I mean, it's an important point.
Hopefully the last OAV will solve this case. Or not...
Atlantis_Lux is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 05:55   Link #53
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Me too I don't think that was meant to be literal. Overall the show has a pseudo-scientific aura and to transmute one GEM into another it's something that would definitely fall into the "fantasy realm".
One could object that the whole affair of the allergy to the chromosome Y is also not very scientific, but at least here they pretend to give a somewhat rational explanation.
Also, it's never said clearly that the 2 GEMs are the same, and I think they would have, if it was true. I mean, it's an important point.
Hopefully the last OAV will solve this case. Or not...



Well... It's a little bit complicated.

Rosalie quit, so her GEM goes to Akane. She materialise a totally different robe with it, and as she escape with kazu, Rosalie got a green new GEM, which can materialise her old Robe.
So a GEM doesn't make the Robe.
But it can, also, as "ghostly Fumi" has the same robe as Nina (different color, though)...

Moreover, "Ultimate Black Diamond" is just a name...
Nagi could have change it as pleased.
Sageblink is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 06:15   Link #54
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
1. There is no evidence to suggest that the Harmonium couldn't override any other GEM just as easily. Nina's GEM happened to be overridden because she was operating it.
UBD was connected to Harmonium. As any client/server network model, the connection is a two way street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
2. Proves nothing. First, it's Nagi, and he isn't exactly an expert - he read it all from a book.
Nagi may not be smart (your claim) but he is relaying some information from a canon source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Second, it just says that "despair painted the GEM black".
UDB GEM reponds to emotions (i.e. gestural control system) and windbloom royal blood (i.e. bio-metrics security). Refer to MyOtome Ep17.

My laptop has two light indicators (colored green) that changes intensity. Changes in light intensity are based on DirectX operation levels e.g. running a Direct3D game.
encia is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 06:22   Link #55
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well... It's a little bit complicated.

Rosalie quit, so her GEM goes to Akane. She materialise a totally different robe with it, and as she escape with kazu, Rosalie got a green new GEM, which can materialise her old Robe.
So a GEM doesn't make the Robe.
But it can, also, as "ghostly Fumi" has the same robe as Nina (different color, though)...

Moreover, "Ultimate Black Diamond" is just a name...
Nagi could have change it as pleased.
Don't forget Miyu labelled it as "Ultimate Black Diamond"(according to SS) in MyOtome Ep23 (6:27).

Miyu: The Ultimate Black Diamond. She seems to be the protector and the conductor at the same time.
Arika: conductor?
Miyu: Yes, someone who inherits the bloodline of WindBloom.
Sergay: No, No way
Nagi:There's no mistaking it, since she was able to activate the Harmonium.

Last edited by encia; 2007-07-17 at 06:41.
encia is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 06:32   Link #56
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Me too I don't think that was meant to be literal. Overall the show has a pseudo-scientific aura and to transmute one GEM into another it's something that would definitely fall into the "fantasy realm".
One could object that the whole affair of the allergy to the chromosome Y is also not very scientific, but at least here they pretend to give a somewhat rational explanation.
Maybe the designers of the GEM system made safety mode for a domestic situation (i.e. husband and wife fight/arguing). We don’t want the wife winning a one sided domestic fight.
encia is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.