AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-05, 22:51   Link #2001
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekitty View Post
This brings up an interesting point. If Kouichi has romantic feelings for Mao, wouldn't he be thinking a lot more about that kiss on the forehead (in epi 10) and feeling guilty about that kiss when he is on dates with and is kissing Yumi? I know Kouichi was curious about Mao and her feelings towards him back in episode 11, but times have changed- (aka Kouichi got a girlfriend)- and those thoughts are now long gone. Just a thought.

maoXkouichi fans, what do you think about this??
well, there is so much they can hammer that point. they have done that like 3 times and they already left it alone and they are now moving to new things, Like kouichi remembering that Mao was distant in the train ride back from the filming in the beach. Notice the time when kouichi was in a burger join with Yuumi, this was before the beach filming. He looked at Yuumi's lips and all of sudden his was reminded of Mao's kiss on the forehead.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-02-05 at 23:19.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 23:00   Link #2002
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
That scene of Kouichi remember Mao's forehead kiss happened in episode 13, he was blushing like crazy after remembering it, "Why did I remember it at a time like this?". Obviously the Hoshino transferring thing put that to the back of his mind but after a few episodes he leaves Hoshino while on a date to go back to check up on Mao. The Mao X Kouichi hints have obviously been dominated by Mao but Kouichi has a fare few as well.

Episode 7 when he sees Mao walking with Kai, the expression on his face when he and Hoshino walk into Mao and Kai at the end of 8, start of episode 11 when he wonders what Mao thinks of him, episode 13 flashback to forehead kiss and than you have him braking off a date with Hoshino in 16.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 23:10   Link #2003
littlekitty
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: somewhere in your heart
Age: 23
yeah those are good points. now i remember that scene in the restaurant. but i'm not totally convinced of kouichi's feelings for mao presently-- that was back in epi 13 and now we're up to 17. his concerns for mao on the train, at home, etc. could just be caring, brotherly love. i think that more evidence is needed...

And if it turns out Kouichi does love Mao, poor Yumi! (be strong!)
__________________
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 23:17   Link #2004
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Yeah but leaving in the middle of a date is a pretty big thing, I mean realistic you would just wait until the next day or when you get home to see what's wrong. Also Kouichi has no idea that Mao likes/loves him so intensely, heck for some period of time he couldn't even talk to her without her bring up Hoshino.

Personally I obviously want a Mao X Kouichi ending but I can see why a lot of people will dislike Mao at the end of the series for putting Kai and maybe Hoshio through what she did. She led Kai on for a long time and she assured Hoshino about... what 3-4 times that she felt nothing for Kouichi.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 23:18   Link #2005
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
That scene of Kouichi remember Mao's forehead kiss happened in episode 13, he was blushing like crazy after remembering it, "Why did I remember it at a time like this?". Obviously the Hoshino transferring thing put that to the back of his mind but after a few episodes he leaves Hoshino while on a date to go back to check up on Mao. The Mao X Kouichi hints have obviously been dominated by Mao but Kouichi has a fare few as well.

Episode 7 when he sees Mao walking with Kai, the expression on his face when he and Hoshino walk into Mao and Kai at the end of 8, start of episode 11 when he wonders what Mao thinks of him, episode 13 flashback to forehead kiss and than you have him braking off a date with Hoshino in 16.
well, they need to concentrate on Mao because she is the one that has the most issues about her feelings. This reminds me a lot of "kimagura orange Road" and many other shows where the guy or the girl is forced into another relationship because they don't want to hurt someone.
Madoka,Kyosuke, and Hikaru. Also another show that has something similar is True Tears. the concept in Kimikiss is not unique if you think about. What change is how they get there.

Also, remember that Kouichi was sort of FORCED into the relationship with Yuumi by guess who, MAO. I understand why Mao feels so guilty.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 00:19   Link #2006
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It has been mostly one sided with Mao when you think about it. This is why it's all the more urgent that Mao confess to him and tell him flat out that she loves him. I keep saying this but you just kind of detect this under current between the two when Mao and Kouichi are on screen together. Kouichi cares deeply for Mao, but like we've been saying we're going to have to see if it's love or him just being a big brother. After all that early buildup with Yuumi you'd expect them to be hot and heavy now, but their relationship has kind of stalled.

Depending on when Yuumi's transfer kicks in, there are some benchmarks that we need to keep an eye out for.

1.Mao confessing to Kouichi
2.Kouichi's reaction or his actions after he hears this
3.How they act towards each other after this
4.How Kouichi acts towards Yuumi
5.If Kouichi has any Mao feelings with Yuumi


The spoiler for 19 talks about
Spoiler:


It's kind of interesting because "big bad big sister Mao" who tries to have everything under control at all times is now emotionally a wreck and has just realized after pretty much pushing the guy she deeply loves into a relationship with someone you have to he cares for.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 00:40   Link #2007
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
It has been mostly one sided with Mao when you think about it. This is why it's all the more urgent that Mao confess to him and tell him flat out that she loves him. I keep saying this but you just kind of detect this under current between the two when Mao and Kouichi are on screen together. Kouichi cares deeply for Mao, but like we've been saying we're going to have to see if it's love or him just being a big brother. After all that early buildup with Yuumi you'd expect them to be hot and heavy now, but their relationship has kind of stalled.

Depending on when Yuumi's transfer kicks in, there are some benchmarks that we need to keep an eye out for.

1.Mao confessing to Kouichi
2.Kouichi's reaction or his actions after he hears this
3.How they act towards each other after this
4.How Kouichi acts towards Yuumi
5.If Kouichi has any Mao feelings with Yuumi


The spoiler for 19 talks about
Spoiler:


It's kind of interesting because "big bad big sister Mao" who tries to have everything under control at all times is now emotionally a wreck and has just realized after pretty much pushing the guy she deeply loves into a relationship with someone you have to he cares for.
lol, Lego! I get the feeling that you are trying to rationalize yourself into thinking that Kouichi doesn't have feelings for Mao in case they pull a trick and Kouichi doesn't end with Mao. I know how you feel, but I am pretty sure now that it will be ok. they solved the kouichi problem LONG time ago with the plot device of the transfer. Kouichi not ending with Mao will be pretty much a Canvas2 or shuffle type of ending.

Spoiler:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 00:45   Link #2008
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Oh I know but you know me, I'm not going to breathe that sign of relief until I see Kouichi x Mao share a kiss or them confess to each other. Until then my mind seems to like getting bent out of shape at every little thought of it not ending in a Kouichi x Mao. I took at a look at 13 and you could tell that in 13 with the way he flashes back to Mao kissing him that they were trying to keep that memory alive and tell you "Hes still thinking about Mao".

I have a PM into KM about the two episodes since hes seen them, so hopefully he'll respond giving us an early preview into 18 and some hints about 19. I'd be more comfortable with Kouichi x Mao if when the site updates tomorrow and if it'll has a Kouichi x Mao page along with the staff notes.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 00:46   Link #2009
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
episode 17 subs now out!

*currently dL`ing*
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 00:49   Link #2010
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
episode 17 subs now out!

*currently dL`ing*
Me to, I want to see exactly what she said to Kai even though it continues into 18 and what Eriko is saying during the preview.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 00:50   Link #2011
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Nice one! Now to actually know what they say to each other!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 00:54   Link #2012
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I noticed that the guy doing series composition for Kimikiss also did select episode all throughout Scrapped Princess, so it should be interesting. This is why I'm really digging to find those February Newtype spoilers. With us knowing what goes on in 18 for sure and 19 to an extent it would be really nice to have 20 and possibly 21 to go off of.

Does anyone know someone that has access to Newtype Japan's spoiler page?
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 01:04   Link #2013
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Me to, I want to see exactly what she said to Kai even though it continues into 18 and what Eriko is saying during the preview.
Spoiler for what mao said to kai in the final moments:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 01:08   Link #2014
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I know that much but it's always nice to have an official confirmation of sorts. It looks like from the preview and what we know of 18 that
Spoiler:
. If I'm getting this hyped up over episodes I already know in 18 and 19, then 20-24 is going to be brutal
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 01:21   Link #2015
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
Spoiler for what mao said to kai in the final moments:
Spoiler:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 01:29   Link #2016
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
That puts me
Spoiler:
. But you know me golthin, any screentime they share from now on 19-24 will have me going through the scene in slow motion
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 02:12   Link #2017
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Some episode 17 notes

Spoiler:


I tell you one thing after sitting through that episode subbed with all of the hints from Kouichi and Mao they better have a Kouichi x Mao ending. To do anything else after making Kouichi x Mao fans sit through 17 episodes of it, especially episode 17 would be devastating. Its like they've been teasing us the whole series only to pull the rug out from under us at the end... I hope not.

Last edited by Lego; 2008-02-06 at 02:22.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 02:26   Link #2018
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Yes, I'm absurdly happy.

Now let's get Kouichi to break up with Hoshino and we're all good.

Let's go, let's go, let's go!
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 02:28   Link #2019
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Some episode 17 notes

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 02:28   Link #2020
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
From your mouth to the staffs ears
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.