AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-12, 10:54   Link #3021
Lego

Quote:
We have to remember that the movie script is paralell to the Maoxkouichi story. It is like a phrophesy.
Remember the part on the roof? Where the girl broke up with her boyfriend, and the guy told her that he always was looking at her. I expect something like this to happen but not in the same way.
Yeah, the movie seemed oddly similar to the series heh. If thats the case then it'll end with the kiss that Kouichi and Mao had to go through when Yuumi dropped the script. If what you're saying is correct golthin, to have that happen Yuumi would have to break up with Kouichi or Kouichi would have to break up with Yuumi telling her about Mao. So we'll see in 23 because obviously something sets up the spoilers we have for 24.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 11:02   Link #3022
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i think the lesson from SD was : dont screw up, cover your tracks and you ll be fine.
but then again i have never been good at figuring the moral of stories :/

i dont really know where they ll be going either ending would suit me :
kouichi has had a crush on hoshino for a while and it would make sense if he stays with her
kouichi has a long past relationship with mao so it wouldnt be strange if he choose her
Mao is strong enought to move on from kouichi.
Hoshino has to leave town and like the proverb says : far from the eye, far from the heart (raw translation of a french proverb)
So for me none of the 2 potential ending would be an upset
Well, the moral should have smacked you in the face, especially for SD
*cough*don'tfckaround*cough*

A yumi end would be upsetting to me unless it was really well done...and I mean 100% flawless in development leading up to it with the remaining two episodes, but think about how unrealistic that would be. I wouldn't like to see all the time they spent building up for a kouichi x mao to be taken away by some gaping hole in the ground. Especially when knowing that long distance relationships never work out...I'll just stick by the 99.9% of mao getting her man. Would like to say 100% but past experiences still scary me

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 11:07   Link #3023
Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, the moral should have smacked you in the face, especially for SD
*cough*don'tfckaround*cough*

A yumi end would be upsetting to me unless it was really well done...and I mean 100% flawless in development leading up to it with the remaining two episodes, but think about how unrealistic that would be. I wouldn't like to see all the time they spent building up for a kouichi x mao to be taken away by some gaping hole in the ground. Especially when knowing that long distance relationships never work out...I'll just stick by the 99.9% of mao getting her man. Would like to say 100% but past experiences still scary me
You're starting to sound like me Death . I agree with you though in that if they're going to keep those two together they'll have to masterfully do it outside of a "Mao is finally over Kouichi" bit. We all know that Kouichi isn't over Mao with him zoning out and crying over her at the end of 22. That and they specifically mention him thinking about Mao even with Yuumi in 23, so unless somehow Yuumi notices it but never acts they'll have to make up some huge excuse. I can't believe that as smart of a girl as Yuumi is that with Kouichi still being bummed about Mao in 23 that she won't at least say something to him before she goes and leaves him by himself with Mao.

I'll put it this way though, if we see a Kouichi x Yuumi break up or mutual split in 23 then our Mao x Kouichi ending is almost guaranteed. Something has to happen at the end of 23 since
Spoiler:
in the 24 spoiler.
Old 2008-03-12, 11:07   Link #3024
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Mmmmh scary past experiences?
/glares at canvas2?
Old 2008-03-12, 11:15   Link #3025
Lego

Quote:
/glares at canvas2?
For an anime I've never seen I certainly know how that ended and would be ticked if they pulled that with Kimikiss in the sense of "bye Mao!"

Mao has had to much screentime to simply be left alone or to not at least get a shot at Kouichi. Hell look at episode 22 where she had the most screentime out of anyone. Looking back at 22 if you look at the conversation between Mao and Kai in a way Mao is officially saying "goodbye to Kai". Shes come to terms with herself that she won't be able to face Kouichi right away but if she works hard enough everything will work out and she specifically told Kai "I caused you to worry quite a bit, but I'm fine now" and Kai accepts it and tells her not to strain herself. So Mao's side is in order and we're waiting on Kouichi.

Asuka will most likely be written out in this episode with the big game so we'll most likely have the last episode split with the Kouichi x Mao x Yuumi resolution and Eriko and Kaz having one of those "whatever happens we'll be together" moments because I can't see Kaz ditching Eriko for anything heh. Part of me thinks if we do get the Kouichi x Yuumi split in 23 we'll get
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lego; 2008-03-12 at 11:33.
Old 2008-03-12, 11:51   Link #3026
vio5555

Quote:
/glares at canvas2?
Spoiler for Canvas 2 Ending/Plot Comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-12 at 22:58. Reason: Added spoiler tags
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 11:58   Link #3027
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I'll never understand the fascination with Canvas 2 in terms of some sort of "shock factor". There were hints literally littered everywhere all over that series including that the most important event:
Much agreed, the hints were everywhere.

Sometimes, it takes a second viewing to get the full picture

My scary experience is to never say anything is for certain, and to bet on it. *sigh*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-03-12, 12:00   Link #3028
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

off-topic:
Spoiler for Canvas 2 Comparison:

On-topic:

I really don't want to discuss Mao and Kouichis situation right now cause I feel it's being a bit too draggy. But oh well; everyone knows what will the ending be so all we need to do is just watch and see if the drama will be handled beautifully or not.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-12 at 23:01. Reason: Added spoiler tags
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 12:41   Link #3029
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Spoiler for Canvas 2 Ending/Plot Comparison:
Spoiler for Canvas 2 & Shuffle! Ending Comparisons:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-12 at 23:00. Reason: Added Spoiler tags
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 13:01   Link #3030
Lego

I have to agree with golthin in that they've been hinting at Kouichi x Mao pretty much the whole series from "big sister and younger brother" up till Mao's confession and now Kouichi crying. They've been building up, building up, building up Kouichi x Mao and now it looks like it's finally coming to a head. They wouldn't mention Kouichi STILL being mopey about Mao thinking about her confession and that shes gone in the spoilers for 23 if there wasn't anything between them.

Much like Death when it comes to anime I don't make anything 100%(I've been burned so many times) but I'm cautiously hopeful that we get that Mao x Kouichi ending that most of us have been wanting. The only way I can see Yuumi staying with Kouichi is if there is a last minute plot twist of Mao going to college, her leaving, or somehow Kouichi realizing that Mao is better without him or something contrived like that.

It would be totally out of place for him to suddenly do that after crying in 22, thinking about her with Yuumi in 23, then
Spoiler:
. I guess I'm just to afraid of what could happen to 100% guarantee it. Mao needed her relationship with Kai to realize her feelings for Kouichi, look at how distant she was. Kouichi is going through the same thing right now with his relationship with Yuumi and she knows it. Barring some sort of huge plot twist or Mao or Kouichi having a change of heart I really can't see a Yuumi x Kouichi relationship staying with her knowing that he loves Mao and that she'll be gone with him near Mao and Kouichi constantly thinking about her. Thats all we need is for them to pull some time skip with Mao in college...

I'm curious as to how many think we'll get a breakup or a mutual breakup between Kouichi and Yuumi this episode leading into 24. If we don't at least get something I'll start to get worried again. Yuumi's out is just to convenient not to use it to push Kouichi x Mao together especially after 22.
Old 2008-03-12, 13:06   Link #3031
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Spoiler for Canvas 2 & Shuffle! Ending Comparison:
Spoiler for Shuffle! Ending Comparison:

As for canvas2 never seen it...is there a canvas1? o_0

I have nothing to say regarding kimikiss at the moment....
except for that I still don't believe we are getting a conclusion come episode 24...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-12 at 23:02. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 13:13   Link #3032
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Spoiler for Shuffle! Ending Comparison:

As for canvas2 never seen it...is there a canvas1? o_0

I have nothing to say regarding kimikiss at the moment....
except for that I still don't believe we are getting a conclusion come episode 24...
Spoiler for Shuffle ending:

Last edited by golthin; 2008-03-12 at 23:00. Reason: shuffle spoilers
Old 2008-03-12, 13:21   Link #3033
vio5555

Spoiler for Canvas 2 Ending Comparison:

Spoiler for Shuffle Ending Comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-12 at 23:04. Reason: Added spoiler tags
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 13:23   Link #3034
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Different people, different thoughts I guess

Spoiler for Shuffle Ending:

/offtopic

Luckily, kimikiss has been fairly safe from all the sudden twists. Up til now it has been pretty much predictable but done in a good way

But you would see me get the nail bat out if asuka somehow made a miraculous comeback.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-12 at 23:04. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 2008-03-12, 14:18   Link #3035
combat kitten

i love kimikiss , but i feel sorry for mao ><
she basically came back to japan just for the main char right?

its hard to not hurt anyone no matter who he choses ><
combat kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 15:35   Link #3036
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat kitten View Post
i love kimikiss , but i feel sorry for mao ><
she basically came back to japan just for the main char right?

its hard to not hurt anyone no matter who he choses ><
yea, but she didn't know that it was love what she had for him. She just longed to see Kouichi and Kazuki! Like many people say, I doubt that Mao would have realized her feelings for Kouichi if yuumi had not been around.
Old 2008-03-12, 16:08   Link #3037
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Spoiler for Shuffle! and Canvas 2 Endings:

Now back on topic, Asuka I feel is like the female Kai. Like Kai she's the other LI, but up till now there's no subtle clues as to Kazuki's reciprocation of her feelings (unless one is to stretch the clues that are present like in C2). While Kazuki might personally say it was her who built up his confidence (which is true), it really was Kouichi with his script (and not her) that made him pursue Eriko again. So the way I see it, the biggest threat that Kai and Asuka had was that their respective LIs were going to start falling for them, but in order for that to be believeable (since the clues we have right now don't indicate a romantic reciprocation of feelings), we need time. And time is something the directors don't have, with only a mere 2 episodes left to go. At the very least, Yuumi had Kouichi's romantic attention for half the series so she has a shot, but not so with Asuka and Kai.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-12 at 23:05. Reason: Added spoiler tags
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 16:13   Link #3038
Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
yea, but she didn't know that it was love what she had for him. She just longed to see Kouichi and Kazuki! Like many people say, I doubt that Mao would have realized her feelings for Kouichi if yuumi had not been around.
You get Mao saying "when you're to close you don't notice things" and that "taking things for granted". Shes talking about how she was always close to Kouichi and basically treated him as a brother without realizing her feelings for him. I kept saying this from the first episode when she came back and how he was taken aback by her, even when he didn't know who she was because of how much she had changed. That and the little video game gag at the end of episode one showed us how close they're to each other.

I still find it kind of comical that they completely wrote Kaz out of a shot with Mao heh. It seems like poor Kaz was a third wheel, we hear tons about Kouichi and Mao's relationship as kids but no Kaz . But I guess they had to get the other girls into the fray without giving Kouichi a harem. As for Kai and Asuka in reference to Dragon, they're pretty much gone. We know that Kai will be in episode 24
Spoiler:
but I'd be really surprised, even more then a Kouichi x Yuumi if somehow he were to end up with Mao. They had their time earlier in the series, they broke up because of Mao's love for Kouichi, Kai helped Mao in 20 by telling her to go for her true feelings and that he was over the breakup. He is pretty much just a good friend of Mao's now evident by how Mao talked to him in 22 thanking him for worrying about her but shes fine now(she even mentions Kouichi to him so he knows).

Asuka is pretty much written out of the story with this episode since she'll finally accomplish her dream and that leaves Kaz and Eriko to make nicey nicey in 24 all alone. I can't imagine Kaz turning that quick in a half of episode towards Asuka especially when hes built up so much with Eriko. Asuka suffered the fate of never physically telling Kaz that she loved him. Kaz was so into Eriko the whole series aside from the little time he spent with Asuka when it came to helping her with her twisted ankle. Eriko had him at first kiss and he is hers to loose.

Something I never got was why was Mao so up in arms about Kouichi kissing Yuumi? I know that it jump started her already present feelings for him but this is after she dated Kai for the early part of the series, was close to him, and they even shared a kiss together as well.
Old 2008-03-12, 16:39   Link #3039
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Something I never got was why was Mao so up in arms about Kouichi kissing Yuumi? I know that it jump started her already present feelings for him but this is after she dated Kai for the early part of the series, was close to him, and they even shared a kiss together as well.
Well Mao never took things really seriously. Only after did she do it ,but only to forget about kouichi and her true feelings.

And the kiss was basically one-sided as Mao never really agreed. Kai just turned and kissed without asking. Note her face and reaction afterwards.
Old 2008-03-12, 16:42   Link #3040
Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Well Mao never took things really seriously. Only after did she do it ,but only to forget about kouichi and her true feelings.

And the kiss was basically one-sided as Mao never really agreed. Kai just turned and kissed without asking. Note her face and reaction afterwards.
True, she did run away seemingly horrified that Kai kissed her. I also forgot about her going out with him for about a week before she broke up with him and finally telling him that seeing Kouichi and Yuumi together made he realize her true feelings.

So I guess all we have to do is wait two more days *twitch twitch* to see how we get set up for 24 since all we're doing now is speculating heh. The official site will update tomorrow with the usual "special section" looking forward to this weeks episode even though it'll most likely focus around Asuka.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen