AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-12, 16:58   Link #3041
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
I still find it kind of comical that they completely wrote Kaz out of a shot with Mao heh. It seems like poor Kaz was a third wheel, we hear tons about Kouichi and Mao's relationship as kids but no Kaz
We would have seen more Kaz/Mao flashbacks if the show had a KazxKouichixMao love triangle But besides the swing flashback in one of the early episode I'm not really surprised, wouldn't serve much purpose.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 17:19   Link #3042
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
We would have seen more Kaz/Mao flashbacks if the show had a KazxKouichixMao love triangle But besides the swing flashback in one of the early episode I'm not really surprised, wouldn't serve much purpose.
Well at least Kaz has the one he loves, hopefully the same comes true for Kouichi x Mao. I'd laugh if we got a Mitsuki x Akira couple as well, her fiance just disappeared as well as Akira's girlfriend from another school.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 18:07   Link #3043
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Well at least Kaz has the one he loves, hopefully the same comes true for Kouichi x Mao. I'd laugh if we got a Mitsuki x Akira couple as well, her fiance just disappeared as well as Akira's girlfriend from another school.
There was a theory we discussed when the show started that Akira is actually Mitsuki's fiancee.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 18:28   Link #3044
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
There was a theory we discussed when the show started that Akira is actually Mitsuki's fiancee.
How would that work out? Akira could be trying to keep it under wraps with the "my girlfriend goes to another school" but wouldn't Mitsuki hint about it instead of saying that shes waiting on him? That or they don't know since obviously Mitsuki was probably going to confess to Akira before "Student Council Lady" came in. In effect everyone is tied up except Kouichi, Mao, and Yuumi. Asuka is settled barring any big event, Kai is settled barring Kouichi choosing Yuumi, and not much is going to come of student council girl or Kaz's sister.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 22:54   Link #3045
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
By the way, I've been away today and am just catching up on the thread, but a note. If you're going to refer to the endings of any other show, it must be in spoiler tags that explain which show you're talking about. You must assume that the readers of this thread do not want to be spoiled about the ending or plot of Shuffle, True Tears, Canvas 2, or School Days. I will go through and add spoiler tags to the last two pages of posts this time, but please watch it in the future...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 06:18   Link #3046
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
How would that work out? Akira could be trying to keep it under wraps with the "my girlfriend goes to another school" but wouldn't Mitsuki hint about it instead of saying that shes waiting on him? That or they don't know since obviously Mitsuki was probably going to confess to Akira before "Student Council Lady" came in.
Mitsuki has never met her fiancee, so she wouldn't know about Akira being her fiancee. Of course its nothing more a theory not based on facts.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 07:24   Link #3047
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
There was a theory we discussed when the show started that Akira is actually Mitsuki's fiancee.
I remember that speculation i also had the same thought although now im not so sure. It seems they want to hint at something with these 2 but have offered up much due to the main story. Its obvious that there is more to these 2 than meets the eye plus Mitsuki blushes quite often around Akira.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 07:52   Link #3048
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I remember that speculation i also had the same thought although now im not so sure. It seems they want to hint at something with these 2 but have offered up much due to the main story. Its obvious that there is more to these 2 than meets the eye plus Mitsuki blushes quite often around Akira.
That she does, Mitsuki seems to be the cutest of all the girls when she is in blush mode.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 08:56   Link #3049
D a m i e n
permanentely bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
if they pull a "omg lulz mitsuki, you didnt know akira was your fiance? lol" the show would loose a lot of it s credibility and it would just be dumb.
i d rather have a bit of sadness with 2 people who knew their blooming feelings could have never blossom since both arent belonging to the same world to begin with.
__________________
Outside of a dog reading is man's best friend, inside it s too dark to read...
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 09:45   Link #3050
hai_san
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
actually the show started very strong with alot of promising characters, but by the half i find that the show degraded... by now i just only want the show to end soon as of now there is too much soap opera...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:02   Link #3051
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Sorry for the trouble relentless

*points the finger of blame onto others*
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
if they pull a "omg lulz mitsuki, you didnt know akira was your fiance? lol" the show would loose a lot of it s credibility and it would just be dumb.
Not the entire series for me but I would be pretty pissed off.

But it is sad to see that Mitsuki is never going to get any development, but if things are as packed as they already are, I guess there just wasn't any time to spare for her >_<

Well it's too late to do anything now so it's best to leave it at that. No point trying to force another relationship, making it totally illogical
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 12:38   Link #3052
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego
True, she did run away seemingly horrified that Kai kissed her.
Uh, correction. She wasn't 'horrified'. Didn't you see she Blushed and ran away? It just threw her off. lol It wasn't that she didn't take things seriously when it came to Kai. She DID have some feelings for Kai (ya can't fake blushing y'know), it's just that she wasn't aware that she felt more for Kouichi. She was clueless till it was too late.

Honestly, going for Kouichi instead of Kai whose hot, sexy, mysterious, and plays an effing sax with Takehiro Sakurai's voice to boot. She's insane. X___X
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 13:07   Link #3053
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Uh, correction. She wasn't 'horrified'. Didn't you see she Blushed and ran away? It just threw her off. lol It wasn't that she didn't take things seriously when it came to Kai. She DID have some feelings for Kai (ya can't fake blushing y'know), it's just that she wasn't aware that she felt more for Kouichi. She was clueless till it was too late.

Honestly, going for Kouichi instead of Kai whose hot, sexy, mysterious, and plays an effing sax with Takehiro Sakurai's voice to boot. She's insane. X___X

When did she blush? she was shocked and ran away.

Kazuki>Kouichi>akira>Male frog plushy>Kai...
<_<
>_>
O_O
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 13:26   Link #3054
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Uh, correction. She wasn't 'horrified'. Didn't you see she Blushed and ran away? It just threw her off. lol It wasn't that she didn't take things seriously when it came to Kai. She DID have some feelings for Kai (ya can't fake blushing y'know), it's just that she wasn't aware that she felt more for Kouichi. She was clueless till it was too late.

Honestly, going for Kouichi instead of Kai whose hot, sexy, mysterious, and plays an effing sax with Takehiro Sakurai's voice to boot. She's insane. X___X
Kai even admitted that their feelings for each other were legit but he accepted her breakup and told her to follow her heart. He had his chance to try to get her back when he talked to her in 20 but told her that instead, hence the "Kai shows great maturity" line in the spoiler. He must know that her heart is with Kouichi by the way she was acting and his little pep talk to her. Until we get an official end Kai is going to be the boogey man in the corner of my mind especially with him lurking around into the final episode.

Granted it would take a huge plot twist or some amazing misdirection for something like that to happen but I'm still rooting for my Kouichi x Mao. At least Saturday is fast approaching so we'll see how they set up the last episode.

Last edited by Lego; 2008-03-13 at 13:44.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 13:44   Link #3055
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Kai even admitted that their feelings for each other were legit
kai can say penguins can fly, yet that doesn't make it a fact/true.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 13:54   Link #3056
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
kai can say penguins can fly, yet that doesn't make it a fact/true.
Oh I know, but it seemed like he genuinely cared for Mao and thats what set off all the mental warnings when they were going out and even after they broke up. He has helped her since the breakup and Mao always seems like a different person around him. She doesn't hang out with Kaz, Yuumi, Mitsuki, Akira, Eriko, Kouichi(well no duh) or even the other girls in her class. The only person she really talks to is Kai or the odd visit with Eriko when she causes self doubt

Kai just rubs me the wrong way when it comes to his character. Every show has the "cool, skinny guy tough guy" whose actually a sweet heart on the inside and the main girl(s) fall for him. His only obstacle was opening up a little bit more to people, woop de doo. A little to perfect in "watch Kai paint perfectly", "watch Kai play music perfectly", "watch Kai be the perfect guy who listens", it starts to get old after a while especially when they basically used him as a wedge between Kouichi and Mao. No coincidence that they start something between him and Mao the first chance they get.

I don't know why I have so much mental and emotional stake in seeing a Kouichi x Mao ending. It isn't about being right or "winning" by following a couple but more because they seem like they're destined to be together. They might of started out as a sibling like relationship but it's far beyond that now. I can't picture Kouichi sticking with Yuumi and only getting to visit her every so often while Mao is left all alone close to him or Kouichi has to put up with something like Mao and Kai the whole time. I really think that if Yuumi wasn't transferring she'd be the clear winner.

Last edited by Lego; 2008-03-13 at 14:05.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 14:05   Link #3057
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Oh I know, but it seemed like he genuinely cared for Mao and thats what set off all the mental warnings when they were going out and even after they broke up. He has helped her since the breakup and Mao always seems like a different person around him. She doesn't hang out with Kaz, Yuumi, Mitsuki, Akira, Eriko, Kouichi(well no duh) or even the other girls in her class. The only person she really talks to is Kai or the odd visit with Eriko when she causes self doubt

Kai just rubs me the wrong way when it comes to his character. Every show has the "cool, skinny guy tough guy" whose actually a sweet heart on the inside and the main girl(s) fall for him. His only obstacle was opening up a little bit more to people, woop de doo. A little to perfect in "watch Kai paint perfectly", "watch Kai play music perfectly", "watch Kai be the perfect guy who listens", it starts to get old after a while.
Oh no, don't get me wrong...kai does care for Mao as more then a friend that much is obvious is just that it wasn't mutual like kai said. All this time from the first time they went out I been saying Mao is not really into Kai and i was proven right...lulz.. ( eat that kaixmao shippers!)...What had/has me worried about Kai is Mao not being honest and deceiving Kai and herself once more and ending up with him after all...but after the spoiler to ep24 I'm not that worried anymore.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 14:07   Link #3058
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Oh no, don't get me wrong...kai does care for Mao as more then a friend that much is obvious is just that it wasn't mutual like kai said. All this time from the first time they went out I been saying Mao is not really into Kai and i was proven right...lulz.. ( eat that kaixmao shippers!)...What had/has me worried about Kai is Mao not being honest with herslef and deceiving Kai and herself once more and ending up with him after all...but after the spoiler to ep24 I'm not that worried anymore.
How so?

At least in 22 Mao finally seemed to get back on equal footing by telling Kai that she can't face Kouichi right away but she found something to put all of her effort into that and "shes fine now". If anyones getting jobbed it's Asuka...
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 14:17   Link #3059
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Kai even admitted that their feelings for each other were legit but he accepted her breakup and told her to follow her heart. He had his chance to try to get her back when he talked to her in 20 but told her that instead, hence the "Kai shows great maturity" line in the spoiler. Until we get an official end Kai is going to be the boogey man in the corner of my mind especially with him lurking around into the final episode.
that is why he is the boogey man in your mind and hunts you, because you misunderstand Mao's feelings for Kai. She never thought of Kai in a romantic way. She told him that she was going to think seriously about him after the kiss. The reason she blushed and ran is because that is a basic reaction. People misunderstand the use of Blushing in anime a lot. It means embarrassment and depending on the situation the embarrasement can be for many things besides romance. You can blush when someone praise you, you can blush for excitement, etc etc. Mao blushed when Kai kissed her because she was embarrassed and surprised.

Mao was going with Kai to try to become serious about him. she was not actually serious about the relationship until episode 16, this was due to mao seeing Yuumi and Kouichi kissing at the end of episode 15. She then was using Kai to forget about Kouichi, thus why she asked Kai to kiss her. the writers left it ambiguous whether Kai kissed her not. I think he actually did and they became official from there on. Still, being with Kai didn't do any good as we saw after the break up. Mao asked Kai if he loved her and when he said yes, she said that she "MAYBE" liked him too.
then the book incident happened and that broke her down and it was break up time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Oh no, don't get me wrong...kai does care for Mao as more then a friend that much is obvious is just that it wasn't mutual like kai said. All this time from the first time they went out I been saying Mao is not really into Kai and i was proven right...lulz.. ( eat that kaixmao shippers!)...What had/has me worried about Kai is Mao not being honest and deceiving Kai and herself once more and ending up with him after all...but after the spoiler to ep24 I'm not that worried anymore.
I have been saying this all the time and very few people took my comments seriously until the break up
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 14:23   Link #3060
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Well after that whole "kiss me" moment where Mao forces herself on Kai it's mentioned that they've been going out for a week straight and Kouichi hasn't seen her in a while. I instantly think of the episode where they broke up in that they went on a date and Mao tried her best to get close to Kai by grabbing his arms and everything. She didn't even rest her head on his shoulder like she did earlier when they looked out on the sunset. Hell Kai even walked off ticked off about how Mao was acting. Then we had the breakup scene where Mao finally realized that she loved Kouichi and was using Kai to forget about him. 20 reaffirmed that when Kai gave Mao advice and told her to "follow her heart" and he checked up on her in 22 asking her if everything is ok.

I guess whats spooking me is the spoiler for 24 and how it
Spoiler:
, so he'll obviously have a role to play.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.