AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-13, 14:41   Link #3061
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Well after that whole "kiss me" moment where Mao forces herself on Kai it's mentioned that they've been going out for a week straight and Kouichi hasn't seen her in a while. I instantly think of the episode where they broke up in that they went on a date and Mao tried her best to get close to Kai by grabbing his arms and everything. She didn't even rest her head on his shoulder like she did earlier when they looked out on the sunset. Hell Kai even walked off ticked off about how Mao was acting. Then we had the breakup scene where Mao finally realized that she loved Kouichi and was using Kai to forget about him. 20 reaffirmed that when Kai gave Mao advice and told her to "follow her heart" and he checked up on her in 22 asking her if everything is ok.

I guess whats spooking me is the spoiler for 24 and how it
Spoiler:
, so he'll obviously have a role to play.

Yeah he will be the catalyst to push Kouichi towards Mao as yuumi will be the catalyst that will push Mao towards Kouichi. Lego you worry too much.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 14:43   Link #3062
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I am probably the only one who thinks that Mao had a real interest for Kai at one point, but those feelings were just swamped out by her underlying feelings for kouichi. I mean, if kouichi was never there to affect mao then she would be having her honeymoon with kai already. The scene when she placed her head onto his shoulders really did make me think that they might have had something going on ~ or she was just a really good actress.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 14:57   Link #3063
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I am probably the only one who thinks that Mao had a real interest for Kai at one point, but those feelings were just swamped out by her underlying feelings for kouichi. I mean, if kouichi was never there to affect mao then she would be having her honeymoon with kai already. The scene when she placed her head onto his shoulders really did make me think that they might have had something going on ~ or she was just a really good actress.
If kouichi wasn't there...then mao would had never come back, thus never had known Kai. Not much of a good actress per say...just trying to subdue the feelings that where growing in her...but it failed...which wasn't a surprise.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 15:07   Link #3064
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
If kouichi wasn't there...then mao would had never come back, thus never had known Kai. Not much of a good actress per say...just trying to subdue the feelings that where growing in her...but it failed...which wasn't a surprise.
She might have gone back for Kazuki? ;p
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 15:09   Link #3065
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
If kouichi wasn't there...then mao would had never come back, thus never had known Kai. Not much of a good actress per say...just trying to subdue the feelings that where growing in her...but it failed...which wasn't a surprise.
yep, there is too much "IF's"! You can't have one without the other. Every one in the show is necessary for the current plot. remove any of the people and we get a complete different story.
No kouichi will mean no Kazuki and Futami, No Mao will mean no Kouichi and Yuumi, No Mao will leave Kai to his gloomy old self, No kouichi will mean no Mao.No Kai means Mao still groveling in pain and maybe becoming the next Sekai. No yuumi will mean that Mao never realized her own feelings, and by association Kouichi never realize his own feelings either.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 15:11   Link #3066
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
She might have gone back for Kazuki? ;p
Going from how much interaction Kazuki and mao have had through the whole series, that seems very doubtfull.


Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
yep, there is too much "IF's"! You can't have one without the other. Every one in the show is necessary for the current plot. remove any of the people and we get a complete different story.
No kouichi will mean no Kazuki and Futami, No Mao will mean no Kouichi and Yuumi, No Mao will leave Kai to his gloomy old self, No kouichi will mean no Mao.No Kai means Mao still groveling in pain and maybe becoming the next Sekai. No yuumi will mean that Mao never realized her own feelings, and by association Kouichi never realize his own feelings either.
No loli's would mean no froggy plushy action. >_<
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 16:00   Link #3067
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
After watching what J.C. staff did with the latest episode of Shana, I hope they don't pull something similar with kimikiss!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 16:07   Link #3068
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I am probably the only one who thinks that Mao had a real interest for Kai at one point, but those feelings were just swamped out by her underlying feelings for kouichi. I mean, if kouichi was never there to affect mao then she would be having her honeymoon with kai already. The scene when she placed her head onto his shoulders really did make me think that they might have had something going on ~ or she was just a really good actress.
Thats why I picked up on what Kai told her in 20 about how "his feelings or their feelings for each other weren't a lie or were real". Mao and Kai seem to share a bond(just like Kouichi and Yuumi) and Kai has shown himself to be a good friend. They've had several chances to try to scare us into making them a couple again but they haven't. They're leaving Mao fair game and alone until the last episode so we'll see what happens. The last thing I want is for Kouichi and Mao to finally end up face to face and she finds out that she likes Kai more. If that would happen full steam ahead for Yuumi.

I think at the start BEFORE the Yuumi kiss she had at least some feelings for Kai. I also think part of it was Kouichi pushing her to "find someone" since she was pushing him towards Yuumi hard. Once Mao saw that Yuumi x Kouichi kiss she lost it. Her real feelings towards Kouichi awakened and we had many episodes of depressed Mao. I really think that we're past the "well shes only action like that because shes loosing her little brother" and into full fledged "Mao loves Kouichi" territory.

The fun question is if we get a Kouichi x Mao do you think they can thrive as a couple while Kai remains in good friend status? I suspect that if we get a Kouichi x Mao , Kai will give Kouichi the go ahead and ok/push to go after Mao in 24.

Quote:
After watching what J.C. staff did with the latest episode of Shana, I hope they don't pull something similar with kimikiss!
?

Last edited by Lego; 2008-03-13 at 16:49. Reason: golthin's post
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 16:56   Link #3069
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Going from how much interaction Kazuki and mao have had through the whole series, that seems very doubtfull.
Ahh but you're forgetting if Kouichi didn't exist then Mao spent all her childhood playing with Kazuki and not Kouichi with Kazuki being, as Lego said, a third wheel. ^^
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 17:05   Link #3070
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
The fun question is if we get a Kouichi x Mao do you think they can thrive as a couple while Kai remains in good friend status? I suspect that if we get a Kouichi x Mao , Kai will give Kouichi the go ahead and ok/push to go after Mao in 24.
The past is the past so I don't see why Kai will want to dwell on the fact that Mao no longer likes him. Of course they can stay friends! A lot of the times when the "just friends" phrase is used, it hardly becomes case but this time I am 100% certain that it will (notice I said 100!). I don't see any reason why kouichi will need to seek the green light from kai either but a little encouragement from him never hurts
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 17:09   Link #3071
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
They've had several chances to try to scare us into making them a couple again but they haven't. They're leaving Mao fair game and alone until the last episode so we'll see what happens. The last thing I want is for Kouichi and Mao to finally end up face to face and she finds out that she likes Kai more.
They've had entirely zero chances to make Mao and Kai a couple again. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but all these Kai fears are entirely in your head! They're a figment of your overly-active imagination! Mao couldn't have denied her feelings for Kai any more clearly: "The one I love is Kouichi!" Believe it already!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 19:31   Link #3072
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
Am I the only female watching this and actively rooting for Kai? lol But anyway, the moment the 4 of them (kaixmao & yuumixkouchi) came face to face in that blind corner, it was very obvious those darned producers want to promote Kouichi's mini-harem.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 20:57   Link #3073
FuzzyWuzzy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Am I the only female watching this and actively rooting for Kai? lol But anyway, the moment the 4 of them (kaixmao & yuumixkouchi) came face to face in that blind corner, it was very obvious those darned producers want to promote Kouichi's mini-harem.
OMG! My prediction is going to come true. Kouichi will marry Mao and Yuumi. Yuumi will get him at night cause she is shy, and cutesy while Mao will get him in the morning cause she is so energetic and stuff.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:38   Link #3074
w00tness
zetsuboushita...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
OMG! My prediction is going to come true. Kouichi will marry Mao and Yuumi. Yuumi will get him at night cause she is shy, and cutesy while Mao will get him in the morning cause she is so energetic and stuff.
No time for group fun with Kazuki, Eri, and Asuka?

w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 09:55   Link #3075
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Site has its weekly "special" up.

Just talking about the different attractions(ooo a horror house) and the big game. The big questions this week start out with Kaz. But then it gets interesting..

Quote:
--Is* request filled with hope to the characters for a climax?
Mr. Ikezawa: If 摩央(Mao) is between Koichi and 結美(Yuumi), 結美(Yuumi) transfers, but can it be happily, I think. I think I project as expected. Sense of guilt may be felt somewhere.
Quote:
Mr. Koshimizu: Two people touch reversely, and do I come to a happy end, you think, right? The feeling that you can live also does 結美(Yuumi) by quite itself. Without saying an unnecessary thing here, I'm sorry, it'll be separated, the good memory until I transfer, thank you very much, for?
This I can't get to

Quote:
その2:栗生恵
ルールをやぶると怖い栗生さんですけど、逆にいえば決まりをやぶらなければ、彼女の逆鱗にふれることはない わけですよね。本当は優しいし、けっこう気を遣ってくれる女の子なんです。
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:01   Link #3076
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Site has its weekly "special" up.

Just talking about the different attractions(ooo a horror house) and the big game. The big questions this week start out with Kaz. But then it gets interesting..





This I can't get to but I swear it mentions Kai
Damn it we need a translator quick i must know if it concerns Kai. My dream ending will be realized even if means pitchforking someone even though i have no fear of Kai being anymore than confidant at this point its still nice to know what they intend to do with him.

Get back to us Lego if you find something.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:05   Link #3077
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Its 2: Kuriyuu Kei When not breaking a rule I'm Mr. Kuriyuu afraid, but when saying conversely, when a rule is broken, it's the reason which doesn't touch her backward scale, isn't it? The girl who is gentle and pays regard fairly actually.
Is what it says with a translator but I have no idea who they're talking about. It's listed prominently under the #2 slot for points to look out for in 23. They do have a little bit about Kai which is:

Quote:
Mr. Ikezawa: Because Mr. Kai has found how to associate with the world under Mr. Kai first, Mr. in Kai seems able to do how to walk. There may be able to be Mr. Kai and 摩央(Mao) by a friend in life. Neither attached nor detached. If there is something, 摩央(Mao) "does such thing this time", because "live broadcasting sends Mr. Kai this time", too, I'd like to see. It's here much together that I'm here with two people, and I'm a friend, but may be easy and then be once again.
It seems like it's just talking about how Kai and Mao will be good friends, which we knew about and have seen. We know he'll be in 24 but I guess the thing to see is how much time he has in 23 aside from the "Kai is wearing butler clothes" heh. The episode airs tomorrow(for me), so one more afternoon of speculating before we get 23 then we can build up to the finale knowing what happened in 23.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:49   Link #3078
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Is what it says with a translator but I have no idea who they're talking about. It's listed prominently under the #2 slot for points to look out for in 23. They do have a little bit about Kai which is:



It seems like it's just talking about how Kai and Mao will be good friends, which we knew about and have seen. We know he'll be in 24 but I guess the thing to see is how much time he has in 23 aside from the "Kai is wearing butler clothes" heh. The episode airs tomorrow(for me), so one more afternoon of speculating before we get 23 then we can build up to the finale knowing what happened in 23.
all the things we already have deducted on our own, About Kai being a friend for Mao. Most of us knew this, but I guess people need to hear it directly from the makers to make it official.


They also hint what we already knew from the way that Yuumi keep mentioning "good memories" all the time. We knew that like Kai she was going to get something to treasure for life by being associated with Kouichi and Mao. Notice that Yuumi is not in the state of looking toward a future with Kouichi,but about making memories.
that is one of the things i find interesting, she is not looking forward to the future likje most girls do, but preparing to keep memories of the past.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 11:25   Link #3079
ReizoSan
Make Your Move
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 24
Spoiler for Kimikiss = Suzuka:
__________________
Reizo San
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 11:53   Link #3080
Lego
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
As for Suzuka, yeah I mentioned that earlier on in the thread about how it did seem similar. At least there you had(manga spoilers for Suzuka)
Spoiler:
.

I really think that the key for 23 will be to see if Yuumi finally steps down or at least gets her question off to Kouichi. They wouldn't mention that Kouichi was "thinking about Mao's confession to him and thinking about how she left his house" if he wasn't going to be the Kouichi we've seen in the past few episodes. If this is the case then Yuumi needs to at least do something or else it'll be a hollow relationship if she decides that she wants to ignore the way Kouichi is feeling. Something deep and profound has hit Kouichi much the same way Mao does and he needs to wake up before it's gone.

As for what golthin said I agree, they keep and kept using the line "good memories" when it came to Yuumi. If I remember right she even says that herself at the end of 22 before Kouichi runs off to cry over the book. The way we talked about things being a disservice to Kai's character I think it would actually be a disservice to Yuumi's character if she saw what was going on with Kouichi and Mao and just kind of swept it under the rug. Yuumi has to know that once she transfers, shes going to be far away(far enough that Kouichi has to save up just to go see her) and that Mao will be right around the corner from Kouichi even after she moved out.

At least Kouichi and Mao have both had one relationship under their belt, both which made them realize that they love each other and have friends for life in Kai and Yuumi. The spoilers for 24 do mention that
Spoiler:
so something must happen at the end of 23 or at the start of 24. My only hope is that the ending is conclusive enough that it doesn't leave the door wide open for speculation or on purpose. With all of the crap that has happened so far in the series and with the 23 and 24 spoilers this series needs a solid and "closed door" ending or else it'll seem like we went through 24 episodes for nothing.

I really think that part of what is getting at all of us is the wait. Take a series that could of been over in 13 episodes and make it 24 with the last two episodes crawling along and this is what you get, especially with the last two episodes coming up and us knowing the spoilers for both. Hopefully 23 will set us up nicely for the ending by working through some loose ends and plot elements off instead of saving it all for one big episode 24 ending. At least we know that
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lego; 2008-03-14 at 12:06.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.