AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-09, 14:57   Link #81
taelrak

Quote:
P.S. What's with the huge distance between the eyes of the characters, it makes them look a bit bird-like.
Yoshino always looked like a bird in Marimite as it is
It is kind of odd to see her blonde though.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 17:12   Link #82
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Rewatched with the subs and wow...I think this series has the potential to be a top romance title this season ^_^

just listening to tanaka rie do her usual business is enough to melt the ice caps for me *fanboy mode*

Bu what is turely interesting about this series is that so far it looks completely unpredictable. Well maybe we will have 2 love stories for the price of one :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 17:18   Link #83
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Rewatched with the subs and wow...I think this series has the potential to be a top romance title this season ^_^

just listening to tanaka rie do her usual business is enough to melt the ice caps for me *fanboy mode*

Bu what is turely interesting about this series is that so far it looks completely unpredictable. Well maybe we will have 2 love stories for the price of one :3
Hrm, but isn't that just what Myself; Yourself is going to be (i.e. 2 male protagonists)?

Rie Tanaka's character does look neat though. Hopefully she'll shred both of the guys up and then leave them crying
Old 2007-10-09, 17:23   Link #84
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Hrm, but isn't that just what Myself; Yourself is going to be (i.e. 2 male protagonists)?

Rie Tanaka's character does look neat though. Hopefully she'll shred both of the guys up and then leave them crying
err...no? I think you mean to say ef - a tale of memories (but that has 3 male leads )

and ofc...she isnt gin sama for nothing you know XD *oops...wrong series*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 18:07   Link #85
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

actually, I'm predicting 3 love stories, something that will be far better than Boys Be at that :3 (see my deep frying for those predictions, but prepare to be somewhat spoiled XD)
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 18:14   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
actually, I'm predicting 3 love stories
& the chances that they'll cross-over each other into a triangle realtionship are very high.
Old 2007-10-09, 18:18   Link #87
rg4619

Quote:
That's only for the upcoming game (two viewpoints). So far, we don't know what kind of focus the anime will have.

The game producer/director mentioned that the anime deviates a lot from his original story (same characters and premise, similar introductions, largely different development later on - hopefully, the anime story doesn't fall apart as a result), so it won't exactly be a faithful adaptation.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 18:24   Link #88
taelrak

Ah well. I'm just wondering how they're going to fit in the 2 or 3 relationships and/or love triangles into what..13? 26 episodes? It seems like ef will have this problem as well.
Old 2007-10-09, 18:31   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Ah well. I'm just wondering how they're going to fit in the 2 or 3 relationships and/or love triangles into what..13? 26 episodes?
Well, i'm not saying it'll be perfect, though judging by the speed of the first episode --- i see nothing to worry. They seem to have everything planned out, just from showing the beginning of them in a nice none-rushed way.
Old 2007-10-09, 20:09   Link #90
usagijen

oh correction with the love stories I see in the series. It's actually four. Since, there are actually 4 guys in the show, hehe :3 I agree with Shiroth, there's nothing to worry about in terms of the multiple relationships that's going to be shown here. Since, it's not as complicated, as angsty, and as entangled of a mess as EF, from what I can see.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 21:16   Link #91
Eclipze

Ok, wow, my favorite first episode of the season so far. Everything was done really well IMO - pacing was fast enough, movement was animated well, characters were well drawn. Heck, even though its supposedly a harem anime of sorts, the "fluffy touch" they gave the series (the ones present in H&C, Nodame Cantabile and Asatte no Houko) sure made it seem more like H&C than Myself;Yourself - nothing against the latter though.

All in all, the most impressive 1st episode I've seen; setting up the pairings already, and the possible relationship triangles that can emerge would hopefully bring about some good drama/development.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 21:39   Link #92
Gains
Rain lover

Watched the subs, and this one is a keeper. Rie Tanaka is <3 her Gin-like voice is the one I like the most and I'm glad she used it.

My guess is confirmed with the subs. I thought Matsuki Miyu in the student list was a coincidence, but then I saw Mizuhashi Kaori and Konishi Katsuyuki. Nice name inserting there
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 22:17   Link #93
taelrak

4 guys? I thought that other guy was just the stereotypical cooler/better-looking foil to the main characters and just there for comic relief.
Old 2007-10-09, 23:03   Link #94
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
4 guys? I thought that other guy was just the stereotypical cooler/better-looking foil to the main characters and just there for comic relief.
I thought that as well. I think there are three main male character depending if that tall silent guy ends up likiing Mao. Looks like he'll be getting some screentime between the two.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:18   Link #95
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I thought that as well. I think there are three main male character depending if that tall silent guy ends up likiing Mao. Looks like he'll be getting some screentime between the two.
Well, there's still time and more girls to come, so Hiragii (sp?) could have a romance on his own, though that would require some screentime that could be used for the 3 other guys' romances

About that silent guy, I'm all for him and Mao...but I have this crazy theory that he's in love with his sensei lol.
I'm happy they wrote several male leads, Kouichi is a bit...bland so on his own, he would make the anime boring imo.
Old 2007-10-09, 23:31   Link #96
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Well, there's still time and more girls to come, so Hiragii (sp?) could have a romance on his own, though that would require some screentime that could be used for the 3 other guys' romances

About that silent guy, I'm all for him and Mao...but I have this crazy theory that he's in love with his sensei lol.
I'm happy they wrote several male leads, Kouichi is a bit...bland so on his own, he would make the anime boring imo.
There's still some girls who haven't been introduced. Unless Kou1 and Kazuki are going to get more girls into their current triangle, (( maybe, but doubtful )), either Hiiragi's gonna get his share, or the other girls will be non-romantic side characters.

Well, Kou1's non-bland points so far seems to have been divided into Kazuki's, so there's got to be a degree of compromise. It's better than harem!Kouichi at least. It's nice to see dynamics of male friends and how they view and fit in (( non-romantically, but as a friend )) in other friend's romance and stuff.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:35   Link #97
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There's still some girls who haven't been introduced. Unless Kou1 and Kazuki are going to get more girls into their current triangle, (( maybe, but doubtful )), either Hiiragi's gonna get his share, or the other girls will be non-romantic side characters.

Well, Kou1's non-bland points so far seems to have been divided into Kazuki's, so there's got to be a degree of compromise. It's better than harem!Kouichi at least. It's nice to see dynamics of male friends and how they view and fit in (( non-romantically, but as a friend )) in other friend's romance and stuff.
The anime will be quite memorable if Kouichi and Kazuki end up together at the last episode though.
Old 2007-10-10, 02:22   Link #98
DanielSong39

After 1 episode...

This show just didn't do it for me. It has no spark - a 5 out of 10.

Maybe my expectations were too high after reading the manga? The humor is gone, and without any plot or character focus, I couldn't get into the show.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 03:49   Link #99
Siegel Clyne

KimiKiss pure rouge Episode 1 Causes Uproar at 2ch

Before episode 1 of KimiKiss pure rouge aired anywhere in Japan, theye were only on the third KimiKiss pure rouge on the current anime board. Since episode 1 of KimiKiss pure rouge begin airing in Japan, starting in the Kansai region (Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, etc.) of Japan on MBS, October 6, 2007, Saturday night, 11:00pm-, they are on the 20th KimiKiss pure rouge thread - and counting - on that board. And this excludes specified anti-KimiKiss pure rouge threads.

(Each thread consists of 1,000 responses, replies, or posts.)

I stop following the KimiKiss pure rouge threads on the 2ch current anime board (after the 11th one), like I have done over a year ago with the Rozen Maiden threads on the 2ch current and past anime boards. Just too many posts in too short of a time.

At 2ch, the many male fans of the original KimiKiss game and the subsequent KimiKiss seinen manga by Shinonome Tarou serialized in Young Animal hate the KimiKiss pure rouge anime.

Repeatedly citing that members of the JC STAFF staff who are working on the KimiKiss pure rouge anime, led by director Kasai Ken'ichi, are known for doing anime aimed at female audiences - usually based on shoujo and josei manga (Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Mirumo de Pon!, etc.) - they accuse JC STAFF of, among other things, turning KimiKiss pure rouge into a shoujo manga and a cheap daytime soap opera watched by women, catering to fujoshi viewers and alienating otaku fans of the original game and the Shinonome manga, and ripping off Beverly Hills 90210!

Entertaining.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-10-10 at 04:00.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 04:00   Link #100
Jhono1

I have to say that I was more than ready to delete this after watching the few first minutes. The clichés just kept coming. But then the story managed to surprise me, in a good way. To me it dosent seem like the usual childhood friend, falling in love bla bla bla crap standard harem fare. Sigh, yet another show to follow this fall!
Jhono1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen