AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-08-14, 19:51   Link #661
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Anyways, how many demon slayer families have been introduced by the way?
So far I've counted five.

Rank by power:
Kagamimori Kasuri - Kagamimori family
Amakawa Yuuto - Amakawa family
Mikari Ranka - Jibashiri family <--- (Changed her family name)
Yakouin Hitsugi - Yakouin family
Jinguji Kuesu - Jinguji family

Some of the other family have been mentioned here and there but I think thats all of them with an existing family member.
Old 2009-08-16, 01:19   Link #662
going techno

How many types of demons have been shown?
going techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:46   Link #663
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by going techno View Post
How many types of demons have been shown?
Friendly one? or all of them?
1.Bakeneko\Nekomimi : Himari
2.Mizuchi : Shuzuku
3.Hinoenma : Ageha
4.Daidaraboshi : Daidarabotch (?)
5.Karakasa : Sasa
6. Tsukumogami : Lizlett L Chelsie
7.Zashiki warashi : Kaya
8.Kyuubi : Tama-chan (Tamao no Mae)
9.Shouten Douji : ?
10.Fukuru Mayoubi : Aya (Messenger Youkai girl of Amakawa household)
11.Kasha : Kagetsuki (Shuzuku ally)
12.Nuppeppou : appear in Yuuto school Festival
13.Nobusuma : appear in Yuuto school Festival
14.Tantan Kororin : appear in Yuuto school Festival
15.Unnamed youkai : pull Yuuto over a cliff
16.Pillow counter youkai : latch on to Rinko
17.add more since my memory suck!

Last edited by surerman; 2009-08-18 at 11:28.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 12:02   Link #664
Jze0
Hmmm...

^
Your forgeting...
6. Liz - tsukumogami (Tea cup spirit)
7. Kaya - zashiki-warashi
Old 2009-08-16, 14:30   Link #665
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
So far I've counted five.

Rank by power:
Kagamimori Kasuri - Kagamimori family
Amakawa Yuuto - Amakawa family
Mikari Ranka - Jibashiri family <--- (Changed her family name)
Yakouin Hitsugi - Yakouin family
Jinguji Kuesu - Jinguji family

Some of the other family have been mentioned here and there but I think thats all of them with an existing family member.
Where was it said that the Kagamimori family was better than Amakawa?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 14:58   Link #666
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Where was it said that the Kagamimori family was better than Amakawa?
from this page I think
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=48719&page=25
Old 2009-08-17, 10:05   Link #667
Byakugan01

About Shouten Douji-that isn't actually the kind of yokai/spirit he is, but rather his name. I did a little research, and (if Matra Milan's sticking to his background in myth), it appears that Shouten Douji is actually a particular Oni. I guess that explains why he was disappointed that the store he and Tama attacked Yuuto and Co. in didn't serve alcoholic drinks.

Also, isn't Kagetsuki a Kasha? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what Himari refers to him as. I was also under the impression that Sasa was a Datara rather than a karakasa.

Edit: Found some scattered background info from the myth of Shouten Douji:
1. He's supposed to be about 20 ft tall.
2. Loves to drink sake (to be expected...he's an Oni, after all)
3. Lives on Mt. Oeyama, near Kyoto.
4. Famous for kidnapping maidens.
5. Has four strong demons serving him.

Well, the author already has shown #2 to be true in this verse, but we'll have to see about the other four. I can't find an English version of his legend though, so this is all from several secondary sources.

Edit#2: And it appears this post is the 666th post in this thread... heh.

Last edited by Byakugan01; 2009-08-17 at 11:51.
Byakugan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 14:49   Link #668
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Friendly one? or all of them?
1.Nekomimi : Himari
Nekomimi isn't a type of demon. Himari is a bakeneko
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 19:35   Link #669
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Nekomimi isn't a type of demon. Himari is a bakeneko
Nekomimi is a form of Bakeneko after their 2nd form.

Bakeneko form:
1st Ordinari cat but drink lamp oil sometimes have 2 or 3 tail,walk with hinder legs
2nd Cat that can speak and think like human have a little or huge magic power
3rd Beautiful woman or girl with cat behavior (like fish,hate water) can turn to cat (Nekomimi)
4th Over posessif behavior Demon toward it's lover (owner) and in the process, eat their mistress to replace her as the cat owner's girl or wife,some times appear as huge cat which hostile toward anyone around it's owner, and kill them at night, especially female
source: Wiki and other Nekomimi manga/anime I watch so far
Old 2009-08-18, 01:52   Link #670
kagato3

Not sure which Wiki you are refering to as none of the ones I've been to link Nekomimi (lit cat ears more commonly use as the name for catgirls) to Bakeneko or any type ofdemon/Youkai You may be confuseing it with Nekomata a type of Bakeneko that has 2 tails.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
Old 2009-08-18, 03:10   Link #671
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Not sure which Wiki you are refering to as none of the ones I've been to link Nekomimi (lit cat ears more commonly use as the name for catgirls) to Bakeneko or any type ofdemon/Youkai You may be confuseing it with Nekomata a type of Bakeneko that has 2 tails.
Isn't Nekomata is a Cat demon too? a cat that have longer life span 4x times of average cat, can speak and walk with hinder legs?

And Nekomimi is a demon, no matter how cute or humanly they are in any anime or manga, a Cat Demon except if it was a human girl who put a fake tail and cat ears as their costume. IMO they have different name just because their characteristic.
Old 2009-08-18, 11:02   Link #672
Byakugan01

Don't they specifically refer to it as her "cat-ear" mode at some point in the manga? I think it was right after Himari walked in on Yuuto's, ah, "training". IMO, she's a bakeneko with a catgirl form.

Also, here is where Himari states that Kagetsuki is a kasha (type of demon that eats corpses). I can't find any more information on Shouten Douji, however, although I have learned that there is in fact an english translation of his legend...
Old 2009-08-18, 23:22   Link #673
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Isn't Nekomata is a Cat demon too? a cat that have longer life span 4x times of average cat, can speak and walk with hinder legs?

And Nekomimi is a demon, no matter how cute or humanly they are in any anime or manga, a Cat Demon except if it was a human girl who put a fake tail and cat ears as their costume. IMO they have different name just because their characteristic.
Nekomata is a more powerful sub set of Bakeneko as is Kasha all of the more powerful ones are shape shifters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bake-neko entry on the obakemono project
Indeed bake-neko could exceed normal cats in size by orders of magnitude, reaching their enormous arms
in through doors looking for human prey like an average feline pawing around in a mousehole. They could also
take a humanoid form, sometimes devouring people and stealing their identities. A famous bake-neko
story involves a man named Takasu Genbei, whose pet cat of many years went missing just as his mother's
personality changed completely. The woman shunned company and took her meals alone in her room, and when
the curious family peered in on her, they saw not a human being but a feline monster in the old lady's clothes,
chewing on animal carcasses. Takasu, with much reluctance, slew what looked like his mother, and after a day
had passed the body turned back into the same pet cat that had gone missing. After that Takasu miserably tore
up the tatami mats and the floorboards in his mother's room, only to find the old woman's bones hidden there,
gnawed clean of flesh.

Cats were also strongly associated with the dead, and a cat belonging to a recently deceased person was viewed
with much suspicion, sometimes locked away to keep it from becoming a kasha, a kind of demon that
descended from the sky to steal corpses, and which often had a cat-like form. A kind of bake-neko with
a forked tail, called a neko-mata, was said to be capable of manipulating corpses like puppets.

My point is that nekomimi is not the name of a type of demon and never has been. It's like saying the girls from Inugami are a type of demon called an Inumimi (dog ear) instead of what they are Inugami or that Shuzuku is a demon called a loli-snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv tropes
The Japanese (or at least manga and anime creators) (and the internet) seem to have a fascination with Nekomimi — catgirls, literally "cat-eared". The combination of feline and female seems to resonate strongly in the collective muse and shows up in many forms, ranging from the "10,000 horsepower innocent" cyborg Nuku-Nuku (from All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku) all the way up to the devastatingly sexy criminals Ana and Una Puma from Dominion Tank Police. They are found in genres as widely varied as High Fantasy (Merle and others in Vision Of Escaflowne), light comedy and Cyber Punk, proving that they are not a setting-specific feature, but a general type that can be inserted into just about anything. This makes sense, because cats are girls.

The catgirl seems to have roots in ancient myth with a Nekomata, but the first true catgirl (and thus the trope) appears to have been created by Osamu Tezuka in the 1950s. Interestingly, Catwoman from the Batman series predates this creation by at least 10 years, but she only dresses up in cat motif — she doesn't have any biologically cat-like features, an Island of Dr. Moreau-esque episode of Batman The Animated Series notwithstanding.
click to play
Old 2009-08-19, 21:00   Link #674
going techno

whats the symbol for the families, I know Kuesu is the twilight moon crescent, but what about the other families?
Old 2009-08-22, 19:22   Link #675
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Anyone knows when will be released the next chapter??
Old 2009-08-24, 10:41   Link #676
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Anyone knows when will be released the next chapter??
There is no set schedule. Its released when the scanlator releases it.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:44   Link #677
Byakugan01

Isn't it a monthly manga? If so, then we have to wait until next month to get the translation. That's as close to a set schedule for next release as you're going to get, though.
Old 2009-08-28, 13:56   Link #678
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakugan01 View Post
Isn't it a monthly manga? If so, then we have to wait until next month to get the translation. That's as close to a set schedule for next release as you're going to get, though.
Its released monthly in its native country but that doesn't mean the scanlator will release it monthly. Its out when its out.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 14:23   Link #679
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's caught up at the moment, scanlation wise...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:54   Link #680
going techno

every month Matra Milan home page gets updated after every chapter of omamori himari and it talks about the new chapters that are coming next month but so far there is no update on the home page.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, licensed, romance, shounen