AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-04-20, 17:45   Link #761
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

The chapter 39(trasnslated) was good, there is the Raw for the 41 but for some reason, the 40 is missing and yeah there is a new girl and a...... wood??
Old 2010-04-21, 12:24   Link #762
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

39 was good. Horrific scanlation, but it did the job. I give the guy a lot of credit for using Paint to do it.

And if you are going to talk about future chapters, use spoiler tags please. It may be a while until the next chapter is scanlated.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 14:24   Link #763
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Almost forgotten this since the last release was so long ago.

Spoiler for ch41:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 01:25   Link #764
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Dunno if this has been posted yet but the end of Vol5 has a chart explaining the current state of all 12 clans. Apparently No.7 during Edo challenged Tama and got wiped out.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 07:52   Link #765
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Dunno if this has been posted yet but the end of Vol5 has a chart explaining the current state of all 12 clans. Apparently No.7 during Edo challenged Tama and got wiped out.
the entire clan fought? so no blood descendants?

so of 12 families... who still lives to this day?

that woman in teh raw is TEH WOLF!!!!! WOLF!!!!!! HIMARI HAS NEW OPPONENT!!!!
ZeKeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 08:06   Link #766
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post

Which chapter Raw are u talking about?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 08:10   Link #767
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Which chapter Raw are u talking about?
ch. 40 the girl who was eating a hotdog(?).... my bad in words... the new girl in 41 is a yuki onna..... thats what i think she is....

and guys.....

since the amakawa family differentiate friend from foe amongst the demons, its no surprise that since they walk among spirits certain species are falling for their members as they are good natured and do not indiscriminately kill. this is shown in the current head of the family, yuuto.... even if he does not know it, he already owns...... correct me if i'm wrong.... a

cat - himari
object spirit - lizlette
childhood friend - rinko
water dragon - shizuko
arranged fiance/fellow demon slayer - kuesu
class president (is she confirmed or not?) - the president (i dunno her name)
messenger that carries objects in its stomach - aya (yeah right)
child spirit in the mat - kaya
air demon - ageha (really?)

*NEW WOMEN*
fellow demon slayer - yakuoin
yuki onna (i highly believe she is one) - fuyu
the mysterious girl (THE WOLF!!!!! i believe she's teh wolf!!!!!!)

Last edited by ZeKeR; 2010-04-24 at 08:46.
Old 2010-04-24, 21:56   Link #768
Hypernova

Quote:

1.土御門 - Passed down from the legendary Abe clan. The most powerful, they keep to themselves unlike the 12th so details are slim.

2.上櫻 - After WW2 considered their own power too dangerous, sealed their own powers and disappeared.

3.各務森: The only clan that "seals" instead of exterminate. Only the miko with "the eye of the beast" in one of her eyes can become the head of the clan.

4.狐月鏡: During WW2 one of the 2 clans of the "Ancient relic acquisition committee" along with no.9, died out in the war.

5.寶條: Power of electricity, during the Showa period the entire clan was wiped out in an explosion. Speculation is that they were conducting an experiment to increase their power.

6.天河: Yuuto's, nuff said

7.空須: Don't actually have any spiritual power. They use kendo. During Edo challenged Tama and got wiped out.

8.地走: Harness the power of the earth as strength, they were involved extensively (members enter the army as commissioned officers) in WW2 battles and died out. However some speculate to have survived.

9.火群: Power of fire, one of the 2 clans of the "Ancient relic acquisition committee". Along with no.4 died out in battle in the foreign land.

10.炵: Power of wind, During Sengoku in order to seal the gate of hell the head of clan used up all of his power and died. After that no strong spirit power users were born and the clan slowly faded.

11.夜光院: Can see the future, they can also perform high speed calculation but it burns out their brain cells. Thus they have no combat power. Current head work as a Bishoujo Denpa Detective.

12.神宮寺: It is not known how they emerged and they have their unique system of magic. They were promoted to the 12 clans for their fame as demon slayers but were still looked down upon due to their unique system. Later leaned closer to western magic. Regarded among the current active slayers as the strongest.

So the official status is thus
Alive: 3
Extinct: 6:
Unknown: 3

From the gist of it "Ancient relic acquisition committee" was an operation launched by the 4th and 9th during WW2 to rob some of China's relics but they got wiped out from local resistance.

Last edited by Hypernova; 2010-04-24 at 22:08.
Old 2010-04-24, 22:26   Link #769
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
1.土御門 - Passed down from the legendary Abe clan. The most powerful, they keep to themselves unlike the 12th so details are slim.

2.上櫻 - After WW2 considered their own power too dangerous, sealed their own powers and disappeared.

3.各務森: The only clan that "seals" instead of exterminate. Only the miko with "the eye of the beast" in one of her eyes can become the head of the clan.

4.狐月鏡: During WW2 one of the 2 clans of the "Ancient relic acquisition committee" along with no.9, died out in the war.

5.寶條: Power of electricity, during the Showa period the entire clan was wiped out in an explosion. Speculation is that they were conducting an experiment to increase their power.

6.天河: Yuuto's, nuff said

7.空須: Don't actually have any spiritual power. They use kendo. During Edo challenged Tama and got wiped out.

8.地走: Harness the power of the earth as strength, they were involved extensively (members enter the army as commissioned officers) in WW2 battles and died out. However some speculate to have survived.

9.火群: Power of fire, one of the 2 clans of the "Ancient relic acquisition committee". Along with no.4 died out in battle in the foreign land.

10.炵: Power of wind, During Sengoku in order to seal the gate of hell the head of clan used up all of his power and died. After that no strong spirit power users were born and the clan slowly faded.

11.夜光院: Can see the future, they can also perform high speed calculation but it burns out their brain cells. Thus they have no combat power. Current head work as a Bishoujo Denpa Detective.

12.神宮寺: It is not known how they emerged and they have their unique system of magic. They were promoted to the 12 clans for their fame as demon slayers but were still looked down upon due to their unique system. Later leaned closer to western magic. Regarded among the current active slayers as the strongest.

So the official status is thus
Alive: 3
Extinct: 6:
Unknown: 3

From the gist of it "Ancient relic acquisition committee" was an operation launched by the 4th and 9th during WW2 to rob some of China's relics but they got wiped out from local resistance.
yuuto's is unknown? i thought he was the current head now?

also, no. 8 was the clan shizuku hated right? though they have been wiped out, there are still branch families that have the weaker blood am i correct?
Old 2010-04-24, 22:32   Link #770
Hypernova

Quote:
yuuto's is unknown? i thought he was the current head now?

also, no. 8 was the clan shizuku hated right? though they have been wiped out, there are still branch families that have the weaker blood am i correct?
IMO the "status" is just what the demon slayer community at large perceives them.

[edit] It's been a while so I consulted baidu wiki: Yeah the girl shizuku was trying to kill was from a branch of the 8th that had her power sealed.

Last edited by Hypernova; 2010-04-24 at 22:45.
Old 2010-04-25, 06:04   Link #771
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
IMO the "status" is just what the demon slayer community at large perceives them.

[edit] It's been a while so I consulted baidu wiki: Yeah the girl shizuku was trying to kill was from a branch of the 8th that had her power sealed.
cool......

the amakawa family really are prone to harem... i can imagine the family heads before in ancient times are being fought over by the other families due to thar power... AND thar looks.... Even spirits fall in love with them for thar kindness.... but i have to ask... why are they no. 6 when thar powers are very powerful and are coveted by other clans?
Old 2010-04-25, 09:53   Link #772
Newhope

The Clan numbers probably have nothing to do with how powerful that clan is/was, it's more likely the number represents the order in which the clans gained there power clan 1 is the oldest while kuesu's clan number 12 been the youngest.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 10:18   Link #773
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
The Clan numbers probably have nothing to do with how powerful that clan is/was, it's more likely the number represents the order in which the clans gained there power clan 1 is the oldest while kuesu's clan number 12 been the youngest.
Well for what it's worth the 1st is also the most powerful even if they don't show up. They probably will though once the battle with Tama escalates.

We will probably see one's from 2nd at some point too, since "power so great it has to be sealed" makes great plot device.
Old 2010-04-25, 12:39   Link #774
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I seriously believed that "Ferry Light" was damn powerful already. Can't believe there'll be anything more powerful than that. If we think about how it turn normal branch to work like legendary weapon.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 19:57   Link #775
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I seriously believed that "Ferry Light" was damn powerful already. Can't believe there'll be anything more powerful than that. If we think about how it turn normal branch to work like legendary weapon.
they had the highest raw power if left unchecked i think.... no. 2's problem is that they cant control theirs so they sealed it.... yuuto's family is that they cant fully harness the great power welling inside... also.... in days of old demons were wary and afraid of the said power as the power has a physical backup.... so instead of using only pure power to attack, the demon would not only receive physical blows but also be damaged (or possibly killed) by the power... did you even notice kuesu was only using magic based spells and no physical attacks besides her gun?

well lets wait for moar developments and crap like that.... and if what im thinking is correct, the surviving female descendants will eventually flock to yuuto.....
kuesu isnt the only one who has an eye for yuuto later on....
Old 2010-04-26, 14:01   Link #776
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
I managed to find and read Chinese raw of chapter 40, Kuesu have lewd dreams, what an Ecchi Witch.
About the newest girl in Raw of chapter 41...
Spoiler:
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 19:51   Link #777
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
I managed to find and read Chinese raw of chapter 40, Kuesu have lewd dreams, what an Ecchi Witch.
About the newest girl in Raw of chapter 41...
Spoiler:

nope.... i dont think she is the kyuubi...... not by a long shot....

oh and do you agree fuyu was hawt?
Old 2010-04-27, 04:31   Link #778
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
nope.... i dont think she is the kyuubi...... not by a long shot....

oh and do you agree fuyu was hawt?
yes, she's hawt, but not as hawt as Himari or Liz, or Kuesu
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 13:56   Link #779
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I don't think wolf girl has that long of a hair. (trying to compare novel pictures...)

I hope she's a Boss though.

down to this then......

human - i dont think so... not by a long shot....

youkai - very likely... very VERY likely....

demon slayer - well?

Last edited by Solace; 2010-04-27 at 14:27. Reason: Removed site names.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:19   Link #780
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Well now I read elsewhere and she's a rival......."shrugg". Could be the Wolf girl, but somehow I don't want it to be her.
of course she's a rival.... did you see the way she hugged him? also is this scanlated already? the last thing that we need is this being wiped off the face off the internet manga hosting sites.....

and i gotta admit.... matra milan DOES like long hair better than short ones..

so now.... kuesu, himari, shizuku, liz, rinko will have to deal with both fuyu and the new girl......

yuuto.... you are really a walking woman magnet... you dont even care whether that girl is human or spirit..... DAMN....

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, licensed, romance, shounen