AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 30 19.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 36.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 33.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-05, 19:58   Link #21
wrex_japan

Ep. 10 Screencaps and summary.

Yeah, Clare shows the rest for calling her "#47"
Old 2007-06-05, 20:10   Link #22
Lendial

damnit i wish i didnt click on those ever so tempting spoiler pics, my gosh that is nasty. cant wait till i see this ep.
Old 2007-06-05, 22:53   Link #23
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

I'm really excited about this episode. This is where I stopped in the manga so this will be completely new to me. I've seen a few of the spoiler images and they look gruesome.

Eclipse will release tomorrow so I can't wait!
Old 2007-06-05, 23:37   Link #24
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, the episode was actually pretty cool, though very were quite a few points that I did not like.

For once, Galatea and Hermitta sounded like they were considerably retarded. What's the point of speaking so slowly and deliberately? I was just silly.

Secondly, despite the cool fighting, the storyboards for the episode were terrible. Fast scenes were constantly being interrupted with stare-and-talk expositions that explained various matters which stole the tension from the fighting every single time. Talk-and-state is really not the way to go if you are trying to produce an impression of dynamism and fluidity.

On the other hand, the episode was just brutal. The amount of blood and gore easily topped anything we've seen so far from Claymore, and there were moments where I felt like they went an extra mile to produce a suitable impression. Like the Awakened spitting out Deneve's chewed up half-eaten arm. Wow.

I also liked the important touch they've added by giving the Awakened an intelligent manner and tone of voice. He really sounded a whole another level above the regular brainless RAWRGUUUUTS type of yoma, which is very good for conveying the level of power and cunning that the Awakened possess.

Yoki radar = a very awesome idea. Again, a big plus for novelty.

Oh, and the color palette looked more vivid that the previous episodes, which is a step up from all the grayness and boredom.

So, all in all, a decent flawed episode that managed to impress me in several aspects.
Old 2007-06-05, 23:53   Link #25
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

I think that MrProphet is right here, that's my impression of the episode aswell.

The problem is that what works in the manga - where the panels seem to fly by much easier, so you can fill them with longish necessary explanations without breaking the flow. That however is not easily possible in the anime, where the explanation scenes lead to "stop-and-stare" scenes, and a "jerky" instead of "flowing" impression in the story progression.

Another problem was that they decided to extend this episode a bit in order to make it fit with the next one. A little bit less would have been quite a bit more, in fact, but they had to round it out.

Pretty good choice for Glamor Girl's VA, even though her voice is a little trace darker than I imagined.
Old 2007-06-06, 00:02   Link #26
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Pretty good choice for Glamor Girl's VA, even though her voice is a little trace darker than I imagined.
Who is Ai Orikasa, anyway?

She seems to have voiced a lot of roles, but most of them are either relatively old or are supporting third tier characters.
Old 2007-06-06, 00:28   Link #27
Kaka
罪人クロノ

good episode

but Galatea's voice was kinda disappointing.....
the voice sounds a bit old for her age/appearance

btw.....anyone know who's the seiyuu for Galatea?
it seems the ending credit has mistakenly typed 平田広明 for her voice....
Old 2007-06-06, 01:08   Link #28
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

After some trouble getting a raw (the usual ones werenít there yet) I finished watching this episode with mixed feelings.

The anime lost it pace a bit by adding some scenes which werenít in the manga. Basically I felt that the slashers arc easily could have been done in 2 eps. Thatís why I initially wanted to give it a 7.

However after giving it some thought I realised that it would do this episode no justice at all since this is the anime and not the manga. Therefore based on more neutral merits I gave the episode a well deserved 8+ based on the following:
Spoiler for anime episode 10 spoilers:

I assume that the last ep in this arc will also deviate a bit from the manga otherwise I am not sure how they can manage to have a full episode. Although I have every faith that Madhouse will come up with a worthy solution.
Old 2007-06-06, 05:01   Link #29
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow great!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-06, 06:12   Link #30
HinaThePrince

Thoughts:

-This episode is pretty boring when you've already read the manga.
-Agreed with bad action-to-explanation transition. Too much talking in general.
-Galatea's voice was pretty nice, but it sounded too much like Clare's and she talked too slowly, which made her sound retarded.
-The "OMG VICTORY!!" music that started playing the moment Clare grabbed her sword was totally out of place.
-Clare's badassness is epic.
-The art kind of sucks, or at least - it doesn't fit with the voice acting. Helen is yelling and her mouth is tiny. Helen is freaking out and her face is calm. Etc, etc.
-What hour IS this stuff aired on?! The stomach-tentacle-rape part was FREAKING PAINFUL.

So. The usual 7.
Old 2007-06-06, 06:45   Link #31
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
-What hour IS this stuff aired on?! The stomach-tentacle-rape part was FREAKING PAINFUL.
If I'm not wrong, the hour is 25:26, that should be 1:26 am
Old 2007-06-06, 07:14   Link #32
tiancai

wow
miria's seyu is kikuko inoue
Old 2007-06-06, 08:14   Link #33
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
So the ep will be better if there is no talking, but one continuous action sequence?
Old 2007-06-06, 08:58   Link #34
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
So the ep will be better if there is no talking, but one continuous action sequence?
Are you trying to be funny? Sarcastic? Because jumping from one extreme to another is not what we are discussing here.

There is a thing called "pacing". This episode lacked it.
Old 2007-06-06, 09:33   Link #35
zato_1one

This Ep. sequence was pretty much like in manga and had much talking indeed. But I'm still waiting for sub. Because I'm sure it will be more better when you understand what they're talking than just only stare to the monitor. Assume that I'm not a manga reader, if those dialogs are informative and let me know more about my favorite character. I'm sure I still enjoy and won't mind hearing them though.

For now I can only tell that
- I thought they used too much flash light.
- Miria's arms were poorly drawn when she carried Clare and Helen, imo.
- Love Galatea!!! The most beautiful girl in this series, imo.
- It seemed they explain about male Awaken through MIB perspective. I liked it. Because it was far better than Miria stayed still explaining this to her comrade. And let that Awaken thought to himself "WTF! Why I have to wait until she finish explaining?"
- That bastard licked Miria-sama!
- I love GORE and Clare ROCKs.

Add one more, I felt that that Awaken was a lot lot bigger than when he pierced Deneve.

Last edited by zato_1one; 2007-06-06 at 10:27.
Old 2007-06-06, 09:45   Link #36
hrist

That male Awaken's tongue sure looks like a make's private part when it gouge her stomach
Old 2007-06-06, 09:53   Link #37
stormy001_M1A2

Just checking.

And I don't try to be sarcastic here, just wondering.
Old 2007-06-06, 10:02   Link #38
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Just finished watching the RAW, while I do agree with others that the pacing is off, It is still pretty good considering that alot of the dialogue is vital to the story, it would realy only bore manga readers, since it is info we already know

I thought they did a great job with Miria and Clare's respective abilities, always loved the entire part where they unvield their powers for the first time.

I give the episode an 8, would probably be higher, but their were a few parts here and there that got on my nerves, and that SACK-OF-SLIME licked my Miria-sama!

Edit: And all of you have dirty minds for thinking that that guys tongue looks like "that" during that Scene :P
Old 2007-06-06, 10:36   Link #39
stormy001_M1A2

Actually after viewing the raw, I don't think it is off paced. Explanation is essential for non manga readers. The episode is okay but I don't see anything wrong with the pacing.
Old 2007-06-06, 10:43   Link #40
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Actually after viewing the raw, I don't think it is off paced. Explanation is essential for non manga readers. The episode is okay but I don't see anything wrong with the pacing.
Actually after going watching it again (because im a Claytard) I agree, kinda wish I gave it a 9 instead of an 8 now