AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 30 19.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 36.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 33.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-06, 19:22   Link #81
LCeh

I am a little surprised at where this episode ended. Before watching the ep I thought the fight would at least drag onto the third ep, but having watched it I realized this was already about as slow as they could go. Next ep will be a dialogue heavy one then.
Old 2007-06-06, 19:24   Link #82
vhx

Found this ep pretty good. I thought the pacing went quite well. Found it pretty gory too, especially when he captured the more powerful one and started torturing her by cutting her stomach open and pushing his tongue inside her further (that kinda sounds wrong). Anyways, go Clare! Definitely has more training to do to perfect the Yoki sensing thing. Looks like she's basically trying to follow in Teresa's footsteps, including techniques. I hope Clare ends up as strong as Teresa using the flash sword thing and just wielding a sword really well. Logically, I think that would have to happen since she needs to kill Priscilla who done in Teresa.

On another note, I think this ep was good in also explaining the reasoning behind why there are no male Claymores anymore. I thought it wasn't physiologically possible or something like that. Anyways, I wonder what this would mean for Raki in the future. :O

Anyways, can't wait till next week.
Old 2007-06-06, 20:20   Link #83
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I quite liked this episode. One of my favourites so far. Good bit of action, with a bit of backstory that we want to know (Why males were a failure) and of course, seeing Clare kick arse.
Old 2007-06-06, 20:30   Link #84
Guido

Scene 10 - The Slashers, Part II

Well, this is the week where most of the spring shows have already reached their 10th episode mark, and I quite don't believe that in just about three weeks we'll be halfway done with Claymore.

The only pair of things which I have to complain about this episode were firstly, their choice of music. It just did not fit with the gore, bloodshed, and ominous atmosphere of quasi-despair. They needed to insert a more macabre song that would had gone along with all the butchering.

Secondly, I do not know if this was toned down from the manga or was even gorier than the manga, but I do was expecting the Awakened (at least most of them to be featured) to behave in a more brutally, vicious, hyper-sadistic manner.
Don't take me wrong. Green guy did a decent job on impaling our four girls, manhandling Miria with his tongue, and take a good chomp out of Deneve.
It is just that he didn't go too much apeshit just like average Yoma. Spot human, then go postal and eat human.

Oh, well! I guess I am hyperrooting too sooner. I just need to give more time for other Awakened (and I mean the very big, bad bosses) to show up.

Nonetheless, it was a fantastic episodes.
Spoiler:

What thing disturbs is about the male Awakened One.
Spoiler:

What was as well spectacular was the variety of skills displayed.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-06, 20:37   Link #85
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I dont understand something. When they explained the reason for there being Male Awakened Ones, the yoma said there was an innaccuracy with the explaination. What did he mean? Also, what did Maria figure out when he said "someone as smart as you shouldve figured it out"? What does it have to do with their group?

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-06-06, 21:09   Link #86
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Maybe I'm hardened to action scenes and gore. I mean, while "300" was certainly gloriously gory, I wasn't much impressed nor pumped up about it. Poor acting and extremely naive character development ruined my enjoyment of what would otherwise have been a "so-so" summer blockbuster.

In the same way, while I'll certainly agree that it's your subjective opinion as to whether to give high marks for the gore in this episode, frankly, as far as I'm concerned, the poor voice-acting detracted from the fun (I'd blame the director rather than the VAs -- I think the VAs were fairly competent, especially Galatea's, but I suspect that they did not receive adequate direction on parts where they needed to sound more emphatic and emotional).

In other words, gore + action alone does not a good show make. Going by how well Episodes 4, 5 and 8 were executed (in my opinion only, of course) I had indeed expected something at least as good for this episode -- because this is the turning point in the series. From this point on, things are going to get more intense. If this episode is the producer's idea of "intense", then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-06 at 22:34. Reason: deleted spoiler
Old 2007-06-06, 22:36   Link #87
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
I dont understand something. When they explained the reason for there being Male Awakened Ones, the yoma said there was an innaccuracy with the explaination. What did he mean? Also, what did Maria figure out when he said "someone as smart as you shouldve figured it out"? What does it have to do with their group?
Oh dear, you're so cruel to the manga readers by asking questions that they feel they must answer. I hope that nobody else will make mistakes like in those last two posts...

Does anyone who hasn't read the manga want to speculate about the answer to that question?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-06, 22:47   Link #88
Lendial

awesome ep, im shocked they could show his tounge going inside her and moving around. the claymore abilities are alot more diverse than i would have imagined.
regeneration , super speed- sounds alot like bleach's shunpo, extending body parts, and reading yoki.
Old 2007-06-06, 23:10   Link #89
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Grr! Those crazy Narutards are beating us Claytards out by only 3 people!!! (56 to our 53) Still, that accounts for more than half the current members in the Current Anime section.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Ep 11's DLing so I'll see it tomorrow. Any ep with Miria in it's already got '8' from me.
Old 2007-06-06, 23:32   Link #90
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Does anyone who hasn't read the manga want to speculate about the answer to that question?
*raises hand* I understood it as an ellipsis of what the old guy told Galatea a couple of seconds earlier. That is, that male Claymores were much more powerful than female (that's why Miria suddenly thinks of the number of people that were called on the mission). Since it had already been mentioned, I think they just felt it was an unnecessary repetition... But whatever, I'm fairly sure it will have some sort of importance later as manga people want to spoil us so much... ^_^

Quote:
Maybe I'm hardened to action scenes and gore. I mean, while "300" was certainly gloriously gory, I wasn't much impressed nor pumped up about it. Poor acting and extremely naive character development ruined my enjoyment of what would otherwise have been a "so-so" summer blockbuster.
This... is not madness! THIS IS CLAYMORE!! [/lame joke]

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-06, 23:42   Link #91
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Oh dear, you're so cruel to the manga readers by asking questions that they feel they must answer. I hope that nobody else will make mistakes like in those last two posts...

My guess is that male awakened beings are used as a promotion test to rank the claymores. You survive u up some rank else u die.
Old 2007-06-06, 23:50   Link #92
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:

Resisting the urge to answer these questions is quite difficult at times.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-07 at 01:40. Reason: spoiler removed
Old 2007-06-07, 00:09   Link #93
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Sure. This ep didn't explain why those 4 were sent, which Maria initally believes are too weak to handle the target. They better explain that next week.

My guess is all 4 of them are believed to close to going over their limit and lose control. Clare already passed her limit once. Maria also observed that both Helen and Deneve using their special power near their limit. So the .org send them to a death trap as a retirement farewell party. How else can they layoff expiring Claymores?

Last edited by cf18; 2007-06-07 at 00:30.
Old 2007-06-07, 00:10   Link #94
zetsumei

A pretty good ep, only ep that deserve a 10 so far was ep 08 imho. Hopefully there'll be a few more episode like ep 08; the shocked and drama factor in that ep was too good.

Going to read the manga now to catch up with the anime
Old 2007-06-07, 00:12   Link #95
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
That is, that male Claymores were much more powerful than female
I'm not so sure the male Claymores were more powerful than their female counterparts (though there does seem to be the implication that they might have been, on the whole; it's a vague enough statement to not be taken as an absolute, though). It's more the fact that, if it's a male, it had to have been created sometime in the distant past when the Organization first started. That means he's been around a while (due to either power, cunning, or just staying under the Org's radar (though the innkeeper belies that tactic)), and is skilled in the use of his abilities, etc., as opposed to some fresh female Awakened that hasn't had time to mature into her full power, and may not be as skilled in the use of said power.

Note: they may have in fact awakened at their full power (cf: Priscilla; I don't think we'd argue about who's more powerful, Priscilla or this male Awakened), but that doesn't mean they've necessarily got the hang of how to use it in nasty and devious ways (ie: tongue-fu).

Anyway, that's my interpretation of the "It's a male?!" comment.
Old 2007-06-07, 00:38   Link #96
Fruitfly

I gave this episode a 10
This episode made me realize how amazing Teresa really was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
Sure. This ep didn't explain why those 4 were sent, which Maria initally believes are too weak to handle the target. They better explain that next week.

My guess is all 4 of them are believed to close to going over their limit and lose control. Clair already passed her limit once. Maria also observed that both Helen and Deneve using their special power near their limit. So the .org send them to a death trap as a retirement farewell party. How else can they layoff expiring Claymores?
I was thinking the same thing but Miria looks to be okay.
Another guess would be that it was a test to find good Claymores for something much more stronger. Plus Miria can teach Clare how to use Yoki instantly if they're in a group together. dunno
Old 2007-06-07, 01:44   Link #97
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

maybe it bz all 4 of them was once close to becoming a awaken?Since Clare almost become a Awakened one
Old 2007-06-07, 02:10   Link #98
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Good episode, Overall I think they did a good representation of the manga, which is what I like about this series it follows very closely to the manga. As discussed earlier I think one of the reason Clare doesn't use her ability to read Youma so pronouncedly as discussed earlier. as It was said by Miria that one she can't read it so well during offensive, (" You need too train more part"). Clare almost always releases some Yoki to counter for her weak fight strength. Which hampers here ability to use it to that affect. Theresa was known for never releasing Yoki energy, but in contrast she was an extremley formidable opponent with out it.
Old 2007-06-07, 02:55   Link #99
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
mediocre episode at best .
i hate the 2 peeps that stand away looking at the battle, a very poor way to introduce new character imo.
hack & slash episode ala saint seya.
Evil_being_#003 : Mouhahaha i m so powerfull, cant touch me (Mc hammer TM).
Claymore_#001-004 : Ohnoes he is so powerfull we cant touch him.
Claymore_#004 : **princess athena please grant me your power to prevail**
Claymore_#004 : zomg i now all ubber after having been molested like a the fat kid in the locker room.
Evil_being_#003 : Haaaa it s unfair she is soo powerfull she can touch me. /wrist

that was a pretty simplistic view of that episode but the scrypt wasnt any better.

The only thing we learned is that they used have some male claymore.
also i might not having been paying enought attention but what the deal with claymore being sent to that mountain often. i didnt catch if it was to test out claymore or to get ride claymore.( test would mean if they succed that would implie organisation need to send a new awakened there for the next batch of claymore to be tested, if it s to get ride of annoying claymore what have they done that deserve them being disposed of in such a way?)

Last edited by D a m i e n; 2007-06-07 at 03:01. Reason: pressed enter before finishing
Old 2007-06-07, 03:31   Link #100
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
mediocre episode at best .
i hate the 2 peeps that stand away looking at the battle, a very poor way to introduce new character imo.
They weren't looking at the battle though
Closed Thread