AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-03, 06:50   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Specific kind of mecha with suits and not robots

like the title says, im doing some research on mecha suits and i was wondering if anyone could list me some good series to watch int he mean time

what i mean by mecha suits is something like Bubble Gum Crisis, no big robots instead a mecha like suit with helmet that suround the 'pilot' / fighter

so no super mecha machines with a pilot cabin and if it isnt much id rather have the lead character to be male rather than female

thanks!
Old 2007-06-03, 11:26   Link #2
Fruitfly

I never seen bubble gum crisis so I don't know exactly what you're talking about
but the closest I can think of is Solty Rei. (main character is female though and the people who go into the suits are not main characters)
Old 2007-06-03, 11:31   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

aah, let me provide a fine example of what i mean by mecha suits instead of huge machines that have a pilot cabin etc. the pic is from a bubblegum crisis figurine

Spoiler for for image size of the kind of stuff im looking for:
Old 2007-06-03, 11:50   Link #4
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
like the title says, im doing some research on mecha suits and i was wondering if anyone could list me some good series to watch int he mean time

what i mean by mecha suits is something like Bubble Gum Crisis, no big robots instead a mecha like suit with helmet that suround the 'pilot' / fighter

so no super mecha machines with a pilot cabin and if it isnt much id rather have the lead character to be male rather than female

thanks!
Genesis Climber MOSPEADA , which was edited into "Robotech: The New Generation"
Starship Troopers OVA, adaptation of Robert A. Heinlein's sci-fi novel.
Armored Trooper VOTOMS
Old 2007-06-04, 16:48   Link #5
Robotnik
Not a member

I think the Appleseed mecha suits fit your cirteria; I prefer the 2004 cgi movie to the old ova.
Old 2007-06-04, 19:24   Link #6
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

If you liked BGC2040 then Appleseed (2004 OVA) is worth looking at as it has a cyberpunk theme to it. Some people have recommended me the Guyver as well but have yet to see this. Tekkaman Blade(aka teknoman) is one I like but it is older (92-93)and worth a look if you're interested. From wiki

A Tekkaman (or, in the English version, a Teknoman) is a human who has been biologically altered by alien technology. The process, however, is so physically taxing that most don't survive it.

Those that do survive gain the ability to transform into a powerful armored form. The armor is capable of self-propelled flight, functions as an environmental suit, and is virtually invulnerable to most forms of attack -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekkaman_Blade careful SPOILERS in this link

I like ths a lot as the story is quite good and one of the first mecha anime's I've seen which took the human part of the the system into the equation.
Old 2007-06-04, 21:29   Link #7
Frans

Guyver use bio armor. The lead is male.
Burn Up series using somekind of suit to enhance performance, but it's not a mech suit. The lead are females.
Innocent Venus use suit + small mech. This one is male.

I forgot to add Gantz. The lead is male.

The Third also use mech suit, but the suit only being used a couple of times. The lead is female.

Last edited by Frans; 2007-06-05 at 07:57.
Old 2007-06-05, 14:48   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
Tekkaman Blade(aka teknoman) is one I like but it is older (92-93)and worth a look if you're interested. From wiki

A Tekkaman (or, in the English version, a Teknoman) is a human who has been biologically altered by alien technology. The process, however, is so physically taxing that most don't survive it.

Those that do survive gain the ability to transform into a powerful armored form. The armor is capable of self-propelled flight, functions as an environmental suit, and is virtually invulnerable to most forms of attack -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekkaman_Blade careful SPOILERS in this link

I like ths a lot as the story is quite good and one of the first mecha anime's I've seen which took the human part of the the system into the equation.
aah yes Tekkaman was my first mecha series that was on TV wheni was a lil kid, i love that series even still
i will surely check out Guyver (only saw episode one on Kazaa way back before i even used torrents) and surely Appleseed, btw is the old series pretty good of Appleseed?
Old 2007-06-05, 18:34   Link #9
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Really hard to find man, I've been looking for it although most people have said that it's not worth the hassle. Unlike the 80's version of Vampire Hunter D.

A friend of mine has a VHS of Madox 01 - Metal Skin Panic. (this is ancient though early 90's as well). I'll borrow it on the weekend and let you know if it's worth a look

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-06-06 at 05:39. Reason: Additional info from a friend
Old 2007-06-06, 08:29   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
Really hard to find man, I've been looking for it although most people have said that it's not worth the hassle. Unlike the 80's version of Vampire Hunter D.

A friend of mine has a VHS of Madox 01 - Metal Skin Panic. (this is ancient though early 90's as well). I'll borrow it on the weekend and let you know if it's worth a look
thanks ^^
atleased its good to hear that there arent many series liek that
i always have the trouble that when i write series scripts or write down a good anime idea that it pops up in a series in the following year o.o;
hopefully this time it wont be taken (i should just copyright it all lol)
Old 2007-06-06, 17:55   Link #11
Gaiarth

Somebody already mentioned VOTOMS. Armour Hunter Mellowlink was set in the same world, only in this case the hero destroys armoured suits without using one of his own.

Edit,

Oh, and I don't think anybody has mentioned Gasaraki yet. That's a strange mix of quite realistic armour suits ant weird suernatural stuff...

Last edited by Gaiarth; 2007-06-06 at 17:58. Reason: Forgot Gasaraki
Old 2007-06-06, 17:57   Link #12
sothis

Quote:
btw is the old series pretty good of Appleseed?
no.

it's nothing like the new movie, which is a gorgeous cyberpunk adventure. think of the old ova more like an episode of a cop show, where the main characters try to take down a random villain.
Closed Thread