AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-12, 17:14   Link #1281
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Oh lawd :3 lol

You're having quite a bit of fun I see
JUST AS PLANNED
Old 2008-05-12, 18:29   Link #1282
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
@Ryuken - LOL that was hilarious. When Irene and Miria were running around naked I could feel that flow, but when Teresa was talking about Raki I was like "I hate you Raki!" Now Teresa is after Raki!
Well, it can't be helped I guess. The boy is a claymore attracting magnet after all.
Old 2008-05-12, 18:31   Link #1283
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Well, it can't be helped I guess. The boy is a claymore attracting magnet after all.
Claymore attracting magnet? :3

lol In a metallic sense, or the proverbial "heart" sense :3
Old 2008-05-12, 18:36   Link #1284
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Claymore attracting magnet? :3

lol In a metallic sense, or the proverbial "heart" sense :3
Metallic, of course.
Old 2008-05-12, 20:13   Link #1285
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Teresa thinks Raki is cute?? All the Teresa fans will choke .
Old 2008-05-12, 20:16   Link #1286
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Metallic, of course.
:3 :3 :3 :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
Teresa thinks Raki is cute?? All the Teresa fans will choke .

I couldn't doubt

Old 2008-05-12, 20:36   Link #1287
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
I'm glad no one put Rachel or Undine in the hotsprings. That would send shivers up my spine for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Tabatha: It's no good, I can't get a fix on her.

Cynthia: Where could she have gone?

Miria: ... *turns and heads back into the cave*

Helen: Damn, she was really serious about going to look for him.

Yuma: ... Clare-san...

Deneve: We should head back inside as well. Only a fool would go out in a blizzard like this.

Helen: That's Clare for ya. Haa haa!

Miria: ... *reappears with her cloak and sword strapped* You guys head back in. I'll go after her.

Helen: Miria-neesan!

Deneve: Miria, it's a blizzard out there. It's crazy to go after the idiot - she'll come back on her own eventually.

Miria: *small smile* Sometimes 'crazy' works. Don't worry, I'll bring her back. *dashes off into the snowstorm*

::If someone wants to expand/make this little segment into a ficclet or something, be my guest. ::
I think I will expand on this.

Miria: CLARE WHERE ARE YOU?! (Its so white I can't see anything, and I can't keep using my phantom speed I haven't learned how to keep using it for a long time yet without using any yoki.)

Miria kept on running through the blizzard until she realized something.

Miria: (I forgot how cold it gets when your not using your yoki in a place like this. Mabye I should have stayed back with the others where its warm - NO! What kind of leader would I be if I wen't back? I must find Clare, she could be frozen by now.)

Miria ran around for at least an hour before she eventually triped over something sharp.

Miria: OOOOOW! That hurt! What the hell was that?

She looked down and saw a hilt of a sword half covered by snow. So she picked it up and was shocked when she saw that the symbal on it was Clare's.

Miria: CLARE ARE YOU AROUND HERE?!

She yelled a few more times but was having a hard time even hearing herself with the sound of the wind hitting the mountains.

Now holding Clare's sword she used her phantom speed again to try and find her lost comrade. Until she found a group of male awakened beings walking in front of her, and one was dragging Clare.

Miria: (Oh no what could have happened?)

Without hesitating Miria used her speed once more to kill the awakend beings before they would notice.

Then she wen't to go check on Clare who was out cold covered in srapes and bruises from being dragged around.

Miria: How could you let yourself be overcome by these weaklings?

She picked up Clare and thought about going back but the blizard was starting to get worse so she wen't to the nearest cave.

Miria put Clare on the ground and stayed next to her to keep her warm.

Clare: *waking up* What happened?.....

Miria: I'm not sure but I think you were caught off gaurd by some awakened beings.

Clare: Oh yeah.... Shit what happened? Are we safe?

Miria: Don't worry I killed them. Now get some rest this storm probably isn't going to let up until the morning it has got pretty late you know.

Clare: Rest... That sounds good.

Clare passed out very quickly.

Miria: (It seems her body can't take the cold very well without yoki either. This is something the seven of us might need to work on.)

The next morning Clare woke from the sun shining in the opening of the cave. She looked to her left and saw Miria sitting next to her.

Miria: About time you woke up.

Clare: Huh? Oh yeah are we going back now the others are probably worried.

Miria: Its not going to be easy going back there.

Clare: Why?

Miria: It seems we have ventured pretty far out here, none of us have gone out this far from where we usually stay. I didn't notice this when I was searching for you.

Clare: So we can just take our time going back so we don't get farther away.

Miria: That won't be easy either. Look outside.

Clare got up to look outside of the cave only to see at least thirty male awakened beings surrounding the cave waiting for Miria and Clare to come out.

To be continued....

I'm doing the next part to this so nobody jumps in okay.

Actually I have to thank Temptest35 for starting this because I am really enjoying it right now.
Old 2008-05-12, 20:47   Link #1288
hell88
Banned

Quote:
I call the next one!
Hey wait I already said I was doing the next part. Or are you talking about the next hotspring part?
Old 2008-05-12, 20:49   Link #1289
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Hey wait I already said I was doing the next part. Or are you talking about the next hotspring part?
Ooops....*deletes his post*
Old 2008-05-12, 20:50   Link #1290
shelter
Every word must conjure

Quote:
That's fine Ryuken - go GO!

@ shelter - I kinda got the impression that you wanted Clare to be all 'Why is she dragging ME into this?' while Miria wanted to show Clare, above the others, that she's not thinking of Tabatha as a 'partner' - kinda like a 'See? I'm single' situation. And as I thought about it, Miria wouldn't say to Tabatha, “Come on, come back and sit down,” Miria said. “Don’t cry on me now, Tabatha.” It's OOC for her to be like that to one of them. Devene would say something like that, but Miria wouldn't. At least, that is my astute observation as her butler.
You're not wrong. I wanted to show through dialogue that relationships among the 7 are not always as warm as everyone writes that they are. I do agree on the OOC part. I'll try to work around that in my 2nd draft. I was trying to picture how Miria would talk if she wanted to actually be harsh/ needed to maintain some discipline.

Quote:
As for Tabatha being all for Miria - tis a Clayfan invention - nothing like that is implied in either the anime or the manga. More of a case that people read into what she said way too much.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was kinda suspecting it was non-official. But hey it's actually quite fun to write about it. Miria needs some too!

Quote:
To describe their friendship, I'll use an AU senario of Miria being the track team leader and Clare is a freshman runner with a lot of potential. Miria spends a lot of time on her, trying to bring it out and is tougher on Clare than the others only because Clare herself asked it. Miria would share waterbottles with Clare, who doesn't like that she's 'relying' on Miria so much but Miria's the one that's constantly offering to help her with everything so she becomes used to it. ^^ Miria would also ask her opinion on the others in the track team - who should do what events at the track meets and run ideas for new training methods by Clare first - almost like a favored guinea pig.

Wow, almost wrote a fanfic there myself. Anyway, hope that helps, if at all. BTW, I got the chapters and I'll start reading them soon once I get stuff organized for my Sifu's daughter's birthday.
The AU is helpful, considering I have a track background . I can understand how Miria views Clare almost as an equal, but I was wondering if Clare on her part actually can register Miria's respect for her, or does she even bother? I touched on it a bit in the fic, but I think I'll expand on that idea, either in a sequel or in another fic (even though hell88 & is having a lot of fun on the Miria-seeking-Clare idea )

No worries. Take your time with the chapters. Your Sifu's concerns are more important
Old 2008-05-12, 20:50   Link #1291
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Thanks for spoiling it ghazghkull!
......................................oops........ ...............................
Old 2008-05-12, 20:53   Link #1292
hell88
Banned

Quote:
......................................oops........ ...............................
I have something planned for the next part. You can do the part after that okay?
Old 2008-05-12, 21:04   Link #1293
shelter
Every word must conjure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
Okay i don't usually visit this thread, but here goes...

Clare writes in her diary again...

Dear diary, i understand how teaming up with the church of Rabona, the city of saints that we would be required to put on a good public face, for all the civilians, but i don't understand why it's me that has to wear this... <looks at uniform/present provided by father vincent and shudders...>. I swear this is all Miria's fault, why did i let them follow me here, now after seeing Galatea they are all pretending to be incredibly well armed nuns, and i'm expected to be an angel... I wouldn't mind, getting rid of the chaffing leather that get's abit sweaty, but at least that was an improvement over the risque body sock and armor that only protects non vital areas combo...

<rubs brow to prevent migraine>

Still this gauzey white toga/dress thingy can virtually be seen through and when i put it on Cid, Galk, Father Vincent, that dirty old man, and even Tabitha got a nose bleed... loads of the guards made excuses to go somewhere else and Helen and Deneve had some sort of lovers tiff... I blame Miria for telling the priests that if i awoke i'd look like an angel... yeah right... nothing as gentle as this... and of course i blame Cynthia for 'helping' me regenerate my hair...

And what is it with these sexually repressed religious types, and their weird fantasies... You've got to have long hair... blah blah... you've got to have wings... blah blah... you've got to smile 'gently'... they may as well go dig up Teresa... or pray that those statues come to life... cos this claymore only comes with three facial expressions, bemused, sadness and rage. Anyhow i just noticed eight broadsword wielding nuns and a child that looks like she escaped from a japenese horror movie crossing the plaza and heading this way... <sigh> i better get changed and concentrate on being angelic...

<next part of diary is illegible and torn>

P.S. REALLY really important to not think of revenge/priscilla/teresa they came out as giant blades again and now i gotta find a new apartment, and Yuma's gonna be bitching at me for weeks about having to regnerate her arm again...
It's actually quite funny, in a sarcastic/ dark way of course. Your comparisons are out of context but nonetheless very effective (Miata = child from Japanese hooror movie = hilarious & true )

I shudder to think that Miria would want all the ghosts to become nuns or change their attire. Their current dress sense is pretty good for me already And the part about being mentally angelic...you picked the right person: Clare will probably have the most problem being angelic. Yuma would be a better candidate.
Old 2008-05-12, 21:18   Link #1294
shelter
Every word must conjure

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdo487 View Post
I finished a short fan fic I've been working on. it may not be all that great (I started writing it weeks ago, stopped, and just finished it yesterday)
lots of fighting too so lil childrenz beware

Spoiler for City of Demons:
Finally your story! And more male Claymore fighting !

I always wonder why you leave your protagonists unnamed, and maybe it's because in your stories they take a backseat to the action. I'll say in this story your protagonist has got quite a character, and I like the way in the end he practically levels the entire village for the fun of it. His entrance sort of reminds me of Teresa arriving at the village where she met Clare.

There's this part where your story goes: He glared “So many of you… its starting to piss me off…” I sense a break in action there. Is it deliberate? Because it seems some time has passed after his fight with yoma & his talking to his handler.
Old 2008-05-13, 04:17   Link #1295
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Disaster at the hot springs...

Rachel and Undine turn up...

Rachel: Are you sure this is where everyone went to? I've been looking for Audrey everywhere. I'd hate to think those steroids you took confused your small brain.

Undine: hehe of course i'm sure you mannish bitch!

Rachel: You want to taste the power of now, muscle head?!

Attendent: Excuse me sirs, the men's spa is on the other side of the building!

<sounds of carnage>

P.S. Thanks shelter, i'm probably too sarcastic for this thread, and i don't want to upset anyone.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2008-05-13, 09:32   Link #1296
shelter
Every word must conjure

One Manga Story Writing Contest #2 (2008)

For those interested, the manga site One Manga is organizing the 2nd round of the One Manga Story Writing Contest (OMSWC #2).

Some of the basic conditions (from what I read off the site):

1. Submit entries by making a thread of your story on the site's forums (So you must register as member)

2. The thread should have OMSWC in the title to notify voters (who will vote on how good your story is) that your story is for the contest.

3. State the main categories you are writing for:
Action
Fantasy
Sci-Fi
Horror
Romance
Comedy

4. Both originial & fanfiction submissions are accepted.

5. For the contest, the theme/ prompt is BIRTHDAYS.
(E.g something that happens when a child is born, something revealed when your character turns 18 etc).

6. Deadline for submissions is 31 May (also when voting on that site begins).

Full list of regulations/rules for submission can be found HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally speaking, the prize for winning is quite meagre & the theme is quite lame. But this contest is unique in that it accepts both original fiction & fanfiction. So voters deciding the winning entry will need to judge across a really broad criteria on what's good. And that means, I suppose, more chances of winning.

I believe the Claymore thread alone has got quite a lot of strong writers. After snowball fights & hot springs, the birthday theme shouldn't be too hard for some of you guys here It just remains for you to think if you'd want to submit a Claymore fanfic or a original piece for it.

So if you have any time between now & 31 May, do consider submitting. For a writer, any kind of publicity is always helpful, even if you don't win .

Last edited by shelter; 2008-05-13 at 09:38. Reason: Correcting Details
Old 2008-05-13, 10:11   Link #1297
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:

Rachel: Are you sure this is where everyone went to? I've been looking for Audrey everywhere. I'd hate to think those steroids you took confused your small brain.

<sounds of carnage>

P.S. Thanks shelter, i'm probably too sarcastic for this thread, and i don't want to upset anyone.
No at all, that was actually quite good.
Old 2008-05-13, 14:28   Link #1298
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Epic Soul Searching - Shelter's Memoirs - 5
-------------------------------------------------------

Date - December 23rd: Time - Approximately half an hour passed midnight. - The wolves are howling outside, hopelessly snooping around and combing the snow for a scent of a frozen bone. - It was that time of the year when the temperature dropped so low, most lifeforms that didn't sense the winter and dug deep underground, withered away in starvation or freezed to death - no different were humans; numbwitted fools who found business on cold winter night to go climbing the tallest, most treacherous set of rocks in the midland heights.

Beyond those rocks lay a hundred square miles of flat terrain that preceded another incline, all the way to the peak of the highest mountain in the range; mount Ingasr.

Venturing as high as that wasn't in our plans, fortunately; I must say I was very much relieved to have heard of the withdrawal of the order to ascend to the top. rumor has it that even an air lock bound by a strong enough yoki density cannot hold under the ridiculously massive wind pressure up there; some of the experts in the team say that the mountain itself is radiating an electro magnetic field that makes the conditions beneath, more or less tolearble for humans, while an inch beyond a certain point means instant death. In any case, it held no significance for me as long as we esablish a camp and settled down where it was safe.

The Turmurt plateau was a very unnatural phenomenon: that is, no clue or evidence of how it was formed through the course of geological time. It's outline stretched and curved into a very peculiar shape; almost as if it was moulded.

In the middle stood a small fort; when I first layed my eyes on it I couldn't see the reason behind it's construction - Why would the faction build a heavily fortified building where there's no fear of being attacked even by germ. - I realized the grim reality of the situation much later, when we descended down a spiralling stairway and into the underground excavation site that was seemingly abandoned due to an erruption of a gas pocket and the catastrophe that followed suit, involving the deaths of the research team and the technical personel working there;

Date: December 25th: Time, Unknown.. After two whole days of pounding into that cursed basalt, we stumbled unto a strangely formed crevice that grew broader as we proceded, eventually leading us to a vast chamber which' interior was decorated with a variety of crystalized minerals sticking out in all directions.

Nothing out of the ordinary; untill we realized that the air we were breathing was not from the outside, as it was already shallow enough on such a height that it was nearly impossible to breath underground; yet, inside that cave, the air was rich and sweet.

Date: December 25th: Time, Approximately an hour later. A pillar of light, extending into the topless void above; in the following chamber, hidden behind a small cluster of crystals - reaching out from a mass of glowing matter that concentrated in the middle of an aparatus of some ancient architecture, unbeknownst to modern civilization. We looked above and saw nothing but blackness, that prostrated everything. Even the great beam got lost in it, reflecting nothing of it's surroundings.

Date: December 25th. Impossible.. The hollow above us has turned into some kind of vortex. Spiralling and twirling, materializing into whatever comes to mind.
For a moment, I thought I could see the after life. I was so terrified from the changing visages that passed before my eyes: I saw fire, engulfing cities, swallowing lives; bizzare landscapes, twisted shapes, colors, people..

I blinked my eyes and saw how a whirlwind hose grabbed one of my collegues by the leg and sucked him into the unknown, never to be seen again. The others were running in terror towards the exit while I kept on standing there, frozen in bewilderment.

Date: Unknown, Time: Unknown.. As far as I can remember, I passed out, later waking up outside. It was morning and I'm alone, laying in the snow, just trying to recall whatever the hell happened - Can't..- My consciousness was a big blur.. Not a single clear image floated in my mind, and somehow I was thankful for that.

No sign of the fort that lead down to the site and neither of my friends. I was all alone and was put up before a decision: Either report this to the faction and face days upon weeks of interrogation, or just leave the damn thing behind, turn my tail off and run.

What I saw there scared me like nothing else I've ever experienced before, and whatever NSW was looking for is bad news for me.

Last edited by Mikke; 2008-05-13 at 22:03.
Old 2008-05-13, 17:13   Link #1299
hell88
Banned

Quote:

<sounds of carnage>

That was scary. I think I'm going to be sick.

HOW DARE YOU PUT THAT IN MY MIND!
Old 2008-05-13, 17:26   Link #1300
Yosei
Death by writing

I haven't searched the entire thread, but has anyone written a fanfic about Galatea? I'd love to read it.
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction