AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-25, 11:24   Link #1061
Mazryonh

There's something I don't get about the game. I got the impression from this thread that the seiyuus from the game (with the exception of Rie Tanaka) got imported straight into the anime, but I tried listening to the voice samples for the 18+ PC version and that version's Shinra doesn't sound anything like Shizuka Itou. Yes, I know that seiyuus normally work under pseudonyms for eroge, but even so, Shinra doesn't sound like Shizuka Itou, and Beniko doesn't sound anything like Hyo-sei either.

Am I wrong in my impressions?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 13:44   Link #1062
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Yep, you're absolutely wrong. It's both of them. And frankly, I wonder what's up with your version or your ear ^_^; ... I thought they were very easy to distinguish.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 14:46   Link #1063
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

does any group have plans to do the DVD versions?

The censoring in this one wasn't to bad i thought. Not as bad as say Girls Bravo was

Couple of other questions came to mind

Whats Ren's actual relationship with his sister? While they seem to be living as brp/sis i got the impression from the anime they weren't actually blood related.

And is it just my mind in the gutter, but was Shinra-sama copping a feel of Ageha at the end of episode 13 where they're fighting over who has control of Ren >.<

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2008-04-25 at 15:35.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 15:35   Link #1064
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
There's something I don't get about the game. I got the impression from this thread that the seiyuus from the game (with the exception of Rie Tanaka) got imported straight into the anime, but I tried listening to the voice samples for the 18+ PC version and that version's Shinra doesn't sound anything like Shizuka Itou. Yes, I know that seiyuus normally work under pseudonyms for eroge, but even so, Shinra doesn't sound like Shizuka Itou, and Beniko doesn't sound anything like Hyo-sei either. Am I wrong in my impressions?
I haven't heard the samples, so I can't give a personal opinion, but I checked this site, which gives cast names/pseudonyms for games, and it says that Shinra is played in the game by Itou Shizuka (under the pseudonym of Misaki Rina 三咲里奈), and Beniko by Hyo-sei (under the pseudonym of Unabara Erena 海原エレナ). Wikipedia, however, just gives the pseudonym as if it were someone's real name.

By the way, for anyone who's interested, the trial version of the game, a couple of demos, some wallpapers, and the words to the OP are available for free download on this page.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 00:12   Link #1065
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Whats Ren's actual relationship with his sister? While they seem to be living as brp/sis i got the impression from the anime they weren't actually blood related.

And is it just my mind in the gutter, but was Shinra-sama copping a feel of Ageha at the end of episode 13 where they're fighting over who has control of Ren >.<
Yes! I'm not alone in thinking about the same thing!

How devious of her, as usual.

From what I understand, Ren and Mihato are indeed blood-related. And well, at least in the game, they were shown to have been even "closer" to one another when they were young... Well, I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise after how Shinra treats her sisters. I mean, the anime practically throws it out there when Mihato tells Ren to simply go to her if he can't "hold back". So...um, yeah.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 10:01   Link #1066
ShadowSkill7
Activate My innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yes! I'm not alone in thinking about the same thing!

How devious of her, as usual.

From what I understand, Ren and Mihato are indeed blood-related. And well, at least in the game, they were shown to have been even "closer" to one another when they were young... Well, I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise after how Shinra treats her sisters. I mean, the anime practically throws it out there when Mihato tells Ren to simply go to her if he can't "hold back". So...um, yeah.
yea but i think it's cool that they didn't pick each other, it good the way it turn out. thats what i feel
Old 2008-04-26, 16:36   Link #1067
ZODDGUTS

Kimiaru was number 3 in top ten DVD sells for last week.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-april-16-22

Good now have this crew remake Tsuyokiss.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 08:06   Link #1068
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
If they're good enough, they could make a TSUYOKISS 2 anime, instead.

I believe the eroge was released recently, right?
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 10:10   Link #1069
ShadowSkill7
Activate My innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Kimiaru was number 3 in top ten DVD sells for last week.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-april-16-22

Good now have this crew remake Tsuyokiss.
whats kimiaru and i just recently looked at tsyokisss so i'am didn't make it pass the first ep
Old 2008-04-29, 11:35   Link #1070
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post

I believe the eroge was released recently, right?
Yes, Tsuyokiss 2 was a terrible disappointment. Without Takahiro to write the scenario, they used his former character templates, but most paths of the different girls are only bloodless rehashes of their storylines from the (excellent) Tsuyokiss. Only the new character, Celeb, was offering a worthy (though by no means breathtaking) arc. The rest was... a TERRIBLE disappointment. Nothing new, but basically everything much worse. Yech.

I want to have another anime by the KimiAru anime crew though. Hope that good DVD sales will increase their funding next time.
Old 2008-04-29, 12:19   Link #1071
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wait.. so Kimiaru is #3 on the DVD charts? That's pretty crazy.

I do hope that maybe they can make a Kimiaru sequel with more light comedy, because the 13 eps just didn't seem enough for me, bad production values and weird pacing aside.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 12:49   Link #1072
rg4619

Quote:
That's up to Interheart/Candysoft and their potential partners.

Minatosoft has nothing to do with Interheart now (competitors instead), so they'd remain uninvolved even if another anime project went ahead.

Quote:
Nothing new, but basically everything much worse. Yech.
Doesn't surprise me. It's probably the company's last big chance to exploit the brand, while simultaneously grooming a new scenario writer. Having him rewrite/re-arrange material sounds like a practice run before moving ahead with a new work.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 15:16   Link #1073
kujoe
from head to heel

I'd like a Tsuyokiss remake only if Takahiro and co. were to be in charge of making it. I know this sounds like fanboying a team of faceless ero game designers, but the fact is, these guys did a good job of adapting Kimiaru for the tv screen, whereas the anime of Tsuyokiss turned out to be a massive disappointment. Unfortunately, Takahiro isn't with Candysoft right now, so chances of this happening is pretty slim. (I like to imagine that Takahiro was so pissed at the Tsuyokiss anime that he left for Minatosoft.)

It's pretty funny but if you're going to compare the games and the anime versions of these two titles against each other, I'd say that Kimiaru has the better anime while Tsuyokiss has the better game.

It's too bad that Tsuyokiss 2 isn't the second coming of tsundere that fans were expecting. The new character isn't bad at all, but unfortunately the sequel couldn't live up to the expectations and standards that its predecessor has set before it.

Anyway... Maybe not a new series, but I want an OVA episode for Kimiaru.
Old 2008-04-29, 15:40   Link #1074
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

The reason why I was fairly disappointed in TK2 in the end was the fact that they TOTALLY stole the old paths. I mean, it's normal to assume that the majority of TK2 customers already played TK. Why would those old fans want to have essentially EXACTLY THE SAME storylines for Hime, Nagomin and Yoppi (not tried Nao yet, and I haven't heard much good about the Otome path either)? Only dumbed down quite a bit (e.g. the real interesting parts of the Hime path in TK included Hime AND Leo struggling with the disconnect between Hime's heart and her ambition for quite a while - fighting in both directions - eventually ending in an excellent conclusion scene. In TK2, we get a cheesy deus-ex-machina-stealing-her-away-from-the-altar type of scene which denigrates the characters enormously).

We HAD these stories already. The LEAST that I'd expect would be significant new twists. Bah. Tastes like coffee brewed and sent through a formerly used filter with spent coffee beans.
Old 2008-04-29, 17:52   Link #1075
rg4619

Quote:
I like to imagine that Takahiro was so pissed at the Tsuyokiss anime that he left for Minatosoft.
When did he leave Interheart anyway? In the galge business, it's common for creative staff to start their own companies (autonomy + big profit) after producing a megahit. Maybe Takahiro already left by the time the Tsuyokiss anime went into production.

In the past, Key (ONE), Playm (To Heart), Navel, Moonstone (Da Capo), CUFFS (Suigetsu), and Abel (EVE, YU-NO) were all started by hot developers who left their employers after a big hit. Da Capo II and To Heart 2 succeeded in spite of a total change in staff, but those seem to be exceptions.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 18:06   Link #1076
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The reason why I was fairly disappointed in TK2 in the end was the fact that they TOTALLY stole the old paths. I mean, it's normal to assume that the majority of TK2 customers already played TK. Why would those old fans want to have essentially EXACTLY THE SAME storylines for Hime, Nagomin and Yoppi
Yeah, that gets to me too. Man, to go through the exact same thing with Yoppi all over again...

I hope that Otome has a better ending this time at least. Her original ending (i.e., her epilogue) is kind of lacking when compared to the awesome Hime/Knight-san ending, or to the finality of Kani's ending. It's kind of disappointing for the so-called main heroine. (Yes folks, in the game it's not Nao.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619
When did he leave Interheart anyway? In the galge business, it's common for creative staff to start their own companies (autonomy + big profit) after producing a megahit. Maybe Takahiro already left by the time the Tsuyokiss anime went into production.
I can't remember exactly when, but that was just me imagining what might have happened while grumbling about the anime of Tsuyokiss. I mean, even though changes had to be made, Kimiaru proved it could be done properly when you stay true to the spirit of the original story. (Well, some parts of Otome's story might have to be rewritten if it's going to be used in a tv series.)
Old 2008-04-30, 20:27   Link #1077
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

seriously, i would love to watch another season of this anime D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Wait.. so Kimiaru is #3 on the DVD charts? That's pretty crazy.

I do hope that maybe they can make a Kimiaru sequel with more light comedy, because the 13 eps just didn't seem enough for me, bad production values and weird pacing aside.
Old 2008-05-10, 03:21   Link #1078
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Cover for DVD 2:

Spoiler for cover:

Release: 5/21
Episodes 2-4

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 08:54   Link #1079
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Cover for DVD 2:

Spoiler for cover:

Release: 5/21
Episodes 2-4
now i think i know why it ranked high in the charts
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 14:31   Link #1080
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

It was episode three that got me hooked on this show. Now I have seen the DVD version, and it was no disappointment. The only differences I noticed were nipples and a more-or-less graphic showing of Shinra claiming her prize from Miyu after winning Kuonji Flag. But the good direction and storyboarding, amusing humor, outrageous fanservice, and sympathetic characters were all the same.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen