AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-06-09, 06:11   Link #1
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Miyori no Mori (Miyori's Wood)

---------------->

Title: Miyori no Mori (Miyori's Wood)
Japanese Title: ミヨリの森
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery, Supernatural
Premier: TBA.....fall 2007 or 2008.
Animation Studio: ???
Director: Nizo Yamamoto
Screenplay: Satoko Okudera
Storyboard: Nizo Yamamoto
Original creator: Hideji Oda
Background Art: Nizo Yamamoto

Cast (some known ones):

Megumi Urawa
Taiki Matsuno

According to publishing company Akita Shoten, the Hideji Oda manga Miyori no Mori (Miyori's Forest) will be made into a TV anime series. ------> http://www.odahideji.com/

Plot:
The series follows Miyori, a girl who daydreams of escaping her tough everyday life. When Miyori enters the woods, she experiences many mysterious phenomena, including the discovery that the woods are also home to spirits and ghosts.

Thoughts:

I'm excited because Yamamoto Nizo is slated to not only direct the series, but also work on storyboards and art direction. Miyori no Mori will be the first series directed by Yamamoto, who has previously worked as art director on a number of famous anime films. His credits as art director include Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies and Toki wo Kakeru Shojo.

The sequel to the Miyori no Mori manga is still running in the monthly Akita Shoten manga magazine Mystery Bonita.

Last edited by jcdranzer; 2007-06-14 at 20:16.
jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 07:05   Link #2
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

"His credits as art director include Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies and Toki wo Kakeru Shojo."

That right there is enough to garner my interest. ^^; All movies I loved. Plus the genre and vague plot summary sound like my kettle of fish.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 04:54   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
"His credits as art director include Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies and Toki wo Kakeru Shojo."

That right there is enough to garner my interest. ^^; All movies I loved. Plus the genre and vague plot summary sound like my kettle of fish.
That peaks my interests too ^_^. I'll have to add this to upcoming anime I might watch

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 21:14   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Oh boy! Those couple of pictures in the opening post look very promising. Very stylish. Depending on the Animation Studio, this might turn out to be something to look forward to.
Old 2007-06-13, 12:35   Link #5
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

No news on the animation studio?
Old 2007-06-19, 13:36   Link #6
yura`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post

QFT! Just seeing such magnificent films in his credits is enough for me to wonder about this show. Fall hmm... seems like a long wait! Despite the lack of details, the premise sounds interesting enough for me to want to find out more about this show.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 15:28   Link #7
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No news on the animation studio?
Nippon Animation. They did Fantastic Children and Future Boy Conan amongst many, many others. Nizo Yamamoto was also the art director for Fantastic Children. Which should excite a few people here. I also read it cost a startling 210 million yen! For a TV movie! Mind you it looks like the money has been very well spent.

Oh and here's four nice new trailers ahead of its premiere on Saturday. Kind of Ghibli, as expected. I'm expecting something between Totoro and Gegege No Kitaro now that I've seen a bit more of this.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 15:22   Link #8
NeoSam

The new Miyori no Mori manga has been released in tankoubon form :P its one volume and finished, and its titled:

ミヨリの森の四季
Miyori no Mori no Shiki

Its cover:

Shoujo manga
Released on: August 16, 2007

Both the old and the new manga are mentioned by the publisher as manga for girls --> Shoujo manga.
Old 2007-08-26, 18:59   Link #9
Katapan
俺様祭り

Ah, no comment yet? it was aired yesterday though.
The raws are pretty huge (well, that's a given with a special that lasts almost 2 hours), I guess this might explain why no torrent has popped up yet... it'd be nice if someone could upload this.

Well, I hope I'm not the only one who's watched it. I'd like to see other thoughts - I for one enjoyed this though it was definitely not groundbreaking. Some spirits alone made it worth the watch IMO. Also, you can guess "high production values" after looking at the diversified backgrounds. The whole episode was rather pretty.

Spoiler:

Now I'm curious to see the ratings for this, since it was given a great timeslot on Fuji TV. A rather strange format, in any case. It could very well have been released in theaters.
Old 2007-08-28, 18:20   Link #10
Siegel Clyne

Kantou TV Audience Ratings for Miyori no Mori - Saturday, August 25, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Ah, no comment yet? it was aired yesterday though.
The raws are pretty huge (well, that's a given with a special that lasts almost 2 hours), I guess this might explain why no torrent has popped up yet... it'd be nice if someone could upload this.

Well, I hope I'm not the only one who's watched it. I'd like to see other thoughts - I for one enjoyed this though it was definitely not groundbreaking. Some spirits alone made it worth the watch IMO. Also, you can guess "high production values" after looking at the diversified backgrounds. The whole episode was rather pretty.

Spoiler:

Now I'm curious to see the ratings for this, since it was given a great timeslot on Fuji TV. A rather strange format, in any case. It could very well have been released in theaters.

Television Audience Ratings for the Top 30 Programs of the Week in the Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)

Monday, August 20, 2007 - Sunday, August 26, 2007
21. Saturday Premium - Miyori no Mori Fuji TV 08/25 (Sat) 15.8%
21. Sazae-san Fuji TV 08/26 (Sun) 15.8%

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-08-28 at 18:31.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote