AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-12, 14:19   Link #61
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
At the mention of nipples, I must watch this anime.

No, but KOTOKO OP + GAR guy + non-excessive fanservice = fine in my book.
I had actually planned not to watch this because of of maid guys, though.

So after Neo Angelique Abyss... all right.
Eh? Got something against Angelique? Though I must say, Angelique is a far more acquired taste than even Kamen no Maid Guy. Hell, actually most males will love it at least in guilty pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Funny you should mention that, because it was censored in the raw that I got last week. I wonder where the fansub group got their source.
The AT-X logo is pretty telling. Because while most other networks tend to censor, AT-X usually doesn't (since it's a cable network). I mean look at Mnemosyne with its full-on sex scenes and the like. So yeah, I'm guessing the subbers waited for the AT-X feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Anyway I enjoyed the first episode of Kamen no Maid Guy, the KOTOKO intro was alright, Naeka was big and bouncy and I was surprised to see that they showed her nipples and than censored her ass later on with some light. Iguchi Yuka who voices Naeka was also Aiko from True Tears, she seems to be rather new VA so I hope to see more from her in the future. The Maid Guy Kogarashi was hilarious, Koyama Rikiya is so underused it's nice to see him get a few roles this season.
The girl who did Noe is a truly new talent and Iguchi Yuka just seems to be breaking into the bigger roles after a lot of secondary character roles. I think she is starting to sound more and more distinct too, which is good.

As for Rikiya Koyama.... HELL YES. I mean the guy probably has some of the most versatile voicing talent, he can do all the silly characters, all the crazy characters, and especially the dour/serious ones and his voice is downright sultry at times. Just a nice pitch to his voice. And yeah, I'm really glad to see the anime companies take note and putting him in a bunch of crucial roles in the last few months.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 15:34   Link #62
Tiberium Wolf

Awesome series. OP and ED weren't good but the ep content was worth it. Can't wait for more eps.
Old 2008-04-12, 16:00   Link #63
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Eh? Got something against Angelique? Though I must say, Angelique is a far more acquired taste than even Kamen no Maid Guy. Hell, actually most males will love it at least in guilty pleasure.
Oh no, I just meant that literally, as in: "After I watch Neo Angelique Abyss, I'll watch Kamen no Maid Guy."

Well, it was decent.
It's not one of those overly fanserviced comedies, but some of it was a bit exaggerated.
The production quality seems decent, though it's nothing special.

ehh.
Old 2008-04-12, 16:01   Link #64
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep2:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 16:19   Link #65
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Gah there goes my mental image of meido's.

Ah but what to say...It was stupid fun I guess. The whole trash heap of a house kinda pushed it though...Funny how I can accept a big burly guy with a mask running around in a meido outfit, but that garbage pile put me off...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 16:47   Link #66
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

I think this is going to be my guilty pleasure show of the season. The humor is stupid and puerile, but unlike some shows, it avoids the trap of taking itself too seriously. Hakuoro playing a manly maid? Count me in.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:16   Link #67
yongshun

Naeka has the same problem waking up as Nayuki from Kanon. I wonder what would have happend if Yuuichi did that to wake Nayuki up.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:24   Link #68
FuzzyWuzzy

This anime has massive potential to be really funny.
Old 2008-04-12, 17:54   Link #69
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Wow that was, what was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
abusive
Thanks.

That one made me appreciate Kanokon in comparison.
Old 2008-04-12, 17:55   Link #70
JMvS
Rawrrr!

OMG, I just finished Ep 1.....and couldn't stop laughing

OP and Ed were weird but it sure fits the weirdness of the serie

I am definitely gonna stick to it, as my hilarious anime fix! (especially as Hayate is now finished , )
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:57   Link #71
SinsI

I wonder why Naeka is having problems waking up - maybe too much kendo training?
Lack of sleep is extremely bad for mental capability, if you miss just 1 or 2 hours for a week your abilities fall as badly as if you've had a glass of vodka... and the worst thing is that you yourself won't notice it - you will feel just a little sleepy. Always waking up with an alarm clock is a bad idea...
Spoiler for episode 2:
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 18:04   Link #72
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

I cannot erase this mental image off my mind

"Hakuoro in maid's clothing!" "Hakuoro in maid's clothing!" "Hakuoro in maid's clothing!" "Hakuoro in maid's clothing!" "Hakuoro in maid's clothing!" "Hakuoro in maid's clothing!" "Hakuoro in maid's clothing!" "Hakuoro in maid's clothing!" "Hakuoro in maid's clothing!"

It was just too hilarious.

I guess I needed a rest from jokes that requires a huge understanding of japanese's culture and subcultures, and whatever subtle wordplays that comes in said jokes.
Oh, and OPPAI did help to draw me in.

It felt good to turn my brain off for one episode and laugh like a dork with my beer in one hand, and the other hand on my....

Chips bag.

Three episodes trial then I'll consider if I'll drop it or not. Something I didn't give to Kanokon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Spoiler for episode 2:

Spoiler:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 18:08   Link #73
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 2
Spoiler:

Screen caps soon.

edit: I actually forgot about the caps haha XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-04-13 at 17:12.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 18:37   Link #74
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
As for Rikiya Koyama.... HELL YES. I mean the guy probably has some of the most versatile voicing talent, he can do all the silly characters, all the crazy characters, and especially the dour/serious ones and his voice is downright sultry at times. Just a nice pitch to his voice. And yeah, I'm really glad to see the anime companies take note and putting him in a bunch of crucial roles in the last few months.
I've been a fan ever since I heard his Takamura in Hajime no Ippo, I'm glad he finally plays a main character of sorts again after what seems like only playing supporting characters for a long time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 21:32   Link #75
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Ehm... is anyone else seeing the same as me in the Yakuza & TK fansubs?

Spoiler:

Is that a strange foreign language? Or is it the Language of the Ancients?

Either way, the karaoke subs were in perfect English. And there was no second subtitle track, either.
You aren't using VLC or something, are you? >_>

I got the h264 mkv and it worked perfectly with the 2nd newest CCCP (I never bothered updating to the latest version) and Media Player Classic.

Anyway, I liked the KOTOKO opening a lot more than most of the other posts here are suggesting.. and this is more than a worthy replacement for Hayate in my weekly schedule
neothe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 21:36   Link #76
FuzzyWuzzy

It's like tom and jerry or disney mickey mouse / donald duck violence in anime mode.
Old 2008-04-13, 00:25   Link #77
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
You aren't using VLC or something, are you? >_>
Nope, I know better than using that piece of crap. I'm using mplayer with its set of codecs--everything works perfectly, except for these subs and BSS', which leads me to think there's some unconventional twist to the muxing process those two groups are using. I can't use CCCP because it's Windows-only.

On the episode itself, I think I might like it even on a guilty pleasure level. I mean, it's fun alright. Not the work of a genius, and the fanservice can get a bit on my nerves sometimes, but it's fun nevertheless. Slapstick comedy can be a huge hit or a huge miss in my case, anyways, and this time it seems to work.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:13   Link #78
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

In my case, slapstick comedies wouldn't just work if it is yet again abusive tsundere vs spineless wimp. Here, it's Maid Guy and his antics that bring something to the table and hit the right cord for me.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:34   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
I agree 100%. I dunno, something about the manliest guy around (who looks like another GAR character) running around in a maid outfit doing stupid things is actually funny for me.

I certainly would watch this over any of the other comedies of the season. Guilty pleasure series of spring '08 in my book.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 03:40   Link #80
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Run from manly maid...eeep! Wow, this first episode entertaining. I really wanted to slap Naeka's granddaddy for hiring a "maid guy" for her grand daughter. I mean wth! You hire a butler not a "man maid" to server a lady! Granddaddy has maids up the brain and then some.

Moving along, this anime has caught my attention now I hope it stays that way. I wonder if the ending credit scenes where we see Naeka and Fubki running in fear away from Koga is foreshadow something bad later on in the anime.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, shounen