AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-09, 07:46   Link #221
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oosutoraria
Age: 24
Nice Lucky Star icons, Sephi! Infact, all of them are great :P
As for your recent sig. It's rather okay, imo.
__________________

KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 07:53   Link #222
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post
I Really Like The Lucky Star Icons from that Big clump

The Sig is good.. what does it say in the corner in Japanese?
It says Zero no Tsukaima(title of anime) if i have to believe Wikipedia and Anidb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geki~ View Post
Spoiler for .ico:


Here ya go.

And the last sig. I think the couple should be placed a bit more up. But that's just me :P
Hax!!!
Spoiler:

Are you using Photoshop CS3? I'm using CS2 V9.02

Brought them up a bit. But the perspective might look somewhat weird if i move them up to much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
Nice Lucky Star icons, Sephi! Infact, all of them are great :P
As for your recent sig. It's rather okay, imo.
Thanks. Not to sure what to think of the rather okay but your right. It's nothing great.

Guess the Lucky Star icons are sort of popular. It has been downloaded around 400times atm, guess there doing a lot better than the Nanoha icons which only got downloaded 150times and it's been up for over a week
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 08:05   Link #223
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi;
It says Zero no Tsukaima(title of anime) if i have to believe Wikipedia and Anidb


Thanks :]

That sig looks better when there brought up
__________________
Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 08:06   Link #224
geki~
noLife
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 25
Mine is CS2 too :O
Maybe it's haxed :O
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 08:06   Link #225
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oosutoraria
Age: 24
Quote:
Thanks. Not to sure what to think of the rather okay but your right. It's nothing great.
When i meant 'rather okay' i meant, like, not bad, it's just fine Don't dis it in any way Sephi! It's good stuff !
__________________

KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 12:02   Link #226
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Thanks ^.^

My cs2 is legal though ^.^ still using the license from my previous school. But aah well, i can use the Iconworkshop prog to make them. It's quite easy to use anyway.

One more sig for today...


Bit bright uh ? But sort of on purpose to be bright. Just not recommended for people to do.. It starts to hurt my eyes starting at the brightness >.<
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 12:37   Link #227
geki~
noLife
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 25
Well my sc2 is uhh well mm ack

I kinda like the sig ^^ Only yeah it's damn bright lol.
What I don't like much is the hair of the girl but well that's not your mistake :P
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 16:12   Link #228
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Oooh so it appears not everything you pay for is better, thought i didn't really paid for it. Well not directly atleast

Thanks for the comment. And meh the hair was darker on the original one. But i made it brighter to fit the whole theme of the sig.

Time to cut the slack for me to. College starting again tomorrow. Aaah had about 8 weeks vacation Not that i did anything interesting. But time to cut the slack and get working again. As i tell myself: "Failure is not a option"
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 16:34   Link #229
Epsilon
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via MSN to Epsilon
wow bright. Very nice and slick though, i like slick and clean.

ahh you've become a victim of college/work as well then, seems like i'm not the only one.
Time to dust those pens and harddrives and get back to work. [Nobody move! I dropped my brain!]
__________________
You won't like me when I'm honest
Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 05:29   Link #230
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: why ask ??
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
Spoiler:


am i lacking something ? i can't find the ICO type file here... i'm already resize it though...., oh well it seems not just sephi who couldn't find it...

@sephi
about my post earlier don't bother about it, i don't have enough sleep lately... my eyes must be blurry >.< can't see right haha....

oh well, i'm still trying to find those axias... stuff, it's a bit hard to find here >.<
__________________
Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 06:48   Link #231
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_Echo View Post
wow bright. Very nice and slick though, i like slick and clean.

ahh you've become a victim of college/work as well then, seems like i'm not the only one.
Time to dust those pens and harddrives and get back to work. [Nobody move! I dropped my brain!]
Don't worry. If it will be like last year, i will have more than enough time for myself. I thought it would finally get tough entering college. But instead i found myself having even more time than i had before... Though this semester is slightly different than the usual one. So i will see how it goes.

As for your post in your thread. I wouldn't dare calling myself a webdesigner. I only know some basic HTML and CSS and java script. I will learn some Flash this semester. I like flash sites. They usually look pretty and dynamic. But at the same time i hate the loadtime on most of them.

I added you on msn. The one with the strange name would be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runa View Post
Spoiler:


am i lacking something ? i can't find the ICO type file here... i'm already resize it though...., oh well it seems not just sephi who couldn't find it...

@sephi
about my post earlier don't bother about it, i don't have enough sleep lately... my eyes must be blurry >.< can't see right haha....

oh well, i'm still trying to find those axias... stuff, it's a bit hard to find here >.<
Guess haxed stuff is better Runa

And i really would recommend you Axialis. I tried about 3 icon progs or so. And well, Axialis really was the only one that could please me. The others were either lacking things, or had just loads of crap. And i hate software that put stuff in startup... But that is just meh.. I'm sure there are other better programms.

Well, i had 2 goals last week. That was finish the tutorials i wanted to do, and a good signature. Imo i only managed to successfully do one of the goals. But this week i set 1 goal. And that is a good sig i will be using for the next few weeks or so. Since meh... I don't think i have ever used a sig for this long
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 11:03   Link #232
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
*cast Phoenix down*

Signatures.
Only made 2. No idea where this one is from. But the pic was just to interesting


And second sig, Da Capo... Haven't saw the anime yet. But perhaps i should check it out. The character design is interesting.


Render
And a render of my precious Fate. Gone make a wallpaper out of this one when i got time. ^.^ The render is HUGE btw... it's almost 10MB. But it is one of my cleanest render since i did it with the Pen tool. This one is only 1,4mb.

Full version 10mb and almost 4 times bigger
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 11:39   Link #233
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Princeton University
heck that pic really is interesting Nice job on the text (as always ) it shows the depth really well
Haven't gotten around to see Da capo yet either but the character design looks really interesting too, maybe will pick it up after my break from anime

and wow the render is huge @___@
__________________
Ice Climbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 11:41   Link #234
geki~
noLife
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 25
I really like the sigs. Specially the first one. The lighting gives it an underwater feeling and it fits very nicely. The render is cool too :P
The fate render = good job. In some aspects, bigger renders are easier to make since the uhh "little" details are big :P
Oh yeah and you posted that picture which you thought would be hard to render :P well I have already done worse. People with flying hair and such. Oh and of course this. Since it was one of my first renders, I need to over work it because it has some uncleaned edges but it was a hell to render it. I think it took me 4-5 hours. It was on a white background before too :P
Spoiler for big render:
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 12:56   Link #235
Shana
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Over there.
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post

Render
And a render of my precious Fate. Gone make a wallpaper out of this one when i got time. ^.^ The render is HUGE btw... it's almost 10MB. But it is one of my cleanest render since i did it with the Pen tool. This one is only 1,4mb.

Full version 10mb and almost 4 times bigger
Fate?! Wallpaper?! Loli?! Moe?! YOU WON!
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 13:37   Link #236
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: why ask ??
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa


new sigs eh... impressive, but i still don't quite like the combination in green with pink... maybe different chara with different hair color will do.... you know, it's just doesn't match the sakura's tree and the "theme" in it... but it's just meh.... IMO.

oh well, maybe you seems to be drown in rendering and tracing lately... that's why i haven't seen your best^^ come on you can do better than that, did anyone agree with that ? hahaha......
__________________
Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 14:10   Link #237
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by geki~ View Post
I really like the sigs. Specially the first one. The lighting gives it an underwater feeling and it fits very nicely. The render is cool too :P
The fate render = good job. In some aspects, bigger renders are easier to make since the uhh "little" details are big :P
Oh yeah and you posted that picture which you thought would be hard to render :P well I have already done worse. People with flying hair and such. Oh and of course this. Since it was one of my first renders, I need to over work it because it has some uncleaned edges but it was a hell to render it. I think it took me 4-5 hours. It was on a white background before too :P
Spoiler for big render:
Sounds like you killed your eyes and your sanity doing that I probably wouldn't even begin doing something like that unless i'm fairly sure that it will turn out good. Looks like fun to the decorated staff of her

And yea big render is easy rendering. But god the amount of scrolling ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
heck that pic really is interesting Nice job on the text (as always ) it shows the depth really well
Haven't gotten around to see Da capo yet either but the character design looks really interesting too, maybe will pick it up after my break from anime

and wow the render is huge @___@
Thanks Ice ^^ And yea, it's HUGE it might crash someone browser when viewing the 10mb version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Fate?! Wallpaper?! Loli?! Moe?! YOU WON!
Don't expect to much ^.^ i sort of got a idea, Just doing it is a lot of work since i can't use brushes since they are all to small...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runa View Post


new sigs eh... impressive, but i still don't quite like the combination in green with pink... maybe different chara with different hair color will do.... you know, it's just doesn't match the sakura's tree and the "theme" in it... but it's just meh.... IMO.

oh well, maybe you seems to be drown in rendering and tracing lately... that's why i haven't seen your best^^ come on you can do better than that, did anyone agree with that ? hahaha......
Not doing any tracing. Only did the render because i want to make a wallie of my fate chan ^.^ And now that you mention it, the combination is a bit awkward. And your right. The last sig i made that i liked was my Aria sig. Hence i'm still using it Hopefully i get some good inspiration. I remember... my worse enemy when i started was the know how of how to do it. But these days... i just lack the ideas... Perhaps it's time to take a REALLY long break. Though i won't stop until i make at least 1 sig i'm satisfied with myself.

I still got at least 3 things i want to do before i stop or take a long break.
- A new sig for myself >.<
- Project Water fairies
- Fate wallpaper

I got a idea for a sig though!! I hope it will turn out just as good as it looks in my mind. Which only happens like... 1/20 of the time >.<

Thanks for feedback everyone.
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 14:22   Link #238
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Render
And a render of my precious Fate. Gone make a wallpaper out of this one when i got time. ^.^ The render is HUGE btw... it's almost 10MB. But it is one of my cleanest render since i did it with the Pen tool. This one is only 1,4mb.

Full version 10mb and almost 4 times bigger
zomg what a render! now we have someone rising up to place of the gods (ie where sol and jayson are )

how long did it take?
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 15:15   Link #239
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Airantou
Send a message via AIM to bigdave
Whoa nice Trace Sephi ^^

Post this stuff on A-source too >,<
u got good, and u started recently too right?

for that one sig with the sakura blossoms, the girls ribbon color just kinda messes up the sig =/
maybe if u changed either the color of the ribbon or the Cherry blossoms it would look much better ^^
__________________
If you want to see more of my sigs go to~ bigdave's sig gallery ~

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 16:21   Link #240
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
zomg what a render! now we have someone rising up to place of the gods (ie where sol and jayson are )

how long did it take?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
Whoa nice Trace Sephi ^^

Post this stuff on A-source too >,<
u got good, and u started recently too right?

for that one sig with the sakura blossoms, the girls ribbon color just kinda messes up the sig =/
maybe if u changed either the color of the ribbon or the Cherry blossoms it would look much better ^^
I feel like a liar now Though reading my own post again, i think i used the right words.

It's a render, not a trace i did. The original scan is posted in the Nanoha img thread. And is the same resolution. I wanted to use the pic for a Fate wallpaper. Since it will be such a huge size i extracted the img with the pen tool so i get a very clean render. I didn't wanted to risk bad edges so i did it with the pen tool instead of my usual lasso tool. I didn't vectored anything.. Well only the shape

Here is the original in case people missed it or if it's still confusing.
Spoiler for original post + scan:

I only extracted the img...

People probably aren't interested. But i estimate extracting it with pen tool took me around 30min or so.

And dave i will just slip the Da Capo one down the Garbage bin. Changing the ribbon color, selecting each part and doing that just isn't worth the effort. I might make a post over A-Source. But there aren't many graphic designers over there. And i really don't see a good reason to post there. And meh.. "good".. If i can't make a sig i'm happy with myself soon i will go in to ~Losing Sanity~ mode again
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.