AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-07-27, 15:29   Link #81
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh really? thats a shame...i love the iriya banner and imo the matsuri one would be your weakest of the three >_<
imo the colours for your sky banner is pretty dull ~ you need to brighten it up a little or tweek with the contrast but as far as it's composition ~ it is fine

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:12   Link #82
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geki~ View Post
I really like your banner entries, they immediately caught my eye when I was browsing the banner contest thread~
Keep it up ^-^
Thanks. Can't remember i saw you before here. So in case i missed your introduction post. Welcome to the forums. And have a nice time here. Did notice your skybanners. They had a nice feel to it imo. Goodluck in the skycontest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh really? thats a shame...i love the iriya banner and imo the matsuri one would be your weakest of the three >_<
imo the colours for your sky banner is pretty dull ~ you need to brighten it up a little or tweek with the contrast but as far as it's composition ~ it is fine
aauw everyone dodged my question in so many ways when i asked them ^^ i never manage to get a final answer out of anyone. So i went with my own feeling. Despite the iriya might being a better choice. In the end. It's mostly a crop and scale. Even though i went true loads of work to remove the bird by finding a new render and blending it in. I still feel like it's not mine work.

I tried giving the color more vibrant feeling with my usual way of bringing colors out out.

Here is the final version 5 already

Old version for comparison

Thanks for your input guys :

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 17:00   Link #83
geki~
noLife
*Artist

Thank you ^-^
You can check out my stuff too if ya like~
I posted quite a list but haven't really got any attention yet hehe

One thing about the Air banner. I think the clouds right beside Misuzu are a bit too bright/sharp, so maybe to make them a bit softer, would give them a more realistic feeling~
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 12:43   Link #84
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I'll certainly keeep this two in mind when it comes to voting in the extension.
Old 2007-07-29, 12:48   Link #85
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

thanks. I'm atm quite surprised i'm doing fairly well in the daytime gradient atm. And i'm still unsure if it was a good choice to switch my iriya banner out for the air one. But guess only time can tell

As for the extension. I'm a bit troubled about how it will go. The gradients are still open for change. And if they allow everyone to make there own gradient i think the forum will turn in to a disco ^^. And meh.. my current banners might look awful on the other gradients.

So i'm hoping the mods decide on the 3 dawn/dusk/night gradient. And hopefully there not to much different than the current one, if not the same.
Though personally i prefer just the current gradients. As most of the people who already entered the extension already made there banners. And it will be a pain to rework the banner again for the contest. Though that is just imho. And probably a bit selfish one

So hopefully the mods will release details about the extended contest soon.

Last edited by Sephi; 2007-07-29 at 13:05.
Old 2007-07-29, 13:27   Link #86
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

I am with Daniel for the voting of the extension~ aha~ ^^

hopefully there's more time for the extension... I need to pick up some cging skills haha... >_< I just fail in every way.

To join in the quote-fest, here's one from Aristotle:
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.

=)

& paint the world in muddled smudges
like spilled ink over canvas;

innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 02:12   Link #87
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
thanks. I'm atm quite surprised i'm doing fairly well in the daytime gradient atm. And i'm still unsure if it was a good choice to switch my iriya banner out for the air one. But guess only time can tell

As for the extension. I'm a bit troubled about how it will go. The gradients are still open for change. And if they allow everyone to make there own gradient i think the forum will turn in to a disco ^^. And meh.. my current banners might look awful on the other gradients.

So i'm hoping the mods decide on the 3 dawn/dusk/night gradient. And hopefully there not to much different than the current one, if not the same.
Though personally i prefer just the current gradients. As most of the people who already entered the extension already made there banners. And it will be a pain to rework the banner again for the contest. Though that is just imho. And probably a bit selfish one

So hopefully the mods will release details about the extended contest soon.
Yea it would be a pain to have to remake all those banners extensions we made before the contest hope they don't change it (although I am inclined to say that the dusk gradient doesnt really look like dusk ) Oh well, we can only see what the mods say =]

As for your banners, they look great. Seriously. The extended ones are just breathtaking. ^ ^ b GJ

Oh yea you got one of my votes for the contest ^ ^ (not surprisingly )

@innominate- what's up with your quotes these days
Old 2007-07-30, 05:09   Link #88
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
I am with Daniel for the voting of the extension~ aha~ ^^

hopefully there's more time for the extension... I need to pick up some cging skills haha... >_< I just fail in every way.

To join in the quote-fest, here's one from Aristotle:
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.

=)
Thanks.
Your being to modest. Your banners definitely weren't bad. Especially since you don't make sigs/ava or stuff like that. So most of us had a head start to begin with. As for the quote. Somehow i can't agree completely with it. There are more roads that lead to Rome.

And meh i tried looking for some good quotes but couldn't find one. The 2 that came from pellissier thread are still my favorite two so far.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you take, but how many moments took your breath away

They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Yea it would be a pain to have to remake all those banners extensions we made before the contest hope they don't change it (although I am inclined to say that the dusk gradient doesnt really look like dusk ) Oh well, we can only see what the mods say =]

As for your banners, they look great. Seriously. The extended ones are just breathtaking. ^ ^ b GJ

Oh yea you got one of my votes for the contest ^ ^ (not surprisingly )

@innominate- what's up with your quotes these days
Thank you for your vote ^^
And hehe actually neither the dusk or dawn one struck me as very dusk/dawn like. But i think it varies a bit depending on the moment and where you live.

Wikipedia definition on Dusk and Dawn

Dawn definition

Dusk definition

When i look at the definitions of dawn and dusk, my banners really seem out of it

And meh.. the night one... I do think the clear line has to be removed... But meh.. Night gradient is most work for me... Since the original was a 450 wide sig. I have to recreate the sides again. The left side isn't a problem. But the right side has to be resmudged again than... I had to use apply image to be able to smudge it out.

So guess all we can do is wait for the mods to release the details on the extension.

Old 2007-07-30, 12:16   Link #89
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Thank you for your vote ^^
And hehe actually neither the dusk or dawn one struck me as very dusk/dawn like. But i think it varies a bit depending on the moment and where you live.

Wikipedia definition on Dusk and Dawn

Dawn definition

Dusk definition

When i look at the definitions of dawn and dusk, my banners really seem out of it

And meh.. the night one... I do think the clear line has to be removed... But meh.. Night gradient is most work for me... Since the original was a 450 wide sig. I have to recreate the sides again. The left side isn't a problem. But the right side has to be resmudged again than... I had to use apply image to be able to smudge it out.

So guess all we can do is wait for the mods to release the details on the extension.
Yeap, and wow you actually look up the DEFINITION for those pretty crazy

Well compared to yours mine seems more out of it
Old 2007-08-03, 10:14   Link #90
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Meh.. 2 sigies to update

Code geass sig

Sort of a crop and scale. But did some minor tweaking with levels colors. Also if you didn't noticed the Geass is pulsing!!11eleven1!one! (30 frames) so glows/pulses very slow

Aria the Natural.
Sad story on my Aria sig PSD gray bg is the root of evil... Or i should get my eyes checked... But it looked better in PSD >.<

So to still try save it. I feathered the sig.. somehow it looks less ugly than normal.

Normal one

Spoiler for This is how it looks in Photoshop:

Is something wrong with my eyes or is the gray bg really making it look better than on a white bg? The normal one and the screenshot are exactly the same... I should really keep in mind that when making bright stuff, the result on white bg might be more dull...

Old 2007-08-03, 15:39   Link #91
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ the problem here is that it is too bright...soo bright that i am unable to make out the detail which is stopping it from looking as good as it should be >.< also i believe that it will look better if your stock was bigger as atm it feels empty and the transparency of the text makes the siggy look like it is in 2 halves :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 18:01   Link #92
geki~
noLife
*Artist

The Code Geass signature looks okay but maybe a bit too boring. As you said it was pretty much crop and scale.

On the Aria one, I think you should bring out the girls a bit more since they kinda melt in to the background a bit too much. The text could be a tone darker because if you make the girls a bit darker then it balances the composition of light and dark~
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 18:10   Link #93
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
Sephi>> U have made a couple new ones ^^
the code geass one is okay, how bout play with contrast or the color balance or something, to make the colors more vibrant. I know its a crop sig and all.

Other then that I love the crop u did of the larger pic, Nice Job ^^b

for ur aria one, yea I think u have put too much things over the girls or put over them cuz its very hard to see with them faded out almost by the clouds.

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 02:46   Link #94
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

The code geass one mmm. I will try twink a bit more with color after breakfast. And mmm personally i liked the outcome of the code geass one. I like the angle of the shot. And i thought i could bring some awesomeness in it with the pulsing geass

As for the aria. Yea guess it's a complete failure. The original bg was a sky with water.. But not much of that is left. The more i try to fix the dull color the more quality i lost. I will just slap this one in the garbage bin and make a new sig as a tribute to the greatness of Aria.

And meh.. when is the extension contest startin ~~ ?
I thought it would happen during nomination round. But than i thought perhaps i failed to read again. And it was Final rounds. But it's still not up.

And "sigh" goes sulking in corner now.
I hoped either my Air or Aria banner would of make it to the final round... Though i actually thought it would be the 10 with most vote to make it to the final round. But instead only made Sola banner. Ugh... hopefully more luck for me in the extension Wonder what would of happened in case of a tie.. My Air and Sola both had 10 votes for awhile.

thanks for input guys.

Old 2007-08-04, 04:03   Link #95
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Hmm the Code Geass one isn't bad IMHO but as you said, the glowing of the Geass symbol seems too subtle to be noticed (i was staring at it )

As for your Aria one, yes I agree with DKZ that it is kinda too bright so that you lose focus on the characters (like they just blend right in but a little too much ) but that is just my opinion

Overall, great works here Sephi-san =3

P.S. STOP SULKING lol, we've already been through that phase. Hey at least your banner made it lol (although I would like the Aria one to make it too, but meh maybe it's just fate nothing to be complaining about)
Old 2007-08-04, 05:22   Link #96
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

You are all right about the Aria sig. It will move to the garbage bin section of my first post when i made a new sig. I promise myself to not taint the name of aria untill i make a sig i think is worthy of it. (armed with a bulk of screencaps) And still 5 episodes left of the last season.

Should someone start wondering. Yes.. i really like Aria And hopefully other people will to when i finish making a Aria worthy sig.

Here is update on the new Code Geass. The pulsing should be more notable. It's over 26 frames now. And the pulse is stronger i think... But than again, i'm blind for my own mistakes. As for colors. They changed slightly.. though not sure if it's any better, or if you can actually notice it.

and \o/ The Final voting round changed. Now all that is left is the extension round. Hopefully we get the details about the gradients soon.

Old 2007-08-04, 08:52   Link #97
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
The Final voting round changed.
Yeah you have two of your banners in now ^^ I think. Good luck!

Codegeass siggy: Nice crop xP

& paint the world in muddled smudges
like spilled ink over canvas;

innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 14:19   Link #98
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah you have two of your banners in now ^^ I think. Good luck!

Codegeass siggy: Nice crop xP
Somehow all 3 of mine manage to make it. The Aria one isn't doing to well. But aah well. I'm happy that it made it there And people get to see some of Aria that way

Two new Aria sigies to update. Not as great as i hoped it to turn out. But i needed a new sig. Will use the first Aria sig for now and save the Memories off for the extension contest week. Again the same render. I had to put the render to good use.. And it's hard to find pics of Aria that makes a good render. The sig bg is made from screencaps. The only thing that isn't from screencap is the render and the left plane. The shadows might be off on some of the things. But i didn't saw a mistake so far with shadow and perspective.

Spoiler for renderless and alternative version:

And might as well present this simple crop and scale to... A whole 15min of effort... and i think it turned out even better than the one above.. which was at least a hour and a half of work. >.< Addd sun ray effect, Which you probably don't see minor twink with levels and blending options and layers.

2 Avatars to go with the signatures

Also made these 2 Seto no Hanayome animates avatar a while ago. But forgot to update.

Last edited by Sephi; 2007-08-05 at 14:32.
Old 2007-08-06, 20:56   Link #99
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
Quote:
Somehow all 3 of mine manage to make it. The Aria one isn't doing to well. But aah well. I'm happy that it made it there And people get to see some of Aria that way

don't worry about it sep^^, i watch your tread quite a long time, and now for the 1st time i can say your banner are one of the best ... i love Misuzu and Aria Banner... well to bad i can vote more than one... keep it up ^^
Old 2007-08-06, 21:17   Link #100
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Yea don't worry about it Sephi, I voted for your Aria one =]

and plus, all 3 of yours made it lol so theres not really anything to be sorry about

Btw, I love your current siggy and avie =3 Just like I loved your banner keep those up