AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-15, 09:34   Link #1
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!

Naruto Can't Lose :)

So technically we never seen him lose a fight. I mean if he got knocked out during something and somebody jumped in and helped him that's still not technically a loss.

So what I'm wondering is how did he do during his training in the academy. I don't remember them ever mentioning any sparring action going on. It would be cool to see flash backs of him sparring other students and see whether he always still won somehow or if he would get knocked around a lot.

How do you think Uzumaki Naruto's record held up durring training? Do you think if he did get knocked around a lot that drove him more toward his stamina training?

Oh, this goes for other characters too. How do you think your favorite character did in sparring matches in the academy if they actually had them?

For some reason I think Kakashi was a trouble maker when he was younger. Prolly messed around and got beat up a lot. I think this because he really seems to push discipline in a way like he's learned from his own mistakes.
Narutostinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 09:39   Link #2
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

he lost against
Spoiler:
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 09:41   Link #3
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
he lost against
Spoiler:

pay attention to the post if ur gonna reply...he didn't lose..wasn't a match..and somebody jumped in.
Old 2004-01-15, 09:41   Link #4
GreyArea
Meatf***er

He can lose quite easily, he has vey little protection against genjitsu because his basic knowledge of such things is poor.

Should he, for example come up against someone who could use the sharingan properly, or just someone immensely strong, he could be beaten, all too easily.

Remember what Orochimaru did to him?

I doubt there was much sparring that went beyond basic 'how to punch properly' type stuff in the academy, and I figure we werent shown that because its terribly boring.
Old 2004-01-15, 09:44   Link #5
Nine Devil

wtf are you talking about!

don't tell me that im wrong in Naruto

He lost against Oro in the forest.He went Kyubi but still lost.He was sealed and beaten unconcious.ok!

plus

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-15, 09:50   Link #6
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
He can lose quite easily, he has vey little protection against genjitsu because his basic knowledge of such things is poor.

Should he, for example come up against someone who could use the sharingan properly, or just someone immensely strong, he could be beaten, all too easily.

Remember what Orochimaru did to him?

I doubt there was much sparring that went beyond basic 'how to punch properly' type stuff in the academy, and I figure we werent shown that because its terribly boring.

Boring? Are you kidding me? I bet you didn't like the flashback scene of Lee when he was young either. There is so much humor and lessons that can be shown in the training at the academy. Although we may never see any of it. I'd definately like to.

Also, don't get confused. I'm not saying Naruto CAN'T be beat. I'm saying he hasn't yet in a match type setting or fight where somebody else didn't interfere. That INCLUDES ORO and even
Spoiler:

Gah, trying to get people to have fun with the post not knit pick on how something is worded. Go try to make urself feel better somewhere else.
Old 2004-01-15, 09:55   Link #7
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Well, you're wrong though. In his 'fight' with Oro, noone interfered. In fact, it was Naruto who interfered with Oro's fight against Sasuke, but Orochimaru quickly disposed of Naruto so they could carry on.

Spoiler:

Also, weve already seen people training as such, and what I meant was, with no more character build up to give us, showing them training would be boring.
Old 2004-01-15, 10:03   Link #8
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!

Quote:
Well, you're wrong though. In his 'fight' with Oro, noone interfered. In fact, it was Naruto who interfered with Oro's fight against Sasuke, but Orochimaru quickly disposed of Naruto so they could carry on.

Spoiler:

Also, weve already seen people training as such, and what I meant was, with no more character build up to give us, showing them training would be boring.

You guys are hopeless. Pay attention to what I said before you reply. I already said humor and lessons which would build up character development can be obtained through such flashbacks. An example might be a joke about why Naruto might have his hair in spikes like that. Maybe even tell of his orange jump suit.
Can we please stay on topic of the actual questions?!

You also need to go back and read the manga.
Spoiler:
Yet, that isn't the point of this post. Man I hate people like you. You are what ruins these boards.
Old 2004-01-15, 10:07   Link #9
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:

Spoiler:

Ditto that, GreyArea-san. Just to add a few things:

Spoiler:

Now, put Naruto against Itachi, Tsunade, Jiraiya, Oro or even Gai, Kakashi, Asuma: he'd get bitch-slapped cool.

Naruto isn't the unbeatable hero many people think he is. A lot of people can easily beat him, even in Kyuubi mode.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 10:08   Link #10
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Nahhh i dont think grey area ruins boards he provides pretty well argued subjects, i find yours though stinger kinda of pointlessssssss
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 10:09   Link #11
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutostinger
You also need to go back and read the manga.
Spoiler:
Yet, that isn't the point of this post. Man I hate people like you. You are what ruins these boards.
You sir, are boring me. You should go re-read the manga,

Spoiler:

As for the rest of your post, re-read what I said. We already know of each characters past, and finding out some useless trivia about someones clothes or appearance simply doesnt appeal to me, hence why I disregarded it as boring.
Old 2004-01-15, 10:10   Link #12
reymysteriojr

Maybe they will have naruto lose against someone soon. Just to show him he can't beat everyone. 1 on 1 or whatever with no one jumping in. He will learn the hardknocks..if not then he will go undefeated like a certain sayian...oy..
reymysteriojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 10:14   Link #13
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!

Quote:
You sir, are boring me. You should go re-read the manga,

Spoiler:

As for the rest of your post, re-read what I said. We already know of each characters past, and finding out some useless trivia about someones clothes or appearance simply doesnt appeal to me, hence why I disregarded it as boring.

Then stay the hell outta the post you space taking up punk. You are wasting my time.

Why isn't anybody sticking to topic? *pulls hair out*

Viscious, totally agreed. It's obvious as of Gai jumping in on Gaara in Lee's match and stopping his attack with a wave of an arm when it comes to who can beat who at age and level. That however, is NOT the point of this topic.

So sad...so very sad...

FYI, if this topic doesn't interest you. Don't effin post!
Old 2004-01-15, 10:16   Link #14
Nine Devil

You say that cuz he is 100% right dumbfuck!
Old 2004-01-15, 10:18   Link #15
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reymysteriojr
Maybe they will have naruto lose against someone soon. Just to show him he can't beat everyone. 1 on 1 or whatever with no one jumping in. He will learn the hardknocks..if not then he will go undefeated like a certain sayian...oy..
Perfect example of what TO post. An opinion ON topic.

I'd like to see that too. Basically see how he recovers from losing like that. Only thing is it would have to be within Konoha because everywhere else it seems death is involved outside the village.
Old 2004-01-15, 10:19   Link #16
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
FYI, if this topic doesn't interest you. Don't effin post!
this topic could be intresting but i find you annoying and very strong willed- well welcome to the forum, and i hope you dont get flamed to death by all the enemys you made to day
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 10:33   Link #17
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
this topic could be intresting but i find you annoying and very strong willed- well welcome to the forum, and i hope you dont get flamed to death by all the enemys you made to day

Nice, I found another Arizonan who would be Sasuke to my Naruto. :P

Ya know I've "read" this forum for a long time. Just barely started to post. With all this nonsense arguing like I've been seeing it doesn't seem to be worth the time to post. All these rules and nobody stays on topic.

Ya know what would be hilarious? Seeing Naruto at Konohamaru's age doing crazy stuff. Maybe a flashback of Naruto as he looks upon Konohamaru doing something silly like the square rock thing.
Old 2004-01-15, 10:41   Link #18
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
So technically we never seen him lose a fight. I mean if he got knocked out during something and somebody jumped in and helped him that's still not technically a loss.
LOSING: has to be better defined. Is losing stating "uncle"? Is losing being dead? Is losing when the opponent has made their strength shown? The one on one battles where no one interferes are the best measure of this, but ninja's protecting a village or person is a team thing, thus losing a confrontation is subjective.
Quote:
So what I'm wondering is how did he do during his training in the academy. I don't remember them ever mentioning any sparring action going on. It would be cool to see flash backs of him sparring other students and see whether he always still won somehow or if he would get knocked around a lot.
The only scenes I've seen is where Naruto is continually "failing" to produce a working clone of himself....point made, he fails at almost everything including the exam three times. We only assume they did spar with each other and with family members to learn. I'm sure Naruto got knocked off his ass a lot!
Quote:
How do you think Uzumaki Naruto's record held up durring training? Do you think if he did get knocked around a lot that drove him more toward his stamina training?
I think he lost a lot unless it came down to stamina. He didn't learn stamina, he just has it because he just has the kyuubi.
Quote:
Oh, this goes for other characters too. How do you think your favorite character did in sparring matches in the academy if they actually had them?
Naruto is my fav character, second is Pervert Senin He's just like Naruto in most ways!
Quote:
For some reason I think Kakashi was a trouble maker when he was younger. Prolly messed around and got beat up a lot. I think this because he really seems to push discipline in a way like he's learned from his own mistakes.
I'm sure they could do an entire new series on the older members!

I'd love to see a story about Naruto's orange jumpsuit! I know this is too trival for Greyarea and boring, but then again the stories were boring and annoying when the girl on "american pie" stated "this one time in band camp" until she said something that caught her date's attention *although I did have an orange flame retardant jump suit when I raced stock cars in my youth-man I should drag that thing out and cut & gel my hair and cosplay with it*
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 11:10   Link #19
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Exactly how is that not losing? I'm trying to figure this out. What's a loss in your book? Does he have to die or just get knocked out and left unconscious? There's only been one tournament-type setting with a ref to prevent people from being killed in the anime so, I'm not exactly sure what a "loss" consitutes to you. I mean, by your definition, Sasuke's never lost, and Sakura's never lost either.

In Initial D there's an episode where a certain character's engine blows, and he can't complete the race. The guy he's racing says that in the race world, an engine blow counts as a loss.

I'm pretty sure the characters in the Naruto universe count a KO (like what Rock does to him before the exam.) as a loss...I mean especially so after when you see the 99th match between Kakashi and Guy.

Quote:
He didn't always win. Just like he hasn't always been winning now. I certainly don't count it a victory when someone kicks my ass without me so much as laying a finger on them, and then my friend steps in to fight him. Naruto got beat down during training. It's why he's the "brick" assigned to even out team strength with Sasuke and Sakura. (Though, in actuality the brick is Sakura.)

Quote:

I think his record of getting beaten down would have held up. I think his stamina "training" you're speaking of is just what Kiraiya refers to as "a spirit that won't give up". I don't think Naruto trained to take 50 punches in exchange for landing one. That's just what ended up happening. If Naruto could, he'd much rather be the one landing the 50.

Quote:
I think that part's hinted at. Him reading the hentai manga during the Genin exam is proof of that. Also, when someone mention's he's in the hospital they refer to him as "that kid" or something similar. While I certainly hope there isn't a whole episode dedicated to flashbacks, I think you'll see them like you're seeing them for the other characters...in the middle of tough fights.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 11:20   Link #20
Tboz

Another reason that a few members had pointed out from time to time. Most of Naruto's opponents underestimate him, so he has got some element of surprise.

They should know better now.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote