AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-15, 15:09   Link #21
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutostinger
I'm saying he hasn't yet in a match type setting or fight where somebody else didn't interfere. That INCLUDES ORO
How did Naruto not lose against Oro? Oro sealed the kyubi and Naruto was unconscious for at least 12 hours after. Worst of all he was saved by Sakura!!! That's far worse than dying. If you use the logic that it was a team battle, he still lost. Oro went on to Kick Sasuke's ass and leave him with a curse seal as a reminder. Sakura was just too weak for Oro to bother with, so he left. It's a loss any way you think about it.
I will concede that Naruto fought kabuto to a draw. Neither of them were able to fight anymore. Still Naruto was dying, Kabuto was just unable to continue the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
In Initial D there's an episode where a certain character's engine blows, and he can't complete the race. The guy he's racing says that in the race world, an engine blow counts as a loss.
True, but Takumi would have lost even if the engine didn't blow. He was behind, and he couldn't use his gutter trick or home course advantage to catch up since the race wasn't on Akina. Plus Takumi wasn't in the best state of mind at the time...
Old 2004-01-15, 15:30   Link #22
eLstar
(^_^)v

I think a thread is allowed to have people go off topic as long as it relates to the topic. Also, NineDevil, watch your language and flamming please. Remember that there's no flamming of each other whatsoever.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 15:45   Link #23
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
How did Naruto not lose against Oro? Oro sealed the kyubi and Naruto was unconscious for at least 12 hours after. Worst of all he was saved by Sakura!!! That's far worse than dying. If you use the logic that it was a team battle, he still lost. Oro went on to Kick Sasuke's ass and leave him with a curse seal as a reminder. Sakura was just too weak for Oro to bother with, so he left. It's a loss any way you think about it.
Again, Losing has to be defined, but is always going to be subjective to each and every person. According to your theory, Sakura won. As she was left unharmed, and Oro ran away (regardless of the reason)

If Oro only wanted to place the seals on and leave, then he won or completed his objective.

If Oro wanted to kill or capture and take Sasuke and/or Naruto, then he lost to Sakura. (i feel so dirty typing that)

if so, then
Spoiler:

even in death you don't always lose in my Book!

(if all the fights were one on one and rules/terms were posted, this would be much easier but they are not. As in the Shikamura vs Temari, he beat Temari, but He lost to the terms of the battle..... but he showed more strength and wit, so he really won)
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:07   Link #24
SumOfThisBloodIsMine

Uh....

Youg uys sure do say the same thing over adn over, I dunno how to do the cool grey thing but in the manner of LOSING, Naruto seems to very easily fall into it but very quickly get up and try again, Lee messed him up with one move, then they stopped fighting is taht a loss? Come on, he is always getting knocked around but when it comes to LIFE DEATH or being what he wants to be he's gonna win no matter what, Oro sealed him, he didn't beat the shit out of him he sealed his thinger. He would have lossed no doubt but ... well I guess being sealed is a loss since the 9-tails demon lot by being sealed in him. But, stop saying th same things over and over. It's annoying.
SumOfThisBloodIsMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:10   Link #25
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumOfThisBloodIsMine
Youg uys sure do say the same thing over adn over, I dunno how to do the cool grey thing but in the manner of LOSING, Naruto seems to very easily fall into it but very quickly get up and try again, Lee messed him up with one move, then they stopped fighting is taht a loss? Come on, he is always getting knocked around but when it comes to LIFE DEATH or being what he wants to be he's gonna win no matter what, Oro sealed him, he didn't beat the shit out of him he sealed his thinger. He would have lossed no doubt but ... well I guess being sealed is a loss since the 9-tails demon lot by being sealed in him. But, stop saying th same things over and over. It's annoying.
echo
Quote:
But, stop saying th same things over and over. It's annoying. .
pot calling the kettle black
Old 2004-01-15, 16:39   Link #26
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Not gonna read 2 pages for this 4 word answer:

HE LOST TO LEE. Have a nice day. =)
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:48   Link #27
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
HE LOST TO LEE. Have a nice day. =)
ok, for the high risk of sounding sakurish, sorry I can't resist But, if Naruto gained some wisdom, even if just experience, he didn't truely lose Or "if one has to raise ones voice or take to violence, who really is the winner?"

bottom line: We are ALL losers and win only when we learn something from it!
Old 2004-01-15, 17:08   Link #28
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
ok, for the high risk of sounding sakurish, sorry I can't resist But, if Naruto gained some wisdom, even if just experience, he didn't truely lose Or "if one has to raise ones voice or take to violence, who really is the winner?"

bottom line: We are ALL losers and win only when we learn something from it!
True, but it doesnt help when you end up dead
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 17:44   Link #29
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Yeah, G.I. Joe said "Knowing was half the battle." but not getting your ass killed is a BIG part of the other half.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 17:57   Link #30
reymysteriojr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutostinger
Perfect example of what TO post. An opinion ON topic.

I'd like to see that too. Basically see how he recovers from losing like that. Only thing is it would have to be within Konoha because everywhere else it seems death is involved outside the village.
totally agreed with you maybe a hermit wandering and staying in the village just passing by.but youre right or maybe if its out of the village they will spare him claiming his mouth fights better then his body or something and let him live to their mistake. dont worry about flaming man...everyone has a right to his or her own opinion. stick to your guns..just express yourself different with resulting in name calling or cursing. you wouldnt want someone doing it to. ;-) welcome to the forum btw
reymysteriojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 19:09   Link #31
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
The third Hokage didn't lose in his death! He helped a lot even in death

Naruto lost his heart to Sakura. Sakura wins

All theology aside: Naruto isn't set up to lose, but when it appears he has, he always comes back with a valuable lesson..... kind of like training. Most people would give up then keep on trying after it appears one has lost, but Naruto does not.

Man I wish I had the stamina he has, even with out, Naruto would still be a great guy to know (and watch and read about) because he doesn't give up and he has great friends and teachers to help him.

The village treats him like shit, with only a few befriending him.
He has a beast locked up inside that killed his fellow villagers (perhaps even his parents)
Everyone expects and wants him to fail...... yet he don't

How many of us can or do stand up under such circumstances? Perhaps a few.

Even when Naruto fails or "loses" he comes out smelling like a rose (flower), because he turns adversity into a strength, so win or lose Naruto never appears down and out and hopeless.

It's like Lee, a lot of people felt he isn't a loser, because he went the distance with Gaara. He did his best Now do we feel that Sakura is a winner? Heck, even she knows she doesn't try or practice enough.
Old 2004-01-15, 19:24   Link #32
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Cool grey thing? If you mean spoiler tags it's [spioler]message here[/spioler], with spoiler spelled correctly.
Old 2004-01-15, 19:25   Link #33
GreyArea
Meatf***er

pathy - too much thought gone into that
Old 2004-01-15, 21:40   Link #34
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
pathy - too much thought gone into that
You are correct, as I'm not as subtle as you
How about this?

Naruto can and will lose someday
It will be to Saskuke and Sakura!

He's more of a liability then an asset
Leaf should let Gaara take care of him

I want him to wear the jumpsuit Gai gave him
No, perhaps Sasuke's dress

I never want to see enjoyable & informitive flashbacks again
Need more flashbacks of Ino & Sakura and Lee's Trials!

Goku can kick Naruto's sorry Kyuubi's butt any day!
DBZ rules!

This show should be called Sakura & Sasuke in Paradice Found
Half the show has to be "sasuke kun "

Where is that "hammer dude" ok,
Old 2004-01-15, 21:49   Link #35
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Oooor some day when hinata loses her patience w/ naruto- she will do 64 hands of hakke on him when he least expects and drag him home and force him to love her. It would be like another episode of that one Kimi show here the blue hair girl rapes the messed up guy
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 21:52   Link #36
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
Oooor some day when hinata loses her patience w/ naruto- she will do 64 hands of hakke on him when he least expects and drag him home and force him to love her. It would be like another episode of that one Kimi show here the blue hair girl rapes the messed up guy
ok, so where can i d/l that show?

Last edited by pathyfinder; 2004-01-16 at 10:14.
Old 2004-01-15, 21:55   Link #37
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/245.html
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 10:14   Link #38
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
THANKS Touchy! I'd love to see Hinata kick Naruto's butt... now that would be so funny to see.... of course we all know when this happens Pervert Senin will be there watching! heck! he'd be there training her

Naruto would surely lose something.... knowing him he will be very happy about this loss
Old 2004-01-16, 10:18   Link #39
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Im sure you'll love KgNE pathy, its great