AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Death Note

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 35 Rating
Perfect 10 45 55.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 23.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-14, 06:21   Link #21
Auro
Harmlessly Eccentric

Send a message via MSN to Auro
This episode was crazily fantastic!
Spoiler for Show:

Can't think of anything else to contribute, I'm in shock from the ep and the C&D news (I just read it like a minute after seeing the episode.) I dunno why, what I do know is trust something like this to happen when its so close to finishing... they can't leave us hanging like that! Whaa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
Spoiler for 36:
Heh, don't you mean '35' and his name is Ide, and yes I did! Thats what I thought at first too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfan View Post
just want to add: (kurohana left out an important part of Takada's call to Mikami)
Spoiler for takada:
Well thats important!! Thank you.

Last edited by Auro; 2007-06-14 at 07:03. Reason: Okay I've calmed down ;)
Old 2007-06-14, 07:07   Link #22
xxkuronoxx

i don't think we might be able to finish watching the last 2 eps since the fansubs received a cease and desist letter

EDIT.

I think Episode 36 will be where Light writes Giselle Fahimian on the death note... for those of you that have seen the CnD scans... lol.... although i don't think he knows what she looks like

Last edited by xxkuronoxx; 2007-06-14 at 07:18.
Old 2007-06-14, 07:43   Link #23
littletomatoes

everything is going too favorably for light. too unrealistic. What would light have done if he sat in the front of the car instead? how would he kill her then?
Old 2007-06-14, 09:40   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the hell!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-14, 09:40   Link #25
poolfan
NOOB

A question: why was Takada so upset (she kept weeping non-stop - not apparent in the manga) after killing Mello and after Light told her to continue judging the criminals? Was it the anime's way of adding depth to her character?
Old 2007-06-14, 12:32   Link #26
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
A question: why was Takada so upset (she kept weeping non-stop - not apparent in the manga) after killing Mello and after Light told her to continue judging the criminals? Was it the anime's way of adding depth to her character?
I would guess that she knew Kira was going to kill her. She was commanded to tell Mikami to continue judging, hence a blanket command that she was no longer going to be the in-between
Old 2007-06-14, 12:45   Link #27
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I would guess that she knew Kira was going to kill her. She was commanded to tell Mikami to continue judging, hence a blanket command that she was no longer going to be the in-between
That would explain it thanks! The same liberty that the anime team employed with L.
Old 2007-06-14, 14:13   Link #28
Super Ska Master

Why was Takada bleeding when she was holding a pen? o.o Was the pen out of ink and she had to write it in blood?
Old 2007-06-14, 14:34   Link #29
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
^ She had obviously tried to climb through the window. Going on the size of her boobs (they looked big from one angle I saw!), the hole wouldn't be quite big enough for her to get through without doing lots of damage to herself.

Forgot to add this before - The first part of the episode was executed excellently by Madhouse. They really are amazing, they made a simple scene where we see all the characters doing there thing have an effect on me.

I predicted this episode would be Mello's and that Takada would die. I wonder...will next week be the same again, only this time it being Near's episode and Mikami being the one to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Am I supposed to understand why Mello put Takada's clothes into a box and "mailed" it somewhere?
I'd imagine he did it so there wouldn't be any evidence linking her belongings to her body, the same reason he didn't kill her in the back of his truck. His plan was probably to kill her in a place no-one goes to and then make sure no-one would be able to recognize the body.

It's rather silly that he showed respect and allowed one of Kira's closest followers to remove her clothes with her back to him. Never trust a woman... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
And how did Takada burn something? She couldn't have found a lighter or anything.
Again, it was a bit silly, Light couldn't have known what she had with her in the back of the truck. Wouldn't have looked too good for Light if Takada had died from a heart attack due to being unable to set fire to anything and was found dead with a piece of the Death Note...

Edit: Wait a sec! How did she manage to get the phone? o.O There were no instructions written. Now that I think aboit it for more than a second, she could've got Mello to open the door before dying...
Old 2007-06-14, 14:54   Link #30
Janey777

Quote:
She killed a person for the first time - not some distant criminal but a kidnapper, merely by writing his name in the piece of paper and it had effect.Than she had to climb and break window to get his phone and see his body like this - eyes wide opened. Plus she still was all naked... that's a shock, isn't it. And Light acts cold, caring more about her mission than about her state.
Old 2007-06-14, 14:56   Link #31
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I have a feeling that Light will win now.
Old 2007-06-14, 15:41   Link #32
mycen

Does this C&D affect the raws? I sure hope not ...
Old 2007-06-14, 18:35   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Going on the size of her boobs
Which have increased in size from the manga.

The start of this episode was absolutely fantastic. That one BGM that should appear on the third soundtrack works perfectly for Death Note. I was very much in awe through out that scene.

Brilliant episode. I never was a huge Mello fan until this part in the story --- there's just something about his attitude at this point that i enjoy seeing. Same goes for LOL Matt who's so awesome, even he doesn't understand. His speech before death, so good.

Also, another point in the series where you see the true Kira.
Old 2007-06-14, 19:48   Link #34
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

That track has given extra emotion and a sense of darkness everytime it's been used. I didn't think the first track on the first soundtrack would be beaten in quality.

After 35/37 episodes, DN has been as close to perfection in terms of anime as I can imagine. The only real weakness I can think of is the lack action...not much of a weakness when Death Note wouldn't work with Bruce Lee in it. Unless the subtitle quality is awful, I'll be buying the box set when/if it makes it over here.

It's funny thinking back to when L died; manga readers were acting like the series was over, and as a result everyone who hadn't read the manga expected the worst. I love it when low expectations get blown away.

Anyway. Episode 36 will probably be the last DN episode to stun me with plot twists; I already know what will happen in the final episode, thanks in no small part to...

- Forum spoilers
- DN Movie 2: The Last Name
- Kuro-Hana's IRC channel

Please, let episode 36 blow me away.
Old 2007-06-14, 19:59   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It's funny thinking back to when L died; manga readers were acting like the series was over, and as a result everyone who hadn't read the manga expected the worst. I love it when low expectations get blown away.
Not really.

After L's death, the manga does take a turn for the worst. Its hard to explain to someone who hasn't experienced this part of the story in the manga. Its one of those 'experience for yourself" things.

I shall admit though, Madhouse have done one hell of a job with the second arc. i'm finding myself enjoying it a lot more then i did the manga --- though thats thanks to music, wacky colors & awesome direction.
Old 2007-06-14, 20:12   Link #36
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

I've read up to chapter 74. There are lots of fairly boring chapters in there, the worst offenders being the Shidoh stuff and President arc, but I still enjoyed reading 56/7-74. Gonna read up to wherever the anime is right now tomorrow.

In my opinion, Manga will always going to be more boring than anime (when executed correctly), black and white pages can't beat animation, colour and sound. Never will understand people who prefer manga over anime!
Old 2007-06-14, 21:04   Link #37
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
oh man, 36 is now gonna be intense...

this will now show how is smarter and outwits everyone >:3
Old 2007-06-14, 21:32   Link #38
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey777 View Post
She killed a person for the first time - not some distant criminal but a kidnapper, merely by writing his name in the piece of paper and it had effect.Than she had to climb and break window to get his phone and see his body like this - eyes wide opened. Plus she still was all naked... that's a shock, isn't it. And Light acts cold, caring more about her mission than about her state.
It is not the first time she has written on the Deathnote and killed criminals although i agree that the effect of seeing the effect up close does have an adverse effect on her mind.

I also agree about the part about Light acting cold. I think the animators have done a great job fleshing out (no pun intended) Takada's role and character. I liked the dinner scene of her and Misa (an earlier episode) where Misa said that she'll be executed if Kira is arrested. She was visibly affected by that at first but started smiling when she thought of Light's promise to her ("you'll be the goddess of this new world"). This little reaction highlighted Takada's inner-struggle and sacrifice for the ideals of the man she loves. classic!

This is opposed to her being merely mildly annoyed in the manga.
Old 2007-06-14, 21:33   Link #39
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Even if the C&D has been announced, there are many, many groups who sub it. Alot that remain anonymous. We might get to see the last two, we might now.

I wonder why do this right at the last two episodes. So all of us following will have to buy them to finish it?
Old 2007-06-14, 21:39   Link #40
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
Again, it was a bit silly, Light couldn't have known what she had with her in the back of the truck. Wouldn't have looked too good for Light if Takada had died from a heart attack due to being unable to set fire to anything and was found dead with a piece of the Death Note...
You know, i thought about the exact same thing. Light gets away with a lot of things, just like how convenient it is that Raye Penbar just happened to own and bring along a laptop which can actually access information about his colleagues.