AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 29 18.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 38.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 25.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-19, 12:04   Link #201
Lendial

i dont think galatea is as good as teresa in body part sensing, otherwise she would be the "next" teresa and have no match in the organization.

During the 3 on 1 fight we saw that teresa was miles ahead of the 3rd-5th and even the second claymores solely because of her yoki reading powers. if galatea can do the same i dont see why she wouldnt be ranked number one.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:49   Link #202
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Anh answered for me on what was said by whom.

I'm thinking that there's typically a separation (RPG-wise) between tactical and social abilities, and that it's likely that they are similar, but not quite the same type of talent.

Being able to sense where the next attack is targeted at says nothing about the emotional state of the attacker, other than indirectly due to either precise or wild attacks. Teresa also apparently had no real clue about Priscilla's emotional state (other than the physically obvious) just before the final blow.

Galatea, on the other hand, is sensing emotions, including repressed reactions such as in Clare's case. I have no doubt that Galatea would never get blind-sided by Priscilla. However emotional state doesn't necessarily correlate with physical action, and I am highly dubious about her ability to fight directly against such an opponent depending only/primarily on her sensing skills.

Exactly how her sensing talents could be used in combat is uncertain right now, but I really can't see Galatea's as working the same way as Teresa's (if only due to the fact that each Claymore tends to have a unique knack, and duplicating them across characters would be a bit cheesy).

Last edited by Kinematics; 2007-06-19 at 17:13. Reason: spelling
Old 2007-06-19, 16:54   Link #203
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Galatea, on the other hand, is sensing emotions, including repressed reactions such as in Clare's case. I have no doubt that Galatea would never get blind-sided by Priscilla. However emotional state doesn't necessarily correlate with physical action, and I am highly dubious about her ability to fight directly against such an opponent depending only/primarily on her sensing skills.

Exactly how her sensing talents could be used in combat is uncertain right now, but I really can't see Galatea's as working the same was as Teresa's (if only due to the fact that each Claymore tends to have unique knack, and duplicating them across characters would be a bit cheesy).
She's number three out of 47... she must be able to do something with it.
Old 2007-06-19, 17:09   Link #204
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
She's number three out of 47... she must be able to do something with it.
Or maybe its just one of several talents. No one ever said that all Claymores had to be one-trick ponies...

Or she could just be a well rounded fighter aside from that.

OR you may be right, and maybe she's just not able to read it to the extent that Teresa could.
Old 2007-06-19, 17:18   Link #205
Lendial

it seems more than likely she will fight one of the 4 musketeers perhaps then we can see how she stacks up against teresa. id hate to see her bloody up that pretty face of hers though. maybe she has some ability that hasnt even been hinted yet.
Old 2007-06-25, 08:27   Link #206
tapio
sae-chan~

Can't wait for 12, the series keeps getting better :>~
Old 2007-06-25, 14:49   Link #207
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

You don't have to wait. Episode twelve has been subbed for several days...